Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Diversity, inclusive, trans(anything), progressive, liberal...... all these words make me puke because of content they are used in for past decade.
    We all know homogeneity, exclusive, straight, reactionary and conservative are better.

I am being the devil's advocate here.

The fact King developed this for over 5 years as a "passion project" to be met with overwhelming hate and Acti-Blizz immediately walking back to say its a prototype they are testing is hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    This is only an "issue" for a certain brand of person. Let's just call them the average "gamer."

You guys don't like corporate PR?
    As a bi/pan guy I don't like being reduced to a statistic, or an algorithmic number. big companies do this all the time and yes, it is mainly done for PR, but even as PR, its bad PR, whoever their PR team is they need to be fired. Which is why its generally done behind the scenes, usually by rich straight white old men who have no idea how society works outside of counting that green. Personally I am less mad about this and more amused.

But anyway... nice to see blizzard once again are so out of touch they are pissing off both sides... Although I can assure you its for two different reasons. But Blizzard are good at making everyone dislike them.
    https://kotaku.com/activision-blizza...-of-1848924832
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-05-14 at 03:05 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    As a bi/pan guy I don't like being reduced to a statistic, or an algorithmic number. big companies do this all the time and yes, it is mainly done for PR, but even as PR, its bad PR, whoever their PR team is they need to be fired. Which is why its generally done behind the scenes, usually by rich straight white old men who have no idea how society works outside of counting that green. Personally I am less mad about this and more amused.

But anyway... nice to see blizzard once again are so out of touch they are pissing off both sides... Although I can assure you its for two different reaosns.
    https://kotaku.com/activision-blizza...-of-1848924832
    This isn't a Blizzard thing.

It's King. The first post clearly says it was a passion project made on the side by King. Activision and Blizzard were given the chance to recently try it out. That's all this is about. Which I'm not surprised Kotaku failed to mention King once, since that's not as clickbait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    This isn't a Blizzard thing.

It's King. The first post clearly says it was a passion project made on the side by King. Activision and Blizzard were given the chance to recently try it out. That's all this is about. Which I'm not surprised Kotaku failed to mention King once, since that's not as clickbait.
    King, Activision, Blizzard. Strawberry, Vanilla and Chocolate still make up the same Cosmopolitan ice cream...

Corporations being corporations. It's PR bullshit and anyone who sees past that is delusional. Aside from a handful of people on twitter, nobody wants shit like this, it solely exists to get people like those on this forum to talk about it and create headlines.

If you want shit like this to stop, the problem isn't the "liberals". Trust me, most of them don't give a shit about this either. The persons you should be pointing for internet pitchforks at is the big businesses who are actively using your anger for advertising, and succeeding at it.

Might be an unpopular opinion but i guess fratbro culture wasnt that bad for us customers...

King, Activision, Blizzard. Strawberry, Vanilla and Chocolate still make up the same Cosmopolitan ice cream...
    It's not really. But calling for people to lose their jobs because of a passion project they were working on isn't exactly right either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It's not really. But calling for people to lose their jobs because of a passion project they were working on isn't exactly right either.
    I was being rhetorical, I don't think I have the power to make people lose their jobs... If I did Kotick would have been fired ages ago as well as his other pro abuse cronies. Unless you think they shouldn't be fired either?
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-05-14 at 03:20 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    Might be an unpopular opinion but i guess fratbro culture wasnt that bad for us customers...
    It really wasnt. The correlation of decreased game quality and increased diversity, inclusion and equity is pretty obvious

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    It really wasnt. The correlation of decreased game quality and increased diversity, inclusion and equity is pretty obvious
    You can see a similar decrease in games without your definition of diversity and inclusion.

Its more so that nowadays its far more likely for a game to be made by committee rather than having a set vision. You see the same decrease in quality with hollywood movies, whether the cast is diverse or not. Even if the two are correlated (which they arent) it wouldnt exactly mean that one is causing the other. If you remove the inclusivity and the quality is still overall down, then the inclusion isnt causing it.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    You can see a similar decrease in games without your definition of diversity and inclusion.

