Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinchi Migi View Post
    Let's see if this crackdown on WoW toxicity works cause it sure as hell is needed. The toxicity in WoW is wayyyyyyyyyyyy out of control. You got bastards who log on and just cause their girl gave them no cookies and milk they come into the game and go off on different players cause their angry. Let's see what happens.
    cant have toxic players in a game with no players

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    So you spammed /yell and got banned for it? Cry more dude.
    there was no spamming i was having a conversation with 3 other people over a chat channel

why do you create fictional stories

- - - Updated - - -

So does Right click -> Report for spam, what's your point?
    report for spam requires 30-50 people to report someone before a ban is triggered
    report for language requires 10 people to report before a instant ban is triggered

the auto bans tell you what method of reporting got you banned
    10 reports = instant ban without GM review (people need to be in different guilds or you will need more reports)
    you can organize a 11th person in your discord to provoke the person you want banned then report for literary no real reason... anything that can be considered "toxic" is a valid reason for the ban to stay on the account and will not be removed
    https://youtu.be/OcSiCgFDYhY

Yall will be alright

Getting upset over literally nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    DoS rarely hold up in court. You are conflating different things.
    No I am not. DoSing is literally a federal crime. The reason it does not always get charged is the people doing it are not always on the county and thus can not be charged.

The people who did the big one in 19/20 lived in the states and ther all got 5 years

10+ Year Old Account
    The most vocal against this, in this very thread, will still be playing this game post-addition to the social contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    When you use /yell the whole zone can see your chat on it
    THE WHOLE ZONE?

I'm having doubts

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Duoberus View Post
    The most vocal against this, in this very thread, will still be playing this game post-addition to the social contract.
    Hopefully they take my advice and don't talk in chat anymore
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    I think is very accurate - and, more, they might have to have this in place as part of their agreement with the Feds on the lawsuit they settled - this creates a legal line between them as host, and players who cross lines in chat, and shows a commitment to change the culture inside the company, and their games. With the weight of the current lawsuit over them in CA, I would expect more of this for them.

As for the uproar over it - I doubt anyone expected less. WoW isn't the only game community with a toxic element to it, or even the worst, but they're up there near the top of the list, WoW has been known for it forever. WoW has had a rep for hosting a lot of toxic, mouthy buttnuggets since vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you figure this out with geometric logic, while fondling ball bearings?
    Sure, silence and supress everyone, turn them into dickless and genderless automatas. Obey, be a good consoomer. No thanks, no fucking deal. I can't believe some people are so comfortable living like good obeying dogs. As if someone's agenda isn't clearly visible enough.

Blizzard needs to make a choice to either continue selling conflict and war, or keep this downward spiral ending up with bob the builder fantasy, which is by the way what is happening right now.

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    Sure, silence and supress everyone, turn them into dickless and genderless automatas. Obey, be a good consoomer. No thanks, no fucking deal. I can't believe some people are so comfortable living like good obeying dogs. As if someone's agenda isn't clearly visible enough.

Blizzard needs to make a choice to either continue selling conflict and war, or keep this downward spiral ending up with bob the builder fantasy, which is by the way what is happening right now.
    You seem to be enjoying making a mountain out of this molehill, but who am I to stop anyone from falling on their fainting couch over made up conspiracy?

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    No I am not. DoSing is literally a federal crime. The reason it does not always get charged is the people doing it are not always on the county and thus can not be charged.

The people who did the big one in 19/20 lived in the states and ther all got 5 years
    Sorry I didn't notice you changed tos to dos. I somehow just followed along mixing up my terms. Tos doesn't mean shit dosing does.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    You seem to be enjoying making a mountain out of this molehill, but who am I to stop anyone from falling on their fainting couch over made up conspiracy?
    That's fine, you don't have to agree to anything I say, nor I'm going to agree with your views.

So does Right click -> Report for spam, what's your point?
    Clearly u dont understand, the report spam option isn't what most people are using, they're using report for language, then putting in the "box" details, details like they felt personally "attacked" of took offense to it, which gets people auto banned, the system is being abused already, even before the 9.2.5 patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wavebossa View Post
    Yall will be alright

Getting upset over literally nothing.
    Another person who doesn't see it. must be nice to live in ignorance.

Will non-stop ganking and corpse camping be against social contract?

Corporations and their "social contracts" are a laughing stock. It reminds me of Disney, the NBA, or Nike lecturing the general public about how they aren't wholesome enough while they pay children $.30 an hour and work them 12 hours a day, 6 days a week to make their merchandise. Blizzard is no exception, they stand on their soapbox nagging and lecturing everyone and telling how much of a filthy sinner they are while behind closed doors they perpetrate more crimes than millions of their fan base could ever dream of committing.

"toxic" behaviour has no definition

if you think someone is "bad" its ok to use the report system and get them banned

when you are banned Blizzard will not tell you why you are banned
    FM is better today. So happy to see daish cry lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hungrydingo View Post
    Corporations and their "social contracts" are a laughing stock. It reminds me of Disney, the NBA, or Nike lecturing the general public about how they aren't wholesome enough while they pay children $.30 an hour and work them 12 hours a day, 6 days a week to make their merchandise. Blizzard is no exception, they stand on their soapbox nagging and lecturing everyone and telling how much of a filthy sinner they are while behind closed doors they perpetrate more crimes than millions of their fan base could ever dream of committing.
    You think the devs that came up with this social contract are the same ones committing crimes?

I promise you Bobby Kotick did not write this, nor did any of his lackeys.

Thank god I unsubbed a few months ago, this gets more ridiculous every day.

I hope you guys will have fun in Dragonflight with dead chats lol

Quote Originally Posted by qoozy View Post
    Will non-stop ganking and corpse camping be against social contract?
    i WOULDN'T be shocked if they did it nonstop it would be.

there was no spamming i was having a conversation with 3 other people over a chat channel

why do you create fictional stories
    having a private conversation on a zone wide channel is quite literally spamming as you are filling other peoples chat with messages they don't want and aren't even possibly of interest to them.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    having a private conversation on a zone wide channel is quite literally spamming as you are filling other peoples chat with messages they don't want and aren't even possibly of interest to them.
    ignore them or turn off /yell? each party involved has an option some have more than one. to cast blame on one is not logical. him having a conversation in a chat channel whether it be /2,/4,/yell,/guild is in no way a banable offense. unless of course the system of reporting is abused...... should his conversation took place in /yell, prob not, as there are other means to communicate with others. is it his fault you cant ignore him or leave the channel no one ever uses, no its not his fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    Not really. You could get suspended for even saying "I love World of Warcraft" if enough people report it. I recall Asmongold trying out the reporting system once and asked a bunch of people to report him for saying those exact words in the chat. And it got his account temporarily suspended.

If the whole report thing is automated by AI and not actual people, then the player base is gonna abuse it just to spite people they don't like and the machine will punish people for no reason. If the reporting is done by an actual person, it may have some success, but if it's done by an automated machine then it'll be flawed and be abused. (About as abused as the Kick button in group content.)

Saying a person "deserves it because enough people reported them" doesn't have much justification when you don't even know what they said that got them reported in the first place. It just means someone got enough people to /report them so that it gets the machine's attention.
    So what you are telling me that someone that was purposefully gaming the system was surprised that the system was gamed?

If a message get reported by a lot of people at once of course they would receive a instant silence. Asmons gamed the automated system and was angry that it worked as intended. That result was entirely expected and it is follishness to pretend otherwise.

Now If your argument is that it should be reviewed by a human I 100% agree. But some degree of automation will probably always be necessary.

Complaining about the social contract is pointless. In one way or another, every game has one of these.

WoW was the outlier. And this one is kinda soft still. Being sligthly rude in FFXIV will get your ass banned real fast.

To those that are afraid of being banned, just don't be a dick.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines