Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I want to race change my night elf druid but... shadowmeld is so hard to give up >_> but on horde yea... it'll be 60% blood elves instead of 30% once all classes are available to them. I don't think it will be as lopsided towards any one race on alliance though. Humans, night elves, draenei, and void elves are all popular choices currently, and I don't expect any of them to skyrocket past all the others because of all classes being available.
    I would love to be Draenei or Pandaren Druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I would love to be Draenei or Pandaren Druid.
    I'd bet that druids are the last class to be universalized, if even. The extra work for race-specific druid forms is immense. It wouldn't surprise me if they decide on a cop-out, give us 1-3 extra races and just go "guys the other ones just don't make sense" for the rest because it's too expensive to create that many new assets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I'd bet that druids are the last class to be universalized, if even. The extra work for race-specific druid forms is immense. It wouldn't surprise me if they decide on a cop-out, give us 1-3 extra races and just go "guys the other ones just don't make sense" for the rest because it's too expensive to create that many new assets.
    Yeah. It is more likely that other races get Evoker with Demon Hunter wings than for Druid to be mass adopted to more races.

7+ Year Old Account
    Orc pala sounds wierd but tbh why not? I wish to see undead paladin or druid like rotten bear or smth :P Pandaren druid, Nightborne druid as well. I like the druid but tired of tauren and dont like trolls :P
    Last edited by czarek; 2022-05-11 at 11:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Yet, they divide based on their race. I wonder why.
    Mostly down to gameplay reasons.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    So one of the new interviews announced that they plan to eventually roll out all races to all classes, but they'll be doing it gradually to make art assets and lore for the combos that don't make sense yet.

But the current plan is for all races to have access to Mages, Priests, and Rogues in 10.0

What do you think will be the lore impact from this broadening of options?

So basically they just plan to make taurens, orc and dranei have more class options?

1. All alliance races can be Priests
    2. All but HM and OG Orc can be Priests on Horde

1. All alliance races can be rogues except Draenei
    2. All horde races can be rogue except HM and OG Tauren

1. All alliance AND horde races can be Mages except HM and OG Tauren

So really we're just making Tauren more accessible - approved

So, if Metzen didn't like it it's stupid?
    I still don't get what's wrong with that. Adds some complexities to his character.

You know you can be part of both a faction and an organization. Death Knights never left the Ebon Blade when they joined the factions. One does not come at the expense of the other.

How do you think they feel about them? Probably disgusted and reviled.

You expect Malfurion to react like he's some kind of a real-life figure. The devs didn't put in a defense reaction to his character. That's it.

Yet, they divide based on their race. I wonder why.
    This is basically stupid, because Daelin was written as an exemplary family man.

Yes, only Demon Hunters have NEVER officially joined the Alliance or Horde.

Then why do you think that they will accept warlocks, which, unlike the DK, deliberately chose this path

Have you finally begun to understand what gameplay reasons are?

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Mostly down to gameplay reasons.
    Just like Evokers? Death Knights? Pandaren?
    Because fighting against a Burning Legion threat doesn't require you to divide.

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    This is basically stupid, because Daelin was written as an exemplary family man.
    He was? Because many cases of good husbands and fathers turn out to be cheaters.

Yes, only Demon Hunters have NEVER officially joined the Alliance or Horde.
    Weird... then, all faction restrictions become meanignless.

Then why do you think that they will accept warlocks, which, unlike the DK, deliberately chose this path
    Why did anyone accept them? They are tolerated but not truly accepted into society as they are a valuable but dangerous asset.

Have you finally begun to understand what gameplay reasons are?
    I know what gameplay reasons are. It doesn't make sense lore-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Lightforged should have been Reformed Man'ari Eredar from the start. With customization options that reflect that. Crazy how we got Lightforged Dreadlords and a glimpse at a Lightforged Illidan but we miss the chance to see the result of Lightforged Eredar.
    Hold the fuck on. This is genius!! Holy shit!!!

It would have been such a cooler backstory for them. Redeemed Eredar, either by their own will, or forcefully. Just imagine the eredar fel skin markings but filled with light?!? Amazing.

He was? Because many cases of good husbands and fathers turn out to be cheaters.

Weird... then, all faction restrictions become meanignless.

Why did anyone accept them? They are tolerated but not truly accepted into society as they are a valuable but dangerous asset.

I know what gameplay reasons are. It doesn't make sense lore-wise.
    During the war with the Legion, mainly class halls participated. And they didn't have to officially join the Alliance and the Horde. The Death Knights and Pandaren have officially joined the factions, and the Ewokers will do the same. I've told you this 5 times already, you really don't understand?

Condolences if you think so

It's called gameplay reasons

Yeah, and DK didn't choose to be that way and can't just stop being that way. Warlocks are much worse and the Draenei have a much worse history with Fel than with Death or even the Void.

Like so many other things

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    But the factional gameplay mechanism baked deep into the roots of WoW does. There are no truly neutral playable options - you either choose a faction, or you select a race that is automatically part of a given faction.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

But the factional gameplay mechanism baked deep into the roots of WoW does. There are no truly neutral playable options - you either choose a faction, or you select a race that is automatically part of a given faction.
    This, by the way, looks very stupid after the Legion, where we were the leaders of our factions. For example, for the Lord of Death or the leader of the paladins, it makes no sense to follow the orders of Sylvanas or Anduin in Bfa, because in fact he is equal to them in rank, since he is the leader of his faction, not to mention the fact that this faction is neutral and it makes no sense for the leader of this faction to kill DK or paladins from the Alliance or Horde simply because Anduin or Sylvanas ordered him to

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This, by the way, looks very stupid after the Legion, where we were the leaders of our factions. For example, for the Lord of Death or the leader of the paladins, it makes no sense to follow the orders of Sylvanas or Anduin in Bfa, because in fact he is equal to them in rank, since he is the leader of his faction, not to mention the fact that this faction is neutral and it makes no sense for the leader of this faction to kill DK or paladins from the Alliance or Horde simply because Anduin or Sylvanas ordered him to
    I'm not really arguing whether the faction game system is worthwhile or makes sense in light of the game's current plot - but it is still very present, and binding to all players.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    So one of the new interviews announced that they plan to eventually roll out all races to all classes, but they'll be doing it gradually to make art assets and lore for the combos that don't make sense yet.

