Poll: Do you want Dark Rangers?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 38 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Ignorance usually isn't something people usually boast about, but you be you.
    ....So me simply saying that I've never heard of it means I'm boasting about it? Are you fucking kidding me with this comment? lmao. Do you even know what the word "boast" means?

Ignorance usually isn't something people usually boast about, but you be you.
    I'd just put him on ignore.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    ....So me simply saying that I've never heard of it means I'm boasting about it? Are you fucking kidding me with this comment? lmao. Do you even know what the word "boast" means?
    Your argument is that this is a waste of resources because we don't need another Elf race, meaning you consider yourself an authority for I guess everyone in the community when Elf demand is concerned. And you're saying you never heard anyone requesting Darkfallen until now as a means to diminish the idea that Darkfallen were ever widely being requested, since your argument is literally 'we don't need another Elf race'. I would absolutely consider you to be boasting on how little you've actually heard of it, as a means to continuing your argument of why we you think we don't need it.

I mean, from your argumentative and authoratative tone, is there any other way to interpret this really? You said 'We' don't need more Elf races, so you must be speaking on behalf of people more than just you, no?
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-05-14 at 10:48 PM.

Your argument is that this is a waste of resources because we don't need another Elf race, meaning you consider yourself an authority for I guess everyone in the community when Elf demand is concerned. And you're saying you never heard anyone requesting Darkfallen until now as a means to diminish the idea that Darkfallen were ever widely being requested.

I mean, from your argumentative and authoratative tone, is there any other way to interpret this really? You said 'We' don't need more Elf races, so you must be speaking on behalf of people more than just you, right?
    Let me get something straight. Are you saying people want it as a customization like Night Elf black eyes after the Night Warrior thing or are people wanting it to be an entirely separate allied race? Because if it's the former, that's whatever. They did it with the gold and blue eyes for sin'dorei/ren'dorei. But making an entire allied RACE? That'd be beyond fucking stupid.

Let me get something straight. Are you saying people want it as a customization like Night Elf black eyes after the Night Warrior thing or are people wanting it to be an entirely separate allied race? Because if it's the former, that's whatever. They did it with the gold and blue eyes for sin'dorei/ren'dorei. But making an entire allied RACE? That'd be beyond fucking stupid.
    It's literally whatever Blizzard chooses to do with the 'Darkfallen'. Allied Race, Customization option, it doesn't really make any difference. The effort? It's the exact same since they content is already in the game. It's literally effortless. The only real effort that would be needed for an Allied Race is a handful of new Racial talents, otherwise the customization options would literally be reskins of existing Blood Elf or Void Elf options. Their visuals are already fully implemented in the game through the Darkfallen NPCs.

It's literally whatever Blizzard chooses to do with the 'Darkfallen'. Allied Race, Customization option, it doesn't really make any difference. The effort? It's the exact same since they content is already in the game. It's literally effortless. The only real effort that would be needed for an Allied Race is a handful of new Racial talents, otherwise the customization options would literally be reskins of existing Blood Elf or Void Elf options. Their visuals are already fully implemented in the game through the Darkfallen NPCs.
    An allied race option would be beyond fucking stupid since it's literally another race of elves with a lazy coat of paint. I bet the people who bitch about the game not having enough content are the same people campaigning for Blizzard to make more bullshit allied races like Darkfallen. Anything more than the effort that was put into giving blood/void elves blue eyes would be a massive waste and dumb as shit.

An allied race option would be beyond fucking stupid since it's literally another race of elves with a lazy coat of paint. I bet the people who bitch about the game not having enough content are the same people campaigning for Blizzard to make more bullshit allied races like Darkfallen. Anything more than the effort that was put into giving blood/void elves blue eyes would be a massive waste and dumb as shit.
    I didn't really care if they added them as an Allied Race or not before, but now I really hope they do add them as an Allied Race.

I mean, it's quite hard to believe you're actually bitching about more content. Well, maybe not that hard, since you seem to have always been bitching about new classes too. Sometimes I wonder why you even come to new class and new customization threads when you know it gets under your skin.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-05-14 at 11:17 PM.

Your tears are quite tasty. I didn't really care if they added them as an Allied Race or not before, but now I really hope they do add them as an Allied Race.

I mean, I can't believe you're actually bitching about more content.
    LMFAO YOU'RE REALLY CALLING A NEW ALLIED RACE CONTENT?! Is this how incredibly easily entertained WoW players have become?

LMFAO YOU'RE REALLY CALLING A NEW ALLIED RACE CONTENT?! Is this how incredibly easily entertained WoW players have become?
    Customization is not content? What would you call it then? Nontent?

Customization is not content? What would you call it then? Nontent?
    It's definitely not content. If that's what some players consider content these days, that's pretty sad.

it is yeah

when allied races come out, people spend days leveling and playing with them

It's definitely not content. If that's what some players consider content these days, that's pretty sad.
    If it's a new race, it's new content. All new races are content. What else would you call it?

