Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    I'm not sure I like this new stance...definitely leaving a sour taste in my mouth. It looks like they're taking it seriously, too, and have already banned a player mid-raid who was streaming with third party tool assistance.

Your average player is probably fine as line as long as they don't stream or talk about it, but it just doesn't make any sense to me. These tools don't give an unfair advantage, they reduce stress on an extremely difficult fight through convenience. There's nothing to the level of WoW addons here.
    This isn't a new stance like.. at all, there are articles from 2014 where yoshi-p pretty much had the same stance with the same in between the lines:
    You can use harmless plugins but don't show/advertise it and force us to police you.

Now especially with some bigger WoW streamers coming over using plugins on stream it apparently just got a bit too comfortable and highlighted, so they had to take action (even if it was more of an exemple.)

Also the Issue many people don't realize yet... combat plugins are completely unshackled in this game, you can do so much broken shit with them if you wanted to trivializing fights more than WoW addons would be ever able to because there is no api tools given or moderation in place, you can literally do everything and go crazy, so they are kind of obligated to shut stuff down if it starts to get a bit too comfortable.
    Last edited by Caprias; 2022-05-11 at 07:44 PM.

Only one I care about is the delvui and xivcombo honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Only one I care about is the delvui and xivcombo honestly.
    If you havent check xiv sloth combo

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    If you havent check xiv sloth combo
    I've been using a different super extended xivcombo, i'll take a look at that one.

There's just so many bad decisions about combos and buttons they've made that take up more hotkeys than needed lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why would you use anything but gshade
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    because alot of mods make the game better ?

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    This isn't a new stance like.. at all, there are articles from 2014 where yoshi-p pretty much had the same stance with the same in between the lines:
    You can use harmless plugins but don't show/advertise it and force us to police you.
    I think I have an issue with them banning raiders mid-stream in the highest end content using mods. He wasn't advertising it, but he was "using it publicly" which they're now cracking down as "promotion of mods." But he's literally raiding Ultimate, in a raid which requires you to break tethers based on a debuff timer, when the base game's UI for debuff/buffs is........asinine. Not even OmniCC-esque functionality where you can put the timer in the middle of the icon and thus make it easier to see. Even a debuff at 200% the little numeral in the corner is miniscule.

It's basically saying, "either stream with no addons [which is less efficient in a difficulty meant to maximize your skills, and puts you at a disadvantage to people using the addons secretly], or don't stream [potentially taking away income/revenue]." That seems like a harsh choice.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I think I have an issue with them banning raiders mid-stream in the highest end content using mods. He wasn't advertising it, but he was "using it publicly" which they're now cracking down as "promotion of mods." But he's literally raiding Ultimate, in a raid which requires you to break tethers based on a debuff timer, when the base game's UI for debuff/buffs is........asinine. Not even OmniCC-esque functionality where you can put the timer in the middle of the icon and thus make it easier to see. Even a debuff at 200% the little numeral in the corner is miniscule.

It's basically saying, "either stream with no addons [which is less efficient in a difficulty meant to maximize your skills, and puts you at a disadvantage to people using the addons secretly], or don't stream [potentially taking away income/revenue]." That seems like a harsh choice.
    It's just temporary anyway, which makes it extra silly. Take a few people down (like when they cracked down on ACT for a bit) and then forget about it.

I know people disagreed with me in the past but it does not get more hostile towards 3rd party apps than FFXIV at this point:

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...0c5d56cb2e4547

I would not mess with 3rd party tools anymore or stream with them on. This is not temporary and don't for a second take a chance with your account. Tools like the parsers were incredibly inaccurate anyways because the damage over time was hidden away from them by the devs in a raid setting. I welcome this stronger and more clearer stance though.

Quote Originally Posted by FFXIVuseryo View Post
    I know people disagreed with me in the past but it does not get more hostile towards 3rd party apps than FFXIV at this point:

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...0c5d56cb2e4547

I would not mess with 3rd party tools anymore or stream with them on. This is not temporary and don't for a second take a chance with your account. Tools like the parsers were incredibly inaccurate anyways because the damage over time was hidden away from them by the devs in a raid setting. I welcome this stronger and more clearer stance though.
    They need to add the pvp way of combos. Button bloat is bad and like I would be happy to play other classes but stuck with a limited few cause the others have way to many skills.. I would use the combo help but now they’ll just ban ..

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    They need to add the pvp way of combos. Button bloat is bad and like I would be happy to play other classes but stuck with a limited few cause the others have way to many skills.. I would use the combo help but now they’ll just ban ..
    They cannot detect what you are using on your PC. They said this themselves. Just do not stream with mods on, or talk about them in-game.

Obviously, don't use actual cheats, like PvP ones, because abnormal behaviour is something that can be measured even if they do not have clear evidence of a program doing the cheating for you...

On one hand, kudos to Yoshi for acknowledging that while you can certainly customize the UI pretty in depth, it's actual functionality is pretty shit so saying they're going to take a look at the popular ones is good.

As far as mods go, it sucks to see them take such a heavy hand here. I feel like they really burned a lot of good will with the type of players who were on the fence about playing long term, or who really enjoyed the modding aspect of it, at the behest of their core zealot base, the ones who Yoshi P could probably murder a woman, talk about how he did it on TV and they'd still sing his praises so no real net gain except furthering empowering them to be more rash and bold.

As far as DSR goes; that looked looked awful. The scenery and repeating phases while novel; were really fatiguing to watch. With that fight duration I would have gone insane. I really wish they would find a way to make much shorter, but equivalently challenging bosses.

https://youtu.be/78T92RoivZc

Pyros meltdown made this whole thing totally worth it.

I wonder if he pulls a Taliesin now with the weird viera/hitler situation and tries to copyright strike/remove everything or if he actually apologizes and takes the blame.
    Last edited by Caprias; 2022-05-13 at 12:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Because they are used to it from WoW.
    I do agree that DoT tracking on multiple targets is nonexistent and I also miss proper DoT timer bars, like I had back in WoW. While the official UI is good, they could improve it's customization a fair bit. With 2.5s GCDs, I don't see the need for "mouseover" stuff. The game is so slow at it's core, that targeting players you want to heal does not slow you down notably.

But To be frank: unless there is a way for Consoleros to get the same mods, anyone that uses combat related mods (including ACT triggers) is cheating and deserves to get banned.

END OF STORY.

Now go, cry me a river.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I really wish they would find a way to make much shorter, but equivalently challenging bosses.
    I've always wondered what's stopped them from making a short, intense, boss fight. Something tightly tuned that needs high DPS and HPS for like... 90 seconds - 2 minutes. It wouldn't work for every boss of course, but people seem to love Patchwerk type fights where they get to push maximum performance or they wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I don't see the need for "mouseover" stuff. The game is so slow at it's core, that targeting players you want to heal does not slow you down notably.
    It's not so bad if you're healing. It's not ideal, but you can sort of work around it. I really miss it for Rescue, because when you need to use it right now I find sifting through the name list and Icons to find the person a little bit too slow.

Where Mouseover is really needed is for DPS jobs that need to target allies to weave something like Dragon's Sight or Natures Minne in between GCD's without losing your primary target. If you've ever wondered why your Bard stops pressing buttons for a few seconds, this is probably why.

Personally, I'd also like to see them add more information to the character nameplate, so you don't need to look at UI elements to see Gagues, Aetherflow Charges etc. Have pretty much everything you need to know immediately near your character so people have no excuse for tunnel visioning parts of their UI.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    I've always wondered what's stopped them from making a short, intense, boss fight. Something tightly tuned that needs high DPS and HPS for like... 90 seconds - 2 minutes. It wouldn't work for every boss of course, but people seem to love Patchwerk type fights where they get to push maximum performance or they wipe.
    Honestly some of my favorite fights were the gatekeeper fights like Kefka/Ex-Death. 4 ish minutes, but still engaging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    It's not so bad if you're healing. It's not ideal, but you can sort of work around it. I really miss it for Rescue, because when you need to use it right now I find sifting through the name list and Icons to find the person a little bit too slow.

Where Mouseover is really needed is for DPS jobs that need to target allies to weave something like Dragon's Sight or Natures Minne in between GCD's without losing your primary target. If you've ever wondered why your Bard stops pressing buttons for a few seconds, this is probably why.
    Yeah you will be too slow if you have to click the rescue button, use a hotkey and target the player in the field, not via the group list.

You could also just use a macro. FF-XIV has them too. Chain the spell to a reliable partner and off you go. No need to do target switching. Alternatively, if you want to be more flexible you can work with "target last target", assuming XIV has this functionality, dunno. Never needed it so far.

Macros are woefully inefficient as they don't queue, meaning if you are trying to do things on top of that macro, it may not fire. I do use them for Shirk and have secondary TBN and Oblation macros for the second tank, but I definitely see that it's less than ideal for DPS. In a static, you are probably fine to just use a macro as you will (outside of some specific scenarios) probably tether/buff the same person all the time, but if you pug or if someone dies, it either has you recreating your macro with each group or it not functioning if there is a death. You could tie it to a focus target, but then that also ruins your ability to use focus target for anything else.

I've gotten pretty quick at TBN on random party members to prevent wipes, but if it is during a burst window when I am trying to double weave, it becomes less possible without cutting into my GCD.

It would be a nice QoL to allow mouseover functionality outside of macros. I'd also wish for macro queueing so I don't have to mash my co-tank buttons a ton of times hoping that they go off, especially when the price of them not going off is usually pretty high.

As far as DSR goes; that looked looked awful. The scenery and repeating phases while novel; were really fatiguing to watch. With that fight duration I would have gone insane. I really wish they would find a way to make much shorter, but equivalently challenging bosses.
    I think there is an opportunity for more boss encounters, in particular to bridge the gaps from extreme to the first floor of savage and the last floor of savage to ultimate.
    Last edited by The Casualty; 2022-05-13 at 03:36 PM.

I have noticed that without using ACT (just ACT, not triggers) I lost my drive to get better gear, can't see any meaningful player power improvement without it, so feels quite meh to even do Extremes...Which results in "raid logging" for weekly 24man clears. For what reason, I do not know - primal needs of getting timegated currency?

I know the point of Ultimates is to be brutally challenging but I feel like more checkpoints throughout the fight would help. It's still odd to me that this fight had a random checkpoint after the first phase...makes me wonder if, as we get better gear, it will be possible to save our boy early and skip the need to reach the time loop. That would be a really nice checkpoint if so.