Its more so that nowadays its far more likely for a game to be made by committee rather than having a set vision. You see the same decrease in quality with hollywood movies, whether the cast is diverse or not. Even if the two are correlated (which they arent) it wouldnt exactly mean that one is causing the other. If you remove the inclusivity and the quality is still overall down, then the inclusion isnt causing it.
    Nah. Japanese games are the best theyve been since the early 2000s while western games are god awful these days. Weird the monoculture is better at something than the die culture

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah. Japanese games are the best theyve been since the early 2000s while western games are god awful these days. Weird the monoculture is better at something than the die culture
    would explain why I read more books than I play video games now then lol

I do tend to disagree though, lots of western games are still good. Just steer clear of triple A and play indy

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    There's a healthy(er) midpoint between 'fratbro culture' and.... Whatever this is?

15+ Year Old Account
    would explain why I read more books than I play video games now then lol

I do tend to disagree though, lots of western games are still good. Just steer clear of triple A and play indy
    I dont like indy games either. But plenty of good triple and double a japanese games comimg out. Really i just miss mid 2000 comedy western games like ratchet and clank and metal arms.

While i have serious gripes with the entire thing about Diversity, supposed "offensive elements", cultural appropriation and so forth, i will say that those aren't the reason why video games suck.

Video games, at least modern ones, suck in my opinion because
    (1) Devs are full of themselves and they know better than players on what is fun (I think WoW's development has been one of the best examples on this)
    (2) Corporate runs development like any business, destroying creativity in the process
    (3) Anything needs to be justified with data in a corporate enviroment, despite the fact that "fun" cannot be measured
    (4) Corporate abuses the passion of devs and players for a franchise
    First they pay those devs piss poor wages because of their attachment of a franchise, then have them work 10h/day until they're completely burnt out, then lay them off and repeat the process.
    This is simply not sustainable and will sooner or later result in bad products.

Second, even if a game comes out and sucks, they just rely on the initial purchase (not unlike Movies that rely on the 1st wave of viewers to break even) and overpriced MTX to save their bottomline.
    Meaning those bad products don't even hurt their bottomline and cycle keeps going.

At the end of the day, the industry isn't run by diversity hires, inclusivity programs and whatnot.
    Take a good look at Blizzard and the WoW team, the people calling the shots there, (Brack (at least until recently), Ion, John Hight, and so forth), those people sitting there aren't the result of any inclusivity programs.

I feel often this entire shit is just put out there as a distraction so the plebs go on about their culture struggle, while people like Bobby run over the hill with a big sack of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Point isn't to get the highest score possible. It's to get a balanced character.
    Yeah, isn't the tool predominantly made to overlap the cast of a franchise on it, so that you can easily assess how diverse in general your cast is? As an example, if the cast of a game would rank pretty high with stuff like gender identity, culture, socio-economic background but its generally full of younger characters and therefore ranking low on age, it would be a call for the devs to maybe come up with a character who is more of an older age, which just as easily could be some old soldier guy. When they notice on the other hand that they rank low on socio economic background, it would be a call to maybe come up with a character who grew up on poverty.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Sounds like you have a weak mental constitution and are easily radicalized by outliers on the internet.

Im weak minded and radicalized for having my own opinion and taste?

Hmmmm... same could be said to you then? Yeah?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    We all know homogeneity, exclusive, straight, reactionary and conservative are better.

I am being the devil's advocate here.
    Baine is no longer AFK.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Wait. So what you are telling me, is that if i grab 100 random people from around the world. There is guaranteed 1-2 transgenders and 10 people identifying as part of the lgbt? There is simply no way i can get 100 random people from the billions who aren't trans or "some brand of gay" as you put it?

Every group of 10 people must have 1 lgbt person in it based on the numbers i gave ?

Then explain to me why my family, of over 30 people doesn't have a single one?

And no my friend. I am not the one it painfully matters to. That's you adding your own narrative to what i wrote. I posted a comment to a post where this is the subject. I was making a point. And rage posting? There is simply no way you could have determined if i were rageposting or not, as you don't know me. you don't know my writing style, my language barriers or difficulties in convaying words. All parts of the complete picture and how sentences get portrayed
    Looking at you nice fella, if you get along well with your family on a political level, the probability is that any lgbtiq+ person related to you wouldn't come out to you.