Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I don't think you get it. It is not a pen and paper RPG, where player can say he wants to play ogre and GM can accommodate easily. It is a video game, where if player says he wants to play an ogre, devs have to whip out a more or less new model, make sure all previous and current gear fits with it, give them animations, voice lines, racials, lore reason to join etc. And now imagine that multiple players want different races/customizations. This is not a D&D session, where the only real limiter is your imagination and game rules.
    I never said it was. However the quoted poster asked for the justification of why someone should be able to play as something. There is no justification needed because everything in the game is there so someone can fulfill a particular fantasy. Some are actualized and some are not. But telling someone they have no basis for desiring something is entirely absurd. Especially when the limitations as you pointed out as ultimately at the dev's discretion and no one else's.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It's still a bit of a regression when dragons have never been shown to possess apparent dimorphic qualities.
    Dragonspawn have been around since vanilla. As someone who spent weeks killing and skinning caster black dragonspawn in Burning Steppes to get my epic nightsaber I can tell you, those scaly ladies have big tits and a tiny waist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Right. They should also add fat nightborne, fat worgen and thinner male draenei than. Bet people would also like to play them, and all three would make more sense than a dimorphic dragon.
    Don't forget the anorexic taurens, panda and orcs

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Dragonspawn have been around since vanilla. As someone who spent weeks killing and skinning caster black dragonspawn in Burning Steppes to get my epic nightsaber I can tell you, those scaly ladies have big tits and a tiny waist.
    I thought Dragonspawn weren't actually dragon-related though and simply mortal races that evolved into dragonlike creatures from overexposure to dragons.

Or is that from the RPG?

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Because its literally a fantasy based, role playing game? Obviously there will always be technical and time-based limitations but saying that's not a good reason is just absurd and being contrarian for the sake of it.
    That still doesn't make it a good reason. Even in a homebrew D&D game the DM will not accomodate every stupid idea you have just because you want it. You're going to have to provide some better reasoning than simply "i want to".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Don't forget the anorexic taurens, panda and orcs
    I thought Pandas are actually thinn but have lots of floof?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I thought Dragonspawn weren't actually dragon-related though and simply mortal races that evolved into dragonlike creatures from overexposure to dragons.

Or is that from the RPG?
    I think that's still the rule in WarCraft.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That still doesn't make it a good reason. Even in a homebrew D&D game the DM will not accomodate every stupid idea you have just because you want it. You're going to have to provide some better reasoning than simply "i want to".
    Thankfully, you're not the arbiter of what's a stupid request or not. You can stop acting as such.

Untitled Dragonflight Prequel (World of Warcraft) Hardcover – 22 Nov. 2022

anybody confirm this from amazon de?

Or is that from the RPG?
    Probably from the RPG? I don't think we have much lore about Dragonkin outside some entries in the Dungeon Journal (which e.g. explain the Dragonmen)

Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post

It would make sense if we assume a late 2022 or early 2023 intended release

That link: https://www.amazon.de/Untitled-4212B.../dp/0399594213

Thankfully, you're not the arbiter of what's a stupid request or not. You can stop acting as such.
    Care to show exactly where i did? Because last i looked i wasn't even talking about whether any particular idea is good, but whether your reasoning to include it is sufficient.

7+ Year Old Account

Good find. Book releases can usually fluctuate, as we saw with the Sylvanas novel. Also the prequels usually come out around the time of the prepatch iirc.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

I never said it should be gender locked. But if someone wants to be a bulkier lady or man dragon they should be able too.
    That’s more than a little disingenuous. I think you know that, barring a few exceptions, the majority of the people that want the sexual dimorphism aren’t asking for it for progressive reasons. I would postulate quite the opposite.

The only thing Scaleface was wrong about was about the preorders opening up straight away, but looking at the source code, it does seem like that was intended.

And considering that, I still have hopes for a November release.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Probably from the RPG? I don't think we have much lore about Dragonkin outside some entries in the Dungeon Journal (which e.g. explain the Dragonmen)

Or is that from the RPG?
    It was said by metzen some years ago not related to the RPG so it should still be canon until we get some new info.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    It would make sense if we assume a late 2022 or early 2023 intended release
    Sylvanas book showed us that a book release date means absolutely nothing. They will delay it as many times as they need to line up with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Sylvanas book showed us that a book release date means absolutely nothing. They will delay it as many times as they need to line up with the game.
    I did say intended release

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Or maybe it is due to paper shortage that is recking up the industry?
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-05-10 at 08:19 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.