Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Vast majority of wow playerbase does not care nor engage in pvp. Why do you think they made War Mode and took away PvP only servers?

They're not making class availability decisions based on PvP. They're doing it because class + race restriction in this day and age is super outdated and confining instead of something "meaningful".

- - - Updated - - -

There's a certain sect of WoW players (probably most likely they're long time players who 'miss the good ol' days) that hate/dislike any changes done to modernize the game for today's world. I'm glad the WoW team is finally realizing it (or maybe it took such a hit of players leaving whichever) and not taking into stock really those tantrums.

It's just like when they opened up customizations for all the races, majority absolutely loved it, same thing for creating transmog, vast majority enjoys it (despite even the creator hating it because 'it makes armor looks meaningless'). Vast majority of playerbase obviously enjoy being able to customize their own character(s) in as many ways as possible. Who could've guessed this?

There's so much dumb stuff in WoW that was kept that way 'because of tradition' when it really didn't matter much at all the greater playerbase. It's nice to see them finally doing things for the majority of the playerbase rather than whoever these sects of static game state players are.
    I suggest abolishing factions. Who needs it? I want to be a night elf for the Horde, I want to burn another world tree! What? Lore? I don't care about lore, I pay for this game, I'm a player, I'm the most important being in the universe!!!

Something like this sounds to me those who say that Blizz should do everything for the sake of the players and their individuality

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    If {all races => all classes} then {racials => removed}

Otherwise you're basically going to see Orc dominance in all aspects of PvP an no other class would ever be taken ever.
    Yeah, arguably Humans too on Alliance.

Orcs and Humans have the best PvP racials, keeping that "pillars of the franchise" motto alive and well, part of why I wish racials didn't work in instanced places.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    I suggest abolishing factions. Who needs it? I want to be a night elf for the Horde, I want to burn another world tree! What? Lore? I don't care about lore, I pay for this game, I'm a player, I'm the most important being in the universe!!!

Something like this sounds to me those who say that Blizz should do everything for the sake of the players and their individuality
    The lore is pretty crap now and it's obvious they're just making things up as they go without coherence to previously established lore, I think it's silly to feel invested in it at this point (and I say that as someone that was invested in WoW lore, books included, up until mid-way Shadowlands (yeah took me that long to realize)).

Lore also at this point shouldn't impact gameplay. Your playable character isn't confined to the usual joe of their race, you do stuff as a night elf/orc all the other peons can't do.

They're already starting cross-factions slowly and the WoW team give the same reasons players who have been wanting cross-faction play have been saying for years previously: the factions have been teaming up together for the true big bads for many years now. This isn't new information, this is simply the WoW team showing what's been said for years already has and is true, they're just finally acknowledging it.

It's not about being 'most important' (which is a weird argument anyway because the devs and game make your character into someone special/important anyway), it's opening up more diversity without being beholden to archaic/out-dated game design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Like Pandaren until they turn level 10?
    Theoretically, a Pandaren can get to max-level in a neutral state, but the game is mostly broken for them and largely unplayable. So yes, the point basically stands - and Pandaren are meant to select a faction at the pre-determined point.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Theoretically, a Pandaren can get to max-level in a neutral state
    Actually one guy did it

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Actually one guy did it
    Doubleagent, yeah. That must've been a hell of a slog.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Vast majority of wow playerbase does not care nor engage in pvp. Why do you think they made War Mode and took away PvP only servers?

Don't say that too loud or THEY'LL show up again
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Who are they? No Demon Hunter in the game other than your character is part of the Alliance or Horde
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_demon_hunters

Yes, yes, as you say
    You think in storytelling everything is supposed to be perfect and harmonious? That would have added another interesting layer to Daelin Proudmoore's character. I'm, for once, all for it.

How can players be allowed to play as DH without adding DH? And how could a DH player be a neutral NPC?
    Don't let us play as Demon Hunters? If they didn't join the factions, there's no reason for them to be playable.
    I was talking about Demon Hunter NPCs.

