Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

White Supremacist in Buffalo Murders 10 people.

White Supremacist in Buffalo kills 10 people with a manifesto writing about the "Great Replacement".

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...event/3687999/
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    White Supremacist in Buffalo kills 10 people with a manifesto writing about the "Great Replacement".

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...event/3687999/
    He live streamed it too.

You know it's a "real mass shooter" when they write a racist manifesto before going on a shooting spree in a part of town that's more populated by people of color.

Ranting about the "great replacement" and everything, I wonder he gave Tucker Carlson a shoutout by name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering that rhetoric that flies in "news" networks and our politicians? Expected. Nothing changes until their is change from the top.

Don't care about whatever narrative these people have. Nothing but disdain from these people and those they get their talking points from.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Considering that rhetoric that flies in "news" networks and our politicians? Expected. Nothing changes until their is change from the top.

Don't care about whatever narrative these people have. Nothing but disdain from these people and those they get their talking points from.
    Hopefully we'll see a proper condemnation coming from the president and an enumeration of what... and who... spurs this kind of action. The kind of condemnation that was sorely missing under the last president.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

My post from the other thread:

I live 1.2 miles from the grocery store where 10 people were slaughtered today. A grocery store I've been shopping in (though it's not my regular store).

The dude drove from 3 hours away, rural bumfuck country, where he's been radicalized by rightwing conspiracies, to the "most black zip code" in NY state (which...may be true, IDK, this guy obviously isn't a fucking stellar fact checker), to kill my neighbors.

It's been an exhausting day.

I've been waiting all day to find out if people I know have been killed or not. What a fucking day. As usual, the same people are offering "thoughts and prayers" but will still continue to insist there is no racism any more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    My post from the other thread:

I've been waiting all day to find out if people I know have been killed or not. What a fucking day. As usual, the same people are offering "thoughts and prayers" but will still continue to insist there is no racism any more.
    Even worse, they'll tell you the real danger comes not from the multiple instances of right-wing violence observable and quantifiable in the United States, but that the danger instead lies in phantom BLM/Antifa boogeymen.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Even worse, they'll tell you the real danger comes not from the multiple instances of right-wing violence observable and quantifiable in the United States, but that the danger instead lies in phantom BLM/Antifa boogeymen.
    Our one local news radio station (ie the only other newsradio to National Public Radio) in Buffalo has become increasingly rightwing over the years. I stopped listening to it more than a decade ago when they started spouting Birther crap against Obama. Before that, they were just uber patriots carrying water for George W. Bush all the time and his global wars.

Anyways, tonight I had a 40 minute drive home from my mom's house, and I decided to tune in to see what they were saying. The most galling part is their constant appeals to mental illness (I mean, I guess believing rightwing talking points is a mental illness, but I don't think that's what they're going for), and calls for unity. They stressed that the shooter was from "out of town" or an "outsider" and that we could never hate each other. This same station, during the BLM protests, where we once again got national attention for an old man who was pushed down and bleeding from the head, cried bloody murder agains their neighbors for some broken windows and a molotov (that did minimal damage) thrown in the City Court building. They've been sowing divisiveness for 2+ decades. Of course, the call to unity only happens because the dude who did the shooting said the same stuff they say every day on the radio.

15+ Year Old Account
    The most galling part is their constant appeals to mental illness
    Right wingers: "It's not guns, it's mental illness!"
    Also right wingers: "I absolutely will not help the country pay for affordable healthcare so people can deal with mental illnesses."

Glad I live in a country where I don't have to be worried about being gunned down while doing my groceries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Right wingers: "It's not guns, it's mental illness!"
    Also right wingers: "I absolutely will not help the country pay for affordable healthcare so people can deal with mental illnesses."
    Also right wingers: Let's radicalize and arm mentally ill people

10+ Year Old Account
    The most galling part is their constant appeals to mental illness (I mean, I guess believing rightwing talking points is a mental illness, but I don't think that's what they're going for)
    "Mental illness" and "ignorance" aren't excuses or explanations. This shit happens because some people are evil. Morally deficient people who seek to harm innocents. They don't get that way because they're "mentally ill". Nor is it because they're "ignorant". That kind of venemous hate is entirely separate; a character failing that runs deep and wouldn't be corrected if they got psychiatric care, nor if they were offered information to educate them out of their ignorance.

Every time people use either for an excuse, it's an attempt to hand-wave some measure of the offender's personal responsibility for their actions, and it's gotta stop. These assholes aren't mentally ill, and they're not acting out of ignorance. I've known poorly-educated people with schizophrenia who were lovely, and the worst they got was terrified if their symptoms were getting the better of them, not violent.

This guy, and those who do similar acts, are evil. They are awful, hateful, violent people, and they're the only ones responsible for their choices.

Poor white boy. I'm sure he was anxious about the economy. Can't you libtards empathize?

/s

I'm just gonna state it here. There's only two ways to solve this problem:

1. Get rid of the guns.

2. Get rid of the white supremacists.

I'm personally in favor of #2, but I'm not picky.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the guy wrote a manifesto referencing Tucker Carlson's "Great Replacement" Theory.

Literally drove to a black neighborhood to kill people while live streaming it on Twitch.

Was able to surrender to police without any issues.

Right Wing Posters on Various Social Media: It was ANTIFA and BLM!!
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Tucker Carlson's "Great Replacement" Theory.
    Worth noting: It's not his.

https://www.adl.org/resources/backgr...t-an-explainer

Sure it's originally of French origin (oddly), but it was adopted by white supremacists well before Tucker Carlson started repeating uncritically it, and with a number of different flavors, on live television.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Sure it's originally of French origin (oddly), but it was adopted by white supremacists well before Tucker Carlson started repeating uncritically it, and with a number of different flavors, on live television.
    Which begs the question -- Will FOX news do something about him now that his repetition of the theory has resulted in a mass shooting, or will they once more fall back on the "no reasonable person believes Tucker Carlson"? Or even worse try to hand wave it away and try to win via the technicality that it was indeed started by the French and they're not to blame for it?
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

It's the same tired, racist claptrap that's been espoused for hundreds of years at this point. And, as we can see, it unfortunately works.

- - - Updated - - -

Which begs the question -- Will FOX news do something about him now that his repetition of the theory has resulted in a mass shooting, or will they once more fall back on the "no reasonable person believes Tucker Carlson"? Or even worse try to hand wave it away and try to win via the technicality that it was indeed started by the French and they're not to blame for it?
    "something something something, can't control what our viewers do, something something something, plausible deniability"

I doubt we'll see any address of such a thing on Fox news.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

He has the most popular show on television, Fox isn't telling him much more than to keep up the good work. And they already distance themselves from his specials and he's one of their "opinion" hosts etc. etc.

I guess I'll do the performative Onion post: https://www.theonion.com/no-way-to-p...s-r-1835173950

Not to be funny, but to highlight how sad this continues to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which begs the question -- Will FOX news do something about him
    No.

O'Reilly was never held to account for George Tiller's murder, so why would they care about a bunch of black people being murdered by another of their acolytes?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters