Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    So instead of creating new games with new stories, or fixing bugs or balancing older games or current ones they decided to pay people to make a diversity tool to make all their games feel more inclusive?

Lemme get this straight. Your company had 10s of millions no hundreds of millions of players playing your vast array of games and you think diversity and inclusion in your games is whats going to get more people to play after millions of players stopped playing?

No blizzard/Activision. Putting out the same CoD games every year shrunk your playerbase. Not listening to player concerns in WoW shrunk your playerbase. No one cares about the woke liberal progressive agenda inside of video games. We play games to escape from reality not as confirmation of political issues.

Pls go away and take your trash ideas with you. I cannot believe your actually paying people to come up with this shit.

This whole thing feels like something a dystopian society controlled by AI would come up with. Especially the charts..

Downright creepy

Watching people defend this objective trainwreck is so fucking funny. The absolute state of MMOC. Even twitter wouldnt touch it with a 10 foot pole.

Also, what race do I need to be to minmax my score ? Which one is at the bottom ? Any race tier list available yet ? God this is so progressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    From the Wowhead article on this:

>brags about the tool being a way to avoid tokenism
    >literally adds points to a character for being more "woke" by design

Yeah no fuck this
    lmao its literally awarding points for 'diversity' and giving characters scores.

heterosexual? 0 points, straight to the trash!
    gender identity female? 4 points! at least your not male!
    middle class? zero, how dare you!
    Race is arab? eh you could do better but at least your not white!
    Honestly what scores a 10 for culture if egyptian isnt getting top points XD
    physical ability gets minor points for having her eye gouged out.

Shit, well as a straight white man i better gouge my eyes out so i can atleast score a 2!

this is absolutely awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanna see where the Warcraft lore figures land on this Magical Algorithm
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    They gonna make Illidan a gay, to have a reason to pull him back on the score, blind+gay = he gonna have a chance. /s
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    They gonna make Illidan a gay, to have a reason to pull him back on the score, blind+gay = he gonna have a chance. /s
    "I'm blind not deaf"

Well.... Now you're both!

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Without fail, threads like this always bring out the absolute worst of people on this forum (and beyond). It'd be sad if it wasn't so utterly predictable. Some of you are genuinely just massive pieces of shit.
    I have to admit I made this thread hoping to clown on Activision. Not whatever is happening. It strangely seem on topic then somehow goes to race war esk talk then back to the topic...

It doesn't really need to derail into weird things like child grooming does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I have to admit I made this thread hoping to clown on Activision. Not whatever is happening. It strangely seem on topic then somehow goes to race war esk talk then back to the topic...

It doesn't really need to derail into weird things like child grooming does it?
    When major companies make diversity tools for games (often aimed towards kids) that give points based off your sexuality... I think it's kind of related. Definitely not the main theme by any measure, but related sure. Same thing could be said for giving bonus points simply for not being white and the race war stuff. I really wonder if this tool would measure things the same if it was developed in/for India or China. It seems to be a very American-centric tool that places rankings on things based off your immutable characteristics or financial situation, and uses common woke measurements to decide how high of a number you get. Poor good, rich bad. Black good, white bad. Trans good, normal bad. Disabled good, able bad. Gay good, straight bad. Other cultures good, American culture bad... Like this is pure woke nonsense consolidated into an AI tool.

It has the possibility to be used well. For instance if you want to design a global trade city hub, showing a diverse set of characters is probably a good thing. If you are showing North Korea style, you might want to use the tool to make sure your characters are not diverse. I get the feeling that this tool is not going to be used to make environments more believable, and is instead going to be used to inject wokeness into the character design of their games, but I would love to be wrong about that.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I wonder what "is not a human" scores on the race chart. Say take Garrosh, he's basically the "chad" angry muscled alpha male sort of guy that is supposed to not be a good character by those... standards (and I don't think he IS a good character but for other reasons). But at least he's not human so that's kinda diverse? Ironically Anduin is as straight white guy as it possibly gets and a rich royal to boot so he's like, super non-diverse despite being a favorite of the WoW writing staff.

Maybe Sylvanas wins tho. She's not a human, comes from a non-human culture, she's so stupid she should get 10 for cognitive disabilities, she's old by human standards even if she doesn't look like it, is female, and I'm pretty sure "dead" counts as the ultimate physical disability as well. That said she does get 0s because she's hetero, the social status part hurts her score as a queen I suppose, and 0 on body because she's a 36-24-26 as well despite being dead.

I'm really not one for being anti-progressive, but this silly thought exercise is kinda fun in a disturbing way.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I wonder what "is not a human" scores on the race chart. Say take Garrosh, he's basically the "chad" angry muscled alpha male sort of guy that is supposed to not be a good character by those... standards (and I don't think he IS a good character but for other reasons). But at least he's not human so that's kinda diverse? Ironically Anduin is as straight white guy as it possibly gets and a rich royal to boot so he's like, super non-diverse despite being a favorite of the WoW writing staff.

Maybe Sylvanas wins tho. She's not a human, comes from a non-human culture, she's so stupid she should get 10 for cognitive disabilities, she's old by human standards even if she doesn't look like it, is female, and I'm pretty sure "dead" counts as the ultimate physical disability as well. That said she does get 0s because she's hetero, the social status part hurts her score as a queen I suppose, and 0 on body because she's a 36-24-26 as well despite being dead.

I'm really not one for being anti-progressive, but this silly thought exercise is kinda fun in a disturbing way.
    And why do you say that Anduin is straight? Because he found dwarven and draenei women attractive? Pfff, that was Afrasiabi lore. We are in the new era of Danuser lore and he'll 100% retcon Anduin into being gay for Wrathion.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    And why do you say that Anduin is straight? Because he found dwarven and draenei women attractive? Pfff, that was Afrasiabi lore. We are in the new era of Danuser lore and he'll 100% retcon Anduin into being gay for Wrathion.
    Eh, not impossible I suppose, but didn't they try to hint that him and Taelia had the hots for each other in BfA? The Anduin is gay for Wrathion thing seems the domain of memes more than anything else.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    legitimate question, to all of you: at what point is it going to dawn on you that these obvious cynical attempts at PR are going to become obvious enough for you to catch on to them being nothing but obvious cynical attempts at PR? with no actual agenda beyond trying to make bad press go away?
    There isn't one for them. It's all bad.

While it's sad that it has to come to this, a tool that lets a group of people with similar idea think outside of their own box isn't inherently bad. The better solution is for the industry to simply become more diverse so that the teams' ideas are more diverse to begin with, but it's still a largely straight, white, cis male-dominated field.

Also, while there's always going to be a handful of people spouting "I'm [blank minority demographic] and I don't need to see [blank minority demographic] represented in my media," I've seen first hand the positive effect that diverse representation has had on many, many people in my life.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    There isn't one for them. It's all bad.

While it's sad that it has to come to this, a tool that lets a group of people with similar idea think outside of their own box isn't inherently bad. The better solution is for the industry to simply become more diverse so that the teams' ideas are more diverse to begin with, but it's still a largely straight, white, cis male-dominated field.

Also, while there's always going to be a handful of people spouting "I'm [blank minority demographic] and I don't need to see [blank minority demographic] represented in my media," I've seen first hand the positive effect that diverse representation has had on many, many people in my life.
    The world has hooked on to the idea of representation as motivation. In reality, the need for representation in order to produce motivation is a sign of a deep and troubling problem in society.

Treating woke diversity as pokemon stats. Oh Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    Watching people defend this objective trainwreck is so fucking funny. The absolute state of MMOC. Even twitter wouldnt touch it with a 10 foot pole.

Also, what race do I need to be to minmax my score ? Which one is at the bottom ? Any race tier list available yet ? God this is so progressive.
    Diversitylogs.com to see how well your character parses...

Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    Why do you need to feel represented? What the fuck does this even mean? I'm gay and I don't feel represented at all by the portrayal of gay people in media.
    I think a big part of the representation obsession is because it's basically the cheapest and easiest way for people to seem like they are "doing something," because actually doing something that matters (giving resources to people) is difficult or politically impossible.

And if you are more cynical, just pure grift and corporate cover. The Diversity industry is worth billions. There's actually a major vested interest in stuff not improving now, fun!
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    FWIW I'd let Anduin invade my Undercity

- - - Updated - - -

And, on topic...

WHAT the FUCK was ActivisionBlizzard thinking when they released this as a PRESS RELEASE?

Thinking about it, this seems like something that'd come out as some shady as fuck "Yeah, Trust Me" leak from HQ that we all just dismiss as "Nah... ActivisionBlizzard isn't THAT stupid... are they???"
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

One of the most cringe things I have ever seen.

Lets rate people based on things such as their skincolour and sexual preferences. Because that is not creepy and not very wrong at all.

I hate this woke nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    People dont realise that this is not wokeness. Actiblizzking is so incompetent that they think they need fucking algorhitms to promote diversity. Whats next on the table, frenology?
    That will certainly help their recent attempt at having the DFEH case. And yeah, I wouldn't put phrenology behind them. And I'm not sure "next on the table" is even proper here, because chances are phrenology-like BS already contributes to body type and/or facial features parts and how they interact with race.

Also, putting their motivation being pandering rather than genuine wokeness aside, yeah, I'm not really seeing how pursuing a bunch of checkboxes the algorithm says will result in a more "balanced" character rather than just slapping a single checkbox for a character is any less tokenist.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    By your own stats, 1 in 10 people are some brand of gay. Do most movies, tv shows and games not have 10 people?
    Yeah, that argument never really pans out. Outside from some cuckoo-land exaggerations that shows are now drowning in gay characters the whole right wing (let's be honest here) railing about gay people being in every show or movie always fails to account for how there's nothing statistically out of the ordinary for there to be a gay character or even a couple in a typical story where there are dozens of characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.