Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    They started reinventing the wheel, and the reason to use outside tool is because it will be cheaper, better and have support. Meanwhile they will have to maintain their mediocre solution themselves.

It doesn't matter how their UI framework work in game, in the end its just a dynamic texture rendered on some mesh and I am fairly sure i have way more "idea" than you will ever have, guess how? Well i worked with 3D engines and I am a dev myself

Been there done that, learned my lesson, there are several things you just don't reinvent, UI toolkits are one, microsoft tried multiple times, silverlight, dhtml, wpf, their own html engine, everything failed miserably. Company that is magnitudes bigger.

LOL at thinking VR is not interesting
    The tool didnt exist, CiG have made thier own tool that does more than just UI features so for star citizen thier building blocks tool is far superior than the tool you think is better suited, being a dev doesnt give you any clue on how thier building blocks tool actually works so you are unable to say what is better for the game.

Its not about reinventing anything, CiG are building tools they need that dont or didnt exist, why would they then abandon work on all the tools they have created to use an outside tool, it makes no sense at all, making in house tools/tech also opens up more sources of generating income.

VR has never been that interesting, until they make a full dive VR tech then its never going to be anything other than a gimmick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amorac View Post
    There are more VR users in the US alone then there are Star Citizens backers, 55+ (in 2020) vs 3,7 million (currently),that is only a little more then a Youtube channel for VR (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzu...WbgTzMuM09WKDQ)

Worldwide there are something like 170 million users.

Seems weird to ignore those numbers.

https://financesonline.com/virtual-reality-statistics/

https://99firms.com/blog/virtual-reality-statistics/
    VR will come eventually but its not a priority, there are plenty things way more important than putting in VR only a small playerbase would actually use, it would also be a ton of work to implement properly, the community much prefers them focusing on the game rather than having VR at launch.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    VR has never been that interesting
    To you. That's it. You need to really stop speaking as if your opinion is a fact and holds more weight than it does.

- - - Updated - - -

VR will come eventually but its not a priority, there are plenty things way more important than putting in VR only a small playerbase would actually use
    Yeah like making AI take realistic dumps and having "bedsheet deformation". You know, the REAL important shit.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    VR is a fad that is going the way of 3D TV's. It isn't even worth trying to implement in Star Citizen because A) it runs on CryEngine which is already shit at doing most things B) I doubt there's enough of a market to put the effort in, especially at this stage in the game when there's way bigger fish to fry as far as development tasks are concerned, like completing the actual game.

The tool didnt exist, CiG have made thier own tool that does more than just UI features so for star citizen thier building blocks tool is far superior than the tool you think is better suited, being a dev doesnt give you any clue on how thier building blocks tool actually works so you are unable to say what is better for the game.

Its not about reinventing anything, CiG are building tools they need that dont or didnt exist, why would they then abandon work on all the tools they have created to use an outside tool, it makes no sense at all, making in house tools/tech also opens up more sources of generating income.

VR has never been that interesting, until they make a full dive VR tech then its never going to be anything other than a gimmick..
    DUDE its literally a poor version of chromium element inspector. Of course multiple similar tools (UI tooklits) do exist
    They reinvented the wheel, period. Better for game is to buy a license for something that exists already because its:
    1. Cheaper
    2. Better
    3. Has support
    4. Faster
    5. More tested
    6. Lets you focus on real work

Their "building blocks" (lol) is superior to maybe their previous trash on flash. Doesn't even come close to anything enterprise.

No you know why it takes so long to get this released, cause devs are incompetent and keep reinventing wheels.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Knew very little about this game outside the general infamy, found this video very informative:

Gotta admit from what is shown of the game it does actually look cool but I'm firmly against any kind of early access. I prefer to wait for a full release before giving a game any of my time.

DUDE its literally a poor version of chromium element inspector. Of course multiple similar tools (UI tooklits) do exist
    They reinvented the wheel, period. Better for game is to buy a license for something that exists already because its:
    1. Cheaper
    2. Better
    3. Has support
    4. Faster
    5. More tested
    6. Lets you focus on real work

Their "building blocks" (lol) is superior to maybe their previous trash on flash. Doesn't even come close to anything enterprise.

No you know why it takes so long to get this released, cause devs are incompetent and keep reinventing wheels.
    You have not used thier tool and know nothing about it so dont pretend you know what you are talking about. Unless you work for CiG and use thier building blocks tool you are ignorant to what is better or not. If there was a better tool CiG would use it, there is more advantages to building your own tool and thier building block tool does a ton more than just UI.

The tool you suggested didnt even start development until around 2018 and its still getting worked on, CiG made thier own tool in a similar timeframe that does a hell of alot more than some UI elements.

Star Citizen requires tools that didnt exist yet and those tools have to be made first before everything is going to work, the game isnt taking too long to be developed, its taking as much time as it has to. CiG needs to make many tools anyway for many aspects of the game, adding in a UI function to developing tools is the best option.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2022-05-16 at 04:55 PM.

You have not used thier tool and know nothing about it so dont pretend you know what you are talking about. Unless you work for CiG and use thier building blocks tool you are ignorant to what is better or not.
    C’mon everyone, drink that shot!

Shit, to bad that this sort of shit doesn’t seem to apply to himself though, as he is pretty “sure” about a lot of shit regarding this project.

Star Citizen requires tools that didnt exist yet
    Last edited by banmebaby; 2022-05-16 at 05:16 PM.
    Ahahahaha!

microsoft tried multiple times, silverlight, dhtml, wpf, their own html engine, everything failed miserably. Company that is magnitudes bigger.
    You forgot WWF, WCF and other unrelated technologies, the hell....
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

the game isnt taking too long to be developed
    Right.... Totally blowing past dates they set is okay as we all know.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    VR is a fad that is going the way of 3D TV's. It isn't even worth trying to implement in Star Citizen because A) it runs on CryEngine which is already shit at doing most things B) I doubt there's enough of a market to put the effort in, especially at this stage in the game when there's way bigger fish to fry as far as development tasks are concerned, like completing the actual game.
    What's hilarious is that CiG, for all their stupid useless immersion tech, should love VR. And VR would be way more immersive then shitting schedules for npcs.

Also if any group had VR setups ready to go it'd be the group of people spending thousands on jpegs.

So Unreal Engine 5 - off the shelf engine - is way better looking and with more features and better running? Yikers. So many human years wasted on inventing the wheel, and free wheel is better.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    So Unreal Engine 5 - off the shelf engine - is way better looking and with more features and better running? Yikers. So many human years wasted on inventing the wheel, and free wheel is better.
    I don't know if UE5 would be suited to handle the individual physics on tons of individual parts of fighters reacting realistically to impacts in a dogfight featuring dozens of ships.

Then again, no engine can so that is not exactly a roadblock
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    What's hilarious is that CiG, for all their stupid useless immersion tech, should love VR. And VR would be way more immersive then shitting schedules for npcs.

Also if any group had VR setups ready to go it'd be the group of people spending thousands on jpegs.
    Kenn is so far off the mark on the VR front it's ridiculous. The flight sim community is probably one of the largest segments of the VR userbase, and there's a big overlap between that community and SC.

Since linking pointless metrics is popular among a handful of people in this thread, I thought I'd share this neat graph I stumbled across today.

Last edited by Henako; 2022-05-17 at 02:03 AM.

The tool you suggested didnt even start development until around 2018 and its still getting worked on, CiG made thier own tool in a similar timeframe that does a hell of alot more than some UI elements.
    Mr clown, apologies for correcting you again since obviously you are talking rubbish once again, yourself being clueless.

The very first version of the tool came out on 2012 even BEFORE the Star citizen Kickstarter and by the time proper development of the circus started was already on 2.0

Here let's all laugh once again :

https://coherent-labs.com/about-us/

https://starcitizen.tools/Crowdfunding_campaign

Quote Originally Posted by - Zephox - View Post
    Mr clown, apologies for correcting you again since obviously you are talking rubbish once again, yourself being clueless.

The very first version of the tool came out on 2012 even BEFORE the Star citizen Kickstarter and by the time proper development of the circus started was already on 2.0

Here let's all laugh once again :

https://coherent-labs.com/about-us/

https://starcitizen.tools/Crowdfunding_campaign
    The coherant gameface tool is the current tool, it didnt start being that tool until the end of 2018 so everything before it is just work to actually start creating it, so you are yet to correct anyone and you are the one talking rubbish. Not many companies will want to use an indevelopment tool when they can just make thier own that will actually do what they want.

All you have done is embarrass yourself, i have seen what each tool can do and the building blocks tool is far superior in what its able to do especially for the game its designed for.

So CiG have made a superior tool in far less time than a company actually dedicated to making a tool.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2022-05-17 at 02:45 PM.

Lol, the lack of self-awareness here is just impressive.
    Ahahahaha!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    guys, hows the 3.17 and vulkan implementation? is there rly a difference? Edge, how is your performance with your beast PC now?
    srsly, does noone in this thread ACTUALLY play this game...?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

I haven't for a bit, I dip my toes in to see if it's worth playing yet and it's still not. Ship randomly exploded while flying on Stanton, woke up in a medical facility, couldn't figure out how to put my space suit back on or anything and put it away again.

But performance was much better. How much of that is tied to spawning on "not Orison" vs. actual improvements, I don't know. But it was still very choppy any time NPC's were around like at the hanger.

Might dip my toes back in again during Invictus when that kicks off, haven't checked one out before.

The game has pretty much remained the same for the past half decade. Stanton system with 50 player cap, very little to do, and system after system being piled on that makes it take longer to accomplish anything and makes the game less fun, such as losing your inventory upon death, losing reputation with factions and having to grind to recover it, prison sentences that are served out in real time, etc. I occasionally log in to check out new locations or ships, but that's about it. I had a ton of fun playing SC for hundreds of hours, but that was years ago when the playerbase wasn't spread out across an entire star system and the game was more "instant action", with little to no travel time and other obstructions to fun.

I might invest hundreds of hours more into SC if they fix the server situation and remove armistice zones.

The thing is, SC wasn't what I originally backed for. I originally backed for the singleplayer campaign, with the multiplayer being a side thing I might have dabbled in. Turns out, the multiplayer was pleasantly fun, but I'm still waiting for the game I was promised.

You have not used thier tool and know nothing about it so dont pretend you know what you are talking about. Unless you work for CiG and use thier building blocks tool you are ignorant to what is better or not. If there was a better tool CiG would use it, there is more advantages to building your own tool and thier building block tool does a ton more than just UI.

Star Citizen requires tools that didnt exist yet and those tools have to be made first before everything is going to work, the game isnt taking too long to be developed, its taking as much time as it has to. CiG needs to make many tools anyway for many aspects of the game, adding in a UI function to developing tools is the best option.
    Dude please, what are you even on about. Their UI toolkit is shit compared to anything professionally made, lets face it, its just a html-like clone. Not sure if you knew but html is literally "building blocks".

Star citizen didn't require anything that html does not offer out of the box because HTML is a fucking king when it comes to possibilists, NOTHING comes even remotely close. Especially not their tool.

Also coherent labs isn't the only solution btw.
    Chromium Embedded Framework
    Initial release: June 1, 2009; 12 years ago
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV