Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Neltharion created them with the power of 5 dragonflights, which received their power from the Titans. It's not about who created them. In BFA, you have a quest where you find the essence of dragonflights to empower the Heart of Azeroth because it is a gift from the titans. You're not just infusing the Heart of Azeroth with the power of druids, mages, and shamans, you find the essence of dragonflights, because that's too closely associated with dragons and titans.
    I don't think this is a transitive thing. Saying the Dracthyr Evokers carry the blessing of the Titans, or are Titan wrought, just because the Titans made the Dragons is like saying the Dragonsoul was in some way of the Titans because Neltharion had a hand in it. There's nothing to suggest the Titans were in any way aware of the creation of the Dracthyr, let alone had involvement, especially considering their creation would most likely have come about long after the Titans had left Azeroth in the hands of the Watchers and Keepers such as Tyr and the rest. In fact, it's stated that Neltharion took inspiration for the Dracthyr from ".....the scrappy mortal races of Azeroth", further distancing them from any direct Titan involvement, blessing or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    And, since the player demon hunter DOES not go to the twisting nether, we can confirm they are not demons, and just blood elves and demon hunters undergoing demonification.

Nice
    Are you aware that in the Demon Hunter starting chain, if you sacrifice your friend, he will return as a ghost because his spirit is bound to the Twisting Nether (what he will say when he appears on the Fel Hammer)? It seems that in the original version of this quest you could also sacrifice yourself, but I don't know if this option is still left or not. Or maybe you know that Varedis went to the Twisting Nether after his death, where he was tortured by Kiljaeden, and then convinced to go over to his side? Or are you aware that Maiev kept Illidan in the green crystal precisely because she knew he would go to the Twisting Nether to be resurrected? Oh, you didn't know that? It's good that you have me, right? And the demon hunter player is no different.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toxuvox View Post
    I don't think this is a transitive thing. Saying the Dracthyr Evokers carry the blessing of the Titans, or are Titan wrought, just because the Titans made the Dragons is like saying the Dragonsoul was in some way of the Titans because Neltharion had a hand in it. There's nothing to suggest the Titans were in any way aware of the creation of the Dracthyr, let alone had involvement, especially considering their creation would most likely have come about long after the Titans had left Azeroth in the hands of the Watchers and Keepers such as Tyr and the rest. In fact, it's stated that Neltharion took inspiration for the Dracthyr from ".....the scrappy mortal races of Azeroth", further distancing them from any direct Titan involvement, blessing or otherwise.
    I did not say that they were created by the Titans, no need to distort my words. I said that they have some of the power of the Titans because this applies to all 5 dragonflights. All dragons are connected to their Aspects, which is why all black dragons went mad at the same time as Deathwing, and why when the Aspects sacrificed their powers at the end of the Cataclysm, all dragons lost their powers and the ability to reproduce.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxuvox View Post
    Seems like a janky solution. Wouldn't it be easier to wait for the ability to be an Evoker of any race post Dragonflight? The story has been told, and the space between Dragonflight and 11.0 is where the various races learn to be Evokers? The tip of the hat to the whole Class Trainer thing?
    i dont see this ever happening,this isnt a demon hunter situation where other races can realisticaly be demonhunters,in this case the race and the class are basicaly one and the same,a gnome will never be a an evoker because a gnome can never be a dragon

7+ Year Old Account
    Are you aware that in the Demon Hunter starting chain, if you sacrifice your friend, he will return as a ghost because his spirit is bound to the Twisting Nether (what he will say when he appears on the Fel Hammer)? It seems that in the original version of this quest you could also sacrifice yourself, but I don't know if this option is still left or not. Or maybe you know that Varedis went to the Twisting Nether after his death, where he was tortured by Kiljaeden, and then convinced to go over to his side? Or are you aware that Maiev kept Illidan in the green crystal precisely because she knew he would go to the Twisting Nether to be resurrected? Oh, you didn't know that? It's good that you have me, right? And the demon hunter player is no different..
    Not all demon hunters go to the twisting nether, having a immortal demon soul does not make you, entirely a demon, thats why they are still their own races, unlike dracthyr.

Not all demon hunters go to the twisting nether, having a immortal demon soul does not make you, entirely a demon, thats why they are still their own races, unlike dracthyr.
    Do you have an example of a demon hunter that doesn't? No, that's what makes you a demon. If your soul is bound to the Twisting Nether, you are a demon. No more, no less

7+ Year Old Account
    Do you have an example of a demon hunter that doesn't?
    The lore says not all of then have, no example is necessary if we have that bit,

No, that's what makes you a demon. If your soul is bound to the Twisting Nether, you are a demon. No more, no less
    Nope, need more than that, as the demon hunters still retain their own race and are not fully demons.

This is of course going way too offtopic as again, they are not another race, neither are sold as such, ad dracthyr are.

The lore says not all of then have, no example is necessary if we have that bit,

Nope, need more than that, as the demon hunters still retain their own race and are not fully demons.

This is of course going way too offtopic as again, they are not another race, neither are sold as such, ad dracthyr are.
    Where exactly is it said?

Eredar also still retain their own race and are still demons. They are not a different race in terms of gameplay. Although from the point of view of lore, everything is a little more complicated. Is it possible to distinguish demon species as separate races? Or is it just a kind of demon? For example, all DK is undead

7+ Year Old Account
    Where exactly is it said?
    That some demon hunters don't go to the nether.
    Eredar also still retain their own race and are still demons.
    Nope, they are Manari now, they are straight up a different race.

The actual eredar race are the draeneis who, just changed name.

Undead is also, not a race, but a condition, like worgens, is another kind of subject.

That some demon hunters don't go to the nether.

Nope, they are Manari now, they are straight up a different race.

The actual eredar race are the draeneis who, just changed name.

Undead is also, not a race, but a condition, like worgens, is another kind of subject.
    For example who?

Man'ari is just an Eredar word meaning something bad. If the Night Elves come up with a derogatory nickname for demon hunters, will you recognize them as a separate race?

7+ Year Old Account
    For example who?
    who knows? it is said that happens in illidan book, ans he was intrigued by the player being like him, if it was something for everyone this would not make sense.

Man'ari is just an Eredar word meaning something bad. If the Night Elves come up with a derogatory nickname for demon hunters, will you recognize them as a separate race?
    No.. thats not a derogatory term but a race of demons, eredar is the ancient race, Draenei are eredar who change name, the manari are the ones who ebcame demons.

Demon hunters didn't changed race, they are still their own race, unlike manari, unlike satyr

Better idea lets just delete the new class and race and pretend it never happened please i know alright ill see myself out peace

who knows? it is said that happens in illidan book, ans he was intrigued by the player being like him, if it was something for everyone this would not make sense.

No.. thats not a derogatory term but a race of demons, eredar is the ancient race, Draenei are eredar who change name, the manari are the ones who ebcame demons.

Demon hunters didn't changed race, they are still their own race, unlike manari, unlike satyr
    In Illidan's book, this may have referred to those who did not complete their training. I'm not sure if his interest remained in the final version of the quest, but maybe we're talking about different quests. Do you have a link to the quest?

No, it's literally a eredar/draenei term for something evil and unnatural. Satyrs are a unique demons created personally by Sargeras, as Blizzard said in Twitter. But the demon hunters are just Night Elves and Blood Elves filled with Fel just like Man'ari

7+ Year Old Account
    In Illidan's book, this may have referred to those who did not complete their training. I'm not sure if his interest remained in the final version of the quest, but maybe we're talking about different quests. Do you have a link to the quest?
    Nope, it was along time since i did their starting zone.

No, it's literally a eredar/draenei term for something evil and unnatural. Satyrs are a unique demons created personally by Sargeras, as Blizzard said in Twitter. But the demon hunters are just Night Elves and Blood Elves filled with Fel just like Man'ari
    Man'ari is the race of demons like the pit lords, imps, satyrs and others

Eredar is the ancient race, draeneis are eredar who change names.

Again, demon hunters are not another race

Nope, it was along time since i did their starting zone.

Man'ari is the race of demons like the pit lords, imps, satyrs and others

Eredar is the ancient race, draeneis are eredar who change names.

Again, demon hunters are not another race
    I recently went through these quests and it seems that Illidan's phrase was removed because he is not there in person at all.

No, that's literally the draenei name for something evil. Their race is the Eredar.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, that's literally the draenei name for something evil. Their race is the Eredar.
    They gave the name for something evil to a race of demons who mutated from the eredar.

They gave the name for something evil to a race of demons who mutated from the eredar.
    No, it was originally part of their language and that's what they called their defiled brethren.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, it was originally part of their language and that's what they called their defiled brethren.
    yeah,. they used their own word to name the part of their race that become demons, i don't know what is your confusions here.

Most demons were once mortal. Indeed, mortal creatures can be turned into demons (a state draenei demonologists call "man'ari", meaning 'twisted, unnatural, defiled') by being infused with large quantities of fel magic, usually in the form of a gift or blessing such as the one Sargeras offered the eredar or as with the case of the nathrezim.
    Manari is a race of demons mutated from the eredar, period, is like saying night elves are trolls and not elves.

yeah,. they used their own word to name the part of their race that become demons, i don't know what is your confusions here.

Manari is a race of demons mutated from the eredar, period, is like saying night elves are trolls and not elves.
    Eredar became demons, elves became demons, why do you consider some to be a separate race and others not?

7+ Year Old Account
    Eredar became demons, elves became demons, why do you consider some to be a separate race and others not?
    Because the demon hunters are not fully demons yet, the manari, like some other demon races, are.

Because the demon hunters are not fully demons yet, the manari, like some other demon races, are.
    Explain to me what is the difference and who is a fully demon for you