Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Provide a SINGLE link that says those who are autistic are "more easily convinced they are trans". Just ONE link. Not one drawing a correlation, but one proving CAUSATION.

As it stands, this is your argument - "all trans people drink water - therefore water is PREYING on people and CONVINCING them they are trans".
    Why are you CONSTANTLY talking like THIS? I know you think it's emphasising but it's really exposing how stunted you are. Get a grip.
    I <3 JK Rowling.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Transsexuality, contrary to the name, isn't a sexuality and paraphilias are partly social. You won't know if you don't enjoy some things until you try them, and to try them you have to be exposed to them.
    that wasn't my question, you would know, you quoted it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Set my gander to max. I need to have max gender....
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    that wasn't my question, you would know, you quoted it.
    If you must know I didn't know for sure I was I didn't enjoy foot fetishism until a footjob was just as disappointing and awkward as I feared.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

do you know what words mean?

point to what I have said and done so far to be "bigoted" beyond asking you totally valid questions, what's with the victim complex?

no, you're arguing that treating groups of people like shit is a valid stance to have. I don't accept that, no one should.
    Are you going to even read my posts? I linked the definition of bigoted to you already, but maybe you missed it. Bigotry: Noun: obstinate or intolerant devotion to one's own opinions and prejudices.

Just read the definition and read the part in bold you wrote to me. I should also note that I did not say anything about treating people like shit. I said it's a valid idea to have. It exists in literally everyone. We can make laws around actions, but we aren't getting into the thought police which means freedom of speech and expression is not up for debate.
    Last edited by Goatfish; 2022-05-14 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Why are you CONSTANTLY talking like THIS? I know you think it's emphasising but it's really exposing how stunted you are. Get a grip.
    Why am i constantly emphasizing terms previously used by the person im responding to? Clarity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    If you must know I didn't know for sure I was I didn't enjoy foot fetishism until a footjob was just as disappointing and awkward as I feared.
    That example doesnt prove anything. To support your argument, you should have used an example where you didn't think you would enjoy something, but then you tried it and did enjoy it. If anything, you countered your own argument.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2022-05-14 at 07:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    Are you going to even read my posts?
    I do, they make no sense, they are contradictory from start to finish.

actually explain how I'm bigoted. do it, I dare you.

what have I said or done beyond asking you valid questions? I'm not trying to pull a fast one on you, you have all the time and resources to make an actual point.

- - - Updated - - -

or is this so stupid that it really boils down to me disagreeing with you, on anything, makes me a bigot? towards you?

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    That example doesnt prove anything. To support your argument, you should have used an example where you didn't think you would enjoy something, but then did enjoy it. If anything, you countered your own argument.
    Au contrair, I went into something unsure what to expect and came out disappointed. The exact opposite experience I had with eating yams, for example. It could be that if it were better performed I'd have come out with a better impression, like how the yams were well made. But when it comes to things you'd otherwise never even think of you have to be exposed to them in the first place. The autist, given a different outlet, could very much develop a different paraphilia, but if he's sold on transsexuality he's more likely to pick it up than a non-autist. Same with teenage girls with ROGD. Ten years ago they'd be bi-curious, twenty years ago they'd be goths.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2022-05-14 at 07:37 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    It is sad but it is a tool that is generated out of the demand and outcry of fans. This is proof that monsters can be created by demanding more and more, in the end, someone is going to put too much on the pile, and it'll tilt - which we see now. I just truly hope (as I can't see it in the text) that the chart is just a reference tool and not a mandatory tool.
    Barring all the insane chatter in this thread. Yeah it looks very much like an AI/Machine Learning tool to cover their bias on character creation. Also people are getting angry at Overwatch even though it has a pretty diverse cast of characters for a AAA title compared to most. Weird thing to get angry at. I do get the sentiment that these characters are being distilled to pokemonesque traits and can probably be randomly generated and/or curated in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Troll View Post
    Barring all the insane chatter in this thread. Yeah it looks very much like an AI/Machine Learning tool to cover their bias on character creation. Also people are getting angry at Overwatch even though it has a pretty diverse cast of characters for a AAA title compared to most. Weird thing to get angry at. I do get the sentiment that these characters are being distilled to pokemonesque traits and can probably be randomly generated and/or curated in the future.
    See thats what I was saying, as a correction to cover the multicultural origins of characters in Overwatch this could be fine. and I hope its used for stuff like that. the problem I have is how they are treating gender and sexual orientation as a statistic and slider, I know i isnt intended but its basically what it looks like, I mean how gender do I need to be to be max gender lol :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-05-14 at 07:45 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

There is plenty of reason. Dumbledore being gay has nothing to do with the story.

oh boy,more dishonesty i see,this wasnt about dumbledore,they wwere crying about overwatch,a new ip with no history behind it

I do, they make no sense, they are contradictory from start to finish.

actually explain how I'm bigoted. do it, I dare you.

what have I said or done beyond asking you valid questions? I'm not trying to pull a fast one on you, you have all the time and resources to make an actual point.

- - - Updated - - -

or is this so stupid that it really boils down to me disagreeing with you, on anything, makes me a bigot? towards you?
    So you said: "you're arguing that X is a valid stance to have. I don't accept that, no one should."
    The definition is: obstinate or intolerant devotion to one's own opinions and prejudices.

You are saying that you are (and everyone else should be) intolerant of the belief you think that I have based on your own opinion. Which means that you have a stubborn/obstinate devotion/dedication to your own belief. This is why I am saying that bigotry is common, it's in everyone. It's always been in everyone, this is why writers like the infamous Ibram X. Kendi says things like "The only cure to future racism is current racism". You must be intolerant of the intolerant even though that also makes you intolerant. It's really nothing deep, it's just common fucking sense that you need to be intolerant of some things.

I think what you mean to say is that you don't like certain flavors of bigotry, but trying to get rid of it altogether is worthless platitudes to make you sound good.

Ah yes, because fantasy world needs to be exactly like the one we live in... And in this fantasy world you have to be the same person you are in our one. So boring. So stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    oh boy,more dishonesty i see,this wasnt about dumbledore,they wwere crying about overwatch,a new ip with no history behind it
    I don't like Overwatch to begin with, so I don't really know the lore. I'm sure Tracer being gay has nothing to do with the gameplay or whatever little story there is in that style of game. Her being labeled as a lesbian is just to add another tag for marketing, if I were a lesbian I would be offended. I mean did they go through and make sure to call out the sexual orientation of every character? Why call just that one out? Why call any of them out to begin with? It's a fucking shooter, no one cares except the fanfic creepers, the very few rad fems that play bliz games and the x rated artists that would draw her as a lesbian anyway.
    Last edited by Goatfish; 2022-05-14 at 07:52 AM.

So you said: "you're arguing that X is a valid stance to have. I don't accept that, no one should."
    The definition is: obstinate or intolerant devotion to one's own opinions and prejudices.
    Jesus fucking Christ, of course it's "you being against bigotry in fact makes YOU the bigot!"

I really should stop giving posters on this forum the benefit of the doubt that their opinions aren't the same canned bigotry you find elsewhere.

I think what you mean to say is that you don't like certain flavors of bigotry
    you think, and you thought wrong. me having this thing called a moral compass doesn't exist to please random people such as yourself.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2022-05-14 at 08:01 AM.

A logical next step would be to integrate this tool during a players character creation

I don't like Overwatch to begin with, so I don't really know the lore. I'm sure Tracer being gay has nothing to do with the gameplay or whatever little story there is in that style of game. Her being labeled as a lesbian is just to add another tag for marketing, if I were a lesbian I would be offended. I mean did they go through and make sure to call out the sexual orientation of every character? Why call just that one out? Why call any of them out to begin with? It's a fucking shooter, no one cares except the fanfic creepers, the very few rad fems that play bliz games and the x rated artists that would draw her as a lesbian anyway.
    im not denying that their reason for mentioning their sexuality isnt to score social points,companies arent people,they would be pro slavery if the political climate was favorable to it

the thing i have an issue with is people are ofended by their sheer existance no matter what,if there is a gay person in ANY show,at ANY time...for ANY reason,you lot go berserk

Jesus fucking Christ of course it's "you being against bigotry in fact makes YOU the bigot!"

I really should stop giving posters on this forum the benefit of the doubt that their opinions aren't the same canned bigotry you find elsewhere.
    It's not my fault that the definition of words isn't some fluid thing that means exactly what you want it to mean. This is why we all have to learn to speak fucking English, and not adapt English to fit our own internal lexicon. Saying all bigotry is bad is factually wrong and a worthless platitude. Saying a certain type of bigotry is bad actually makes sense. If you can learn to properly explain your thoughts in proper English than maybe you can start to have productive conversations where you aren't speaking actual nonsense and you can learn to understand what other people are writing.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    the thing i have an issue with is people are ofended by their sheer existance no matter what,if there is a gay person in ANY show,at ANY time...for ANY reason,you lot go berserk
    That's a rather hurtful assumption there. I personally don't have any problem with natural diversity in a show. But right now it's pretty much forced into all shows like a mandatory formula. It's so blatantly obvious that it just ruins the immersion because it brings politics into entertainment.

Saying all bigotry is bad is factually wrong and a worthless platitude.
    galaxy brained take. be sure to share some of those IQ points with the rest of us. o supreme arbiter of the English language.