Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    There is luckily, still time to have that changed. All they have to do it permit both, but of course, keep benefits for Dragonriding.
    Not going to happen. THey are not going to defeat the purpose of their nrew feature by having everyone avoid it.NOBODY is going to use it if normal flying is availalbe all the time. PEople need to stop woith this. They are not going to change. You are ever going to get your flight on day 1 anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Not going to happen. THey are not going to defeat the purpose of their nrew feature by having everyone avoid it.NOBODY is going to use it if normal flying is availalbe all the time. PEople need to stop woith this. They are not going to change. You are ever going to get your flight on day 1 anymore.
    Well, according to statements, in the long run, the normal flight is going to be there too. For now, Dragonriding is the front line, later on, regular mounts.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    There were a couple tanky ones. Toothpick? Iron Phillip? Guillotine? Marz?
    as a world pvper guillotine was INSANELY broken, now maybe not so much, but dealt about 700 damage per hit, his abiltiy increasing his attack and movespeed by 300%, allowing him to do about 3k dps (pretty insane at 9.0, not too shabby now) and take i think its 70% less damage for 15 seconds, also bleeding, aoeing, and slowing by 30% anyone hit.

also back before we could fly flytrap was insane for travel, faster then a ground mount by about 50%, no fall damage, no dazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GMZohar1 View Post
    Dragonflying is renown, your mount learning to fly is timegated. So it will unlock and become flying over time, just probably around when you would have reached renown 20-40
    dragonflying is not renown, your mount learnign to fly is not timegated, where the fuck are you getting this info?
    the renown system will be used for the dragonflights, which are cosmetics, not dragonflying abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    as a world pvper guillotine was INSANELY broken, now maybe not so much, but dealt about 700 damage per hit, his abiltiy increasing his attack and movespeed by 300%, allowing him to do about 3k dps (pretty insane at 9.0, not too shabby now) and take i think its 70% less damage for 15 seconds, also bleeding, aoeing, and slowing by 30% anyone hit.

also back before we could fly flytrap was insane for travel, faster then a ground mount by about 50%, no fall damage, no dazing.
    Agreed. I only touched the necrolords after 9.1.5 when they allowed free switching and moved on once I got the meta but the stitchyard guys were fun personalities and some interesting moves. I was really bummed I couldn't go full speed on Flytrap without losing the carcass I had to return for his weekly.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, according to statements, in the long run, the normal flight is going to be there too. For now, Dragonriding is the front line, later on, regular mounts.
    Right. But it will be very limiting at first until you level it up and it becomes more normal as you go along. The point was having normal flight available day one would undermine the feature they are putting in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right. But it will be very limiting at first until you level it up and it becomes more normal as you go along. The point was having normal flight available day one would undermine the feature they are putting in.
    That is true but as said, the normal flight will be later but there too.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It's entirely possible that maxed Dragonriding will be quite faster than flight if you play it properly. Now if you want to afk in a straight line sure, flying will stay better.

Maybe they can rip off guild wars 2 flying with the griffon and skyscale.

The only time we ever did was Cata.

In BC you had to hit cap and raise a considerable amount of gold. In Wrath you had to get to something like 77th level and cough up a fair amount of gold. In MoP you had to hit the level cap and cough up a fair amount of gold.

Then in WoD all of a sudden it was "Flying won't be available right way, but probably in a later patch, it's ready to go we just have to flip a switch when it's time." This became "We don't think we need flying at all, we don't like it [and nor should you], and we'd have to do a fair bit of work to add it in." [i.e. We lied about it being ready to go, and didn't bother getting reader for it because we never actually intended to implement it.] It was only added after a player revolt, and lot of yelling, and a lot of people leaving, and even then it required an annoying rep grind and Loremaster, though at least they made it account-wide.

The thing is until WoD flight wasn't controversial amongst players, aside from some 'world PvPers', who when you questioned them generally turned out to really mean "I like ganking lowbies and it's wrong that they can mount up on a flying mount and get away from me". It only became an issue of any note because Blizzard made it one.

This time round we're getting at least some kind of flight from day one, even if it's probably just glorified gliding to start. As long as it's fun and useful by level cap I'm good with this new flight. I love the current flight, but this has the potential to be even better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It's entirely possible that maxed Dragonriding will be quite faster than flight if you play it properly. Now if you want to afk in a straight line sure, flying will stay better.
    Not just possible - they've said in plain speech that it's much faster and that's one reason they're making big maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    Maybe they can rip off guild wars 2 flying with the griffon and skyscale.
    You make it sounds like the games dont do this back and forth since forever.

This wouldnt be bad or shocking. Learning from other mmos is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    The only time we ever did was Cata.

In BC you had to hit cap and raise a considerable amount of gold. In Wrath you had to get to something like 77th level and cough up a fair amount of gold. In MoP you had to hit the level cap and cough up a fair amount of gold.
    IN Wrath and Mop gold was given awya laike candy to the point where buying flying was trivial.

Then in WoD all of a sudden it was "Flying won't be available right way, but probably in a later patch, it's ready to go we just have to flip a switch when it's time." This became "We don't think we need flying at all, we don't like it [and nor should you], and we'd have to do a fair bit of work to add it in." [i.e. We lied about it being ready to go, and didn't bother getting reader for it because we never actually intended to implement it.] It was only added after a player revolt, and lot of yelling, and a lot of people leaving, and even then it required an annoying rep grind and Loremaster, though at least they made it account-wide.
    They never said all they had to do was flip a switch. What they did say was that indecision on whether or not to bring flying back caused the designers to stop their work on readying the zones for flying and work in the rest of the game. The devs were split on whether flying should come back or not. They absolutely did intend to implement it, so the only one lying here is you.

The thing is until WoD flight wasn't controversial amongst players, aside from some 'world PvPers', who when you questioned them generally turned out to really mean "I like ganking lowbies and it's wrong that they can mount up on a flying mount and get away from me". It only became an issue of any note because Blizzard made it one.
    There was thread after thread demanding flying be removed from the game coming out of MOP. To say it wasn't controversial at tat point is to say another lie. They absolutely were getting "no flying" removal feedback and it was significant.

IN Wrath and Mop gold was given awya laike candy to the point where buying flying was trivial.
    Not right at the start it wasn't. It wasn't a big grind, sure, but it wasn't trivial until later in the expansion or in MoP if you'd spent a ton of time in Cata grinding up gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    Not right at the start it wasn't. It wasn't a big grind, sure, but it wasn't trivial until later in the expansion or in MoP if you'd spent a ton of time in Cata grinding up gold.
    YEs it was. In both cases I made more than enough gold from release through leveling up to make more than enough gold to pay for it, I did no grinding in TBC or Cata other then just enough to get 280% flying.

Dragonriding does sound very, very pointless. It's probably a lot faster than your 310 mount though, but still. Feels so very unneeded. They're going to spoil people with fast as hell flying and then rip it away again for the next expansion. Blizzard isn't in the business of adapting to what they learn about their playerbase.