10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I think you combine the Dracthyrs with the Visage forms that will show armor and weapons, and they'll be fine. I really don't see a Mechagnome situation occurring here, because Dracthyrs have a class specially tailored just for them.

For example(s);
    --snip--

I think the animations and spell effects are going to make people not even care about seeing transmogs in combat. I don't care about transmogs in combat when I'm on my Druid for example.
    Sorry so late on the response, was in class last night.

As a Druid main, I do still tend to care about how my Druid looks, though part of that may be as I tend to go more towards Resto & Star form. I'm still going to be seeing that character's look during cutscenes as well as when I first log into the game. Especially that first log in, I get to see him surrounded by his home area wearing the gear he has earned in the tabard I've chosen for him for that particular expansion. I know the other forms will cover his look, but his base look is the one that really ties me to the character.

On a Dracthyr, that's a bit different. Their base look is one that I can update at the barber shop, but not one that shows what they have attained or the like. When I see my Dracthyr on the login screen, it will either be a dragon-like creature that was rendered through customization options & shows none of what they have worked towards or it will be a visage form that does show some of what I've done, but is in lore the disguise to who my character actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    All the more reason to cover it up with armour.
    It will be a clipping nightmare. I can see why they don’t do it (too much work), but it just adds to the feeling of them being lazy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I guess I shouldn't feed the troll, but Dracthyr don't need different bodies for males and females. Leave your gender norms at home please, we live in 2022.
    Men and women are inherently different and so are their bodies. We are talking about a fictional race here, yet it matters and has not much to do with gender norms, more with something like… biology. If dragons would not have a gender at all, it would be true what you said. But they do.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It will be a clipping nightmare. I can see why they don’t do it (too much work), but it just adds to the feeling of them being lazy.

- - - Updated - - -

Men and women are inherently different and so are their bodies. We are talking about a fictional race here, yet it matters and has not much to do with gender norms, more with something like… biology. If dragons would not have a gender at all, it would be true what you said. But they do.
    Not all animals have readily apparent sexual features. For all we know it could be as simple as only female dragons having the neck frills, or male dragons having a more prominent set of wings.

Consider for instance a cat or dog, and how it's close to impossible to tell what sex they are at a glance.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like they should just treat all the 3D detailing as "armour" in and of itself that is overridden when you wear something different. But I don't know anything about modeling, so that's probably its own headache.

Humans are an outlier on sexual dimorphism.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah and male and female dragons look the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    Seems like they should just treat all the 3D detailing as "armour" in and of itself that is overridden when you wear something different. But I don't know anything about modeling, so that's probably its own headache.
    It's frustrating because the Evoker tier set looks really cool but knowing I'll only be able to equip the shoulders and belt, thats a bit fucked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    It's frustrating because the Evoker tier set looks really cool but knowing I'll only be able to equip the shoulders and belt, thats a bit fucked.
    Excited for my Shaman in the future, that I always wear draconic sets on anyway.

But I should be able to represent my class as the sole race that can be said class. Without turning into an Elf-lite. Imagine if Worgen needed to go into human form to show off any gear other than their helmet and pants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Not all animals have readily apparent sexual features. For all we know it could be as simple as only female dragons having the neck frills, or male dragons having a more prominent set of wings.

Consider for instance a cat or dog, and how it's close to impossible to tell what sex they are at a glance.
    This discussion is getting weird(Not pointing fingers at you specifically). All I was saying the chest could be a bit more broad or slightly bigger. NOT MASSIVE that it turns into Azeroth Human muscle mass.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I don't know why anyone would be against a bigger range of customizations / body types for any playable race. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

It's already been said but male/female dragons look the same. Alexstraza, while in her true form, doesn't have breasts, nor any feminine-specific features. Neither do actual lizards. Males are usually larger but there's no obvious differences outside of that.

Dracthyr (based on current knowledge of what was shown) need work but a male/female form isn't something they need or should have.
    Last edited by tumbleweed010; 2022-05-10 at 04:26 PM.

There's a lot of mammals that still have a male & female but aren't dimorphic by sex. And reptiles even moreso. That's the whole conversation here. Dragons specifically in WoW, you can't tell the males from the females by looking at their dragon form.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I don't know why anyone would be against a bigger range of customizations / body types for any playable race. But hey, whatever floats your boat.
    Loads of customizations are one thing. Demanding that dragons suddenly have sexual dimorphism just because they are a player race is another.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Loads of customizations are one thing. Demanding that dragons suddenly have sexual dimorphism just because they are a player race is another.
    I never said it should be gender locked. But if someone wants to be a bulkier lady or man dragon they should be able too.

I never said it should be gender locked. But if someone wants to be a bulkier lady or man dragon they should be able too.
    It's still a bit of a regression when dragons have never been shown to possess apparent dimorphic qualities.

7+ Year Old Account
    "Someone wants x therefore he should have it" way of thinking unfortunately clashes with real life of game development and limited resources.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-05-10 at 05:08 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Right. They should also add fat nightborne, fat worgen and thinner male draenei than. Bet people would also like to play them, and all three would make more sense than a dimorphic dragon.
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-05-10 at 05:21 PM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    It seems there are quite a few posters like that here on this forum, sometimes I feel it would be better for their mental health if they just left WoW and found something that brings them joy.

All the hate and negativity is not healthy.

Agreed, personally I'm excited to see and learn more, also more information on giving dracthyr more class options would be welcomed.
    Hah I'm the other way around to the person you quoted; Very excited for Evoker but slightly miffed about the Dracthyr aesthetics. Enough for me to wish for 'better' (as subjective as that is) options but not enough to not try Evoker at least. I'm sure I can alleviate the wimpyness factor with some big bad shoulders etc if nothing else!

Why? Why should they be able to just because they want it?

That's not a good reason to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Right. They should also add fat nightborne, fat worgen and thinner male draenei than. Bet people would also like to play them, and all three would make more sense than a dimorphic dragon.
    Can't tell if you trying to be facetious but sure. If people want to play those things then sure, go ahead and add them.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    "Someone wants x therefore he should have it" way of thinking unfortunately clashes with real life of game development and limited resources.
    Understandable. However its still in development and TBD so people requesting it now is as a valid time as ever. Personally, I wish people would of spoke out more to fix male Night Elves when they updated the models in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Why? Why should they be able to just because they want it?

That's not a good reason to do anything.
    Because its literally a fantasy based, role playing game? Obviously there will always be technical and time-based limitations but saying that's not a good reason is just absurd and being contrarian for the sake of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because its literally a fantasy based, role playing game? Obviously there will always be technical and time-based limitations but saying that's not a good reason is just absurd and being contrarian for the sake of it.
    I don't think you get it. It is not a pen and paper RPG, where player can say he wants to play ogre and GM can accommodate easily. It is a video game, where if player says he wants to play an ogre, devs have to whip out a more or less new model, make sure all previous and current gear fits with it, give them animations, voice lines, racials, lore reason to join etc. And now imagine that multiple players want different races/customizations. This is not a D&D session, where the only real limiter is your imagination and game rules.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-05-10 at 05:57 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.