I highly doubt their history is worse, and I've already pointed out that draenei culture doesn't approve of that. They are too devoted to the Light.
    So, it's not their history, it's their culture.
    Orcs culture would probably allow it. Nightborne as well, i think. As for righteous beings, it does contradict their ideology. The question is, would Velen be more accepting than the general Draenei population? He was the one to bring in the Broken, despite the racism of other Draenei.

What?
    Demon Hunters finished their role with Legion. Remove Demon Hunters then.

Pandarens are limited solely by their location until they choose faction, this will not work with demon hunters
    Why wouldn't it? Mardum isn't their starting zone?

Theoretically, a Pandaren can get to max-level in a neutral state, but the game is mostly broken for them and largely unplayable. So yes, the point basically stands - and Pandaren are meant to select a faction at the pre-determined point.
    Could have been the same for Demon Hunters, wouldn't you say?

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    My opinion is, if you as a player want any race to be any class, you forfeit any right to throw a tantrum over the lore they have to make up to explain why race A can be class B.

So if Blizzard really want any race to be any class they should just enable it, since there is no way they can win, if they allow it some players will throw a tantrum, if they dont allow it some other players will throw a tantrum, so they should just do what they want to do, and let those that want to have a tantrum, have it.
    This sounds good.

Oh, does that mean I can't tell jokes about tossing dwarfs anymore?

All of these are neutral or hostile, with exception of the comp stomp DHs. In BfA, while the Alliance is waging war on Zandalar, Marius Felbane is helping secure Zandalar from a demonic threat (alongside an undead). It seems clear they don't care about factions.

Demon hunters cannot reach max level as a neutral character even if they started neutral in Mardum because they have no profession trainers/nodes in Mardum to gain gathering experience.

I'm good with it. Let player characters be individuals. Just because draenei society shuns the fel doesn't mean an individual can't seek it out and practice it. Individual characters don't have to always conform to the general tropes of the race. Let people decide what makes sense for their character.

Different Death magic.
    Drust aren't about rot and decay, they are about spooky ghost stuff and witchcraft.
    And Troll Druids use different kind of nature magic where they draw directly from Loa. Nothing Emerald Dream about it.
    Tauren paladins use different kind of light magic where they draw directly from the sun. Nothing Holy about it.
    Blood elf paladins use different kind of light magic where they literally milked a Naaru like a cow. Nothing Holy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    All of these are neutral or hostile, with exception of the comp stomp DHs. In BfA, while the Alliance is waging war on Zandalar, Marius Felbane is helping secure Zandalar from a demonic threat (alongside an undead). It seems clear they don't care about factions.
    Why are they there, helping the factions?

Demon hunters cannot reach max level as a neutral character even if they started neutral in Mardum because they have no profession trainers/nodes in Mardum to gain gathering experience.
    Never said reach max level, but start out as neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzonathan View Post
    And Troll Druids use different kind of nature magic where they draw directly from Loa. Nothing Emerald Dream about it.
    Tauren paladins use different kind of light magic where they draw directly from the sun. Nothing Holy about it.
    Blood elf paladins use different kind of light magic where they literally milked a Naaru like a cow. Nothing Holy about it.
    True.
    Just don't dress Drust aesthetics on a Forsaken. Let them have their own shtick.
    Last edited by username993720; 2022-05-13 at 07:01 AM.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_demon_hunters

You think in storytelling everything is supposed to be perfect and harmonious? That would have added another interesting layer to Daelin Proudmoore's character. I'm, for once, all for it.

Don't let us play as Demon Hunters? If they didn't join the factions, there's no reason for them to be playable.
    I was talking about Demon Hunter NPCs.

So, it's not their history, it's their culture.
    Orcs culture would probably allow it. Nightborne as well, i think. As for righteous beings, it does contradict their ideology. The question is, would Velen be more accepting than the general Draenei population? He was the one to bring in the Broken, despite the racism of other Draenei.

Demon Hunters finished their role with Legion. Remove Demon Hunters then.

Why wouldn't it? Mardum isn't their starting zone?

Hmm, interesting, although it seems they are just supposed to represent the enemy players, but still interesting.

Metzen, lore's dad, called it stupid, i'm just pointing out to you that having something in an RPG doesn't mean it's okay

What nonsense, lol. Remove demon hunters after Legion just because they're not part of the factions?

It's both history and culture, lol. Light-based culture and history due to the Legion chasing them for 13,000 years. The Broken turned to the Elements, not the Fel.

And what to do with already created characters? Delete them? It's called gameplay reasons.

Mardum takes place during the time of BC, after which they are locked up for 10 years. And they start by fighting demons, what's the point of tying them to a faction?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Not really. As I said previously, the game as it is currently designed requires a faction choice. Lore-wise I'd say sure, but mechanically it simply doesn't pan out.

Why are they there, helping the factions?
    The same reason the Cenarion Circle, Earthen Ring, Argent Crusade, Ebon Blade, etc. help out the factions: they have a vested interest in some of the same things, and where those interests intersect, they assist the factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    At this point, nobody plays WoW for the lore anymore. The devs certainly don't care. The roleplay community is pretty much dead compared to the 2013/2014 era. Orcish paladins standing in Stormwind will be an amusing sight, though.

Worgen should have always been able to be paladins, so that's a plus.

Mmmmmm. Orc Paladins. No more Blood Elf Paladins. Such a win-win for me!

Hmm, interesting, although it seems they are just supposed to represent the enemy players, but still interesting.
    "For their service, the Alliance and Horde welcomed the Illidari as allies in the war against the Burning Legion."

Metzen, lore's dad, called it stupid, i'm just pointing out to you that having something in an RPG doesn't mean it's okay
    It's okay.
    It doesn't always become canon. That's all.

What nonsense, lol. Remove demon hunters after Legion just because they're not part of the factions?
    They're butchering the lore, according to you, with playable faction-divided Demon Hunters, no?

It's both history and culture, lol. Light-based culture and history due to the Legion chasing them for 13,000 years. The Broken turned to the Elements, not the Fel.
    The Broken were affected by the Fel.
    Look at the Argus ones. Do they not look fel tainted? Velen had no problem aligning with them. Neither did the Lightforged. Common goals usually break previous barriers.

And what to do with already created characters? Delete them? It's called gameplay reasons.
    But, what if gameplay tramples lore?

Mardum takes place during the time of BC, after which they are locked up for 10 years. And they start by fighting demons, what's the point of tying them to a faction?
    Same as tying Death Knights.

Not really. As I said previously, the game as it is currently designed requires a faction choice. Lore-wise I'd say sure, but mechanically it simply doesn't pan out.
    Why? Their starting zone doesn't allow it?

The same reason the Cenarion Circle, Earthen Ring, Argent Crusade, Ebon Blade, etc. help out the factions: they have a vested interest in some of the same things, and where those interests intersect, they assist the factions.
    In a faction PvP Battleground Brawl?

In a faction PvP Battleground Brawl?
    Oh, those specific four demon hunters? Beyond the gameplay reason of "We need this class represented by AI?" Individual demon hunters are able to do what they want; if those four demon hunters opted to assist the factions along the PC demon hunters, they're able to. It still doesn't speak to the demon hunters at large selecting factions. Keep in mind that faction flags do not designate someone belongs to that faction (e.g. Baine appearing with an Alliance flag in Stormwind).

Oh, those specific four demon hunters? Beyond the gameplay reason of "We need this class represented by AI?" Individual demon hunters are able to do what they want; if those four demon hunters opted to assist the factions along the PC demon hunters, they're able to. It still doesn't speak to the demon hunters at large selecting factions. Keep in mind that faction flags do not designate someone belongs to that faction (e.g. Baine appearing with an Alliance flag in Stormwind).
    "For their service, the Alliance and Horde welcomed the Illidari as allies in the war against the Burning Legion."