Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Blizzard has confirmed that you will only be able to "fly" in the Dragon Isles using the new Dragonriding system. Your broader mount collection will act only as ground mounts in the new zones.

In an interview with AusGamers, Jeremy Feasel spoke more about the new system, including details about how it will allow you to travel faster than existing mount speeds and an idea about how the system will work in practice.

https://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/3639901

https://www.wowhead.com/news/flying-...-dragon-326774
    You can't fly in World of Warcraft. You can only swim through the air with style.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Herald66 View Post
    Sadly the new expansion is not named dragon isle, its called dragon flight. What means to me the main content in the open world will be that dragon flight thing. Beside the dragon flight nothing else so far announced for 10.0 open world content.
    uhm....im pretty sure dragon flight refers to the group of dragons,and not the flying system,its the same like saying a murder of crows or a herd of sheep

10+ Year Old Account
    and? 10 chars
    If you couldn't read, it was an update to the thread, that we can fly on the Dragon Isles through Dragon riding and later, normal mounts, not just glorified gliding
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Blizzard already confirmed normal flying is the plan later for “convenience”. How did all of you missed that interview that was posted on here? Lol

- - - Updated - - -Blizz is never going to repeat the stupidity of WOD and remove flying. Why in the world do you think they’d wanna massive complaint AGAIN. Did you forget they lost so many subs they had to do a complete 180?

- - - Updated - - -

I guarantee you the bean counters at activision will never allow a mention of removing flying again because it would cost way too much money in lost subs. It doesn’t matter what developers want they’re not gonna be allowed to remove regular flying
    Last edited by jedimike; 2022-05-08 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    funnily enough blizzard has already said it is MUCH faster then normal flying, but you have to actually think when using it, which apparently people dont want to do, and they dont like change.
    People want to move from A to B as quickly as possible. I think i will enjoy it for the first few days but after all the Ohhh Ahhh Weeee wears off i will hate it. I could be wrong but don't think i could be arsed diving and swooping on my way to my destination every time. Will have to try it out first.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    My main fear isnt flying itself but the verticality of the zones. If height is the main way we fly/glide then we are going to have to a lot of unnecessary climbing. This sounds like a nightmare for gatherers.
    If they're smart they will add torrents the way they do in Elden Ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    People want to move from A to B as quickly as possible. I think i will enjoy it for the first few days but after all the Ohhh Ahhh Weeee wears off i will hate it. I could be wrong but don't think i could be arsed diving and swooping on my way to my destination every time. Will have to try it out first.
    I think it really just depends on how interactive they make the system. If they actually make it something you can get really good at I think it will be really fun especially if it makes you get to point A to B really fast depending on how good you are

Something like this looks fun as hell tbh and seems like it would be nice to learn how to get good at it.

If it's a boring system like this however

Yeah that would get boring practically instantly

Quote Originally Posted by Royru View Post
    I think it really just depends on how interactive they make the system. If they actually make it something you can get really good at I think it will be really fun especially if it makes you get to point A to B really fast depending on how good you are

Something like this looks fun as hell tbh and seems like it would be nice to learn how to get good at it.

Really curious how they will handle the controls of it.
    Right-click turning is instant so you can change direction without any trouble and it'll react instantly. Usually immersive flying requires some for of inertia...
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Right-click turning is instant so you can change direction without any trouble and it'll react instantly. Usually immersive flying requires some for of inertia...
    Yeah “flying” it’s its current form is instant. You can have autoflying on change your view to behind you and right click and it will instantly go 180.

I’m assuming this isn’t going to be how dragon flying works I would bet it for sure uses inertia. At the very least similar to how a vehicle works in wow like in strand of the ancients where your turn is an actual turn and not a snap

I mean #1 is literally what they showed us, #2 is basically what we have now but every so often you get a speed boost you can use.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I mean #1 is literally what they showed us, #2 is basically what we have now but every so often you get a speed boost you can use.
    Uhh idk what you saw but we def didn’t see this type of flying. We saw flying where you speed up when you go straight down and we saw him do a little spin.

Both of those things are also present in #2 if you have ever played the game.

Blizzard has confirmed that you will only be able to "fly" in the Dragon Isles using the new Dragonriding system. Your broader mount collection will act only as ground mounts in the new zones.

In an interview with AusGamers, Jeremy Feasel spoke more about the new system, including details about how it will allow you to travel faster than existing mount speeds and an idea about how the system will work in practice.

https://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/3639901

https://www.wowhead.com/news/flying-...-dragon-326774
    are you sure you can even glide ? i just ask for Homer.

That looks super fun in the first vid. That is GW2 right? I ain't played that game in years. If it is like that then hell yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Vehicles already can have a limit to their turn rate.

Dragonflying is renown, your mount learning to fly is timegated. So it will unlock and become flying over time, just probably around when you would have reached renown 20-40

Quote Originally Posted by GMZohar1 View Post
    Dragonflying is renown, your mount learning to fly is timegated. So it will unlock and become flying over time, just probably around when you would have reached renown 20-40
    You're mixing up a whole lot of different things there. Renown isn't timegating, and last they talked about it they hadn't even decided exactly how you improve Dragonflying.

Renown is being used as a replacement for the Reputation system and so far doesn't appear to have anything to do with Dragonflying whatsoever.

There's no guarantee that we can ever fly in the Dragon Isle with our normal mount, ever

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, you need to be able to accumulate enough updraft and speed to be able to traverse obstacles and mobs to reach from A and B when using Dragonflight. Most likely you need to do the mechanic 2-3 or maybe 4-5 times before you reach your destiny and you probably get stuck somewhere with mobs you have to fight. There's no guarantee you can evade them unlike using normal flying.

Yeah, Except for Ion Literally saying it will... soo your incorrect.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/full-fl...nflight-326874
    Rejoice, For very bad things are about to happen...

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You're mixing up a whole lot of different things there. Renown isn't timegating, and last they talked about it they hadn't even decided exactly how you improve Dragonflying.

Renown is being used as a replacement for the Reputation system and so far doesn't appear to have anything to do with Dragonflying whatsoever.
    This is just people spouting the same 3 things of misinformation over 20 pages

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Most abominations were shitty in combat.

Neena was only useful to get the mount to drop and then forgotten.
    The little guy who finds stuff (forgot his name) got flush with the bath water, once you had gotten enough (700) tokens for the cosmetic armor. He couldn't harm a fly.

The only abom was was worth anything is the tanky one, that could actually tank the bosses in Theater of Pain (and survive).
    There were a couple tanky ones. Toothpick? Iron Phillip? Guillotine? Marz?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

A fair few people in this thread really need to spend some of the downtime between now and expansion launch trying out GW2 and their mounts. It's clear that's where the inspiration is taken from. I'm pleased, I just hope they keep going. GW2 mounts are fucking amazing. It's always sad having to come back to WoW's mounts when I've spent some time on GW2.

But then, this argument has increasingly, given time and endless threads, just turned into children screaming "I WANT MY FLYER!!!!" over and over.