570. This poll is closed
  • Accept

461 80.88%
  • Exit game

109 19.12%
Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcho View Post
    This game is becoming more trouble than it's worth.
    May as well get into fitness or take up painting.
    quit wow two years ago, lost 113 lbs, looking and feeling better than ever.

resubbed to see whats going on and quit within 30minutes, this game really isnt what it used to be.

A ''social contract'' from the company who's Billionaire CEO threatened to kill an employee is laughable and pandering.

Yes, no friends in game, nor do I feel the need to really talk to anyone anyway, so accepting a "social" contract in a game that requires ZERO social interaction is kinda sad and pointless. Honestly its just signing a contract so they can throw it in peoples face and ban them when they use the words F** and G** in every sentence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    This thread is pointless, because Blizzard just can't ask me to stay polite, if at the same time game mechanics promote toxicity. It's like giving me a gun, but asking me not to shoot other people. Problem is, if it won't be 100% guaranteed, that others won't shoot me first, then shooting others - is the best gaming strategy.
    There is no mechanic in the game, and I've said it before, that promotes toxic behavior. You keep blaming mechanics when in truth, it is yourself.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    oh it's absolutely a PR thing. they want to highlight the efforts they are taking, why wouldn't they?
    Point is that Blizzard putting the issue on the playerbase when they should be the ones solving the issue.
    Announcing that they're actually rebuilding their CS staff to have humans review reports would frankly be a much better announcement.

Nobody is going to act better because they accepted this social contract.

15+ Year Old Account
    Considering I do not engage in any negative behavior anyway, of course I will accept it. It's like agreeing to breathe.

That said, it is a useless gesture, in my opinion.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

I wonder how is this going to work on the epic bgs flame wars in chat lol

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    A new report system isnt really going to do anything by itself. We already have the option to report someone for language. What needs to change is on blizzards end as per usual, not on the players end. But once again Blizzard forces change on players on behalf of their own shortcomings.
    Close.

Blizz isn't actually forcing any change. They are just doing a very minimal effort by providing another option to report people so that people will feel better reporting toxicity...however, unless Blizz commits to actually hiring more people to actually enforce these more refined policies, the additional reporting will do nothing.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    It's almost as if this thing entirely unncesecessary and largely comes off as a PR stunt or product of a meeting with a bunch of very naive designers.
    That is what you're choosing to read into it.

The ridiculous thing about your position is that you're pretty much committed to condemning them whatever they do. If they choose to do nothing, then they're guilty of allowing toxicity in their game. If they do something, that's just PR.

It's endlessly amusing how "don't be an asshole" is seen as oppression by some people.
    WoW is a private platform. They make rules. The social contract is just a reminder of the rules as they pertain to interacting with other players, something the game sadly seems to need.
    If someone came into your home and started calling your wife a bitch and yelling at your kids would you just shrug and go "free speech, what're you going to do?" or would you kick them out? Same idea, private property means playing by the rules of whoever owns that property or leaving one way or the other.

I thought we already had one like a month or two ago. I pressed accept, it’s just a game

Im going to.. press accept and keep doing exactly what I'm already doing, since I'm not a fucking tool like so many people who play the game are, and thus don't get reported on an apparently daily basis.

Turns out not acting like a dickhead is actually not very challenging if you're not a dickhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcho View Post
    This game is becoming more trouble than it's worth.
    May as well get into fitness or take up painting.
    In what way is a reiteration of the ToS you already agreed to, which is basically "don't be a cunt", making the game worse?

It means nothing and I'll hit accept. Just like all TOS their enforceability is dubious at best. The social contract isn't even remotely approaching the dubious nature of regular TOS so it ultimately means nothing.
    I'm sure after I "accept" it nothing will change in game. People will still be shitty to each other. Its their God given right to act like an asshole.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can already imagine the mental process of some players now.

"I want to play WoW today."

*boots up WoW, social contract pops up*

*Naw I don't agree to this"

*clicks "No"*

*Game closes*

"...but, I want to play WoW?"

*boots game back up, social contract pops up"

*Clicks "No" again*

EDIT: At the very least, perhaps they should add another text box after you click "No" instead of immediately closing the game. Something like "Are you sure you do not agree?" or something like that. I mean if somebody is hard pressed to say no regardless, fine, but you never know who may have a change of heart...
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2022-05-16 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    That is what you're choosing to read into it.

The ridiculous thing about your position is that you're pretty much committed to condemning them whatever they do. If they choose to do nothing, then they're guilty of allowing toxicity in their game. If they do something, that's just PR.
    Funny, because on this very same page i wrote
    Announcing that they're actually rebuilding their CS staff to have humans review reports would frankly be a much better announcement.
    Because that's the crux, you need humans to review and police that, putting up rules for its own sake won't do shit unless you enforce them.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2022-05-16 at 03:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Don't be a dick"

[accept] /[exit game]

That sums it up, big MMOC argument of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Some of these are actually rules in my guild so..
    We go with "No politics or Religion, and Don't Be A Dick." It's worked pretty well over the years - we've had to talk to a few people, throw out one or two, and had some people split to form their own guild, and most of the drama was people that couldn't help but rub each other the wrong way, rather than someone actually being terrible. Not too bad for a guild that's been active since vanilla and once upon a time over a hundred active members (Cata saw the end of that).

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I think they have started enforcing it a bit more. I recently got a week suspension after calling people who pulled Consumption early fucking dumb cunts, and a few other things as well. Was it deserved? probably, bit long in my opinion but I am biased. will I do it again? fuck no
    The average American gets all irrational when you use the C-word. To an Aussie, Kiwi, and many from the British Isles, what you said wasn't much. The Americans tend to see it otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

It's almost as if this thing entirely unncesecessary and largely comes off as a PR stunt or product of a meeting with a bunch of very naive designers.
    PR+HR+legal having a meeting, probably. It stinks of some kind of PC action committee's output.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Lmao ok. Bye kid.
    hahah, ofc not. The /s at the end means sarcasm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    It's like giving me a gun, but asking me not to shoot other people.
    Peak American post
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.