Poll: How do you feel about the Dracthyr and Evoker?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    Stand for love and reason.
    Tank you for your vague bait attempting to derail the thread from real issues this class/race is facing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    Tank you for your vague bait attempting to derail the thread from real issues this class/race is facing.
    Yet you typed this;

Activist at Blizzard Entertainment working whole hardily to push their narrative once again. What a disgusting abomination this is. I also have a confidence to admit that his might be just another Heroes of the Storm wheelchair class when it comes to ganeplay and mechanics.

This doesn't do any justice to powerful almighty Dragons of Azeroth. Nothing so far make sense, and since developers are trans people, this is just that, plain attempt to desensitize Wow's playerbase.
    You seriously think any of that tripe you posted is a real issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Precisely. WarCraft has had a distinct artstyle for decades and the current developers just no longer understand this anymore. Same could be said about a lot of the art in Shadowlands. It's so far removed from the style that the likes of Samwise Didier set in stone back in the 90s. This isn't WarCraft anymore.
    Is Samwise even part of WoW team these days?
    Quote Originally Posted by Supertoster View Post
    It is ThunderBrush art. He is an art-director of Paladins. A lot of his works are inspired by old blizzard artstyle.
    There is no surprise that a professional of his level understands how artstyle works.
    Good to know. The man gets it.

Real issues like having a trans person as part of their design team?

Pretty sure you're the one casting the line here.

Well to be fair I don't think they were going for a pure dragon design with these guys. But they were trying to mimic Maloriak since he is one of them, I think. If that's the case then they did pretty well. I still prefer something a little beefier though but it's hard to judge their scale, no pun intended, to the rest of the world from what I have seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    Is Samwise even part of WoW team these days?

Good to know. The man gets it.
    The last project I remember him having worked more extensively on was Heroes of the Storm back in the day. He's still at the company last I checked. If he was a part of the WoW team I doubt he would have let these designs go through.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2022-05-15 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graywolfofmibu View Post
    Well to be fair I don't think they were going for a pure dragon design with these guys. But they were trying to mimic Maloriak since he is one of them, I think. If that's the case then they did pretty well. I still prefer something a little beefier though but it's hard to judge their scale, no pun intended, to the rest of the world from what I have seen.
    Maloriak is a human fused with dragonspawn. Soythyr is a chihuahua fused with spider lizard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    The last project I remember him having worked more extensively on was Heroes of the Storm back in the day. He's still at the company last I checked. If he was a part of the WoW team I doubt he would have let these designs go through.
    Sad news for WoW. Things won't get better until artist follow the og style instead of twisting it.

I chose indifferent. In theory, both are cool ideas, but what we've been shown for Dracthyr looks nothing like I would picture a draconic race, and Evoker is seriously missing the mark not having a tank spec. Having said all that I haven't been subbed for a year or so and I don't exactly plan on subbing in the future. If they give me closed beta or free week of playtime or w/e, I might take a trip down memory lane and try out new stuff as well, but otherwise I've moved on.

Blizzard dropped the ball IMHO for a race that could be both factions. We already have demon hunters too that are tied to only two races. Less choice lowers player agency and choice which is always a bad thing.

We don't know enough of them atm for me to properly judge them. What we have seen sofar appearance wise looked pretty lame though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    I doubt it will happen unless they give them masculine models.
    We get it, you can't get your rocks off to a dragon unless it's a mountain of muscles...doesn't mean everyone is like you, I'm sure there is plenty of what you're looking for on rule 34

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I would feel a lot better about the race even if they just went the easy route and added an option to bulk them up a little like this.

Because the designs they’ve shown don’t do a good job presenting a “perfect draconic humanoid soldier” as they’re described to be.

But Thunderbrush’s edits would be ideal as an option in my mind, and I’d see most Dracthyr players picking something like that.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-05-15 at 05:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    We get it, you can't get your rocks off to a dragon unless it's a mountain of muscles...doesn't mean everyone is like you, I'm sure there is plenty of what you're looking for on rule 34
    This comment speaks more about you than me. Disgusting.

For now, I'm not a big fan of drakthyrs dragon form appearance but I don't care about them not showing transmog. The human visage is quite nice and the class is interesting, I'm eagerly waiting for more in-depth information about them