570. This poll is closed
  • Accept

461 80.88%
  • Exit game

109 19.12%
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    okay dude, you try and convince a person out in the real world that being called a "cry baby" is the same as being called the "n word" and see how hard you get laughed at.
    It's not the same. I see you lack the skills to comprehend the quote and the understanding that words can have multiple meanings.

/shrug

Accept and continue on completely unaffected.

/rolls eyes at anyone thinking this is even remotely an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    There is a woke right. It's called "red-pilled", which basically is the same thing.
    On the left side you have the things like society supression of free will, the rule of the patriarchy, etc.
    On the right side you have things like chemtrails/vaccines/5G suppressing free will, secret world government, etc.

It's pretty much the same concept: Elevating your group over the others by demeaning their opinions coming from a state of either mind control or internalized societal rules.
    On both sides the "elites" are the bad guys and the current order has to be eradicated to establish something new.
    I agree that it is the same concept in theory. The red pill referring to the matrix pill that wakes you up from what you think is reality so you can see the true reality. This also goes back to the Buddhist theory of awakening. It's arguable that Plato's allegory of the cave is a similar concept from a more western standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkyjunky View Post
    It's not the same. I see you lack the skills to comprehend the quote and the understanding that words can have multiple meanings.

/shrug
    or, consider you can't follow a conversation.

like, I really don't care about you nerds who deflect to technicalities and think that's somehow an argument anyone besides yourselves want to engage in.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2022-05-15 at 07:09 PM.

or, consider you can't follow a conversation.
    I followed it just fine. You insulted someone because you don't understand what words in the English language mean.

I just love the irony.

Quote Originally Posted by GotNoRice View Post
    Is this really different from any other Terms of Service legal nonsense?
    Well when it comes from Activision Blizzard, it is different. We all know they only care about money and this is a complete joke. They are not going to reinforce this in any way, and if they do it will be some slap on the wrist non sense, aint no way they banning subs when they are struggling to keep subs. All they care about is money and they are just trying to win ppl back.
    Last edited by Goat7; 2022-05-15 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post

Edit: It's unendingly amusing to me how the side of tolerance and acceptance are the people who want to ban people from the game.
    if you can't abide by the ToS that's not my problem dude. no one is asking YOU to have to be around people you don't want to engage with, but you're arguing that I should. to which I say: kindly fuck off over yonder.

it's really funny how to some people free speech starts with "me" and ends at "you".
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2022-05-15 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    You sure told him. /s
    ? Wasn't trying to. I was just saying bye to a child. Nothing more.

if you can't abide by the ToS that's not my problem dude. no one is asking YOU to have to be around people you don't want to engage with, but you're arguing that I should. to which I say: kindly fuck off over yonder.
    Just checked, the ignore list still works in game. Why can't we let people choose the kind of people they want to play with without banning anyone for saying mean words? Why is the idea of this so insane to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Lmao ok. Bye kid.
    your post just broke the social contract and would be enough to get your account banned

- - - Updated - - -

this post just broke the social contract and would be enough to get your WoW account banned
    10 reports = instant ban without GM review (people need to be in different guilds or you will need more reports)
    you can organize a 11th person in your discord to provoke the person you want banned then report for literary no real reason... anything that can be considered "toxic" is a valid reason for the ban to stay on the account and will not be removed
    https://youtu.be/OcSiCgFDYhY

Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    Just checked, the ignore list still works in game. Why can't we let people choose the kind of people they want to play with without banning anyone for saying mean words? Why is the idea of this so insane to you?
    again, if you can't abide by the ToS that's not my fucking problem dude lmaooooo

it's really funny how to some people free speech starts with "me" and ends at "you".
    this post just broke the social contract and would be enough to get your account banned
    10 reports = instant ban without GM review (people need to be in different guilds or you will need more reports)
    you can organize a 11th person in your discord to provoke the person you want banned then report for literary no real reason... anything that can be considered "toxic" is a valid reason for the ban to stay on the account and will not be removed

You have to be one of the few people I've seen that doesn't know that /s means sarcasm, as in, a sarcastic post. So you took seriously a sarcastic comment twice (micwini's and mine).

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    this post just broke the social contract and would be enough to get your account banned
    oh no, another cry bully got upset. what do.

again, if you can't abide by the ToS that's not my fucking problem dude lmaooooo
    this post just broke the social contract and would be enough to get your banned in WoW

- - - Updated - - -

oh no, another cry bully got upset. what do.
    just pointing out reality

this is not my opinion

Nonono , it doesn't work that way. Only the self-proclaimed saviors of mankind can abuse the contract to get people banned. And you can be sure that they will actively hunt for any perceived insult, no matter how small or out of context it is. Just like how they do with any social media these days.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    What does "woke" mean? I had to google it.

"aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)"

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/woke

Is there a "woke" right? How are they different than "woke" left?

People use the term "woke" like it's an insult -- an adjective to describe something or someone. How is woke bad? To me it seems like a compliment. A person who isn't actively aware of important facts and issues primarily affecting racial and social justice, sounds like a dipshit to me -- or at least living in a bubble, which isn't a place I'd want to be.
    Language evolves. Woke is a term used for far left people who are all about gender identity and so forth.

To some people, like me, its a negative. To others its a positive. Some people think being a racist is positive aswell

your post just broke the social contract and would be enough to get your account banned

- - - Updated - - -

this post just broke the social contract and would be enough to get your WoW account banned
    No it would not. You're a fool if you think so. The social contract is just having people read the tos that is it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    You have to be one of the few people I've seen that doesn't know that /s means sarcasm, as in, a sarcastic post. So you took seriously a sarcastic comment twice (micwini's and mine).
    I understand sarcasm. If that was your attemp. You fucking suck at it.

I understand sarcasm. If that was your attemp. You fucking suck at it.
    You told a guy who was speaking sarcastically "bye kid". You do not understand sarcasm because you took his sarcastic comment seriously.

That contract just says you should be a nice to other players. Why wouldn't I accept that when I always was nice and helpful to other players.