Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    --snip--
    VGcharts is 200% not creditable fyi.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    In total sales? Because that's not true, Sony announced they're shy of 20M sales of PS5 recently while Microsoft just announced 12M total sales for X|S.

Microsoft has outsold Sony the past two quarters (and Microsoft's CEO is doing a victory lap over that), but how much of that is actual organic demand surpassing that of PS5 vs. supply chain issues and there simply being more X|S hardware available that hasn't sold-out previously and folks are picking up now, is an open question.
    It's all pretty much because S stock is far easier to produce then X and PS5 stock, you can walk into any store in the US right now and buy an S but you can't buy an X or PS5 that easy.

Anyways Sony forecasts shipping like 18 mil PS5s this FY, they will sell every single one of those and nobody here believes there will be 18 million combined Xbox sales for the same time period, just completely unrealistic so yea "higher market share in 2 quarters" is pretty prime cherry picking.

But yea, S stock being readily available is allowing MS to be more competitive then they otherwise would be so it was a good idea on their part I suppose even though I still personally think that console is a garbage heap and waste of space.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-05-12 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    VGcharts is 200% not creditable fyi.
    Let me just say this. VGCharts week to week numbers, speaking ONLY of hardware numbers not software, at the time of their release, will not be accurate. However, the website updates their numbers as metadata and actual numbers are eventually released or extrapolated. Over time, the numbers for any time period on the website become more accurate.

The issue is that the weekly numbers were never relevant to begin with, and the long term numbers, which are relatively much more accurate, are the important numbers anyway. Traditionally, marginalizing their numbers has been common, but also arbitrary. They are close enough for what they are, and i'm not sure how anyone but a major company selling their results could do much better.

If the hardware numbers were never adjusted, I would be right there with you, but they are adjusted very frequently and re-extrapolated once real data comes out. Over time this also increases the accuracy of the guess work, and this website has been doing this for a long time. Over time they have also greatly increased their data points.

I just think that even though short term the numbers can be inaccurate, the site gets a lot more grief than it should. It provides a service to the gaming community, imo. Their numbers should always be taken with a grain of salt, but completely discounting all their data is also putting one's head in the sand.

Software is a whole different ballgame, they do update, but there is just a lot less info, along with digital sales, that make software very difficult to gauge, and imo, I would not go by software numbers that weren't provided by the publisher or developer.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-05-13 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Let me just say this. VGCharts week to week numbers, speaking ONLY of hardware numbers not software, at the time of their release, will not be accurate. However, the website updates their numbers as metadata and actual numbers are eventually released or extrapolated. Over time, the numbers for any time period on the website become more accurate.

The issue is that the weekly numbers were never relevant to begin with, and the long term numbers, which are relatively much more accurate, are the important numbers anyway. Traditionally, marginalizing their numbers has been common, but also arbitrary. They are close enough for what they are, and i'm not sure how anyone but a major company selling their results could do much better.

If the hardware numbers were never adjusted, I would be right there with you, but they are adjusted very frequently and re-extrapolated once real data comes out. Over time this also increases the accuracy of the guess work, and this website has been doing this for a long time. Over time they have also greatly increased their data points.

I just think that even though short term the numbers can be inaccurate, the site gets a lot more grief than it should. It provides a service to the gaming community, imo. Their numbers should always be taken with a grain of salt, but completely discounting all their data is also putting one's head in the sand.

Software is a whole different ballgame, they do update, but there is just a lot less info, along with digital sales, that make software very difficult to gauge, and imo, I would not go by software numbers that weren't provided by the publisher or developer.
    There is never any official Xbox sales data published outside of them announcing if the had a strong month or quarter without any sales numbers to go with said statement. Not even exclusive to consoles, MS doesn't share hardware data period anymore not even how many surface tablets they sold or anything else. The only market you even get reliable Xbox numbers from is Japan.

So yes, VGChartz is 100% bullshit with it's Xbox numbers. They can eventually correct PS and Nintendo numbers since both companies do sales updates but the fact they try to flaunt Xbox numbers when no official ones exist show what a sham the site is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cba to read 14 pages of posts but I just wanted to post this: Xbox controller > PS controller.

Fight me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Cba to read 14 pages of posts but I just wanted to post this: Xbox controller > PS controller.

Fight me.
    They're both good, up to what feels better in someones hands. I have tried the latest controllers yet (don't have anything current-gen) but while I don't dislike the dualshock design, I do prefer the xbox/windows controller option when given a choice. Got an extra xbox one controller that I use on my PC for playing action games and whatnot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    They're both good, up to what feels better in someones hands. I have tried the latest controllers yet (don't have anything current-gen) but while I don't dislike the dualshock design, I do prefer the xbox/windows controller option when given a choice. Got an extra xbox one controller that I use on my PC for playing action games and whatnot.
    Yeah I actually kinda forgot about the PS5 controller being a bit bigger than the previous ones (I think?). That said I have big hands (giggity) and the xbox controllers have always felt more comfortable in my hands. That and the fact the left joystick being higher up on xbox controllers feels better to me, than both being lower down like on PS controllers.

When stock starts to get better I think I'll get myself a Series X, if I decide to get a current gen console.

I like my Series S. It's small, cheap, and it plays some of my favourite games at 60 fps with decent graphics. One of my better gaming purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post

Fight me.
    No need for a fight. Everyone I've met who's even remotely neutral or uninvested in the console war pissing contest said they prefer the XBOX controller. There's a reason third-parties and even Nintendo basically copied it.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    There is never any official Xbox sales data published outside of them announcing if the had a strong month or quarter without any sales numbers to go with said statement. Not even exclusive to consoles, MS doesn't share hardware data period anymore not even how many surface tablets they sold or anything else. The only market you even get reliable Xbox numbers from is Japan.

So yes, VGChartz is 100% bullshit with it's Xbox numbers. They can eventually correct PS and Nintendo numbers since both companies do sales updates but the fact they try to flaunt Xbox numbers when no official ones exist show what a sham the site is.
    100% about just xbox numbers, yeah, probably.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    No need for a fight. Everyone I've met who's even remotely neutral or uninvested in the console war pissing contest said they prefer the XBOX controller. There's a reason third-parties and even Nintendo basically copied it.
    I like the layout, but if feels cheaper due to that battery compartment(2 piece plastic design that can feel rattley), and I do prefer rechargeable controllers. The feedback and rumble features on the PS5 controller put it a step ahead for me(they really are a gamechanger for some games), but I do enjoy the offset layout of the joysticks on the Xbox controller. I've also bought a new Xbox controller and had it come with a R trigger that seemed to cause an issue. It seemed to have leftover injection molding attach point(I guess) blocking the function of the trigger, and I ended up having to file it down at that spot just a touch to clear the side of the enclosure.

I do love how easy they are to mod.

I wish they would take their current design, and just add some features.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-05-13 at 07:57 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Buuuuut I wanted to fiiiiighhhttt Jokes aside, I'm kinda surprised I guess. All my friends both RL and online all prefer the PS controller.

I like the layout, but if feels cheaper due to that battery compartment(2 piece plastic design that can feel rattley), and I do prefer rechargeable controllers. The feedback and rumble features on the PS5 controller put it a step ahead for me(they really are a gamechanger for some games), but I do enjoy the offset layout of the joysticks on the Xbox controller. I've also bought a new Xbox controller and had it come with a R trigger that seemed to cause an issue. It seemed to have leftover injection molding attach point(I guess) blocking the function of the trigger, and I ended up having to file it down at that spot just a touch to clear the side of the enclosure.

I do love how easy they are to mod.

I wish they would take their current design, and just add some features.
    I bought some rechargeable battery packs for my xbox controller, but I'm kinda glad there is the option to just put 2 AA batteries in it as well.

Edit: Just realised you meant directly recharging the controller. Yeah I'll admit the battery compartment on the xbox controller feels a little cheap... but meh.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2022-05-13 at 09:05 PM.

