Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Well, according to the graph with Zarya you get some culture pity points for being part Russian.
    Oh thanks god, I need to work on them social score points, so ActiBlizz computer will say yes to representing me in their games.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    this program is 100% a waste of time, energy, and money. Whoever these jokers are, they conned blizzard out of $.

If they really "took feedback to heart" we'd be seeing a lot of different things from the company. Housing? Deaf ears. CoD abandoning WZ in favor of traditional maps? Deaf ears. A new starcraft? Deaf ears... etc etc

Also, would they support diversity in taiwan or hong kong? or is it just for us lowly westerners?

I think we ALL know what the answer to that is. I'm likely going to be banned for even talking about it and pointing it out. You aren't allowed to point out that you are being pushed out of the things that Our ancestors created for us.
    In the meantime, we have to uplift every other race while constantly having to demean and destroy ours. Kalergi plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    "Everything woke, turns to shit."

Just look at every single IP they have touched and ask yourselves. Is it better? Or did they destroy the IP by bringing in their left wing politics? The answer at this point with this left wing activism and radicalism is obvious. Even their own radicals can't deny they are doing it anymore because it is so out in the open. Remember, diversity simply means "chasing down the last white person". Because "diversity" of race is ONLY applied ONE WAY and to reduce the numbers of ONE race.
    Even liberals hate this stupid thing. Stop confusing "Corperate PR bullshit" with reality.

Stop falling for rainbow capitalism.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Even liberals hate this stupid thing. Stop confusing "Corperate PR bullshit" with reality.
    Do they though? According to the article this tool was developed by devs in their spare time out of their own volition.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Do they though? According to the article this tool was developed by devs in their spare time out of their own volition.
    Really? Because ther own statement states it was developed by an outisde company then handed over and worked by committee.

https://www.activisionblizzard.com/n...ity-space-tool

That's some next level SJW shitfuckery.

Really? Because ther own statement states it was developed by an outisde company then handed over and worked by committee.

https://www.activisionblizzard.com/n...ity-space-tool
    Activision owns King though, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    That's some next level SJW shitfuckery.
    SJW dont like this either. This was made first and foremost as a PR tool. Stop being so easily misled by rainbow capitalism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Activision owns King though, right?
    Correct. That doesn't go against what I said or was pointing out. This was not "Made by devs in their spare time" it was a purpuseful effort by activision by their own admission.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, they f*cking do. What normal person likes to see creative freedom replaced with corporate bs? This happens time and time again when x author cannot write a character a certain way because y group will be unhappy, this goes for any political spectrum. It takes out the humanity of art. This tool literally operationalizes traits and misses the point of empathy.

Correct. That doesn't go against what I said or was pointing out. This was not "Made by devs in their spare time" it was a purpuseful effort by activision by their own admission.
    So you still stand by this comment?

developed by an outisde company
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Remember when everybody else said, for years, that wokeness is basically treating diversity and identity politics like a points system?

And SJWs insisted that was crazy and totally not what they're advocating?

And then they wrote software to literally calculate how many diversity points someone has?

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    Eh... This is something that I'd probably have been better off not knowing existed.

I'm all for diversity, inclusiveness, and representation, and if the tool works to help create more characters that are well-written and diverse before they're exposed to me, then that's awesome. As far as my part as a consumer of media goes, it really doesn't matter too much to me how many iterations of 'not diverse enough' a cast of characters goes through before the final iteration is exposed to me, as long as the end result is well-written and tastefully presented. But just the knowledge that the tool is present and potentially influencing that media before it gets to me is a little... odd. I don't know how to describe it properly.
    Most people don't really hold personal or well thought out morals and only surface level "good" or "bad".

It's how humanity finds itself in some of it's most disastrous situations. Every horror has been commited by people absolutely sure they are doing good.

My advice is to just not think about it. You have as much influence on it as a man trying to shout back the tide.

SJW dont like this either. This was made first and foremost as a PR tool. Stop being so easily misled by rainbow capitalism.

- - - Updated - - -

I bet some SJW like it tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Diversity, inclusive, trans(anything), progressive, liberal...... all these words make me puke because of content they are used in for past decade.
    Sounds like you have a weak mental constitution and are easily radicalized by outliers on the internet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aurondarklord View Post
    Remember when everybody else said, for years, that wokeness is basically treating diversity and identity politics like a points system?

And SJWs insisted that was crazy and totally not what they're advocating?

And then they wrote software to literally calculate how many diversity points someone has?
    If that is your takeaway from this tool then you don't understand it enough to have an opinion on it.
    It was literally made to prevent tokenism and make sure a character isn't just "The gay one".

Jebus creebus, this is something you buy and have everyone and their grandma sign an NDA for when using, because it's just utterly pathetic and a declaration of intelectual bakruptcy, not to mention creativity. Even under the assumption that this forced diversity is something good and desireable, the way of getting there via such a tool just makes you a complete and utter laughing stock from a professional perspective. They essentially say they can't create narratives with characters in a balanced way and need a virtual monkey on a typewriter to do it for them.

That certainly made my day, thanks for sharing.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    The 10% quote people throw around is from the 1940s. Considering the number of countries in the world where being either trans or gay gets you murdered without any hesitation (or punishment, as its mostly illegal in said countries) it is entirely pointless trying to look at a worldwide percentage for either.
    the 10% is a number i found yesterday from a 2021 global survey. obviously you can't get the correct number, but a ballpark estimate.

3+ Year Old Account
    I honestly do not understand the purpose or value of this tool. What are they trying to actually accomplish here?

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    the 10% is a number i found yesterday from a 2021 global survey. obviously you can't get the correct number, but a ballpark estimate.
    Amazing that it hasnt budged an inch since 1948, dont you think? What global survey are you talking about?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yagsdom View Post
    Read through the whole thread and watched you take L after L in a discussion, now he is in here fact checking everyone’s statement to get someone back and this is what he has settled on lol
    So you are saying a company owned by activision is an "outside company"? Nice burner account btw, just stay on your actual account, its pathetic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    You people in favor of this, I'm assuming most of you are either American or European, have you ever seen an American person in an anime (for example?) and though to yourself how stupid that representation looks and feels?
    Your attempts at representing our cultures feel just as stupid, I don't want to see what you think a Chinese lady does (Look at Mei from overwatch, we Chinese roll our eyes at this character because it feels like something an American would think a Chinese is more than what a Chinese person thinks a Chinese person is)
    I prefer if my Chinese dramas don't have white people in them, and they never do, you'll never see a white person in a Chinese drama, I also prefer if my western games don't mix in our culture without understanding it.
    There is a saying, write what you know, I think this tool will create strange stereotypes, wildly inaccurate characters that shame their native cultures and disgusting tokenism, nothing more.
    Sword Art Online is the best anime / japanese light novel series out there and it has both American and Korean players in it, aswell as people of a virtual Underworld who are described as more european looking.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    ITT: the demographic historically pandered to the most complaining about pandering to minority groups.