Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    BfA suffered the same issues for me as Shadowlands except Blizzard did listen more to the community towards Catch-up mechanics in Shadowlands and introduced it faster but still too late.

Basically BfA suffered for me were the Story was so wide and so many concepts thrown into the mix that was worth far more focus (Azshara and N'zoth should've been their own expansion not part of the faction war) and too many power up mechanics that made it hard to play alts, not to mention forced into different type of content (tank having to do PVP for good tanking essence) and so on.

BfA started off good but after 8.1 it went downhill fast.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualVader View Post
    In terms of story, I largely agree. However, in terms of gameplay I don't, because some specs were just about unplayable until they buffed up the azerite powers and added an unplanned extra ring of them. Not just in terms of poor performance (though there was that), but in terms of terrible DPS cycles, etc. due to having gutted many specs at the end of Legion.

The sad thing is that they just about got the azerite system somewhat working (though it was never particularly exciting) and papering over the cracks when they added essences and then corruption and stopped doing anything with azerite powers, thus making them just something in the list of things you ticked off whenever you geared and alt or a new patch came out.

By the way, this is one reason Legion isn't as badly thought of - in Legion most specs started feeling reasonably complete - they didn't lose too much stuff they'd had in WoD. What they did lose was generally gained back by the time levelling was done, or reasonably soon afterwards - and then you got more cool stuff. In BfA everyone was trimmed back to beginning WoD or worse in terms of abilities, and azerite gear didn't ever give a lot of that back. Essences and corruptions were purely about core function (healing, DPS, tank survival) and were class agnostic, so all the interesting utility was never recovered, and anything taken from your rotations was gone forever.

In short, Legion felt generous (random legendaries aside, and except for the tip-top guilds at the time the complaints weren't as bad as people are making out, and it was relaxed sooner than people claim), whereas BfA felt niggardly.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualVader View Post
    BfA suffered the same issues for me as Shadowlands except Blizzard did listen more to the community towards Catch-up mechanics in Shadowlands and introduced it faster but still too late.

Basically BfA suffered for me were the Story was so wide and so many concepts thrown into the mix that was worth far more focus (Azshara and N'zoth should've been their own expansion not part of the faction war) and too many power up mechanics that made it hard to play alts, not to mention forced into different type of content (tank having to do PVP for good tanking essence) and so on.

Too late in what way? By definition a 'Catch-Up' mechanic means you must be behind for it to come into affect - like its literally the definition - to allow you to catch up, you must first be behind. Im not saying this is YOUR argument, but i have seen many people argue that the catchup system should be in place day one of a new expansion/tier/raid/season, and that simply does NOT make any sense at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Game felt like a job.
    Loads of cut content
    Where the story went below the shitter and ruined iconic characters and retconned so much lore
    Story was everywhere
    Hyped up character for 2 decades killed in a 15 second cinematic based on lord of the rings 3 ending
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    • You could level cooking with vendor mats. That bug was not fixed for days (and was on ptr), so people assumed it was intended. Well, Blizzard removed the mats from the vendor, leaving all people who weren't fast enough in the dirt.

SL is not even remotely as bad as BfA.
    On another note the same thing happened with the sea horse mount in Naz. It is only like a 6-12 hour spawn timer with multiple spawn points on the map and is only up for like 45 seconds so if you weren't on it you weren't going to get it but it was bugged on release where you could taunt it and it would stay there forever. Most people got their mount on the first day before Blizz hotfixed it but they all got to keep the mount they got while it was bugged. The problem was after that nobody ever made a group to farm it since most people got it while it was bugged.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    Absolutely not, lol. It's a garbled mess of polygons and flat stamps.
    I know what you're saying, what I am saying is the texture / direction of the super old model just looks more realistic. The design on the right is cartoony.

I'm a fan of the realistic look and not of the cartoony stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Game felt like a job.
    Loads of cut content
    Where the story went below the shitter and ruined iconic characters and retconned so much lore
    Story was everywhere
    Hyped up character for 2 decades killed in a 15 second cinematic based on lord of the rings 3 ending
    Agreed. Nothing like waiting 1 month for 1 story quest

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    That most of them are so weak annoys me greatly. In Legion we'd be passing half of the DPS legendaries we have today over for utility Legion legendaries.

For example, Prydaz plus Roots of Shaladrassil let my Elemental Shaman tank and solo outdoor rares in an ilevel that would normally have meant only a tank (or possibly a Hunter with pet and kiting) would expect to manage it because that combo gave you stupid amounts of effective health.
    I know right?
    It's like they deliberately neuter their succesful ideas into oblivion and then whine internally about players' preference being inconsistent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Archimonde and Ragnaros never attacked Teldrassil. Again: Teldrassil was nothing like the original World Trees. It was much weaker and did not have the same magical defenses as the other trees.

You're the one "shutting your eyes real hard", here. You're the one that keeps denying information that people here are giving you. Teldrassil is nowhere near an equivalent to Nordrassil in power.

Then perhaps you should open your eyes instead of shutting them to avoid taking in information that goes against your pre-conceived notions.
    Seriously? Archimonde literally blew up in a fiery explosion while hugging the tree, scorching an entire mountain. https://youtu.be/w5_PmqBC43w

And Ragnaros manifested a stone's throw away from Nordrassil out of a hole into the literal plane of friggin' fire. That guy made of living magical fire got closer to Nordrassil than those demolishers ever did; his minions were literally running amok right underneath it.

You know what, never mind, if you're willing to bullshit this hard then you're not worth a moment more of my time. Get help.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Seriously? Archimonde literally blew up in a fiery explosion while hugging the tree, scorching an entire mountain. https://youtu.be/w5_PmqBC43w
    Fair, I forgot that Archimonde burnt everything around him when he died. But the rest of my arguments remain unchanged.

And Ragnaros manifested a stone's throw away from Nordrassil out of a hole into the literal plane of friggin' fire. That guy made of living magical fire got closer to Nordrassil than those demolishers ever did; his minions were literally running amok right underneath it.
    Wrong. Ragnaros and his minions were nearby, but they never came underneath the tree. At worst, some maddened earth elementals surged underneath it, but they're not Ragnaros' minions.

You know what, never mind, if you're willing to bullshit this hard then you're not worth a moment more of my time. Get help.
    Says the guy who thinks trees can't burn, and not only ignoring real life information about how trees can and do burn, but also ignoring canon information from the game given to them, over and over:
    • You're constantly ignoring that Ragnaros never did anything against Nordrassil.
    • You're constantly ignoring that Teldrassil is a much weaker entity than the other World Trees, as it lacks the blessings of the Aspects.
    • You're constantly ignoring that the Horde catapults not only fired magically-enhanced payloads, but the Horde shamans also helped the fire spread with their elemental magic.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2022-05-17 at 04:51 AM.