If it's a new race, it's new content. All new races are content. What else would you call it?
    Customization isn't content. There is no interaction. No activity to participate in. No player power increase.

Customization isn't content. There is no interaction. No activity to participate in. No player power increase.
    players spend more time leveling allied races than they do mage tower challenges

allied races also come w/ new racials that affect gameplay

I don't care about your personal opinion of what customizations are.

Content is literally content. Just because you don't think the content is interactive, progressive or compelling to you does not mean it's not content.

Allied Races would come with new quests, customizations, new racials, new collectibles and mounts, and all other types of gameplay that is associated with playing any new Race. That is all content.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-05-14 at 11:31 PM.

I don't care about your personal opinion of what customizations are.

Content is literally content. Just because you don't think the content is interactive, progressive or compelling to you does not mean it's not content.

Allied Races would come with new quests, customizations, new racials, new collectibles and mounts, and all other types of gameplay that is associated with playing any new Race. That is all content.
    wow. So the players of this game are actually that easily entertained. No wonder the game gets shittier every expansion. Because there's people like the posters in this thread that will defend the dumbest decisions Blizzard makes.

wow. So the players of this game are actually that easily entertained. No wonder the game gets shittier every expansion. Because there's people like the posters in this thread that will defend the dumbest decisions Blizzard makes.
    I mean are you literally clueing in to the fact that Blizzard has been doing this already for decades?

WoW has never offered more content than you could literally complete in a month's worth of time. Everything is artificially gated or locked behind repeatable grinds. Complaining about 'what people consider content' is kinda pointless when there has never been a lot of progressive content in the game to begin with.

I subbed for 1 month total for all of Pandaria, and I got every quest, dungeon and raid content done within that 1 month sub. Full rep with most of the Rep factions too, since at the time of my subs you could grind Warbringer tokens to max out reputations without gated content. Like seriously 'interactive, progressive' content is only what you make of it. If you enjoy World PVP, then that is your content. If you enjoy collecting or Achievement farming, then that is your content. Otherwise there really isn't much I can point at in WoW as being interactive, progressive content that really lasts for the entire expansion.

You enjoy what you want to enjoy. I don't see why you see fit to judge what you consider to be content and what not to be. You don't really speak out for anyone except yourself, so all you're doing is telling people how you don't like new classes or alts, and bitch about how much you hate them in fan forums.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-05-14 at 11:51 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Costumization is literally content, which is what you are bitching about.

Your cries about why the game is shit is your own opinion and has nothing to do what is considered content in this context. Triceron is right in every way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    we have already gone over my thoughts on it just go reread those post.
    You apply to the arrow instead of the Hunter.
    How does it apply to the Hunter?

So affliction warlocks are necromancer now? Death coil is now a life drain even though it has nothing to do with it and it’s just a undead heal?

Even you have to see how your bending over backwards to not admit your using a double standard to try and justify non canon RPG lore.
    Affliction Warlocks definitely use Necromancy, just check their spells out.

That's the thing about necromancy, it repairs Undead.
    You want more healing spells? Check out the Blood specialization.

Blizzard themselves have allowed Hunters to be able to use Dark Magic imbued weaponry that grants them Dark Ranger abilities. It doesn't need to be part of a 'spec' when the literal meaning of Dark Ranger right now is broad enough to be applied to Darkfallen Hunters, and in the case of Nathanos, a Forsaken Hunter. What Dark Ranger magic did Nathanos really use? None. And yet he was still a formal Dark Ranger.
    They need to be defined. Not just a broad Hunter, but a certain spec. Which, you cannot really pinpoint to me. A few, weapon-related abilities do not make a Dark Ranger. Nathanos, as i've said, is not your typical Dark Ranger. He doesn't even belong to the Darkfallen.

Er, at the moment they absolutely do stand in for an entire class. What other race can be an Evoker?
    So, we can give up on the class and say the Dracthyr represents it already?

I didn't claim there is no way to be added.

I said no one has come up with a compelling speculation or theory on how they would be added, based on what we know of the story right now.

This thread was about Dark Rangers playable through customizations. This was never a 'Dark Ranger Class' thread. You simply inserted yourself into this topic whining about how customizations aren't as good as a new class. I can respect the sentiment, but really no one else is really talking about a Dark Ranger class concept. I'd even go as far as saying you haven't been talking about them as a class, you've only been arguing that you think a class would be better than customizations and otherwise saying no one can prove that a Dark Ranger class would not be a class in the future. No one is actually presenting a Dark Ranger class concept to discuss in this thread.
    Why are you using your current knowledge to dismiss Dark Ranger introduction when you couldn't have done it for the Dracthyr Evoker?

