Poll: What do you think?

Page 40 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    There’s a big difference between 60% and 100%.

There’s also a big difference between melee and range.
    It's either a problem 60% of the time or 100% of the time in your case, the level of problem is the same.

Also being in melee would be so much worse than ranged, melee clump up on the boss' butt and have even less vision/space than ranged do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supertoster View Post
    It is called feedback.
    It's still wishful thinking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    It's either a problem 60% of the time or 100% of the time in your case, the level of problem is the same.
    Except 60% is optimum. Most players never come close to that. On the other hand, EVERY Dracthyr player will be at 100% uptime in that form.

Fact is - Dragonflight is still many months away and your all already complaining about content that is not even near complete and is still being worked on. Maybe wait till its done before it gets declared rubbish or game breaking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormxraven View Post
    Fact is - Dragonflight is still many months away and your all already complaining about content that is not even near complete and is still being worked on. Maybe wait till its done before it gets declared rubbish or game breaking.
    This is exactly a reason why people complain - because it is the best time to complain.
    Without complaining problems will not be solved. It is better to provide feedback when something is not complete yet, because when it will be complete it will be too late to complain.
    People should learn lessons of BfA and SL that early feedback is crucial and should not be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    The current iteration of the Dracthyr dragon form looks more like a generic lizard or snake rather than an actual dragon. The slender build, tiny head, and long neck give them a Jar Jar Binks kind of feel. They look goofy. And goofy is okay for some races (like Pandaren), but I think there's a fairly large disconnect here between the body types of the Dracthyr and the "I'm a badass dragon" faces they're pulling in the preview images.

My Suggestions

To fix this, I would apply the following changes.

1. Separate the race into two body types: Slender and Bulky.
    Note: Having a genderless race isn't inherently bad, but it means we lose out on additional body types. And more variety and options is always better when it comes to character customization!

2. Make their heads slightly larger and shorten their neck for the Slender build. This, in my opinion, makes them look a bit sturdier and more balanced.

3. For the Bulky build, widen their neck, chest, shoulders, and waist.

4. Let us equip armor in our draconic form! What's the point in adding a new race at all if the only genuinely new part—which is the dragon form—isn't able to equip any armor?

5. Finally, allow us to choose from more races than just Blood Elf Males and Human Females as our humanoid form! I think the new customization options have the potential to look amazing when applied to races like Orcs, Trolls, Gnomes, Night Elves, etc. Only Dracthyr can access the new Evoker race, so why limit our options to just the two you've chosen? Especially since as you said at the beginning of the presentation, dragons can transform into anything.

EDIT: Made a forum signature for those that want to support the cause of getting #BetterDracthyr.

Community Suggestions

"The Swole'thyr" by LittleLittleG on Reddit

Personally, I think this one is a bit too swole for my tastes, but as an additional body type, I see no reason not to include it if that's what people want.

Body Edit by LochTessArt on Twitter

Dracthyr proportions feedback by ThunderBrush on Twitter

Some amazing suggestions for a sturdier-looking Dracthyr. I don't fully agree with the end result, but they make some good points.

Face edits by kazekatt on Reddit

More humanoid forms by Futhark

I play at max zoom, I can barely see the changes made in your blown up drawings let alone in game where I am never looking at my character in anything but Armor, besides if IM making a dragon race its going to be a dragon all the time I could give 2 shits less about a non dragon form. Its like Worgen human form, why does it need to be a thing?

7+ Year Old Account
    Which does not matter. It is your own made up criteria. No body cares about it.
    Are you surprised? Given what he said to me, he's already implicitly agreed that:
    - The arbitrarily large model likely won't be a problem in the open world (world questing, resource gathering, etc.).
    - The arbitrarily large model likely won't be a problem on raid bosses due to having large, open boss arenas.
    - The arbitrarily large model likely won't be a problem on dungeon bosses due to having large, open boss arenas.

The only place he thinks there will be an issue is:
    - Sometimes, on trash areas between bosses, camera distance is restricted by hallways and sewers, and may make large models become obstructions some of the times.

What makes it even less of a problem is the fact that the "flying" he finds to be so problematic is really just a Cunning of Kil'jaeden-style movement ability which allows casting while moving for a short duration, meaning this will only occur once or twice a fight by a couple of people in a raid team. Even if we accepted that the model was "too big", which there no justification was given for not having bulkier models (other than the ever-loved Source: Trust Me Bro), the problem is relegated to such a small slice of the game that the problem in his mind isn't even relevant to people who actually raid or M+.
    Last edited by Magical Mudcrab; 2022-05-11 at 03:03 PM.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

3+ Year Old Account

The pic above is “slightly bulkier”? That’s what they want.
    This is troo, I personally want this option. I don't want it to replace what already exists, just the option to pick something similar to this.

- - - Updated - - -

Full armor and Dracthyr being other classes? I don't see that happening at all.
    Seeing as they were adamant that the Evoker is supposed to be an Int-class it would've been cool if they introduced 2 classes in 1 expansion. The backline dark/white mage as well as the frontline berserker/defender. Having another class meant for the Dracthyr would also give more arguments for the Dracthyr to have more model options.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Royru View Post
    Yes that’s exactly what I was asking for if you actually read the context of that conversation it was completely centered around us finding the “slight” buffness difference between the dragons…. Like why am I even having to explain this, you clearly had a brain fart and now you’re pushing your ignorance onto someone else lol.
    thats not a "brainfart" you just expressed yourself badly, and want to keep pushing this because when argument fails the oldest escape on the internet is attack someone else grammar, acting like you know much despite may only knowing one language

The guy gave me a picture showing a slight difference in size… I gave him a picture of the same dragon showing a slight difference in size…. Proving that the slight difference in size is coming from breathing. Period.
    that is what we call confirmation bias, your picture didn't prove anything, you can't prove the difference from the models was just breathing with your tiny biased evidence, that, rly didn't show anything relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    thats not a "brainfart" you just expressed yourself badly, and want to keep pushing this because when argument fails the oldest escape on the internet is attack someone else grammar, acting like you know much despite may only knowing one language.
    I’m not attacking anyones grammar just to attack someone’s grammar. You said I said something that I didn’t say. I explained to you how you must have mistaken a phrase for something else because you possibly don’t know hehe language that well. I’m sorry if that offended you but that’s how it is.

that is what we call confirmation bias, your picture didn't prove anything, you can't prove the difference from the models was just breathing with your tiny biased evidence, that, rly didn't show anything relevant.

Actually that’s exactly what it did. Like actually that’s what it did. And the burden of proof isn’t even on me either.

7+ Year Old Account
    Actually that’s exactly what it did. Like actually that’s what it did. And the burden of proof isn’t even on me either.
    You took a biased pic, of different breathing, with next to no difference, of the same model, and compared to two different models, with more difference than your pic, and you think you "proved" the difference is also because of breathing, despite your tiny sample not being able to prove anything.

Like i said, Confirmation bias.

This is exactly a reason why people complain - because it is the best time to complain.
    Without complaining problems will not be solved. It is better to provide feedback when something is not complete yet, because when it will be complete it will be too late to complain.
    People should learn lessons of BfA and SL that early feedback is crucial and should not be ignored.
    It isnt a problem, yet. Its not even close to finished its still very early days. right now its little more than cynicism no one knows how they will turn out yet not even blizzard

It's still wishful thinking.

- - - Updated - - -

Except 60% is optimum. Most players never come close to that. On the other hand, EVERY Dracthyr player will be at 100% uptime in that form.
    You seem to be missing the point and making a weird argument instead here. Why is it okay to have up to 60% uptime on that issue but any higher and it becomes a problem that restricts design? Where is this limit, 80%? 75? 60.5?

I haven't played SL Demon Hunter but in Legion and partially BFA having any lower than 60% and I would be a fairly bad player in a HC setting.

Also you seemed to forget answering on why being melee big form was somehow more manageable than ranged (even better if mid ranged as they wouldn't sit ontop of actual ranged)?

3+ Year Old Account
    It isnt a problem, yet. Its not even close to finished its still very early days. right now its little more than cynicism no one knows how they will turn out yet not even blizzard
    It actually is the best time to show our concern since it's feedback based on first impressions on what was showcased. First impressions are important, and highlights best what the community thinks.

It is also good if blizzard holds back a bit on making decisions based on this feedback, because taking in feedback and doing a 180 will almost assuredly also backfire.
    They should try and decipher what the community thinks and try to either change, or add to, what they've showcased in increments and not leaps.
    Last edited by Ghanir; 2022-05-11 at 10:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    You seem to be missing the point and making a weird argument instead here. Why is it okay to have up to 60% uptime on that issue but any higher and it becomes a problem that restricts design? Where is this limit, 80%? 75? 60.5?
    I'm curious how you're missing the point that during a 10-minute fight, something being a visual distraction for 10 minutes is worse than something being a visual distraction for 4-6 minutes. Further, that lesser visual distraction is only on one of the specs, whereas the other class that is a visual distraction the entire time is affecting both specs.

I haven't played SL Demon Hunter but in Legion and partially BFA having any lower than 60% and I would be a fairly bad player in a HC setting.

Also you seemed to forget answering on why being melee big form was somehow more manageable than ranged (even better if mid ranged as they wouldn't sit ontop of actual ranged)?
    Because you're not the melee big form the entire time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghanir View Post
    This is troo, I personally want this option. I don't want it to replace what already exists, just the option to pick something similar to this.
    I would be fine with that too. I simply don't think it's going to happen. I believe that concept goes against what Blizzard wants to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious how you're missing the point that during a 10-minute fight, something being a visual distraction for 10 minutes is worse than something being a visual distraction for 4-6 minutes. Further, that lesser visual distraction is only on one of the specs, whereas the other class that is a visual distraction the entire time is affecting both specs.
    Or maybe it is not a visual distraction at all. Has anyone ever complained about DH meta being a visual distraction at all? I don't think so.
    So it does not matter. The fact is simple: it is either playable or it is not playable. If it is playable, no matter how temporarily or permanently, it means that it fits the gameplay and does not create any distraction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or maybe it is not a visual distraction at all. Has anyone ever complained about DH meta being a visual distraction at all? I don't think so.
    You're comparing a cooldown to a permanent form.

So it does not matter. The fact is simple: it is either playable or it is not playable. If it is playable, no matter how temporarily or permanently, it means that it fits the gameplay and does not create any distraction.
    Like I said, we'll see soon enough. However, if the race remains on the slender side, the reasons I mentioned account for that decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    You took a biased pic, of different breathing, with next to no difference, of the same model, and compared to two different models, with more difference than your pic, and you think you "proved" the difference is also because of breathing, despite your tiny sample not being able to prove anything.

Like i said, Confirmation bias.
    I did prove it, I also analyzed and proved that the picture YOU guys were focusing on was showing one fully exhaling and the other fully inhaling.

I mean I truly don’t care if you aren’t convinced. I’m more interested in proof not convincing forum posters on mmochamp.

It was proven. Get over it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I did prove it, I also analyzed and proved that the picture YOU guys were focusing on was showing one fully exhaling and the other fully inhaling.

I mean I truly don’t care if you aren’t convinced. I’m more interested in proof not convincing forum posters on mmochamp.

It was proven. Get over it.
    Again, it was not proved, this is confirmation bias, if you think you did then its great, but anyone can se it proven anything.

Looks like people just want a gargoyle, so that they can complain later than its just a reskinned gargoyle

Looks like people just want a gargoyle, so that they can complain later than its just a reskinned gargoyle
    No I want a slightly bulkier drackthyr but I guess you guys want them with male draenei proportions so you can blame the people who only wanted them slightly beefier.