Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Oh my God blizzard is sensitive. I feel like I'm in elementary school or something

Hadn't played IN A YEAR. Come back, make a new hunter with the name MilfHuntard. NOTE: THE NAME "MILFHUNTER" WAS TAKEN, so clearly someone is using a near identical name.

I play for two weeks, get to level 30, no problems. Today I'm looking for group for stockades and posting it in the chat channels, and boom--DC'd. Relog and I'm banned for 4 days. I'm like WHAT. Email says my awesome, amazing, sweet, super cool fellow players reported my name. Oh how fun! What a terrific in-game report system that totally isn't abused! (/s)

I appeal and am hit with a templated response. Expected, considering Blizzard customer support is just a bunch of minimum wage monkeys trained to click a few buttons--no brain required.

Very interesting to give an account that hasn't played in a year, but has been a customer for a decade or more, an immediate 4 day ban for a name that clearly wasn't "offensive" enough for your filtering system to pick up on creation...

Joke game. Joke player base. Joke customer support.

Yup. That's what happens when a games company gets converged.

its probably the word huntard, rather than milf.

as its used to name call hunters that play like r....

and that probably gives new players who are bad, a bad experience

i feel like they're probably stricter than most games though.. and i'd rather they encourage good behavior rather than enforce crap like this

Quote Originally Posted by Adam552 View Post
    its probably the word huntard, rather than milf.

as its used to name call hunters that play like r....

and that probably gives new players who are bad, a bad experience
    Being called a name in a video game is a bad experience? I dread to imagine how such a thin skinned person could survive in the workplace.

This is World of Warcraft. Rough and tumble is part of the experience. Final Fantasy is over there if you want faux politeness 24/7, but you're just trading honesty for passive aggressiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Being called a name in a video game is a bad experience? I dread to imagine how such a thin skinned person could survive in the workplace.
    not what I think, what they think

I feel like I'm in elementary school or something
    It's a shame that elementary school students can act more mature than a supposed adult in a video game. There are consequences to our actions. You are now dealing with those consequences. Learn from it. Grow from it. Mature from it rather than being so "sensitive" over getting reprimanded for your bad behavior in a video game, that you had to run to another forum to whine about it. And maybe next time you play an online video game you'll think twice before using a name in such poor taste.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2022-05-13 at 10:33 PM.

Name is clearly against the ToS. If you choose a name that goes against the rules, you're essentially at the mercy of other users reporting your name.

What's particularly funny here is how you complain about Blizzard being sensitive, yet you seem to be very, very upset about actions taken against you for breaking the rules. Maybe you need to lighten up a bit and not be so sensitive yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Weak bait thread. Mods, do your thing.
    Begone incel.

maybe u should have picked a better name

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    It's a shame that elementary school students can act more mature than a supposed adult in a video game. There are consequences to our actions. You are now dealing with those consequences. Learn from it. Grow from it. Mature from it rather than being so "sensitive" over getting reprimanded for your bad behavior in a video game that you had to run to another forum to whine about it. And maybe next time you play an online video game you'll think twice before using a name in such poor taste.
    Do you actually believe this drivel you wrote? Ever thought some people actually have a sense of humor, unlike you? Sheesh you most be a blast at parties.

How do you even go through life being offended so easily?

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    Name is clearly against the ToS. If you choose a name that goes against the rules, you're essentially at the mercy of other users reporting your name.

What's particularly funny here is how you complain about Blizzard being sensitive, yet you seem to be very, very upset about actions taken against you for breaking the rules. Maybe you need to lighten up a bit and not be so sensitive yourself?
    Great comparison. Especially considering I'm paying for the time that they're taking away. Try again, sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Erkor View Post
    maybe u should have picked a better name
    True. I should've picked "Erkor", but then I'd have been ban banned for being an incel.
    Last edited by TheNicestFellow; 2022-05-13 at 10:38 PM.

I got banned for Tacklebutt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigwinner View Post
    I got banned for Tacklebutt.
    Absolutely ridiculous. It's clear that they're automated system is doing this. Blizzard shills say a GM has the final say, but that's clearly BS.

I suggest trying a name that does not include a play on the word "retard" in any way and you will be okay.

I don't know why this has to be said tho.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNicestFellow View Post
    Hadn't played IN A YEAR. Come back, make a new hunter with the name MilfHuntard. NOTE: THE NAME "MILFHUNTER" WAS TAKEN, so clearly someone is using a near identical name.

I play for two weeks, get to level 30, no problems. Today I'm looking for group for stockades and posting it in the chat channels, and boom--DC'd. Relog and I'm banned for 4 days. I'm like WHAT. Email says my awesome, amazing, sweet, super cool fellow players reported my name. Oh how fun! What a terrific in-game report system that totally isn't abused! (/s)

I appeal and am hit with a templated response. Expected, considering Blizzard customer support is just a bunch of minimum wage monkeys trained to click a few buttons--no brain required.

Very interesting to give an account that hasn't played in a year, but has been a customer for a decade or more, an immediate 4 day ban for a name that clearly wasn't "offensive" enough for your filtering system to pick up on creation...

So you made a character with a name some people might take offence to and then got offended when people reported the name for breaking the naming rules that you agreed to upon creation of your account.

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/34530

and resorting to calling people names does not really help your case.

Let's see.
    MILF stands for 'Mother I'd like to fuck'.
    'Tard' is short/slang form of 'retard', a slur aimed at the mentally handicapped

Blizzard's Code of Conduct
    https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/42673

Communication:
    'Hate speech and discriminatory language is inappropriate, as is any obscene or disruptive language.'
    Naming:
    'Names are subject to the same rules established above.'

Discrimnatory language? Check. Obscene or disruptive language? Check.

Would you look at that.
    OP breaks Blizzard's rules, gets punished, goes to cry on a forum and calls Blizzard sensitive.
    Spoiled child: confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at your posts you've made, I'm going to conclude that it wasn't just the name, or the name at all, that got you banned.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNicestFellow View Post

I guess to ban you was a good decision.

The way you talk, and what names you select for your character says alot about you - so i am glad i dont need to see you ingame...

Quote Originally Posted by Khasim92 View Post
    Let's see.
    'Tard' is short/slang form of 'retard', a slur aimed at the mentally handicapped

Communication:
    'Hate speech and discriminatory language is inappropriate, as is any obscene or disruptive language.'
    Naming:

Would you look at that.
    OP breaks Blizzard's rules, gets punished, goes to cry on a forum and calls Blizzard sensitive.
    Not only broke rules, he broke the rules he agreed to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Khasim92 View Post
    Let's see.

Communication:
    Naming:

Would you look at that.
    And neither was picked up by their language filter on character creation. So your point is invalid. Extra invalid considering there's a player with the name "MILFHUNTER" already on the server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This isn't the place to discuss official bans or sanctions from Blizzard, as nothing about your report can be substantiated here, nor are these forums your personal blog. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead