... LastLast

Patch 9.2.5 PTR - Build 43630

Patch 9.2.5 PTR - Build 43630
    Build 43630 is now live on the PTR!

New Icons

Spell Changes
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Raid & Dungeon Abilities
    • 50,000 Volts Inflicts 14 Inflicts 17 Nature damage and stuns the target for 3 sec. 41 yd range. 2 sec cast.
    • Acid Spit Inflicts 4 Inflicts 18 Nature damage to enemies within 6 yards. 300 yd range. Instant.
    • Barbed Arrow Barrage Signals Grom'kar Archers to release a barrage of arrows that rain down from above inflicting 10 15 Physical damage. Unlimited range. Instant.
    • Berserker Leap Koramar crashes down on enemy targets, inflicting 2 15 Nature damage to enemies within 8 yards of his landing. 10 yd range. Instant.
    • Blackrock Bomb Lobs a bomb towards an enemy that inflicts 23 30 Fire damage to all targets within 4 yards of the impact. 150 yd range. Instant.
    • Bladestorm Attacks in a whirl of steel, causing 5 13 Physical damage to each enemy within 5 yards. Melee range. Instant.
    • Blood Bolt Ahri'ok Dugru conjures a black miasma and releases a bolt of blood, inflicting 8 18 Shadow damage. 45 yd range. 3 sec cast.
    • Burning Arrows Signals Grom'kar Flameslingers to launch a continuous volley of flaming arrows, leaving a burning trail on the ground that inflict 3 12 Fire damage every 1 sec. Unlimited range. Instant.
    • Cannon Barrage Barrages enemies with his cannons, inflicting 2 11 Fire damage to enemies within 9 yards of the blast. Unlimited range. Instant.
    • Cannon Barrage Barrages enemies with his cannons, inflicting 2 11 Fire damage to enemies within 9 yards of the blast. Unlimited range. Instant.
    • Chain Drag Lashes out with a chain that inflicts 4 7 Physical damage and pulls an enemy to the caster. Limited to 1 target. 25 yd range. 1 sec cast.
    • Charging Slash Charges to a nearby enemy slashing them savagely, inflicting 2 6 Physical damage every 1 sec for 6 sec. 25 yd range. Instant.
    • Dash The caster surges forward trampling over anything in his path inflicting 10 14 Physical damage and knocking enemies back. 300 yd range. Instant.
    • Double Slash Brings both axes down in an arc cleaving flesh and bone inflicting Physical damage and causing the target to bleed for 2 6 Physical damage every 2 sec. for 8 sec. 10 yd range. 1 sec cast.
    • Fling Hammer Throws a hammer at a nearby enemy that inflicts 9 15 Physical damage. 25 yd range. 1.5 sec cast.
    • Freezing Snare Throws a Frost Trap on the ground, which when tripped, inflicts 6 30 Frost damage and roots all enemies within 6 yards for 6 sec. Unlimited range. Instant.
    • Gatecrasher Siegemaster throws Gatecrasher into the ground creating an earthquake that inflicts 7 16 Physical damage every 1 sec. 35 yd range. Instant.
    • Gutshot Fires a slug inflicting 3 10 Physical damage. 50 yd range. 2.5 sec cast.
    • High Explosive Grenade Inflicts 10 Inflicts 12 Fire damage to enemies within 5 yards. 35 yd range. Instant (Channeled).
    • Incendiary Slug Fires an incendiary slug, inflicting 2 4 Fire damage every 2 secs. for 6 sec. 25 yd range. 2.5 sec cast.
    • Iron Shot Fires an iron slug inflicting 4 8 Physical damage. 25 yd range. 2 sec cast.
    • Lava Blast Ironwing Flamespitter rears back, blasting lava in front of him that inflict 4 20 Fire damage every 1 sec. 45 yd range. Instant.
    • Lava Sweep Makogg slashes his burning blade with ferocity and conjures crashing waves of lava, inflicting 6 11 Fire damage. 100 yd range. Instant.
    • Leg Shot Fires a slug through your knee, inflicting 4 18 Physical damage and reducing your movement speed by 65% for 5 sec. 25 yd range. 2.5 sec cast.
    • Mad Dash Borka the Brute charges forward trampling over anything in his path inflicting 25 150 Physical damage and interrupting spell casts for 3 sec. 500 yd range. Instant.
    • New Plan! Railmaster Rocketspark quickly devises a new plan when Borka the Brute is slain and begins launching missiles that inflict 3 5 Fire damage every 0.5 sec. In addition, Rocketspark starts Locking On!. Instant.
    • New Plan! Fires a volley of missiles inflicting 3 5 Fire damage. 50 yd range. Instant.
    • New Plan! Fires a volley of missiles inflicting 3 5 Fire damage. 50 yd range. Instant.
    • Primal Assault Oshir charges towards his prey, brutally mauling enemies in his path for 14 25 Physical damage. 25 yd range. Instant.
    • Protoform Barrier Empowers the caster, inflicting 1 Cosmic damage to all players every 3 sec. Upon removal this barrier manifests as one attackable enemy, casting a shared 1,400 1,250 absorb shield with all other enemies for 15 sec. A second unit manifests that also can be healed to reduce the shared shield. Upon expiration the barrier explodes, inflicting 50 Cosmic damage and an additional 5 Cosmic damage every 1 sec. to all players for 8 sec. If broken this effect backfires, inflicting all damage done to each enemy during the barrier as Cosmic damage, and additionally grants all players up to 25% increased damage done, 25% healing done, and 25% increased absorbs done for 40 sec. Unlimited range. Instant.
    • Rapid Fire Zoggosh focuses on a single enemy, rapidly firing at them and all enemies standing in between for 1 6 Fire damage every half second. 300 yd range. Instant.
    • Reckless Slash Charges a target, inflicting Physical damage to units within 7 yards of the impact location. Unlimited range. 1.5 sec cast. 2 sec cast.
    • Rending Cleave A sweeping attack that cleaves enemies within 7 yards, inflicting 6 30 Physical damage. Melee range. 1 sec cast.
    • Sanguine Sphere Ahri'ok summons an orb of blood to protect her most injured ally, absorbing 47 300 damage. The shield will trigger a groupwide heal if broken by damage. Limited to 1 target. 100 yd range. 2 sec cast.
    • Savage Mauling Dreadfang snarls and leaps towards his prey mauling them savagely, reducing their movement speed by 45% and inflicting 3 11 Physical damage every 1 sec. for 6 sec. Limited to 1 target. 45 yd range. 6 sec cast (Channeled).
    • Serrated Spear Throws a serrated spear at an enemy inflicting 1 4 Physical damage every 1 sec for 6 sec. Limited to 1 target. 25 yd range. 1.5 sec cast.
    • Shattering Blade Koramar skims his blade across the ground, causing melee sparks that inflict 4 15 Fire damage to enemies within the area of effect. 40 yd range. 1.5 sec cast.
    • Shrapnel Blast Blasts enemies in a 13 yard frontal cone, inflicting 3 8 Fire damage every half-second to enemies. 15 yd range. Instant.
    • Shredded Tendons Ogre traps snap closed around your ankles, slowing your movement by 15% and inflicting 2 8 Physical damage every 1 sec for 7 sec. 50 yd range. Instant.
    • Shredding Swipes Dreadfang lunges forward gnawing everyone caught in his path, inflicting 10 20 Physical damage. 10 yd range. Instant.
    • Slam Inflicts 12 Inflicts 13 Physical damage to all players and interrupts casting for 1.5 sec. 1.5 sec cast.
    • Spinning Spear Throws a spinning spear towards a target, penetrating armor and inflicting 17 45 Physical damage, knocking down the target for 2 sec. Unlimited range. Instant.
    • Storm Shield Shrouds the caster in lightning, absorbing all damage and inflicting Nature damage, that chains, when attacked for 10 sec. 1 1.5 sec cast. 6 sec cooldown.
    • Tactical Kick A well-placed kick catches you off guard, inflicting 6 20 Physical damage. Melee range. Instant.
    • Throw Throws a spear at an enemy, inflicting 4 30 Physical damage. 25 yd range. 1.5 sec cast.
    • Thundering Stomp Deals 6 Deals 22 Physical damage to enemies within 50 yards. 0.6 sec cast.
    • Time to Feed Oshir pins his prey to the ground and rends them furiously, inflicting 4 8 Physical damage every 1 sec for 20 sec. 100 yd range. 20 sec cast (Channeled).
    • Trampling Stampede Charge towards an enemy, knocking them back and inflicting 10 17 Physical damage. 25 yd range. Instant.
    • VX18-B Target Eliminator Launches missiles at up to 2 enemy targets. Each missile inflicts 19 35 Fire damage to all targets within 3 yards of the impact. 300 yd range. Instant.
    • VX18-B Target Eliminator Launches missiles at up to 2 enemy targets. Each missile inflicts 19 35 Fire damage to all targets within 3 yards of the impact. 3 sec cast.
    • X21-01A Missile Barrage Fires volleys of missiles inflicting 2 6 Fire damage to two targets every 1 second for 20 sec. 100 yd range. Instant.
    • X21-01A Missile Barrage Fires volleys of missiles inflicting 2 6 Fire damage to two targets every 1 second for 20 sec. 100 yd range. Instant.

