Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    Sargeras may be gone, and the Legion in decline, but does that necessarily mean that demons are just gone and not a problem anymore/never going to be a problem again?
    Considering they were effectively enslaved? Unlike the Scourge where they just have to remind us that there are still plenty of evil necromancers to take over where the Lich King left off, Demons seem like they'd love to play nice from now on. While domination magic did, necromancy doesn't directly come from The Lich King or the Jailer, while Fel Magic is repeatedly described as coming directly from Sargeras. There's chaos magic, but that's pretty different from the powers Sargeras offered his followers. And there really isn't any demon lords anywhere near that powerful on their own.

There might be a new evil threat coming from demon kind but they would need another Titan-level patron to pose any kind of threat. It seems like Demons are now characterized as "alien refugees from the twisting nether."

Demon Hunters even seem to be pulling away from their identity as demon fighters, what with it seemed like they were trying to establish Tyrande as the new Demon Hunter Paragon, what with giving her Warglaves & she, like the Illidari, were someone who made a dark pact for power & have to now find a purpose after that vow has been resolved. In terms of characterization, post-burning-legion, Warlocks are essentially the "Conjurer" class & Demon Hunters are the "Bloodhunter / Edgelord / elven van helsing" class
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-05-10 at 03:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Warlock dranei lightforged??? Undead druid?
    Undead Druid work fine now that they have established the Kul Tirans being a reflection of the life/death cycle of nature as well as Ardenweald. Honestly, I would love Undead Druids to just use the Kul Tiran druid forms in different colors, honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lames: "Tauren no rouge!! Me angry at clippity-clop! No rouge go clip clop!"

Like, horse boots and skids are a thing guys. I've seen 'em. If your only hang up is that rogues can't be sneaky with hooves, like thats a problem with a pretty easy solution. Now the issue of draenei and tauren being large and sneaky? They already established in lore that rogue stealth is a magical effect, and evwn if it wasnt, it's not like huge ass tigers and stuff arent sneaky IRL.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    If true in the end then I hope it'll come with some cool and unique animations and graphics if nothing else.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Why not?
    They are not power hungry like Orcs were.

No, it's for gameplay reasons. The draenei officially joined the Alliance, helped in the BC, and disappeared. It also didn't help that Velen helped the Blood Elves, a race from the Horde, a lot. HH have NEVER joined the Alliance or the Horde.
    So, i guess we play unofficial races? By all means, by those standards, Draenei should have become neutral.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dem...n_introduction
    If Demon Hunters didn't join any faction, they would not have been sent to different capitals based on their race and would not have faction-specific quests.

I can't understand, are you having trouble reading what I write? I didn't say they couldn't PHYSICALLY, I said it was against THEIR CULTURE. That's why I asked you for an example, and not some random draenei who is also hostile.
    Physically, anyone can.
    It's the lore that is in question. Would a race blessed by the Light be able to wield Fel? We know Death wielders can. Would they be willing to accept fel users among them? We'll have to see. Even Kil'jaeden changed in the last minute.

You can invent any reason, it does not mean that it will be logical.
    I hope for a serious one. Not a quickly made one.

I look forward to my masochistic undead paladin using the light to hurt himself. Zelliek would be proud.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Now that Sargeras has been defeated, is a Lightforged Warlock any weirder than a Lightforged Mage?

Anything Demon Hunter needs more explanation. Why is anyone becoming a Demon Hunter when Demons aren't a problem anymore?
    That's an interesting point. Perhaps an introduction quest would be required so that people are not confused. I just can't seem to make a Druid out of Undead. I don't know if it's even possible.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    They are not power hungry like Orcs were.

So, i guess we play unofficial races? By all means, by those standards, Draenei should have become neutral.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dem...n_introduction
    If Demon Hunters didn't join any faction, they would not have been sent to different capitals based on their race and would not have faction-specific quests.

Physically, anyone can.
    It's the lore that is in question. Would a race blessed by the Light be able to wield Fel? We know Death wielders can. Would they be willing to accept fel users among them? We'll have to see. Even Kil'jaeden changed in the last minute.

I hope for a serious one. Not a quickly made one.
    Those who seek power usually become warlocks.

Should I repeat it again? Are you just not reading what I write? The Draenei officially joined the Alliance in BC. Demon Hunters have NEVER joined the Alliance, in the quest you are sent to offer your help to the Alliance and Horde and you find demons in the throne room. Unlike all other classes, Demon Hunters do not swear allegiance to Anduin or Sylvanas.

Then why are you even pointing this draenei to me if we're not arguing about physical ability?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Fel Magic is repeatedly described as coming directly from Sargeras. There's chaos magic, but that's pretty different from the powers Sargeras offered his followers.
    Wat wat wat

Those who seek power usually become warlocks.
    Also Mages.
    Power and knowledge.
    None of which Tauren seek.

Should I repeat it again? Are you just not reading what I write? The Draenei officially joined the Alliance in BC. Demon Hunters have NEVER joined the Alliance, in the quest you are sent to offer your help to the Alliance and Horde and you find demons in the throne room. Unlike all other classes, Demon Hunters do not swear allegiance to Anduin or Sylvanas.
    They don't need to?

Then why are you even pointing this draenei to me if we're not arguing about physical ability?
    To show you a Draenei using the Fel despite his race being blessed by a Light being.

Also Mages.
    Power and knowledge.
    None of which Tauren seek.

They don't need to?

To show you a Draenei using the Fel despite his race being blessed by a Light being.
    I'm glad we both agree that this decision is generally stupid.

Yes, they don't because their faction is Illidari and they are loyal to Illidan (and now they are loyal to the player). Everything else is for gameplay reasons.

I've already told you a million times that I don't argue with physical abilities. I said it's against their culture

I'm glad we both agree that this decision is generally stupid.
    Not if it exists in the RPG sources, naturally.

Yes, they don't because their faction is Illidari and they are loyal to Illidan (and now they are loyal to the player). Everything else is for gameplay reasons.
    If they're loyal to the player, they're not loyal to the factions?
    Illidan is MIA at this point, they have no one to follow.

I've already told you a million times that I don't argue with physical abilities. I said it's against their culture
    So it would seem. But, so was Shamanism.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Do me a favor... Go floy over the Black Temple in Outland. Specifically the south terraces. Tell me, what do you see? Night Elves and High Elves training a DHs. No Orcs, no Tauren, no Gnomes, no Humans, no Trolls, no Goblins, no Kul'Tirans, etc. Just elves.

If you haven't made a DH yet, let me break it down for you. An sorry for the spoilers...

Demon Hunters start out as the events of the Black Temple raid are taking place. Illidan sends them on their mission to Mardum to steal the Sargerite Keystone just as BT is being attacked. When the DHs return, Maive has just delivered the killing blow to Illidan and she in turn imprisons them as well.

So, in order for Blizzard to open it up, Illidan has to come back or another one like Altruis or Kayn need to pick up where Illidan left off and trained them.
    And all playable Death Knights were made by Arthas before the Ebon Blade rebelled at the start of WLK... untill Bolvar made more between BFA and SL.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkeywing View Post
    If anything the combos should be more restrictive for some classes as they lose a huge portion of their identity when it ''opens'' up to other races. Troll paladins are an offense to the lore. Taurens to a lesser extend, but if anyone can be a lightwhielding knight just from worshipping the sun then whats unique about being a paladin anymore?
    All of this is so some ppl can have their small dopamine moment of having their 8th alt be a new combo for a week or two before they stop caring. Anyone seeing many gnome hunters around? Major hype when it was announced of course, as always, but in practice I've yet to see one.

These changes may be popular short-term, but after ppl stop caring about it, as they always do, these changes will forever damage the core lore, roleplaying aspects of wow and by extension permanently damage the warcraft IP.
    One of my 8 hunter alts is actually a gnome.

Also, they should open up all races to be all classes down the line. More options are always good and actually, they make the classes lore even more unique as we would get stuff like Sunwalkers or Prelates but for other races which is quite awesome.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Not if it exists in the RPG sources, naturally.

So it would seem. But, so was Shamanism.
    Having something in an RPG doesn't make it any less dumb. In the RPG, Daelin had a half-elf daughter with his elf lover, and Metzen himself called this story strange. If she is abruptly brought back into canon now, it won't make her story any less dumb.

The player and DH have never joined factions unlike DK, you can only fight for them and participate in faction quests for gameplay reasons.

Absolutely wrong. The elements have never done so much harm to the draenei people, and shamanism itself is not inherently corrupting.

They say it also involves lore but it is 1000% based in art assets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Kayn Sunfury and/or Altruis the Sufferer are the nominal heads of the Illidari when the Slayer (the PC Demon Hunter) isn't in the equation.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Having something in an RPG doesn't make it any less dumb. In the RPG, Daelin had a half-elf daughter with his elf lover, and Metzen himself called this story strange. If she is abruptly brought back into canon now, it won't make her story any less dumb.
    Never knew it. Can you link the source?
    Well, it isn't out of the realm of possibility that they guy had an affair with an elf. Common thing among Humans.

The player and DH have never joined factions unlike DK, you can only fight for them and participate in faction quests for gameplay reasons.
    Sounds like being part of a faction.

Absolutely wrong. The elements have never done so much harm to the draenei people, and shamanism itself is not inherently corrupting.
    True. But, it was alien to them and got in the way of worshipping the Light.
    They accepted Death Knights.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Kayn Sunfury and/or Altruis the Sufferer are the nominal heads of the Illidari when the Slayer (the PC Demon Hunter) isn't in the equation.
    So are Thassarian and Koltira, Aysa and Ji.
    I'm asking if they're part of the factions or not. Because they sure as hell categorized as such.

Never knew it. Can you link the source?
    Well, it isn't out of the realm of possibility that they guy had an affair with an elf. Common thing among Humans.

Sounds like being part of a faction.

True. But, it was alien to them and got in the way of worshipping the Light.
    They accepted Death Knights.

So are Thassarian and Koltira, Aysa and Ji.
    I'm asking if they're part of the factions or not. Because they sure as hell categorized as such.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Finnall_Goldensword

A faction member who isn't even sworn in by the faction leader unlike all other classes? Also, it would be strange for the DH to swear allegiance to only one faction (to the one that the player has chosen)

The Death Knights had no choice. Warlocks become of their own volition and are usually done for the sake of power.

Gameplay restrictions. If you attacked Tyrande in the game, Malfurion would not help her. This does not mean that he is not a member of the Alliance or that he does not mind his wife being beaten.

Rumored to be.
    And there's nothing wrong with betrayal.
    People have been speculating about Calia's mate and child from the RPG sources.

A faction member who isn't even sworn in by the faction leader unlike all other classes? Also, it would be strange for the DH to swear allegiance to only one faction (to the one that the player has chosen)
    Why would it? Death Knights did.
    Dude. Do you realize that if they haven't been part of our factions you couldn't have played them? Why do you think Dracthyr choose side? It's a must.

The Death Knights had no choice. Warlocks become of their own volition and are usually done for the sake of power.
    And Demon Hunters did? Same case as with Death Knights, they had to fight a threat they are familair with, so they lent their help.

Gameplay restrictions. If you attacked Tyrande in the game, Malfurion would not help her. This does not mean that he is not a member of the Alliance or that he does not mind his wife being beaten.
    They didn't codify it. That's a game character. Not real-life figure.

Rumored to be.
    And there's nothing wrong with betrayal.
    People have been speculating about Calia's mate and child from the RPG sources.

Why would it? Death Knights did.
    Dude. Do you realize that if they haven't been part of our factions you couldn't have played them? Why do you think Dracthyr choose side? It's a must.

And Demon Hunters did? Same case as with Death Knights, they had to fight a threat they are familair with, so they lent their help.

They didn't codify it. That's a game character. Not real-life figure.
    Read below, it was practically confirmed (but billed as a rumor), but Metzen didn't like it.

Yes, the Death Knights officially joined the Alliance and Horde in their initial quests, they left the Scourge and defected to the Alliance and Horde, demon hunters never stopped being part of the Illidari.
    Dude, do you understand what gameplay reasons are? Blizzard couldn't just remove them from history after that. Once again, the Evokers wake up in peace and have no idea what's going on, the demon hunters were already part of the Illidari faction and never swore allegiance to the Alliance or the Horde.

Once again, the Death Knights had NO CHOICE. They were resurrected after their death. And we haven't seen the draenei Demon Hunters yet (Heartstone non-canon). And by the way, I don't know how well the draenei feel about Death Knights.

What?