Thread: Creator clash

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Creator clash

Anyone checking this out? Bunch of YouTubers boxing one another, looks fun.
    Excited to see Grump fight and IDidAThing and Internet comment lol

https://thecreatorclash.com/

- - - Updated - - -

My picks
    Dr.Mike over IDubbbz [+]
    I’ll be cheering for Egoraptor but Harley looks dangerous [+]
    Soyboy etiquette over DJ [x]
    Hundar over h3h3 [+]
    Justaminx over Haley [+]
    Ryan over Alex [x]
    Dad over Matt [+]
    Didathing over odd one [+]
    Micheal over Graham {had their names wrong} [+]
    {picked more winners than losses}
    See how it goes Saturday XD
    Last edited by Devilyaki; 2022-05-15 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I don't know who most of these people are, but I hope I get to see Dr. Mike beat the shit out of IDubbbz.
    Just curious, but why are you hoping to see iDubbbz get beat up?

He put together the event and it's for charity unlike previous YouTuber boxing matches.

Think whatever you want of him, but if your opinion comes from his appearances in FilthyFrank videos or content cop, that's pretty far from what he's like nowadays.

Not that he ever really uploads anything as of late.

OT: As far as this event is concerned, I really don't follow or care to follow boxing regardless of who's fighting.

I've only vaguely kept up with it from watching the H3H3 podcast of whom a crew member is partaking.

If nothing else, it seems they're taking the training quite seriously.

But i wish them the best of luck with the charity event regardless.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

I never heard of a single one of these folks. Are these "prank" youtube channels; as in they play pranks on people and so on? I don't watch those and so these have never ever been a recommended video or suggestion on my feed ever, lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    I love watching combat sports but I've become bored with boxing's large gloves. I'd prefer it if they took a couple ounces off of the gloves so that there's a harder impact and shorter more exciting fights.

Regarding the YouTube creators I've never heard of any of them before. My favorite YouTuber is Lex Fridman who is like a more intellectual version of Joe Rogan. Some of his shows are about combat sports but most of his content leans towards STEM topics.
    Last edited by PC2; 2022-05-14 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I love watching combat sports but I've become bored with boxing's large gloves. I'd prefer it if they took a couple ounces off of the gloves so that there's a harder impact and shorter more exciting fights.
    Only if they test them on you first.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I agree. I think the recent rise in popularity of bare-knuckle boxing is a result of boxing having too heavy gloves these days.

I'm a big PVZ gal!

Wait...so is this just a bunch of influencers/content creators doing amateur boxing for cash? I recognize a few names but don't much follow anyone in this space but this seems...weird? Desperate?

I dunno, they can do them and if they're making bank that's good on them. I don't think I will ever fully wrap my head around/understand youtubers and shit in general.

Bunch of narcissists beating each other up for publicity. Could be entertaining in its own way.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I never heard of a single one of these folks. Are these "prank" youtube channels; as in they play pranks on people and so on? I don't watch those and so these have never ever been a recommended video or suggestion on my feed ever, lol.
    No prank people, lot of different content, from lets players, animation, comedy, weird invention maker, and even a ARG character and a doctor. I watch a few of them and all have rather good content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wait...so is this just a bunch of influencers/content creators doing amateur boxing for cash? I recognize a few names but don't much follow anyone in this space but this seems...weird? Desperate?

I dunno, they can do them and if they're making bank that's good on them. I don't think I will ever fully wrap my head around/understand youtubers and shit in general.
    It's for charity, and the fun of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Bunch of narcissists beating each other up for publicity. Could be entertaining in its own way.
    Don't think any of them are narcissts, most are really nerdy lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post

Don't think any of them are narcissts, most are really nerdy lol
    The two aren't mutually exclusive, by a long shot.

- - - Updated - - -

Saw a few people talking about this, all online. I don't know anyone in the list.

Probably cool for people who consume their content. Just not my sphere. Is this some sort of charity event?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The two aren't mutually exclusive, by a long shot.

- - - Updated - - -

Saw a few people talking about this, all online. I don't know anyone in the list.

Probably cool for people who consume their content. Just not my sphere. Is this some sort of charity event?
    Ah I don't know them all so guess some might be. Ya from what I hear it is just a fun charity thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was a fan of iDubbbbz back during his "the cancer crew" days with Maxmoefoe and Filthy Frank. His "Kickstarter Crap" series was fun as all hell during the time and equally so with the "Content Cop" series.

This isn't the first time that iDubbbz had tried to set up a boxing event for charity. Back during the height of the "reaction YouTuber" era (where it was just a video of a random YouTuber watching another YouTube video and labeling it a reaction) iDubbbz called out a channel called "Jinx" and Jinx challenged him to a fight. Jinx later pulled out after iDubbbz accepted. Then, leading up to event this thread is about, iDubbbz was supposedly to box RiceGum after RiceGum called him out numerous times.

Cannot say I've kept up with him at all since 2018 though. I largely do no care at all about this boxing event but, for nostalgia reasons, would like to see iDubbbz come out on top.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only recognize Egoraptor from that list. To my knowledge it's from an ancient pokemon video and he was on "Hot pepper gaming" more than once. I am old.

If you want to donate to a charity do it directly. Don't do it through a "YAY LOOK AT ME DOING A THING event." Who knows how much of a cut they'll take for "Administrative costs". I am old and cynical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    I only recognize Egoraptor from that list. To my knowledge it's from an ancient pokemon video and he was on "Hot pepper gaming" more than once. I am old.

If you want to donate to a charity do it directly. Don't do it through a "YAY LOOK AT ME DOING A THING event." Who knows how much of a cut they'll take for "Administrative costs". I am old and cynical.
    Ya it be better to just give it that way. But even if a small amount goes it's more than I personally would of given with out it.

10+ Year Old Account

Oh shit I didn't even know Egoraptor was on the card. He's fighting Harley from EpicMealTime, lmao, is this real life?

In my opinion, this kind of charity event is like Humble Bundle and such games bundles. You get some entertainment in exchange for charity.

It's a way to get people who don't just donate to charity "out of the goodness of their heart" to indirectly donate with a carrot on a stick.

Saying "just donate directly" is kind of a moot point, because this segment of people largely won't donate to any cause unless there's something in it for themselves.

In this specific case, I believe the event is mostly for charity because iDubbbz doesn't want it to be another for profit YouTuber clownshow.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    In my opinion, this kind of charity event is like Humble Bundle and such games bundles. You get some entertainment in exchange for charity.

It's a way to get people who don't just donate to charity "out of the goodness of their heart" to indirectly donate with a carrot on a stick.

Saying "just donate directly" is kind of a moot point, because this segment of people largely won't donate to any cause unless there's something in it for themselves.

In this specific case, I believe the event is mostly for charity because iDubbbz doesn't want it to be another for profit YouTuber clownshow.
    Ya totally agree, and if you watched the weigh in it is all jokes and fun, not just people trying to get exposure and money.

I only recognized one of them, Dr. Mike, and my reaction was:

What has happened to him?

Hm.. probably I'm not the only one and others have also stopped watching him for unknown reasons,

so it seems like a bad attempt by a has-been to re-gain fame.

And then I watched another video and learned about Boat-Gate!

Lets get ready to RUMBLE !!!!

- - - Updated - - -

what a fun event! Good fight for all

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not understand the willingness to watch very bad amateur boxing matches, even if it is for charity.