New Social Contract
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Social Contract

Hail, traveler, and welcome to the World of Warcraft!

Azeroth is a living world full of people like you - other players with different backgrounds, cultures, experiences, and histories who have all come together to play World of Warcraft. Every player deserves to have a world that they feel safe in, so please take a minute to read our Social Contract.

While in Azeroth, do your best to:

• Connect with other players and make friends! Being courteous in group content can help you and your teammates have the best time possible. Sending a friendly hello message can help set your group up for success.
    • Play as a team with your fellow players - whether in dungeons, raids, battlegrounds, arenas, or out questing in the world. Do your best to support your team through your communication and behaviors so that you can all celebrate your success together.
    • Assist other players that you encounter in the world. Maybe they need some help defeating a tough monster, or maybe they could use a little healing!
    • Help answer questions others have in chat channels like General or Trade. We were all newbies once - one person offering some help can go a long way!

We recognize that the Internet is not always a safe haven. With that in mind, please note that the following behaviors are not accepted in Azeroth:

• Hate speech, including negative comments that target another player's identity, including aspects like race, gender, or ability
    • Harassment, threats, or abusive / derogatory language and behaviors
    • Spamming, advertising, or other disruptive behaviors

If you harm your fellow adventurers with any of the above behaviors, you are subject to punishment up to and including suspension of your account.

It's a big world out there, with all sorts of people in it. So please try to be respectful of each other, and if you ever feel like somebody is acting against this code, please report those behaviors so that our team can look into it. Together, you can help us make the World of Warcraft a safe home away from home for everyone.

Accept / Exit Game

Last edited by Lumy; 2022-05-13 at 08:30 AM.

I've been playing this game for a very long time now since before wrath to say the least and I've never been muted or banned or temporarily suspended until the last few months.

from looking up online I'm not the only one, from what I can gather people are report happy and will report you just for having a different opinion. What happened to just ignoring the player?, that has been Blizzard's policy since the inception of the game?

A few weeks ago I was met with a 7-Day silence with no explanation from blizzard and a denied appeal.
    And last week I was met with a 7-Day suspension again no explanation other than some type of chat violation with no details other than that, again a ticket was made and closed without explanation, I don't know if someone is specifically targeting me but my new policy is just not to say anything about anything in public chat or I fear I could get banned permanently at this point.

As far as I can tell I'm not being toxic the conversations I have are pretty rated G other than calling the occasional player stupid for stupid reasons, I don't think personally that should warrant a silence or temporary suspension.

Just be careful out there who you might offend.
    Last edited by Neotart; 2022-05-13 at 06:28 AM.

This social contract is a belated April Fool's joke, isn't it? This is so abnormally stupid.

There we go then, that leaked post saying advertising is about to get banned was true?

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    The contract is good in theory but not the "you must say hello", In cata 5 man hc was my end game, saying hello every dungeon was too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Neotart View Post
    I've been playing this game for a very long time now since before wrath to say the least and I've never been muted or banned or temporarily suspended until the last few months.

from looking up online I'm not the only one, from what I can gather people are report happy and will report you just for having a different opinion. What happened to just ignoring the player?, that has been Blizzard's policy since the inception of the game?

A few weeks ago I was met with a 7-Day silence with no explanation from blizzard and a denied appeal.
    And last week I was met with a 7-Day suspension again no explanation other than some type of chat violation with no details other than that, again a ticket was made and closed without explanation, I don't know if someone is specifically targeting me but my new policy is just not to say anything about anything in public chat or I fear I could get banned permanently at this point.