But the current plan is for all races to have access to Mages, Priests, and Rogues in 10.0

What do you think will be the lore impact from this broadening of options?
    My opinion is, if you as a player want any race to be any class, you forfeit any right to throw a tantrum over the lore they have to make up to explain why race A can be class B.

So if Blizzard really want any race to be any class they should just enable it, since there is no way they can win, if they allow it some players will throw a tantrum, if they dont allow it some other players will throw a tantrum, so they should just do what they want to do, and let those that want to have a tantrum, have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Oh, you mean story and lore shouldn't matter at all?
    Lore and story moves on like time.

Curses weaken over time.
    Cultures change over time.
    Weaknesses become less crippling over time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    That's an interesting point. Perhaps an introduction quest would be required so that people are not confused. I just can't seem to make a Druid out of Undead. I don't know if it's even possible.
    Drust.

/10char

During the war with the Legion, mainly class halls participated. And they didn't have to officially join the Alliance and the Horde. The Death Knights and Pandaren have officially joined the factions, and the Ewokers will do the same. I've told you this 5 times already, you really don't understand?
    They could have fought as neutral NPCs if they're still part of the Illidari and not the factions.

Condolences if you think so
    Reality check, dude. Take one.

It's called gameplay reasons
    Again, they could have remained neutral NPCs. They didn't even need to add the Demon Hunter class if that was the case.

Yeah, and DK didn't choose to be that way and can't just stop being that way. Warlocks are much worse and the Draenei have a much worse history with Fel than with Death or even the Void.
    So do Nightborne? Orcs?

Like so many other things
    Then, by all means, let them leave us. But, that wouldn't happen, would it?

Like Pandaren until they turn level 10?

Quote Originally Posted by Dzonathan View Post
    Lore and story moves on like time.

Curses weaken over time.
    Cultures change over time.
    Weaknesses become less crippling over time.

- - - Updated - - -

Drust.

/10char
    Different Death magic.
    Drust aren't about rot and decay, they are about spooky ghost stuff and witchcraft.

They could have fought as neutral NPCs if they're still part of the Illidari and not the factions.

Reality check, dude. Take one.

Again, they could have remained neutral NPCs. They didn't even need to add the Demon Hunter class if that was the case.

So do Nightborne? Orcs?

Then, by all means, let them leave us. But, that wouldn't happen, would it?

Like Pandaren until they turn level 10?

Who are they? No Demon Hunter in the game other than your character is part of the Alliance or Horde

Yes, yes, as you say

How can players be allowed to play as DH without adding DH? And how could a DH player be a neutral NPC?

I highly doubt their history is worse, and I've already pointed out that draenei culture doesn't approve of that. They are too devoted to the Light.

What?

Pandarens are limited solely by their location until they choose faction, this will not work with demon hunters

If {all races => all classes} then {racials => removed}

Otherwise you're basically going to see Orc dominance in all aspects of PvP an no other class would ever be taken ever.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    If {all races => all classes} then {racials => removed}

Otherwise you're basically going to see Orc dominance in all aspects of PvP an no other class would ever be taken ever.
    Vast majority of wow playerbase does not care nor engage in pvp. Why do you think they made War Mode and took away PvP only servers?

They're not making class availability decisions based on PvP. They're doing it because class + race restriction in this day and age is super outdated and confining instead of something "meaningful".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    My opinion is, if you as a player want any race to be any class, you forfeit any right to throw a tantrum over the lore they have to make up to explain why race A can be class B.

So if Blizzard really want any race to be any class they should just enable it, since there is no way they can win, if they allow it some players will throw a tantrum, if they dont allow it some other players will throw a tantrum, so they should just do what they want to do, and let those that want to have a tantrum, have it.
    There's a certain sect of WoW players (probably most likely they're long time players who 'miss the good ol' days) that hate/dislike any changes done to modernize the game for today's world. I'm glad the WoW team is finally realizing it (or maybe it took such a hit of players leaving whichever) and not taking into stock really those tantrums.

It's just like when they opened up customizations for all the races, majority absolutely loved it, same thing for creating transmog, vast majority enjoys it (despite even the creator hating it because 'it makes armor looks meaningless'). Vast majority of playerbase obviously enjoy being able to customize their own character(s) in as many ways as possible. Who could've guessed this?

There's so much dumb stuff in WoW that was kept that way 'because of tradition' when it really didn't matter much at all the greater playerbase. It's nice to see them finally doing things for the majority of the playerbase rather than whoever these sects of static game state players are.

Quote Originally Posted by Otimus View Post
    People who use lore as a reason to restrict some classes get on my damn nerves. Like because it's uncommon or ultra rare for a race to be a thing, no one can be one. It's obliterating player agency in favor of appearances which in most cases (I get it in some, even if I don't agree) is just stupid. Like... There's no good reason most every race couldn't be a paladin. "This race doesn't usually care for the light, so you can't make one that does!". Do you realize how silly that is? Like... It doesn't even make sense from a lore perspective usually to be like that. If it weren't a videogame that'd be racist as hell lol
    My favorite is "Draenei could never be warlocks, they hate them!" implying that humans and orcs are totally fine with locks, where you have to go into the shadiest area/basement of their respective cities to find the trainer