Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Because this is a chart made by an HR committee and you're attributing it to others. Chances are people from minority groups werent even consulted on this, or if they were they knew to nod their heads and keep their mouths shut.
    If even minority groups that this agenda pertains to dare not speak out against it then that's all the more reason to start speaking out against it. You'd be doing them a favour.

This tool is dumb.. and literally a work around to be lazy as a dev community.

Wanna know why 80% of the lead where white male, because 80% of your fucking writers and ceo that green light stuff are white males. Let people with different experiences write and green light story and this is an unneeded garbage tool. But i guess its easier to remain with 80% white male worker and have them use that tool lol.

This isn't about creating diversity at all. This is about HR shielding the company from criticism.

Overwatch was made with diverse characters because the developers cared about it, and it's a great setting exactly because of those characters. It was not because of this tool of a tool that didn't even exist a few months ago.

I guess its a ok tool? Funny to use quantitave data like this when engaging in the specre of creating cool, interesting & engaging characters that are supposed to live and interact with others in a digital gaming world.

I've played games, watched series & movies with gays, lesbians, trans, men, women, blacks, whites, brown+++. I've never given a shit about those attributes cause if I do, the gender(as example) is put in front.

Example: Lara Croft in tomb raider is not a adventorus badass that explores excotic places, takes out foes with style & find great treasures. She is, first and foremost, a woman. If we think like this, her gender is most important. The first things I mentioned is something she does, but the gender is put in focus. This doesnt happen in the games though.

Theres plenty of examples like this, were the gender or sexual orientation really aint the vocal point of the story thats told.

If anyone have seen The Wire, theres a black man there named Omar. Great character on the show, and guess what? Hes gay. But, thats not the vocal point of the story of Omar in Baltimore. Its not forced upon the viewer, its not shoehorned into the story of how Omar were a badass. There was alot more to him than that and he is one of the most beloved characters from that show.

My point is that I fear tools like this makes for shallow characters without any real depth or relevance, ontop of forcing the gender or sexual orientation at center stage. Like these people(real & made up characters in a game) really want THAT to be all they are.

Holy f...
    I just want to progress with friends through WotLK (like 4th of 5th time) and im out of this Bli$$ard ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    You should stop tilting at windmills. The issue right now is that this ridiculous gender shit is all any of us hear about anymore. It's literally consumed the media landscape, partially because of things like the Oscars I believe has quotas to put these people into any show that wants to get nominated. So it's not just one show, but nigh every show, and it's usually not important to the greater narrative at all so it's obviously put in place for social points and nomination potential. Quotas have always been bad, people hate them, and they hate being reminded of them by seeing them in action on every major production.

Do you think it's possible that most of these people don't actually hate gay people, but hate that they are being propped up front and center in everything coming out because some award show made that a requirement? I'm gay and I find it fucking disgusting. Can you imagine being the person hired and wondering if the only reason you got the roll was because you were helping them meet a quota?
    you seeing a gay person and losing your shit is what i see the landscape being consumed by lol

This is so insulting to basically anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    did you miss the memo?, in America slavery is legal, and is encouraged in fact, and not only that but demanding change in any way causes politicians to loose their jobs.
    oh god,not another slavery still exists in america because wages and companies suck meme.....yes we know,its a shity situation,but comparing it to actual slavery is lunacy

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently the backlash of this tool has made them rethink or acknowledge that it was in testing not something they are using. which proves when both sides of the internet spectrum are pissed and laughing at you, you done fucked up xD

https://www.wowhead.com/news/activis...y-space-327055
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-05-14 at 09:41 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    they hire people who believe this and become part of their company

this is not exactly manipulative or fake

these people are like an infection they are part of Blizzard they are Blizzard anyone inside the company who stands up against them will likely be fired and the problem will keep getting worse
    They hire HR people who dont know what they're talking about*

Fixed that for you.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    That's a rather hurtful assumption there. I personally don't have any problem with natural diversity in a show. But right now it's pretty much forced into all shows like a mandatory formula. It's so blatantly obvious that it just ruins the immersion because it brings politics into entertainment.
    why dont you lose your shit when a show has 100% heterosexual couples?but when a show with a cast of 100+ has ONE queer couple,you lot lose your minds and call it forced automaticaly,what is even the difference in your mind from a natural one vs a forced one?i would love to have your amazing instict and queer detection skils

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Apparently the backlash of this tool has made them rethink or acknowledge that it was in testing not something they are using. which proves when both sides of the internet spectrum are pissed and laughing at you, you done fucked up xD

https://www.wowhead.com/news/activis...y-space-327055
    Yeah, of course they are not using it after working on it for years . Sometimes I wonder: Who tf in their PR department keeps greenlighting these blogposts? Okay, the answer is "a lawyer", but still. How could anyone have thought that this was a good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Holy f...
    I just want to progress with friends through WotLK (like 4th of 5th time) and im out of this Bli$$ard ship.
    someone didnt read, this has nothing to do with blizzard, its a king creation.

or you gunna start complaining about candy crush now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Yeah, of course they are not using it after working on it for years . Sometimes I wonder: Who tf in their PR department keeps greenlighting these blogposts? Okay, the answer is "a lawyer", but still. How could anyone have thought that this was a good idea?
    Blizzard reputation is so damaged after that California lawsuit, you consider that the people who were hurt during that mess were mostly minorities and women and blizzard are and will try and anything to try and get on that good side again. Remember when that article came out that Blizzard are finding it hard to recruit new people, this is why they are going to these extremes, its like a desperate plea. And as a member of the LGBT community I know no matter how hard they think they have changed I would never work for that company (I already stopped playing their games even before the scandal happened lol). and I pity any who do. Its desperation that's all this is, and its kind of sad to watch.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-05-14 at 09:52 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    oh god,not another slavery still exists in america because wages and companies suck meme.....yes we know,its a shity situation,but comparing it to actual slavery is lunacy
    i think they are more so talking about the prison system, which yeah is... very very very very bad

10+ Year Old Account
    Rethinking it a bit, this tool is unethical.

It's practically assigning a social score to characters and by proxy to humans. The post that said "switch the supposed virtues to supposed vices" did leave an impression.

Furthermore the tool itself is made by people with their own set of beliefs, so it is tainted from the get go whether it's score weights or categories.

So yes, ActiBlizz shot themselves in the foot again with this thing. They still don't understand the whole issue at hand and keep stepping on these self produced PR landmines, their leadership is way too much in love with their spreadsheets and numbers and they can't wrap their heads around the fact that some things probably should not be turned into cold numbers.

This is the kind of inclusion and recognition that minorities wanted, a machine telling writers that they should make their characters 12.67% more <INSERT_VALUE>.

Nothing makes you feel valued and understood like automated algorithms.

Y'know, I'm usually of the mind that discrimination isn't as rampant and systemic as some claim it is. But the fact that a fairly sizeable chain of people not only didn't see an issue with this thing, which seems like a joke from South Park; but even thought it was progressive, is pretty fucking damning.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2022-05-14 at 10:05 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    lmao. Actually pathetic. Can these fuckheads just pull their heads in already.

Take all the empathy out of American left policies, add a pretend-scientific corporate sauce and you have this extremely racist tool, that allows developers to create heartless and cold characters while soothing their own conscience.

I really don't know if I need to say more, peoples immutable characters should not matter when it comes to determining their value, or the value of their achievements, or their value as a character in a game. I do not personally like how much they are emphasized in America, both as negatives by the right, or by highlighting them whenever someone is the first Y of X colour/sexual preference etc etc by the left. Different kinds of people existing should be completely normal and unremarkable. But this is something even more disgusting still, because it assigns an actual measurable value to these things, basically determining their relative worth.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i think they are more so talking about the prison system, which yeah is... very very very very bad
    oh yeah,the prison system is bad in usa also,but not because its ''slavery'',its bad for entirely different reasons