Poll: Do you like the Drac'thyr Evoker?

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    No, I don't like it. Because I see laziness in everything about it.
    New races should have a new animation rig. Dracthyr dragon form reuses old rig of male succubus / female nathrezim. Mortal form reuses male belf and female human rigs.
    New classes should have 3 specs to appeal to larger audience, not 2 specs because "being creative is hard".
    Dracthyr dragon model should wear player's armor, otherwise it is a glorified druid shapeshifting.
    The overall art direction of Dracthyr looks like one big pandering to furry audience, with all that colorful mess of design. Limiting new class to only this new race is kinda dumb, because it creates a strict connection between new gameplay and a very specific aesthetics.

Bonus:
    https://twitter.com/CanYouPetTheDog/...N4KyvJ-nv1WDzQ
    Every time I see something like that I remember that Blizzard is small indie company that cannot afford new animations, because they require a lot of resources.

Quote Originally Posted by tekaqua View Post
    They stated in interviews already there will be a slider for slim/bulk size but people jump to whining and crying before they can even read. Also they already said they would be revealing more customizations but again people jump to whining and crying before seeing everything.
    I think Au-burn has covered anything that I might have needed to say in response.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    What the blazes are you talking about? This is not about whining and crying, it's a discussion. People speaking out has always been and always will be a great motivator for business. If you have an issue with people discussing what they don't like about what they've seen of the new race-class then you are free to simply vote "Yes" and move on. Oh wait, you too have shared your opinion on the matter. How asinine.

- - - Updated - - -
    LOL it's hardly a discussion, it is a ton of whining and crying and people being overly negative. There's a positive way to express ones views, and a negative way. The majority of the comments are purely negative to be negative. Yes it is asinine to complain about what something looks like when we haven't even see all the details yet.
    People speaking out a great motivator for business... lol man that's some hardcore copium... more like people being toxic for the sake of being toxic and attention. Deff asinine.

I like the idea. Dislike the execution. It's lazy, it's boring and it's ugly.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP844 View Post
    I think Au-burn has covered anything that I might have needed to say in response.
    One picture before we have seen all customization options doesn't really tells us anything. Waiting to see an in depth look at customizations and then saying hey cool blizzard but the community would really like a bulkier form still thanks, seems like a much more positive way to communicate.

My 50 Cents:

+No dragon tits. Thank god. Would not make any sense.
    +Not an elve
    +Intersting new class which is NOT melee

-way to... furry with the wide hips. Why are the thighs so big? They can fly... there is no reason to have tighs as big as theri torso.
    -no transmog (this one actually completly kills the race for me)
    -unneeded visage form that are, again, elves so they can circumvent the transmog issue... so stupid and lazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    The real question for me will come down to how it plays & feels. What we know so far feels incomplete: do they only have the Elf Male/Human Female Visage forms or is that just what was ready for us at the time of the preview? How does the class feel to play in dungeons & raids, especially as a healer? Without transmog options in the draconic form, how in-depth do the customization options go? Can I actually feel unique or are most Dracthyr going to look similar in combat like Mechagnomes do currently?

For now, I love that it's a new class that's Ranged & Heals, and I think the idea of playing as a Dragon-like being sounds really cool. I do feel that they missed an opportunity to have an awesome Black Dragon tanking spec that could have had some extremely unique abilities.

The idea that Evokers are all Dracthyr makes sense based off of what we've seen from the abilities and I do understand the logic behind not having all player models as visage forms (then everyone asks for the customizations as well for their model & the art team is adding them to 46 generally different models), but I do suspect this will be a sore point throughout the expansion that they may want to consider rethinking. I'm not sure this would be worth the effort however.

The idea that all Dracthyr are only going to be Evokers makes sense in the lore, but given how Blizz already is talking about "we may add other classes later" I suspect they are already rethinking this decision...which makes me think they should perhaps just bite that bullet now & add in a couple of classes so long as it doesn't delay things too much. As I've thought about this more, the lore isn't that tough to make work...you'd just need to presume that a few of the experiments failed & weren't given all of the draconic abilities they'd need. Could even make for an interesting storyline in their culture: do the Dracthyr look down at those without the same abilities or do they accept them without question?

not having different bodies for female is nice as i think female worgen are creepy disney princess and human boobs, same as vulpera

but i hope we can make a dracthyr form closer to a dragonman with spikes and hard scales instead of this charmander in crack they showed.

the visages are ok i guess

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    The real question for me will come down to how it plays & feels. What we know so far feels incomplete: do they only have the Elf Male/Human Female Visage forms or is that just what was ready for us at the time of the preview?
    This is what we are goign tog et, unless they change it, it feels incomplete because it is a lame half-asset work, blizzard rule is less work for more profit

do all races as visages? too much work, cut it, make blood elves and humans? lets cut even more to make only one gender for each race and calla day.

How does the class feel to play in dungeons & raids, especially as a healer? Without transmog options in the draconic form, how in-depth do the customization options go? Can I actually feel unique or are most Dracthyr going to look similar in combat like Mechagnomes do currently?
    They will have some fancy horns, colors and maybe snouts, and thats it.

They are wasting their resources in scales and dual hair color for the visage forms.

The idea that Evokers are all Dracthyr makes sense based off of what we've seen from the abilities and I do understand the logic behind not having all player models as visage forms (then everyone asks for the customizations as well for their model & the art team is adding them to 46 generally different models),
    They would not need to do that, if they instead of wasting effort in customizations of the visage form, that isn't going to show up in combat, they had actually worked on the dragon form, to not be a glorified demon form from demon hunters.

A lot of people will not be happy to be forced to play this class to be that race, and not everyone will like to be forced to pick those visage forms, when you can see dragons turning into other races.

Like you said, yep, it would be way better to bite the bullet and change things now, and so everyone, or at least majoritiy can like it, as the last two expansions let people in a bad mood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    This is what we are goign tog et, unless they change it, it feels incomplete because it is a lame half-asset work, blizzard rule is less work for more profit

do all races as visages? too much work, cut it, make blood elves and humans? lets cut even more to make only one gender for each race and calla day.

-------

They will have some fancy horns, colors and maybe snouts, and thats it.

They are wasting their resources in scales and dual hair color for the visage forms.

-------

They would not need to do that, if they instead of wasting effort in customizations of the visage form, that isn't going to show up in combat, they had actually worked on the dragon form, to not be a glorified demon form from demon hunters.

A lot of people will not be happy to be forced to play this class to be that race, and not everyone will like to be forced to pick those visage forms, when you can see dragons turning into other races.

Like you said, yep, it would be way better to bite the bullet and change things now, and so everyone, or at least majoritiy can like it, as the last two expansions let people in a bad mood.
    I don't fully disagree here. I have to wonder if they at some point may look at revealing the horns & whatnot for the visage forms as a mistake. As is, they've already been announced & shown with those horns, scales, and dual hair colors. This does put them in a bit of a predicament as far as expanding visage models.

As much as there has been anger over not having every race available for visage, there has also been a lot of fan happiness & fan artwork showing excitement for the new race. If Blizz were to come out now & tell everyone "we're scrapping scales/horns/dual hair colors to allow for other visage races", there would be a lot of fans upset with that change given that it has already been announced. If they were to keep the models with the visage options open & just open it up to other races without those options, there would also be people upset that they couldn't have dual fur colors/scales for their Tauren visage...which eventually forces Blizz into doing that work as well.

What I see as a tricky piece here is the current internal push to have all classes open to all races. One has to think with this push that Dracthyr will need to have all classes open at some point as well as some way for other races to play Evokers. Probably the best way for this is the Visage options, though I definitely don't feel it's worth delaying the expansion for the likely months it would take to open this up. If we don't get this expansion until June 2023 due to the Dracthyr updates, I can't even imagine what the sub numbers would be going into the Microsoft acquisition.

Were I at Blizz, I'd probably try to open up a few classes & visage forms to the Dracthyr each patch, so you aren't pushing all that work out at once & forcing an incredibly long delay.

No. No one asked for it and the race is also really bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and I fully intend to play one come expansion launch.

I've "mained" a Holy Paladin since WotLK and I've tried to "main" other healing specs as time has gone on. Unfortunately, I always come back to Holy Paladin. Interested to give a brand new healing specialization a whirl, and since a dragon-theme will be the core of it, perhaps this will be the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dracthyr or evoker or both?

The class itself could be fun, with the different mechanics and how to charge. I'm just sad that they are trying pull the dh thing and say oooohhhh ummm 2 classes cause we didnt want to water anything down.... yea bullshit. You have 5 dragonflights to work with with power... use it.

Evokers only being dracthyr? Lore reason aside, we have seen people wield dragon magic in lore. All 5 aspects? No. But could that have been a given for others? Sure. What they shoulda done, was make the visage form quite a few races, and have them choose the class evoker... sorta like idk... death knights? But always fight in dragon form, cause that's their gimmick. Instead they went down the route of another elf and god aweful human female. (There is a reason jaina has her own model)

As for the drac'thyr themselves? I dislike what I've been shown. They look terrible in my eyes. When I think of dragons that players wanted, I instantly think of drakonids. Instead of the tried and true, they made up some garbo reason (cause its neltharion eye roll) and set to 10000 yrs ago... yea... if they wanted to give wings to the new race all they needed to say was there is a rare species of smaller drakonids that have wings.

But my main issue is their looks. I will say it as much as I please. I want bulkier both male and females, as they are scrawny a hell and look like they cant even lift themselves up. I want more defined traits between the two, because we have seen it all throughout all of warcraft. Hell, if you really want to, make the females bulkier in design and have the males stay scrawny. Then I can have an amazon finally

Finally there is the fact that dracthyr cant be any class but this and it cant even wear armor. You are making a dragon race that can only be a single class... that cant be melee? What if I want my dragon knight fantasy of being a warrior or paladin in melee? We've seen dragons be in melee, hell even drakonids are meant for that. And hell. Stop being lazy and out armor onto the fucking lizard. They only reason they arent is because it's less humanoid model and dont wish to model every single piece to them. But here. Give em worgen helmets, troll boots, rest seems very lengthy but the same as the rest of the humanoid. Just dont allow them to be able to wear backs (invisible cloaks)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    Dracthyr or evoker or both?

The class itself could be fun, with the different mechanics and how to charge. I'm just sad that they are trying pull the dh thing and say oooohhhh ummm 2 classes cause we didnt want to water anything down.... yea bullshit. You have 5 dragonflights to work with with power... use it.

Evokers only being dracthyr? Lore reason aside, we have seen people wield dragon magic in lore. All 5 aspects? No. But could that have been a given for others? Sure. What they shoulda done, was make the visage form quite a few races, and have them choose the class evoker... sorta like idk... death knights? But always fight in dragon form, cause that's their gimmick. Instead they went down the route of another elf and god aweful human female. (There is a reason jaina has her own model)

As for the drac'thyr themselves? I dislike what I've been shown. They look terrible in my eyes. When I think of dragons that players wanted, I instantly think of drakonids. Instead of the tried and true, they made up some garbo reason (cause its neltharion eye roll) and set to 10000 yrs ago... yea... if they wanted to give wings to the new race all they needed to say was there is a rare species of smaller drakonids that have wings.

But my main issue is their looks. I will say it as much as I please. I want bulkier both male and females, as they are scrawny a hell and look like they cant even lift themselves up. I want more defined traits between the two, because we have seen it all throughout all of warcraft. Hell, if you really want to, make the females bulkier in design and have the males stay scrawny. Then I can have an amazon finally

Finally there is the fact that dracthyr cant be any class but this and it cant even wear armor. You are making a dragon race that can only be a single class... that cant be melee? What if I want my dragon knight fantasy of being a warrior or paladin in melee? We've seen dragons be in melee, hell even drakonids are meant for that. And hell. Stop being lazy and out armor onto the fucking lizard. They only reason they arent is because it's less humanoid model and dont wish to model every single piece to them. But here. Give em worgen helmets, troll boots, rest seems very lengthy but the same as the rest of the humanoid. Just dont allow them to be able to wear backs (invisible cloaks)
    I totally agree, Blizzard should work for their money instead of being lazy. If you introduce a new race, you have to go all the way not this. Or allow us to stay in visage-form during combat.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalerEU View Post
    "I haaate EVERYTHIIINNNNNNNNNNG OMGGGG Blizzaaaardddd"

Surely that must be the ongoing trend now, as usual. But as soon as the expansion draws near, "Omggg, can't wait to roll my Dracthyr".
    Exaaactly xD

They spend months complaining about the expansion yet they are the first ones to level
    they can't be true to themselves, which is funny to watch

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    As much as there has been anger over not having every race available for visage, there has also been a lot of fan happiness & fan artwork showing excitement for the new race. If Blizz were to come out now & tell everyone "we're scrapping scales/horns/dual hair colors to allow for other visage races", there would be a lot of fans upset with that change given that it has already been announced. If they were to keep the models with the visage options open & just open it up to other races without those options, there would also be people upset that they couldn't have dual fur colors/scales for their Tauren visage...which eventually forces Blizz into doing that work as well.
    Most of the "happyness" comes from the "elf" side of the fanbase, that is already getting too much pamper from blizzard in the last decade.

They should, open the other races as visage forms, yes, even without the customizations, better have something than ahve nothing at all, and maybe eventually, gradually, do the other customizations, they have time and money for that,

What I see as a tricky piece here is the current internal push to have all classes open to all races. One has to think with this push that Dracthyr will need to have all classes open at some point as well as some way for other races to play Evokers. Probably the best way for this is the Visage options, though I definitely don't feel it's worth delaying the expansion for the likely months it would take to open this up. If we don't get this expansion until June 2023 due to the Dracthyr updates, I can't even imagine what the sub numbers would be going into the Microsoft acquisition
    This is most art/model work, it its not supposed to take this long, making other races have the painted scales should not take those many months, neither put the dracthyr to be able to be other classes, major problem is actually fixing the dragon model to use weapons and armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Haven't played it yet so can't make a judgment on it.

Most of the "happyness" comes from the "elf" side of the fanbase, that is already getting too much pamper from blizzard in the last decade.

They should, open the other races as visage forms, yes, even without the customizations, better have something than ahve nothing at all, and maybe eventually, gradually, do the other customizations, they have time and money for that,

This is most art/model work, it its not supposed to take this long, making other races have the painted scales should not take those many months, neither put the dracthyr to be able to be other classes, major problem is actually fixing the dragon model to use weapons and armor.
    Are you a game Developer? A model rig creator or Artist by chance?

Because honestly unless you are you are showing your lack of understanding of what is required to model an asset and rig it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    Are you a game Developer? A model rig creator or Artist by chance?

Because honestly unless you are you are showing your lack of understanding of what is required to model an asset and rig it.
    Are you? are you one of those? where is your credentials?

do you understand they create new textures and designs for each PATCH? they straight up made 4 allied races from Legion to be fully playable in bfa pre-patch, they even re-design the nightborne, cause they could not use armor, and you are saying to me they can't make other visage options or make the dragonform use weapons? come on now.

People need to stop acting like blizzard is a indie company.

Are you? are you one of those? where is your credentials?

do you understand they create new textures and designs for each PATCH? they straight up made 4 allied races from Legion to be fully playable in bfa pre-patch, they even re-design the nightborne, cause they could not use armor, and you are saying to me they can't make other visage options or make the dragonform use weapons? come on now.

People need to stop acting like blizzard is a indie company.
    I do actually dabble in abit of modelling and texturing to be honest but it's more private work, avatars for VR chat and so fourth so Yes I understand what goes into a model and the time it takes, but I don't do it for a living as I work on server side clients.

Now you didnt answer my question have you ever done any of the work yourself? If not just kindly stop pretending you do.