Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    He would easily become the most hated racial leader. Magister Umbric is [wrongfully btw] despised and persecuted by the community for the sin of "being an asspull" and "not having enough backstory", so certainly that random stone guy would be even more hated. He'd be made racial leader with only 1 minute of a cinematic to his name, where he didn't even say one word.
    Stone guy already has more fans then umbric ever had lol.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    He would easily become the most hated racial leader. Magister Umbric is [wrongfully btw] despised and persecuted by the community for the sin of "being an asspull" and "not having enough backstory", so certainly that random stone guy would be even more hated. He'd be made racial leader with only 1 minute of a cinematic to his name, where he didn't even say one word.
    I've never seen Umbric hate. And currently, people are mad they made some old troll the racial leader of the Darkspear when Zappy Boi was much more popular.

Umbric was made a racial leader after not existing at all, so already Stone Bro, with five minutes of cinematic time, is already on much better footing, AND he's popular.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    What's your source for this? I was under the impression the black dragonflight abilities were kind of the base class spells, while the specs focused on red/blue and green/bronze.
    It's on wowhead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    It's on wowhead
    Yeah, that Wowhead article is a bit off. This for example;

Is arcane, not frost. I also think the blue breath attack shown was also arcane-based, not frost.

As for the lack of black dragon spells, that's also highly doubtful. The developers mentioned that the class uses the magic of all 5 dragonflights, so black dragon magic is more than likely make up the core abilities (which makes sense, because their creator is a black dragon). Also this attack;

Comes directly from Onyxia.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Stone guy already has more fans then umbric ever had lol.
    Who is Umbric
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Is arcane, not frost. I also think the blue breath attack shown was also arcane-based, not frost.
    Aren't those snowflakes scattering after impact? Kind of looks like arcane woven with frost or something with all the purple. It's cool!

10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't those snowflakes scattering after impact? Kind of looks like arcane woven with frost or something with all the purple. It's cool!
    I would think Blue Dragons are definitely more then just Arcane, they focus on magic itself so they could do Frost Fire to and not just arcane.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not aware of Blue dragons utilizing frost breath, I thought those were only Frost Wyrms/Undead dragons? I know Malygos uses Arcane Breath which looks similar to those blue Evoker abilities;

EDIT: In fact, Malygos' ability set might be an indicator of what abilities end up in the Devastation spec;

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=28859/ma...ities;mode:n25

I'm not aware of Blue dragons utilizing frost breath, I thought those were only Frost Wyrms/Undead dragons?

Yeah, it's just this definitely looks all snowy to me.

God I want more news...

God I want more news...
    It also has strong arcane vibes in the colour scheme, though. It's not exclusively one or the other.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Who is Umbric
    What is a Umbric?

I'm not aware of Blue dragons utilizing frost breath, I thought those were only Frost Wyrms/Undead dragons? I know Malygos uses Arcane Breath which looks similar to those blue Evoker abilities;
    It's a lot rarer but it's a known thing, there's a few dragons who deviate from their "normal" breath weapons

I think if you stick around picking fights with dragons and drakes in Coldarra and Malygos-associate dungeons you'll have one or two hit you with a frost magic spell. It makes sense in old debatably-canon RPG lore saying Frost magic was generally preferred by long-living mages because it's much easier to control.

Actually, after a quick search, one of the first results I found in WoWhead's database of the "Frost breath" spell belongs to Kalecgos.
    Last edited by Veluren; 2022-05-14 at 10:16 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    What is a Umbric?
    Why is Umbric?!

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account

Hmmm I definitely see your point there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    It's a lot rarer but it's a known thing, there's a few dragons who deviate from their "normal" breath weapons

I think if you stick around picking fights with dragons and drakes in Coldarra and Malygos-associate dungeons you'll have one or two hit you with a frost magic spell. It makes sense in old debatably-canon RPG lore saying Frost magic was generally preferred by long-living mages because it's much easier to control.

Actually, after a quick search, one of the first results I found in WoWhead's database of the "Frost breath" spell belongs to Kalecgos.
    Yeah, that definitely could end up being an ability. The devs did say that the blue breath attack “disintegrates” targets, so the breath could be a fusion of some kind.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Why is Umbric?!
    How is Umbric?

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    How is Umbric?
    Whom is Umbric?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Whom is Umbric?
    Whence is Umbric?
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Ya'll are stealing all the good questions for Umbric, I'll have to sit and think and get back to you with one in a few months

It'll be an Um-brick Joke

10+ Year Old Account
    Keeping up with the trend that Blizzard established (perhaps not intended, though) of killing off characters that are featured both in an expansion's cinematic and also in the expansion's story.

In WoD, Garrosh. In Legion, Varian. In BfA, Saurfang. In Shadowlands, Krexus... but that wasn't the actual SL cinematic. I could go as far to say the Lich King as a concept was killed off, but you know...

So now with DF's cinematic it is mostly just "Stone Bro" and Alexstrasza. One of them is definitely biting the dust by the end of the expansion... right? Maybe both?
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2022-05-14 at 02:13 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duoberus View Post
    Keeping up with the trend that Blizzard established (perhaps not intended, though) of killing off characters that are featured both in an expansion's cinematic and also in the expansion's story.

In WoD, Garrosh. In Legion, Varian. In BfA, Saurfang. In Shadowlands, Krexus... but that wasn't the actual SL cinematic. I could go as far to say the Lich King as a concept was killed off, but you know...

So now with DF's cinematic it is mostly just "Stone Bro" and Alexstrasza. One of them is definitely biting the dust by the end of the expansion... right? Maybe both?
    Or none of both. Dragonflight is the first time Steve can show us what he can do with lore and Shadowlands was the last expansion tainted by Afrasiabi's influence. I doubt they will kill of Alextrasza nor Stony Tony (that's his nick name, not stone bro ... ewww .... stone bro sounds super toxic).

#TEAMGIRAFFE