Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Where does it say that the Forge of Souls can kill Azeroth? Isn't the Forge of Origination powered by the power of Azeroth itself to re-originate the planet? We used this power to kill N'zoth.
    The Forge of Souls is what is being used to extract Azerite from Azeroth (i.e.: it's siphoning Azeroth's blood en masse and channeling it into the Sepulcher). It was essentially draining her of life and leaving her vulnerable to Zovaal's attacks, and I think it's a fair assessment to say that if the Forge of Souls was not stopped, Azeroth's wound would hemorrhage until she died (as it would never heal and would drain her until nothing was left).

Regarding the Forge of Origination, I don't think the exact source of the power has ever been explicitly stated. So far as I'm aware, its purpose is to wipe life from the face of Azeroth, which the Keepers within regulated. However, the forge is also able to be reconfigured to affect specific places, such as what happened to Lei Shen and his armies. I think it would be reasonable to say that hijacking of the forge, in a way similar to what Deathwing had planned in Cataclysm, could kill Azeroth if the power was directed into the world instead of across the surface. Going back to its power source, it's possible that the source of power is Azeroth and this could be an instance similar to the ritual you noted in Chronicle (i.e.: the power of Azeroth being used against her).
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    The Forge of Souls is what is being used to extract Azerite from Azeroth (i.e.: it's siphoning Azeroth's blood en masse and channeling it into the Sepulcher). It was essentially draining her of life and leaving her vulnerable to Zovaal's attacks, and I think it's a fair assessment to say that if the Forge of Souls was not stopped, Azeroth's wound would hemorrhage until she died (as it would never heal and would drain her until nothing was left).

Regarding the Forge of Origination, I don't think the exact source of the power has ever been explicitly stated. So far as I'm aware, its purpose is to wipe life from the face of Azeroth, which the Keepers within regulated. However, the forge is also able to be reconfigured to affect specific places, such as what happened to Lei Shen and his armies. I think it would be reasonable to say that hijacking of the forge, in a way similar to what Deathwing had planned in Cataclysm, could kill Azeroth if the power was directed into the world instead of across the surface. Going back to its power source, it's possible that the source of power is Azeroth and this could be an instance similar to the ritual you noted in Chronicle (i.e.: the power of Azeroth being used against her).
    Wasn't the Forge of Souls used to transport Azeroth itself to the Sepulcher?

The Forge of Wills uses the power of Azeroth to create new Titan-forged, so I thought the Forge of Origination would also use that power.

From a lore point of view, Illidan, Velen, and Khadgar actually helped kill him directly, as seen in the final cinematic.
    Does it show that tho, AFAIK it starts with KJ falling to his knees in defeat, not Illi/Khad/Velen helping fighting him. Ofc it's one hellufa coincidence that the reinforcements were defeated/fled just as we defeated KJ so that the NPCs could interact with him/do the keystone thingy but that's just fantasy timings. I can't remember the cinematic showing the fighting KJ though.

We wouldn't have beaten him if he was at Titan level.
    Eonar only survived in hiding due to our intervention, and we bested the Legion forces that would have destroyed her. I assume that had our motivation been to destroy her, we could have done that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    Can Denny suck the pride from Archie and feed himself on the power it gives and make himself stronger? Denny was a little vampiric and I’m sure would be able to keep Archie busy with his sword and port behind Archie and start sucking his anima/pride away. They would make an interesting fight. Blizzard need to build a fight simulator which would let you put bosses against each other and let you watch
    That would be amusing. I can already see issues with fights like G'huun or Yogg where mechanics are required to make the boss vulnerable in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    Eonar only survived in hiding due to our intervention, and we bested the Legion forces that would have destroyed her. I assume that had our motivation been to destroy her, we could have done that as well.

That would be amusing. I can already see issues with fights like G'huun or Yogg where mechanics are required to make the boss vulnerable in the first place.
    It was just her soul, lol. Sargeras killed her before

Yeah what darkoms said, Eonar was in the fragile soul-state the rest of the Pantheon (bar Aggramar) was in, she just managed to avoid being captured post-murder to be tortured by the Shivarras.

It was just her soul, lol. Sargeras killed her before
    She was still a titan, and we could've presumably destroyed her there. We've also successfully destroyed two titan avatars and a nascent titan. Illidan, likewise, is a significant enough threat to help keep Sargeras contained, and we were powerful enough to defeat him. I'm not convinced that titans are beyond our means of dealing with, particularly given the number of McGuffins that exist in Warcraft lore.

She was still a titan, and we could've presumably destroyed her there. We've also successfully destroyed two titan avatars and a nascent titan. Illidan, likewise, is a significant enough threat to help keep Sargeras contained, and we were powerful enough to defeat him. I'm not convinced that titans are beyond our means of dealing with, particularly given the number of McGuffins that exist in Warcraft lore.
    Do you realize that a Titan's avatar is only a tiny fraction of a Titan's power? Just because we could kill Eonar at her weakest doesn't mean we can defeat her at her strongest, even Ion said the real Agramar could just crush us like ants. Illidan cannot contain Sargeras, the Pantheon imprisoned him with his power, the power of Argus, and possibly the power of the Throne of the Pantheon. Illidan just stayed there as the Jailer

Do you realize that a Titan's avatar is only a tiny fraction of a Titan's power? Just because we could kill Eonar at her weakest doesn't mean we can defeat her at her strongest, even Ion said the real Agramar could just crush us like ants. Illidan cannot contain Sargeras, the Pantheon imprisoned him with his power, the power of Argus, and possibly the power of the Throne of the Pantheon. Illidan just stayed there as the Jailer
    And Broxigar was able to wound Sargeras, the titan that was powerful enough to best all the others. And through that wound, Sargeras was defeated. Krasus and some other casters used that to distract the titan, and Malfurion and Illidan sealed the portal. Mortal-level characters have beaten titans. It may even, with enough setup, be possible to kill a living titan (not just their soul). While titans should always be a big deal, I would never assume that, with the narrative we've had in the past, anything is beyond mortals' ability to deal with.

And Broxigar was able to wound Sargeras, the titan that was powerful enough to best all the others. And through that wound, Sargeras was defeated. Krasus and some other casters used that to distract the titan, and Malfurion and Illidan sealed the portal. Mortal-level characters have beaten titans. It may even, with enough setup, be possible to kill a living titan (not just their soul). While titans should always be a big deal, I would never assume that, with the narrative we've had in the past, anything is beyond mortals' ability to deal with.
    There so many mistakes...

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    It was allegedly Sargeras himself in the War of the Ancients trilogy. Broxigar's remains were recovered on Argus after he jumped through the portal, where the Krokul built a monument to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanrius View Post
    Who would win in a fight between these two beings who seem comparable in power.

Both in their prime and on neutral ground without outside interference.
    Archimonde was/is quite the beast, and certainly a threat to the Shadowlands and its denizens, but Denathrius in his realm? I doubt Archimonde alone would win that.
    But the weakened Denathrius essentially locked in his castle? Yeah, that is something Archimonde would win.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Broxigar barely scratched Sargeras with his super-axe (the second most powerful weapon in the history of Azeroth) and Sargeras was defeated because this scratch was shot from the Dragon Soul (the most powerful weapon in the history of Azeroth) and even so the author specifically emphasized that Sargeras did not feel pain from that shot, but was instinctively distracted by this minor lash and it broke his concentration and maintenance of the portal, which is why Malfurion was able to close it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in my day, when we had questions like this, we got out the rulebooks, homebrewed where we needed to, statted them out, and started rolling dice.

Quote Originally Posted by Grax View Post
    Back in my day, when we had questions like this, we got out the rulebooks, homebrewed where we needed to, statted them out, and started rolling dice.
    Did you make the Phoenix Lords equal to the primarchs on TT? Because they are in lore

Broxigar barely scratched Sargeras with his super-axe (the second most powerful weapon in the history of Azeroth) and Sargeras was defeated because this scratch was shot from the Dragon Soul (the most powerful weapon in the history of Azeroth) and even so the author specifically emphasized that Sargeras did not feel pain from that shot, but was instinctively distracted by this minor lash and it broke his concentration and maintenance of the portal, which is why Malfurion was able to close it.
    And using these weapons, mortal-level characters beat a titan. They didn't kill him, but I was talking about defeating them. And this was the most powerful titan known. If someone like Aman'thul went crazy and needed to be dealt with, I wouldn't be surprised if the narrative had us dealing with him. It should rightfully be a big deal, but I wouldn't put anything off limits in WoW (except maybe consistent writing).

And using these weapons, mortal-level characters beat a titan. They didn't kill him, but I was talking about defeating them. And this was the most powerful titan known. If someone like Aman'thul went crazy and needed to be dealt with, I wouldn't be surprised if the narrative had us dealing with him. It should rightfully be a big deal, but I wouldn't put anything off limits in WoW (except maybe consistent writing).
    What are you talking about? Mortals will never defeat a Titan with full power

Denathrius absolutely

Archimonde is just a pumped up eredar, a toy Sargeras played with.
    Sargeras consumed a ton of power since he fell to corruption but even he was vulnerable to the Titans power (on their throne).

Denathrius and his "siblings" are around equal to titans or greater than.
    This was talked about before/during SLands.

Archimonde is powerful but he is not the same rank as titans/similar.