Poll: What do you think?

Page 28 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Where do you think they were doing damage control?
    In the post speaking about slightly bulkier models.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    In the post speaking about slightly bulkier models.
    How do you know that’s damage control, and simply not their plan all along?

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Because if it was the plan all along or it already existed, they would’ve shown it or mentioned it during the deep dive.
    Given how popular upright Orcs are and there being a vocal part of the community that wanted more body types for other races they for sure would’ve made that a big feature for the Dracthyr.
    Examples of players wanting more body types are: Thin Kul Tirans, upright Worgen/Undead, Pandas that are closer to Shaohao and not fat.
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Because if it was the plan all along or it already existed, they would’ve shown it or mentioned it during the deep dive.
    Given how popular upright Orcs are and there being a vocal part of the community that wanted more body types for other races they for sure would’ve made that a big feature for the Dracthyr.
    Where in the announcement would they have logically been able to say that? Also I don't think "slightly bulkier" is what people on here and elsewhere are whining about.

As for upright Orcs, that came about because Thrall's model was upright, and people were wondering why they couldn't look like Thrall. That's a more solid ground to work off of, instead of saying that Dracthyr look "wimpy" or "ugly" or "soy".

Examples of players wanting more body types are: Thin Kul Tirans, upright Worgen/Undead, Pandas that are closer to Shaohao and not fat.
    And as you can see, none of those have come to pass. There's a reason for that.

7+ Year Old Account
    When fan-art has way better proportions than official version.

Art by https://twitter.com/VladHarabagiu

1+ Year Old Account
    Where in the announcement would they have logically been able to say that?
    Maybe in the deep dive for the Dracthyr.
    I mean they talked about and showed how “oh wow you can have hair with two different colors”

As for upright Orcs, that came about because Thrall's model was upright, and people were wondering why they couldn't look like Thrall. That's a more solid ground to work off of, instead of saying that Dracthyr look "wimpy" or "ugly" or "soy".
    Dragons are known for being big and bulky with a lot of them having hard Anglesey
    People are wondering why we can’t look closer to dragons and instead of geckos with wings.

And as you can see, none of those have come to pass. There's a reason for that.
    The point was obviously to say there’s a clear want for more body types.
    Hince why a new race having customizable body types would be a big feature of said race… instead of “hey wow they can have hair with two different colors!”
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supertoster View Post
    Hey, I would have no problem with the Dracthyr looking like that as well. However, if they don't, I won't say the idea is terrible or bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe in the deep dive for the Dracthyr.
    I mean they talked about and showed how “oh wow you can have hair with two different colors”
    They also talked about loads of customizations available. Body size is more than likely included in that.

Dragons are known for being big and bulky with a lot of them having hard Anglesey.
    Not always;

The point was obviously to say there’s a clear want for more body types.
    Hince why a new race having customizable body types would be a big feature of said race… instead of “hey wow they can have hair with two different colors!”
    I'm sure there are wants, but Blizzard's lack of movement in that regard kind of shows their views on it; They're only willing to move on it if its part of their design goal.

The thing is, the design is probably in its final stages. Art assets like that don't require the level of testing that abilities and mechanics do, so it is highly doubtful that it is in an "Alpha stage". Blizzard more than likely settled on this appearance for the Dracthyr a very long time ago. When this was announced, a developer was in a discord cheering on someone who supported the slimmer design because it looks more like a caster should look, and Ion was talking in an interview about how the Dracthyr are spellcasters, not melee fighters. I really don't think Blizzard views the Dracthyr's appearance as negotiable.

Which they have already mentioned that they are doing. However, I highly doubt we're going to be seeing a huge difference in body size. By all accounts, Blizzard wants them to be slim and lanky, which is why they presented them to the players as slim and lanky.
    Female Worgen says hello, IIRC their appearance was revamped during Alpha or even Beta so it's not unprecedented (and the level of feedback on that particular topic suggests to me that it would be a mistake not to offer the option to satisfy that customerbase)

As to they being set on keeping them scrawny, ofc that's their right as developer. Just as it was their right to keep Azerite Armor as it was in 8.0, or Covenants locked like they were in 9.0 etc. But then they also own the backlash and potential sub-loss or people saying no thanks to the expansion due to a core feature being aesthetically jarring to them.

I'd say it's worth the dev time, especially since they don't have a lot of armor to adapt to the different physiques (shoulders are easy, as are belts. Tabards can literally just stretch)

They would have presented it during reveal and or on images with different customization options.

Cool stuff. A lot better than fuckshit soy Blizzard made.
    Hey, I would have no problem with the Dracthyr looking like that as well. However, if they don't, I won't say the idea is terrible or bad.

- - - Updated - - -

They also talked about loads of customizations available. Body size is more than likely included in that.

Not always;

I'm sure there are wants, but Blizzard's lack of movement in that regard kind of shows their views on it; They're only willing to move on it if its part of their design goal.
    That dragon is still a lot bulkier than Dracthyr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    Female Worgen says hello, IIRC their appearance was revamped during Alpha or even Beta so it's not unprecedented (and the level of feedback on that particular topic suggests to me that it would be a mistake not to offer the option to satisfy that customerbase)

As to they being set on keeping them scrawny, ofc that's their right as developer. Just as it was their right to keep Azerite Armor as it was in 8.0, or Covenants locked like they were in 9.0 etc. But then they also own the backlash and potential sub-loss or people saying no thanks to the expansion due to a core feature being aesthetically jarring to them.

I'd say it's worth the dev time, especially since they don't have a lot of armor to adapt to the different physiques (shoulders are easy, as are belts. Tabards can literally just stretch)
    Also BE were changed to be more muscular cause their reveal form was too wimpy.

1+ Year Old Account
    Not always;

Is that even a dragon from Warcraft?
    Which is what we’re obviously referring to.

Plus that is still way bulkier than a Dracthyr.
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    And female Worgen were changed once again because people disliked what they were changed into after the initial revamp.

And that's a temporary feature that tends to get changed over the course of an expansion regardless. Something like that is far different than changing the look of a race, which is a permanent feature.

You would, but that doesn't mean that Blizzard sees it that way. They could view a significant change like that as them bowing to pressure. BTW, I'm not talking about "Bulkiness", I'm talking about things they've already stated like Dracthyr being only open to one class, or what armor they can wear. Those that want bulkier models still have a chance, but the dev did say "slightly" bulky so I wouldn't expect the hulking behemoth that Supertoster posted.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, it is a dragon from WoW.

Plus that is still way bulkier than a Dracthyr.
    It's concept art for the Nightmare Dragons in Emerald Nightmare which, in-game, are still bulkier than the current iteration of drack'thyr

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, it is a dragon from WoW.
    No, it's concept art of a dragon in WoW. That dragon in-game is still bulkier than the current iteration of drackthyr.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    It's concept art for the Nightmare Dragons in Emerald Nightmare which, in-game, are still bulkier than the current iteration of drack'thyr

- - - Updated - - -

No, it's concept art of a dragon in WoW. That dragon in-game is still bulkier than the current iteration of drackthyr.
    Actually if you look in the other thread were people are moaning about Dracthyr @Hitei did some really good comparisons between the aspect dragon models and the new Dracthyr models and the Dracthyr models are actually already wider than the aspects.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Royru View Post
    Here I will show you both exactly what I'm talking about, check out the 'difference' in size here

Check out how much bigger the shoulders are in picture 1, check out how much bigger the face looks, check out how much bigger and taller the neck looks, doesn't that seem to be a similar difference to the picture you posted?

Well it's the exact same dragon just in different cycles of breathing.

I'm not suggesting that they are adding a way bigger option I'm just saying there is no evidence that we have even seen the bulkier option yet
    ngl I can't see the difference, it's also very zoomed in so harder to tell how the full model would look like.

- - - Updated - - -

This. I like this. I was gonna re-post the picture of the absolutely massive unit of a red dragon we had before, but it's way too wide while being normal in height. This one on the other hand actually looks good proportionally.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Royru View Post
    Here I will show you both exactly what I'm talking about, check out the 'difference' in size here

Check out how much bigger the shoulders are in picture 1, check out how much bigger the face looks, check out how much bigger and taller the neck looks, doesn't that seem to be a similar difference to the picture you posted?
    There is no difference here tbh, and no its not look like its "much bigger", at all.

3+ Year Old Account
    Obv. this is very ridiculous to suggest but I'm starting to think introducing two different Dracthyr types would be for the best. A more slender version akin to humans, and a beef-cake version akin to Tauren.
    This debate over having a more elegant and slender version of the dragonman, and introducing a beef-cake version of it seems just too unreasonable to all fit in one race type.

The people who are defending the current Dracthyr, as well as those that want us to wait for more information, do deserve to get this iteration of Dracthyr. And while that is all good for those that want a more beefy version I don't think having a muscle-definition slider will cut it for them, and therefore I think having two different Dracthyr races would prob. be the best way to do that.
    Last edited by Ghanir; 2022-05-09 at 05:40 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Except it being "broke" is nothing more than your opinion. Further it isn't "broken" simply because you don't like the way it looks.
    Except i never said the word "broke" or "broken" at all? you are arguing over a point i never made.

1+ Year Old Account

Way better. If only we had something actually like this.
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghanir View Post
    This. I like this. I was gonna re-post the picture of the absolutely massive unit of a red dragon we had before, but it's way too wide while being normal in height. This one on the other hand actually looks good proportionally.
    So since we're showing the males with huge chest muscles, are we going to have the female versions with dragon boobs?

I'm pretty sure Blizzard is trying to avoid that.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Except i never said the word "broke" or "broken" at all? you are arguing over a point i never made.
    You used the word "fix", which implies that something is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    More on topic, do we know when they're doing a deep dive on Dracthyr customization?
    It can't come soon enough.

5+ Year Old Account
    The semantics arguing that bloats post counts in these threads is so bad man. "Your feedback must be perfectly worded or its not valid, implied subjectivity doesn't exist."

Reminds me of high-school debate club.

More on topic, do we know when they're doing a deep dive on Dracthyr customization?
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.