Poll: Do you want Dark Rangers?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 37 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    For all we know they could do an Arthas/Sylvanas flashback intro like they did with the OG Death Knights and Demon Hunters in order to introduce the Dark Ranger.

And don't ask me how cause I have no idea. I think it'd be neat to have them, but I haven't spent countless hours ponderin' how they'd do it. I'm just throwin' it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghanir View Post
    For all we know they could do an Arthas/Sylvanas flashback intro like they did with the OG Death Knights and Demon Hunters in order to introduce the Dark Ranger.

And don't ask me how cause I have no idea. I think it'd be neat to have them, but I haven't spent countless hours ponderin' how they'd do it. I'm just throwin' it out there.
    i agree...
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Honestly, the easiest thing for them to do is to add Darkfallen as an Allied Race. Horde get Blood/High Elf variant, Alliance get the new Night Elf variants. (Or honestly, either, whatever, faction neutral.) The encrypted data in 9.2.5 involving Tirisfal is suspect, and would be the perfect time to add them. It would also bolster subs until Dragonflight is released.

I'd guess that they would get the standard classes that Undead can be, and they have a special trait attached to their allied racial ability that alters Hunter specific spell effects to be shadowy/Dark Ranger-y (obviously toggleable somehow).

This is their first step towards class skins, while also adding a hotly requested allied race with little to no real effort outside of creating a few new skin textures, hell, they don't even really need to make new hairstyles, but it would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Atriel View Post
    Honestly, the easiest thing for them to do is to add Darkfallen as an Allied Race. Horde get Blood/High Elf variant, Alliance get the new Night Elf variants. (Or honestly, either, whatever, faction neutral.) The encrypted data in 9.2.5 involving Tirisfal is suspect, and would be the perfect time to add them. It would also bolster subs until Dragonflight is released.

I'd guess that they would get the standard classes that Undead can be, and they have a special trait attached to their allied racial ability that alters Hunter specific spell effects to be shadowy/Dark Ranger-y (obviously toggleable somehow).

This is their first step towards class skins, while also adding a hotly requested allied race with little to no real effort outside of creating a few new skin textures, hell, they don't even really need to make new hairstyles, but it would be nice.
    Sounds reasonable. Still curious about the details though, like if it comes with a renewal of the Forsaken/Night Elf Capitals.

I have never seen anyone requesting Darkfallen as an allied race so I'm not entirely convinced that it is "hotly requested".

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I have never seen anyone requesting Darkfallen as an allied race so I'm not entirely convinced that it is "hotly requested".
    They have been requested in regards to Dark Ranger/Undead Blood Elves since ... forever. Are you serious? Darkfallen is just the newest overarching term given to them by Blizzard by way of the recent Sylvanas novel.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwing View Post
    Sounds reasonable. Still curious about the details though, like if it comes with a renewal of the Forsaken/Night Elf Capitals.
    Well, considering there is already a datamined giant seed in the files as a gift from the Winter Queen, and they are being very shifty about Sargeras's sword, I am guessing they will plant a new world tree where the sword was once removed and that will be a new Darnassus eventually. Or, we may never get a new Darnassus because well... Blizzard realized that outside of Stormwind and Orgrimmar, they really don't need other racial cities. I hope they do the former, personally.

As for Undercity, they can clean up the blight. I'm guessing Calia and the others may do that and it will be accessible again. Though, it sorely could use an update visually. I don't think we will see it this patch.

They have been requested in regards to Dark Ranger/Undead Blood Elves since ... forever. Are you serious? Darkfallen is just the newest overarching term given to them by Blizzard by way of the recent Sylvanas novel.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, considering there is already a datamined giant seed in the files as a gift from the Winter Queen, and they are being very shifty about Sargeras's sword, I am guessing they will plant a new world tree where the sword was once removed and that will be a new Darnassus eventually. Or, we may never get a new Darnassus because well... Blizzard realized that outside of Stormwind and Orgrimmar, they really don't need other racial cities. I hope they do the former, personally.

As for Undercity, they can clean up the blight. I'm guessing Calia and the others may do that and it will be accessible again. Though, it sorely could use an update visually. I don't think we will see it this patch.
    I'm dead serious. This thread is the first I've seen people asking for Darkfallen specfically. I've seen requests for San'layn, which is beyond dumb, but we've had undead belves and nelves since DKs were introduced. Making them an entire allied race would be a tremendous waste of resources.

You probably never heard of Taliesin then

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    You probably never heard of Taliesin then
    I stopped listening to Taliesin ages ago when it became clear that he vacillates between being a massive Blizzard shill and Blizzard white knight. The last time I watched one of his videos was like....the first month or two of BfA.

IMaking them an entire allied race would be a tremendous waste of resources.
    It's actually one of the easiest things they can do as far as allied races go.

It's even less effort than what they did for Void Elves. Literally pale skin and red eyes, and a handful of new Racial traits and that's it.

It's actually one of the easiest things they can do as far as allied races go.

It's even less effort than what they did for Void Elves. Literally pale skin and red eyes, and a handful of new Racial traits and that's it.
    And that's why I think it'd be a tremendous waste of resources. It's absolutely not needed in the slightest.

And that's why I think it'd be a tremendous waste of resources. It's absolutely not needed in the slightest.
    Well, tell me honestly.

What do you consider not a waste of resources that is absolutely needed?

If this is practically effortless and it brings people closer to playable Dark Ranger representation, I don't see why you'd be against it. What else are they spending their effort on? Another hairstyle for Dracthyr?

Well, tell me honestly.

What do you consider not a waste of resources that is absolutely needed?

If this is practically effortless and it brings people closer to playable Dark Ranger representation, I don't see why you'd be against it. What else are they spending their effort on? Another hairstyle for Dracthyr?
    I think Dracthyr are trash too because they could have given us drakonid instead of the awful shit they're pushing for Dragonflight. I'd rather see more interesting races like possibly redeemed demons like Lothraxxion. Or the Krokul.

As for playable Dark Ranger, we already have that. They're called Hunters.

I think Dracthyr are trash too because they could have given us drakonid instead of the awful shit they're pushing for Dragonflight. I'd rather see more interesting races like possibly redeemed demons like Lothraxxion. Or the Krokul.

As for playable Dark Ranger, we already have that. They're called Hunters.
    More specifically, they are Darkfallen Hunters. And we don't have Darkfallen yet.

So having Darkfallen would pretty much complete what the OP was talking about. It's not a waste of resources because the race that represents Dark Rangers is not yet playable.

More specifically, they are Darkfallen Hunters. And we don't have Darkfallen yet.

So having Darkfallen would pretty much complete what the OP was talking about. It's not a waste of resources because the race that represents Dark Rangers is not yet playable.
    Darkfallen is now just another word for undead elf. They're not unique anymore. We don't need ANOTHER elf race in WoW.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Darkfallen/sanlayn have been requested since wrath lol. There were even major threads on the officials.

Dark rangers being darkfallen is the only new thing. Darkfallen being san layn is known since for ever, its not new>.>
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-05-14 at 10:30 PM.

Darkfallen is now just another word for undead elf. They're not unique anymore. We don't need ANOTHER elf race in WoW.
    No one said they were unique, no one said they had to be unique. Why even suggest it when no one is saying we want Darkfallen because we think it's a unique race?

It's literally an effortless customization option that any intern is capable of doing.

And of course we don't need another Elf race in WoW. We don't need any races at all. Blizzard doesn't add new races on a basis of 'necessity'. Blizzard recognizes that people want to play as a Darkfallen and a closer representation of Dark Rangers.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-05-14 at 10:29 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Its no point arguiing over this with him, he will be the first to shit on it. Hes known for disliking anything dark ranger related.

I agree its an effortless option and no its not needed.. but are we really wasting time on who thinks what is needed when its not about that ever?
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-05-14 at 10:32 PM.

No one said they were unique, no one said they had to be unique. Why even suggest it when no one is saying we want Darkfallen because we think it's a unique race?

It's literally an effortless customization option that any intern is capable of doing.

And of course we don't need another Elf race in WoW. We don't need any races at all. Blizzard doesn't add new races on a basis of 'necessity'. Blizzard recognizes that people want to play as a Darkfallen and a closer representation of Dark Rangers.
    Before this thread, I have legitimately never seen a bunch of people campaigning for undead elf customizations. So that many people wanting it is actually news to me.

Before this thread, I have legitimately never seen a bunch of people campaigning for undead elf customizations. So that many people wanting it is actually news to me.
    Ignorance usually isn't something people usually boast about, but you be you.