Because Dracthyr are completely new invention, while Dark Rangers have a very specific and well established origin. BFA literally shows us how new Dark Rangers are created, and it is not involving any Banshee origins. What they've established is that new races and genders other than Female Undead High/Blood Elves can become Dark Rangers. At no point have they implied any one of them becoming a new class.
    So are Darkfallen. You see how they come up with new material that you haven't thought about before.
    The Evoker is just a modified Dragonsworn. So, what makes you think they wouldn't create an original way of introducing Dark Rangers?

You're right.

I don't expect anyone to present the Dark Rangers as a class at all, because this thread topic was about adding them through customizations.
    Well, we could have said the same for the Evoker, which was expected to be a covenant-styled feature instead of a class.

It exists to a point where you don't need a new class.

This was your very argument about not needing a Blood Mage class because we already have Fire Mages that already do most of what a Blood Mage is known to do.
    Mages have an entire spec dedicated to fire magic. Do Hunters have one for dark magic? Do Paladins or Priests have one for lunar?

Tell me, what in the story is actually indicating a Dark Ranger class? Everything we have in the lore right now suggests customization options.

We had a Dark Ranger quest in BFA that offered the Dark Ranger's Hood transmog. That very questline was updated and datamined in 9.2.5, with more Hunter specific connections. Do you really think this is pointing at a future Dark Ranger class? Because I don't find it convincing if so.
    Why are you expecting it to be right now? We just got Evokers. Did you expect a Demon Hunter when all things pointed out to Warlocks filling their place?

Except it's the only way to have fruitful discussion. Short term discussion allows us to hone in on what type of fruit will be borne next.

Consider the fact that none of your other predictions of a future playable class has borne any fruit at all.
    Because i've started speculating way after the last class was added, in 2019. That doesn't leave much room for successes or mistakes.

I didn't even have that skepticism as recently as mid BFA/pre-Shadowlands announcement.

That you're trying to shift the goalpost to talking about Dark Rangers being a potential class circa 2011 means you really have nothing to present in a 2022 modern discussion on Dark Ranger as a class.
    I'm not trying anything of that sort. I'm trying to illustrate how blind we are years before the fact. And, actually, have plenty of material to work with. They're one of the most ability-rich concepts in my thread. Blizzard has increased their range of capabilities by a huge margin in the last few years with Sylvanas.

And if you're unwilling to incorporate new information to update your concept, then you're talking about a concept that only works in a bubble.

No different if I told you Runemaster was going to be playable because at one point in time in Cataclysm I believed their concept was ripe to be explored. The chances of a Runemaster concept becoming playable diminished considerably when we have Monk as a playable class. It would be quite ridiculous if I held on to the same hopeful optimism for a Runemaster class today as if Monks have zero effect on them becoming a potential playable class.
    How much was that concept explored or developed? Did we have a notable character to represent it? A huge asortment of abilities? No, actually. It was mostly unheard of.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    With Sylvanas gone, there’s literally no point.
    Gone?
    She's in the Maw, getting redeemed.

I think Dracthyr are trash too because they could have given us drakonid instead of the awful shit they're pushing for Dragonflight. I'd rather see more interesting races like possibly redeemed demons like Lothraxxion. Or the Krokul.

As for playable Dark Ranger, we already have that. They're called Hunters.
    More specifically, they are Darkfallen Hunters. And we don't have Darkfallen yet.

So having Darkfallen would pretty much complete what the OP was talking about. It's not a waste of resources because the race that represents Dark Rangers is not yet playable.
    It's funny seeing two guys who dismiss Dark Ranger arguing about what amount of shitting should be done to the concept.

Their visuals are already fully implemented in the game through the Darkfallen NPCs.
    You don't really expect them to be implemented as they are right now, do you?
    Just Blood elf models with grey skin and red eyes. They'd need to differentiate it somehow. And add the San'layn in there as well.

I have to agree with you on that. The standards have been lowered.
    People nowadays will be satisfied with multiple mount recolors rather than actual new content. That's why they added the in-game shop. For such people. That is deteriorating the game. If people are okay with lower quality content (paint job and calling it something brand new that substitutes actual gameplay, like a class) then this will only go downhill.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Costumization is literally content, which is what you are bitching about.
    Not when it is supposed to replace a whole potential new class or spec.
    Shadowlands customization options were beyond fine. They were necessary.
    Night elf dark eyes substituting Night Warriors? Hell no.
    Last edited by username993720; 2022-05-15 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post

I have to agree with you on that. The standards have been lowered.
    People nowadays will be satisfied with multiple mount recolors rather than actual new content. That's why they added the in-game shop. For such people. That is deteriorating the game. If people are okay with lower quality content (paint job and calling it something brand new that substitutes actual gameplay, like a class) then this will only go downhill.

Where do you see the mount thing at? Can you point me to a single example? People complain about mount recolors as much as they did in WoD.

Liking allied races isn't a sign of anything other than people liking allied races. Not everything needs a new custom rig and skeleton. Extrapolating "players making game bad for liking them" from that is silly.