Poll: What do you think?

Page 34 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    I'm saying that those screens weren't made at the exact same time. That's why wings are in different position. I'm saying we don't need to look only at screens because we have a video where it shows their breathing cycles.

You don't have a point that's the problem. Both dragons are inhaling in the video. Denial won't change that. Both bodies stretch during inhalation but their overall proportions don't change. Green one is more masculine and white one is more feminine.

1. White dragon's chest is smaller
    2. White dragon's shoulders are less portruding. Don't confuse shoulders with traps.
    3. White dragon's biceps are smaller
    4. White dragon's waist is smaller

No other person engages with nonsense you post but I'm kinder than most.
    All of your point are semi true, they LOOK smaller, they LOOK like they are protruding etc. But that's because they aren't breathing the same, I already proved it to you, I can lead you to the information but I can't learn it for you dumb dumb, that's something you'll have to work on yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    As a tank I make every effort not to fight in those spaces and pull back or forward as needed exactly so everyone (most importantly myself) gets an unobstructed field of view. The few times the game forces combat in narrow spaces it would either be in a dungeon (and the ranged can hang back in the entrance) or if it is in the raid it's almost always a situation where the raid is split and only a few people are in the crowded space. This is an issue that exists regardless of a single race
    The thing is that this class is mid-range, which means that it is between melee and far range (mages, hunters, warlocks, etc.). That can cause an issue for ranged players and healers.

- - - Updated - - -

Hovering is not flying.
    They can move around (quickly) while hovering. Hence, flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Royru View Post
    All of your point are semi true, they LOOK smaller, they LOOK like they are protruding etc. But that's because they aren't breathing the same, I already proved it to you, I can lead you to the information but I can't learn it for you dumb dumb, that's something you'll have to work on yourself.
    I repeat that breathing doesn't work like that in life and in WoW. The change is too dramatic. In the video we can see how green dragon's body stretches while he is inhaling. It doesn't makes him look nowhere near white dragon's body shape. Not even sucking in stomach would make him look like that. Not to mention breathing shouldn't change the shape of his biceps. You have proved nothing. Once again I suggest to listen to your own advice. It's pretty fucking bizzare m8.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Because not every race is the same? There are already a ton of races that are a mountain of muscles...we get it, you need to compensate for something with your in game avatars, doesn't mean the game needs it
    As many people have already pointed out most dragons, and the perspective of a dragon, in WoW do look muscle-y and imposing when they are in their dragon form/original form. And to request having the same feeling from the Dracthyr is very much within reason.
    If you feel the need to insult others during a discussion then you won't be taken seriously, and will be dismissed because of it.

I repeat that breathing doesn't work like that in life and in WoW. The change is too dramatic.

I have LITERALLY already proven that breathing is this dramatic. Stop going in circles, we have already disproven a ton of what you have said (well all of it now actually).

No more.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The thing is that this class is mid-range, which means that it is between melee and far range (mages, hunters, warlocks, etc.). That can cause an issue for ranged players and healers.

- - - Updated - - -

They can move around (quickly) while hovering. Hence, flying.
    Even if that's true I sitll don't see a problem. Healers don't need to click on player models.

- - - Updated - - -

I have LITERALLY already proven that breathing is this dramatic. Stop going in circles, we have already disproven a ton of what you have said (well all of it now actually).

No more.
    No. You have only showed that head and wings move during idle animation cycle. We? A ton? You haven't disproven anything actually.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    My general issue with some of the suggestions here are that they are coming from a position of general ignorance.

For example, the size issue; People want beefier looking Dracthyr. That’s fine if Dracthyr were the size of Night Elves or Worgen, but they’re actually seemingly taller than Tauren, and could very well be the tallest race in the game. You factor that height in with their wing span and tail length, and you have an extremely large and visually impressive character.

More than likely, a character that size isn’t going to be made bulkier, because a lot of bulk on a character that tall with a large wingspan is a rather large visual obstruction. When that is taken into consideration (along with the developer note that the race is more magical than physical), the slimmer frame makes more sense.

In short, we have slimmer dracthyr models for very good reasons design wise, not because the lead artist is trans as a few posters here alluded to.
    In order for the wings to be able to carry a character of that size their back muscles need to be very powerful, which would make more sense if their chest was beefier

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Why do you feel like they need to be changed? Finally Blizzard is adding something that's appealing to those of us who aren't heteronormative and the first thing people want to do is change it, why?? The entire rest of the game is already catered to you
    Dragons are big and imposing. People don't get that feeling from Dracthyr and therefore are requesting options to look big and imposing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    The models suck because they're not roided out is trash criticism...they suck because they aren't a mountain of muscles isn't legitimate critique. You just wanting everything to look the same, that is ridiculous
    Nobody, at least not me and many others, aren't requesting the removal of options to be more slender. Just more options to be beefier.

Even if that's true I sitll don't see a problem. Healers don't need to click on player models.

- - - Updated - - -

No. You have only showed that head and wings move during idle animation cycle. We? A ton? You haven't disproven anything actually.
    The fact that the purple dragons shoulders are smaller and that his chest doesn’t go up as high disproves it. Idk why you’re choosing to ignore this

The fact that the purple dragons shoulders are smaller and that his chest doesn’t go up as high disproves it. Idk why you’re choosing to ignore this
    During idle animation his body sways/stretches/straightens slightly and reveals more area. It can be better observed in 2 minutes and 55 seconds on the right side of the screen when they show visage form and greener dragon. You can count plates on purple dragon's neck.
    Last edited by Auburst; 2022-05-10 at 01:12 PM.

They look fine, you people are arguing about something that boils down to personal taste 'i don't like it so it must be bad'

Quote Originally Posted by Stormxraven View Post
    They look fine, you people are arguing about something that boils down to personal taste 'i don't like it so it must be bad'
    They look like soyshitfuckery and don't convey dragon race very well. It is bad. Worse than bad. It's like a kidney stone stuck in cock so piss comes out of ears.

During idle animation his body sways/stretches/straightens slightly and reveals more area. It can be better observed in 2 minutes and 55 seconds on the right side of the screen when they show visage form and greener dragon. You can count plates on purple dragon's neck.
    Yes it sways to reveal more area…. Because his body gets smaller. That’s how breathing in wow works. It’s very drastic. If it was realistic then the idle animation would be almost completely still because people don’t change their body that much IRL. But in wow when character breathe it shrinks and expands their bodies very drastically.

Notice how there isn’t ‘more area’ shown on the right hand side of your picture but it is on the left, it’s not because the dragon swayed to one side it’s because they are breathing dude lol.

And it’s almost like that ‘stretching’ makes them SEEM bigger huh? So you admit that now? I’m glad we are in agreement.

Yes it sways to reveal more area…. Because his body gets smaller. That’s how breathing in wow works. It’s very drastic. If it was realistic then the idle animation would be almost completely still because people don’t change their body that much IRL. But in wow when character breathe it shrinks and expands their bodies very drastically.

Notice how there isn’t ‘more area’ shown on the right hand side of your picture but it is on the left, it’s not because the dragon swayed to one side it’s because they are breathing dude lol.

And it’s almost like that ‘stretching’ makes them SEEM bigger huh? So you admit that now? I’m glad we are in agreement.
    Because his body straightens. It's not. Characters slightly sway in wow with the exception of trolls who really have a drastic idle animation.

It's because his wings move during idle animation.

It slightly makes make them look taller but it doesn't affect their body builds. I admit that both have slightly different body builds with green being more masculine and white being more feminine.

It slightly makes make them look taller but it doesn't affect their body builds.

Let me know if there is any point today where you decide to not be wrong about something.

Let me know if there is any point today where you decide to not be wrong about something.
    All of my points are right and thanks for proving them. Tip of the day: posture is not the same as body build.

All of my points are right and thanks for proving them. Tip of the day: posture is not the same as body build.
    You know what’s hilarious is that your tip agrees with literally everything I’ve been saying LOL

My proof: literal photos pointing out everything showing you why it appears bigger

Your proof:

All of my points are right
    Last edited by Royru; 2022-05-10 at 02:20 PM.

You know what’s hilarious is that your tip agrees with literally everything I’ve been saying LOL

My proof: literal photos pointing out everything showing you why it appears bigger
    Nope. Differences in bodies of green and white dracthyr go beyond body posture.

Misinterpreted photos. Idle animation wouldn't change model this much.

My proof wins.

Nope. Differences in bodies of green and white dracthyr go beyond body posture.

Misinterpreted photos. Idle animation wouldn't change model this much.

My proof wins.
    Yeah just like the panda picture, crazy how it’s model changed so much then huh?

Yeah just like the panda picture, crazy how it’s model changed so much then huh?
    Not that much if you observe the animation in model viewer. His postures gets better and his shoulders move higher but the overall body build remains the same. Good thing we got to see full idle cycle of Dracthyr and it shows two slightly different body builds.

Not that much if you observe the animation in model viewer. His postures gets better and his shoulders move higher but the overall body build remains the same. Good thing we got to see full idle cycle of Dracthyr and it shows two slightly different body builds.
    You saw the full cycle of both the green and white dragons combined in literally under a second? Woah show me that gif please