7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well yes cool, it managed to convince you.
    Honestly, it was a work of art if you remember what Christie had to work with. She actually managed to make up for the shitshow Afrasiabi did during BfA.
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-05-16 at 10:02 AM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Honestly, it was a work of art if you remember what Christie had to work with. She actually managed to make up for the shitshow Afrasiabi did during BfA.
    I assume you've never read decent fantasy fiction or seen any form of art then. Sad.

7+ Year Old Account
    I assume you've never read decent fantasy fiction or seen any form of art then. Sad.
    Well, I usually read ASoIaF, Horus Heresy, Sword Art Online or Harry Potter - and for me it's quite enjoyable, thank you. For warcraft books, Sylvanas' is the best one we got so far.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Thursday is the 30-day mark since Dragonflight's announcement. I'm hoping they reveal some stuff. That Dracthyr blog would be very welcome at this point.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Thursday is the 30-day mark since Dragonflight's announcement. I'm hoping they reveal some stuff. That Dracthyr blog would be very welcome at this point.
    Dracthyr Blog, an overview for Dragonriding customizations, an overview for the dungeons aswell as first talent builds. Either that or Alpha would be welcome. The first alpha build hit almost a month ago and Ion said testing would be sooner than usual.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Dracthyr Blog, an overview for Dragonriding customizations, an overview for the dungeons aswell as first talent builds. Either that or Alpha would be welcome. The first alpha build hit almost a month ago and Ion said testing would be sooner than usual.
    Timing between when Alpha first appears in CDN and when it becomes publicly dataminable is I think close to 7 weeks? I would not expect Alpha before end of May-early June under normal conditions until 9.2.5 goes live anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new talents system should be shown this week I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    The new talents system should be shown this week I guess.
    Yeah I think that's the highest priority. Show at least a few of those. I'll remind people, the last time we got significant class revamp was in Legion. Less than one week after the expansion reveal we were given the full schedule for the class blogs including the first blog.

Sure a Drac'thyr cosmetic blog would be nice but outside the 30 people that very passionately assert they represent the entire WoW population (most of which probably doesn't even know what a Drac'thyr or Evoker is) I doubt that would be important. Nothing imo is more important than how the classes play.

7+ Year Old Account
    Timing between when Alpha first appears in CDN and when it becomes publicly dataminable is I think close to 7 weeks? I would not expect Alpha before end of May-early June under normal conditions until 9.2.5 goes live anyway.
    Yeah, that's the usual timeframe but they implied in interviews that we would get the df alpha sooner. So fingers crossed!

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I think that's the highest priority. Show at least a few of those. I'll remind people, the last time we got significant class revamp was in Legion. Less than one week after the expansion reveal we were given the full schedule for the class blogs including the first blog.

Sure a Drac'thyr cosmetic blog would be nice but outside the 30 people that very passionately assert they represent the entire WoW population (most of which probably doesn't even know what a Drac'thyr or Evoker is) I doubt that would be important. Nothing imo is more important than how the classes play.
    I was never that much in theorycrafting, but will people be able to do for example sims just with the new talent trees or would we need alpha access first?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Yeah, that's the usual timeframe but they implied in interviews that we would get the df alpha sooner. So fingers crossed!
    They just said we'd get it soon. Did they say sooner than usual? 9.2.5 is still on the PTR and we have not seen a release candidate. I am not even sure they've done a focus test of the Fated affix yet.

They said they wanted to get the talents out as soon as possible for people to see, so I'd imagine that's coming first, whenever it is.

7+ Year Old Account
    They just said we'd get it soon. Did they say sooner than usual? 9.2.5 is still on the PTR and we have not seen a release candidate. I am not even sure they've done a focus test of the Fated affix yet.
    They don't have to test season 4 stuff in order to release the patch though - they can easily do testing a few weeks before season 3 ends. Besides that, SotFO has shown that they can do testing internally just fine.

And Ion said "soon, no TM" which implies to me it's sooner than the classic blizzard soon(TM).

#TEAMGIRAFFE

I was never that much in theorycrafting, but will people be able to do for example sims just with the new talent trees or would we need alpha access first?
    The talent trees will not include coefficient so no sims. THere will likely be some napkin math but more importantly people with theorycrafting experience will be able to tell possible problematic interactions between talents or talents were the community will need clarification on their wording. They'll also get a much broader reaction to certain design choices like talented CC.

7+ Year Old Account
    The talent trees will not include coefficient so no sims. THere will likely be some napkin math but more importantly people with theorycrafting experience will be able to tell possible problematic interactions between talents or talents were the community will need clarification on their wording. They'll also get a much broader reaction to certain design choices like talented CC.
    I guess I just can't imagine what talent trees alone would bring, especially without numbers tuning. I guess you can go over them on paper, but playing them would be far more helpful than that, right?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

I guess I just can't imagine what talent trees alone would bring, especially without numbers tuning. I guess you can go over them on paper, but playing them would be far more helpful than that, right?
    In Legion with the class blogs several concepts they had for playstyles did not survive the initial exposure to the public; a few never made it to alpha and had already been changed by the time it launched. So yes, there is a lot of value with them showing us the concepts.

7+ Year Old Account
    In Legion with the class blogs several concepts they had for playstyles did not survive the initial exposure to the public; a few never made it to alpha and had already been changed by the time it launched. So yes, there is a lot of value with them showing us the concepts.
    Well I don't remember that but now I fear that potential cool concepts may end up cutted because of "feedback". Shouldn't the goal of the new talent trees be to give more options, more builds and more freedom? I know we will prolly end up with cookie cutter builds for specific situations, but imo more playstyles are always good!

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Well I don't remember that but now I fear that potential cool concepts may end up cutted because of "feedback". Shouldn't the goal of the new talent trees be to give more options, more builds and more freedom? I know we will prolly end up with cookie cutter builds for specific situations, but imo more playstyles are always good!
    Well the flipside of losing cool looking talents is that we might be able to point out some that are particularly bad or unfitting for the spec.

Marksmanship has had one of the worst talent trees ever since Legion, and it's important to get in early to point out which talents are boring, unusable, contrary to spec flavor, or even what we have now where some talent rows give you the choice between niche ST, niche AoE, or plain better at both.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Well the flipside of losing cool looking talents is that we might be able to point out some that are particularly bad or unfitting for the spec.

Marksmanship has had one of the worst talent trees ever since Legion, and it's important to get in early to point out which talents are boring, unusable, contrary to spec flavor, or even what we have now where some talent rows give you the choice between niche ST, niche AoE, or plain better at both.
    Well, I wouldn't mind if they could make non-lonewolf builds playable with 10.0. Never was a fan of choosing a pet class and be forced to play without your pet.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    God I hope so, I'm just scrambling for more information at this point..

Well, I wouldn't mind if they could make non-lonewolf builds playable with 10.0. Never was a fan of choosing a pet class and be forced to play without your pet.
    You can play with your pet though, you just lose out on burst and AoE. Your sustained single target damage is near enough what you do normally, and you additionally get the extra utility.
    The world revamp dream will never die!