As far as I can tell I'm not being toxic the conversations I have are pretty rated G other than calling the occasional player stupid for stupid reasons, I don't think personally that should warrant a silence or temporary suspension.

Just be careful out there who you might offend.

LOL. What?!?! You call people stupid and then get emo for your account being sanctioned?

And people wonder why these "Social Contracts" are needed.

I talk all the time in all chat channels, for years now, and I've never got anything. The report system works. If enough people right-clicked reported you, you deserved it. It's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by ugabelege View Post
    The contract is good in theory but not the "you must say hello", In cata 5 man hc was my end game, saying hello every dungeon was too much.
    "Do your best" does not equal to you must.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jk1895 View Post
    This social contract is a belated April Fool's joke, isn't it? This is so abnormally stupid.
    Is it? Is it stupid in Final Fantasy as well, where abusers get banned? Doing an M+ for example is extremely toxic for any new player atm.

Quote Originally Posted by ugabelege View Post
    Writing a /p hi macro is too much? Okay...

Do this new New Social Contract mean you cant call people ''Noob'' ''bad'' etc anymore? I mean being overly nice especially on the internet is just... So now you must just pretend to be overly nice now...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffe View Post
    Do this new New Social Contract mean you cant call people ''Noob'' ''bad'' etc anymore? I mean being overly nice especially on the internet is just... So now you must just pretend to be overly nice now...
    who are you to call people noob?
    Then the storm broke, and the dragons danced.

You could just try saying nothing at all

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    The report system works. If enough people right-clicked reported you, you deserved it. It's that simple.
    Surely, this kind of thing does not open any avenues for abuse...
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    who are you to call people noob?
    Better and more experienced player.

I guess this kind of behaviour might be the reason why Blizzard feels the need for this contract in the first place.
    Would you also call strangers you meet out in the real world ‘noob’ or ‘bad’? Or would you be ‘overly nice’ to them?
    What some may call ‘being overly nice’ others might define as politeness or human decency.
    Last edited by MrPetaah; 2022-05-13 at 10:42 AM.

People are taking this as if you're now obliged to get socially involved, that's not the case.

This is the more friendly, approachable way of essentially writing: "Stop being pricks to each other and remember this is an MMO for god sake!".

If you read this and get all upset, feel it's pointless, or a waste of time, you're likely the reason this exists. Stop being assholes. It's really not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    LOL. What?!?! You call people stupid and then get emo for your account being sanctioned?

And people wonder why these "Social Contracts" are needed.

I talk all the time in all chat channels, for years now, and I've never got anything. The report system works. If enough people right-clicked reported you, you deserved it. It's that simple.
    Not really. You could get suspended for even saying "I love World of Warcraft" if enough people report it. I recall Asmongold trying out the reporting system once and asked a bunch of people to report him for saying those exact words in the chat. And it got his account temporarily suspended.

If the whole report thing is automated by AI and not actual people, then the player base is gonna abuse it just to spite people they don't like and the machine will punish people for no reason. If the reporting is done by an actual person, it may have some success, but if it's done by an automated machine then it'll be flawed and be abused. (About as abused as the Kick button in group content.)

Saying a person "deserves it because enough people reported them" doesn't have much justification when you don't even know what they said that got them reported in the first place. It just means someone got enough people to /report them so that it gets the machine's attention.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Better and more experienced player.
    damn, I hope you get in my m+ group, can't wait to report you when you say noob
    Then the storm broke, and the dragons danced.

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    damn, I hope you get in my m+ group, can't wait to report you when you say noob
    Unfortunately I doubt that we would be in the same M+ group.

I'm a guy that this really doesnt affect at all since I pretty much never do or say anything offensive in game.
    And if people bother me with toxic stuff i just /ignore them and move on.

But such a "social contract" makes my toes curl up for the extreme tiptoeing it promotes. Something that seems more and more prevelant in today's society.

I'm all for pusnishing some of the extreme toxic people for things like racism etc, but these days it seems that if you look at someone funny they might get emotionally scarred for the rest of their lives or something.
    I mean common, grow at least a modicum of spine will ya... Who cares if some random twat on the internet doesnt think you're the coolest person ever. Ignore them and move on.