Dualsense shits on any xbox controller and I say that even while usually preferring asymmetrical sticks and used the Switch Pro Controller on pc prior to Dualsense existing.

Also for the record as someone who traveled to fighting game tournaments over the years in the few years before covid I saw a massive amount of DS4s being used and very few Xbox controllers being used. DS4s started to get close to or even out number fighting sticks at these events and I highly doubt those people trying to be competitive are console warriors even if I personally didn't get it.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-05-14 at 05:40 AM.

Didn't realize Phil acknowledged the pain on this one:

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/15...rd-on-our-fans

Hopefully the Xbox Series X 2 won't take a gap year.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-05-16 at 07:19 PM.

Didn't realize Phil acknowledged the pain on this one:

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/15...rd-on-our-fans

Hopefully the Xbox Series X 2 won't take a gap year.
    Delivering quality & consistency is expected, we will continue to work to better meet those expectations.
    Lol, what the fuck has he even been doing, then? Isn't that kinda like, his job as head of the Xbox division? To set it up for success? Isn't that the reason they bought a bunch of gaming studios last generation even before the Bethesda acquisition (much less ATVI).

It's crazy how they're basically facing the same problem that they did last-gen with a nearly nonexistent first party lineup outta the gate. Stuff they revealed early on like Hellblade 2 and shit is still MIA, major entries were/are delayed or unannounced (sup with Gears and Forza?), and they're leaning on Game Pass.

I figured he spent last generation resetting the overall strategy with the pivot towards Game Pass being the most "easily" achievable goal (in that it's super complex, but it's a service where they can just pay devs to put their games on it vs. needing to create new games regularly) helping fill the gap while they prepped for a strong "next-gen" release lineup.

For as charismatic as he is, and he's infinitely more likeable than a Don Matrick, I'm still not remotely impressed with his performance in the role. He mostly seems good at buying existing developers/publishers using Daddy Microsoft's money.

I feel like people need to calm down about the first party line up. Release dates and announcements often don't happen until around E3 so they still have time to line something up for the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    I feel like people need to calm down about the first party line up. Release dates and announcements often don't happen until around E3 so they still have time to line something up for the fall.
    Eh if by the consoles 2nd birthday the only things they have put out for it are Halo Infinite, Forza Horizon 5, ports of old games and some releases of games that where almost finished before MS even owned the studios they came from that's a pretty big ooof on their planning. Color me skeptical they are sitting on some secret release to fill the void of Starfield.

Halo Infinite campaign was decent(don't really care about MP personally so no comment on it) and Forza Horizon 5 was a great arcade racer as all the horizon games are but with all the fucking studios they own they have to do better than that. Phil Spencer is proving to be a poor manager of his talent. They remind me of Sony from the early PS3 days where they owned a ton of studios but had no games to show for it, compared to the 360 where MS barely owned any studios but was crapping on their out put. The exact opposite is the case now. Hopefully they turn it around instead of all these studios going the way of lionhead.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-05-18 at 08:48 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what people expect when they buy studios with 1-3 ips with a release candance of 4-6 years each.

Like, activision has a ton of ips but they dont do anything other than cod and blizzard has released 3 non remasters in 18 years

Rare is garbage and doesnt do anything anymore

Ninja theory has 1 ip that had decent success and a history of 5-7/10s

Instead of buying studios, they should just pay to help publish games like sony does that people actually want. Skies of arcadia 2, jet set radio, a new smt, some square rpg, etc.

Like you guys can screech about how cool gamepass is, but its not good if it gets shitty first party games, shitty indie games and games that came out years ago i already played. I bought a year of it and only played ori 2. I shoulda just bought it and saved money lol

I get a ton of use out of gamepass. Just because you personally don't like the games doesn't mean it isn't still great.

I just want games to play, it doesn't matter if it's first party or not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Like ok enjoy your 5 year old games that you cant resell and lose your save data if you dont buy it specifically on xbox

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Like ok enjoy your 5 year old games that you cant resell and lose your save data if you dont buy it specifically on xbox
    Most of the games I play are brand new so no idea what you're talking about.