Page 81 of 98 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveDkp View Post
    snip.
    Why is it "unfair" when I say it won't last long since all you do every day is doing daily quests? Is that daily grind not the case?
    Do you believe players enjoy that and won't find it tedious to do after a while? I'd say that is a very fair point because in WoW I can advance without doing minor chores that a generic bot can do.
    I can say for certain that running Chaos Dungeon became old real quick and even Guardian Raids I've seen and done a 100 times+ do. And the Guardian Raids are already a "special" part of the game.

And you misunderstood the part of alts.
    I'm saying a single class doesn't have the longevity to carry you through hundred of hours in the next year to come as there is hardly an build diversity (if there even IS any, since some classes literally don't have a choice) that's why you are going to play 4+ and that means you are going to farm dailies on 4+ characters as well. Unless you want to be doing the "shitty" content even longer.

In WoW, I can at least pick different talents or use different legendaries or use a different covenant, or switch my whole role from support to DPS or Tank. Or melee to range, or just use different skills and playstyle due to spec-switchting.

And I don't know why you mention Rifts and Ghost ships for T1/T2.
    These are just additional dailies.
    The island are unique, but they only last for so long and certainly not for 2 years.

Have you done Hard Mode on those two Abyss Dungeons? There are a few different mechs for both Cicerra and Seth as well as for Mogoro and Albion.
    hardly worth a mention.
    The T1 and T2 dungeons had harder mechanic checks than the T3 one.
    Most of the time, you don't even encounter these mechanics in the first place because the boss just dies before it happens. This is even more true once you start going in there with 1400+ gear. Which you will do because it's one of the few things you actually do.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-05-10 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    That might be true, but at the same time, I heard that they were very unsatisfied with how T1 and T2 turned out to be and I thought they stepped up their "game" in T3.
    Bosses are designed better, yes. But I also thought they stepped up the content they delivered.

The T1/T2 content is pretty pathetic considering for how long it did "last" in the past.
    It's as if you play WoW daily to do 3 daily quests, a worldboss and 1 dungeon in a week. For 2 years.

I think the whole approach is wrong in terms of what you can do and *when* you can do content in this game.

I also have no idea why people felt "pressured" to reach enough itemlevel for the raid as well. (as in: why do they care)
    And that the answer was to delay content, instead of making it easier and faster to reach that content.
    It's not might be true, it is lol. Anyways, yes the koreans were not exactly happy with the game until lately with the hell modes and abrelshud. Because at that point, they then had way more content to do. People here keep crying for faster releases to catch up with korea but they're just going to keep being disappointed. They aren't exactly releasing content super fast over there either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FiveDkp View Post
    Have you done Hard Mode on those two Abyss Dungeons? There are a few different mechs for both Cicerra and Seth as well as for Mogoro and Albion.

For example, Cicerra does a Shadow Bomb and Whirlwind has a stun + insta kill. Also, the stagger lock is 3 instead of 5. Seth has a separate ball that will blow up if left unstaggered and the typing challenge mechanic is often used more.
    Nope this is all false. You probably just killed the boss in normal mode faster so you never saw it (or took longer to kill on hm). I've been doing it on alts and I see it on normal mode all the time. Tbh, I find it funny you mentioned these "differences" on hm cuz I never see them on hm cuz I kill it so fast.

Normal mode and hard mode has 0 mechanical differences.

- - - Updated - - -

Why is it "unfair" when I say it won't last long since all you do every day is doing daily quests?
    Really depends on what you'd consider a dead game. If it's not Wotlk levels of popularity is it dead to you? Even Tera Online lasted a fcking long ass time and it was the worst mmorpg in existence in terms of stale and never updated content.
    Last edited by blackpink; 2022-05-10 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpink View Post

Really depends on what you'd consider a dead game. If it's not Wotlk levels of popularity is it dead to you? Even Tera Online lasted a fcking long ass time and it was the worst mmorpg in existence in terms of stale and never updated content.
    Lost Ark is only truely dead when the servers shut down.
    But I don't think it was unclear what I meant:

Interest in the game plummeting to close to point 0.
    Just like your aforementioned TERA.

At some point it's a downward spiral and people leaving lead to even more people leaving, even if they don't know each other.
    Not to mention the (item-shop)policy changes alongside it to keep it afloat.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-05-11 at 05:53 AM.

Lost Ark is only truely dead when the servers shut down.
    But I don't think it was unclear what I meant:

Interest in the game plummeting to close to point 0.
    Just like your aforementioned TERA.

At some point it's a downward spiral and people leaving lead to even more people leaving, even if they don't know each other.
    Not to mention the (item-shop)policy changes alongside it to keep it afloat.
    Yea Tera was an extreme example of pretty much dead game but still running. There are plenty of games that stick around though even if they don't have high population. I don't see Lost Ark being any different. That being said, what would kill it is if they don't fix this bot issue, and scaling stuff that would be an issue if the population goes down a lot. Stuff like not enough content or not fast enough releases isn't going to be an issue.

I have this game installed since feb, never launched, reading all the stuff here doesn't make me want to
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    I have this game installed since feb, never launched, reading all the stuff here doesn't make me want to
    Happy people do not take time to write about what they enjoy. I play 70+ hours a week since launch, way over 1k, and I enjoy every bit of it. Will it last forever? Most likely nope, but so far I love my time in it. Not perfect, nothing is, but I have a blast. Game is free, you lose nothing to try it, or not, you do you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    Happy people do not take time to write about what they enjoy. I play 70+ hours a week since launch, way over 1k, and I enjoy every bit of it. Will it last forever? Most likely nope, but so far I love my time in it. Not perfect, nothing is, but I have a blast. Game is free, you lose nothing to try it, or not, you do you.
    Hm, week only got 168h. Thats not really healthy i think.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post

The game definitely has problems but forums always make things seem 1000000% worse than they actually are.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Hm, week only got 168h. Thats not really healthy i think.
    Good thing you aren't me

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    The game definitely has problems but forums always make things seem 1000000% worse than they actually are.
    Completely agree

So I lost power and when I got back in I lost my lockout for aira oculus hm. Went to support and they said they can't do anything about it because it was not their fault. Keep that up and the game will lose players. What the fuck is that nonsense? Why should I lose my lockout for something completely out of my control. I had an issue with this before too with a Chaos Dungeon (solo) where I got d/c and when i came back in it failed cuz the timer runs in the background for w/e fcking reason and ofc lost an aura. Not sure who thought that was a good idea.

So I lost power and when I got back in I lost my lockout for aira oculus hm. Went to support and they said they can't do anything about it because it was not their fault. Keep that up and the game will lose players. What the fuck is that nonsense? Why should I lose my lockout for something completely out of my control. I had an issue with this before too with a Chaos Dungeon (solo) where I got d/c and when i came back in it failed cuz the timer runs in the background for w/e fcking reason and ofc lost an aura. Not sure who thought that was a good idea.
    Not sure if that's intentional. While frustrating, I could see why they'd implement stuff like that, though - to prevent possible exploits linked to the ID by just disconnecting. And, all this is repeatable stuff, so you can just do it next day / week again.

What I find much more frustrating, which happened to me yesterday, is the power pass. I wanted to check out another class, so I used the Feiton pass to get my paladin up. Logged back onto my main, only to find that two questlines I was doing were not giving any follow-up. After some research online, turns out that (without warning ingame) the pass doesn't just bring your char up to the level and to the main quest. No, it also completes all roster quests up to this point. Which means you cannot do them anymore on the main, cannot experience the story ingame anymore, no ID that resets so you could do them next week, and you 're locked out from any possible rewards of these quests, even if they're unique (e.g. I found conflicting information if you get all the courage, charisma, ... points from them or not). Exception to the latter seems to be the awakening, the skill point potion and the island soul.

Seems many people were complaining about this, and one got an answer from support: The only way to do these quests now is to start on a new server and level up all the way again till you're there... It's like reading a book, and halfway through the next 50 pages just vanish because you bought another book in the meantime, and they'll only reappear once you read again the first half. :/
    Last edited by Frostfred; 2022-05-12 at 01:44 PM.

Good thing you aren't me
    Still can be worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfred View Post
    Not sure if that's intentional. While frustrating, I could see why they'd implement stuff like that, though - to prevent possible exploits linked to the ID by just disconnecting. And, all this is repeatable stuff, so you can just do it next day / week again.
    Yea it is tricky but the thing is, they should have access to any info they need and I lost power before we even got to the 1st boss. So it should be fairly obvious it was not intentional.

Where it would be tricky is if I "d/ced" after a lot of wipes though, that would really suck. However, most, if not all, rage quitters show hints about it in the chat. I've never seen any who just log off without saying anything or attempting to end the dungeon first.

Also as for chaos dungeons, why would anyone just intentionally d/c while playing solo
    Last edited by blackpink; 2022-05-12 at 11:55 PM.

Also as for chaos dungeons, why would anyone just intentionally d/c while playing solo
    If you don't get a gold or purple portal after the boss, that would be a good timing to dc and reset. Also, all the loot would have to be in a "cloud inventory", which if you do not complete or leave, you do not receive. But yeah, the portal proc would be the biggest point i guess

If you don't get a gold or purple portal after the boss, that would be a good timing to dc and reset. Also, all the loot would have to be in a "cloud inventory", which if you do not complete or leave, you do not receive. But yeah, the portal proc would be the biggest point i guess
    you lose your 50 essence upon joining, so intentionally disconnecting wont return that.
    the only thing you'd save is a little time perhaps - tho with as long as it takes for the game to boot up, that isnt really even worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    you lose your 50 essence upon joining, so intentionally disconnecting wont return that.
    the only thing you'd save is a little time perhaps - tho with as long as it takes for the game to boot up, that isnt really even worth it.
    I know that, that was not the discussion. The person I'm responding to asked why someone would "dc" voluntary from a chaos dungeon, if there was a smart mechanism that would prevent you to lose that essence when stuff like this happens (losing power)

Gold river is stepping down due to poor health, apparently trained his replacement personally. KR players aren't taking it well.

That's a good point but also fucking sad. People have to suffer because of a few losers who would resort to such things. SMH. It's a low chance to get those portals, people really gunna reset just to try to get it lol (i know they will).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Gold river is stepping down due to poor health, apparently trained his replacement personally. KR players aren't taking it well.
    Why would they? I think the guy has done an excellent job and typically when there's change in management it doesn't end well.

Yea it is tricky but the thing is, they should have access to any info they need and I lost power before we even got to the 1st boss. So it should be fairly obvious it was not intentional.

Where it would be tricky is if I "d/ced" after a lot of wipes though, that would really suck. However, most, if not all, rage quitters show hints about it in the chat. I've never seen any who just log off without saying anything or attempting to end the dungeon first.

This is just a text book case of entitlement, its not the companies fault you lost power and lost out on a small portion of materials, bad things happen in life and you cant expect to be compensated for everything.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen