570. This poll is closed
  • Accept

461 80.88%
  • Exit game

109 19.12%
Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    That's riddicilous and childish. HOW the hell can they POSSIBLY track whether people help others in the open, it's laughable to even write something like that. I get they might have strict rules on what you write, but what you write can be tracked.
    That's why it says "do your best to" and not "you are required to". Hello?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    That's why it says "do your best to" and not "you are required to". Hello?
    Yeah, that's why it's silly to even write it.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Yeah, that's why it's silly to even write it.
    Because it's a suggestion instead of a requirement? There's no way to legally keep track of how much people sleep, that doesn't make "Try not to drive a vehicle while sleep deprived" a silly thing to suggest. It's hard to monitor who litters in a large national park, but "Please make sure to clean up when leaving the campsite" is still a reasonable sign to have.

It's a reminder to be a decent person.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    This social contract is hilariously transparent attempt to divert attention from the bad things they've been doing, same with their 'diversity chart' thing.

If I end up picking up Dragonflight I'll of course hit accept like I do with the TOS, and then proceed to ignore it and just play the game like I always do.
    *Blizzard cures cancer*
    "This a is hilariously transparent attempt to divert attention from the bad things they've been doing"

No matter what they do its just an attempt to divert attention, its all it ever is these days.

literally just putting a part of the TOS but better written to try and discourage toxicity...
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

I'll not accept and just stop giving them 15 a month. no big deal.

In B4 white knight soy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    This thread is pointless, because Blizzard just can't ask me to stay polite, if at the same time game mechanics promote toxicity. It's like giving me a gun, but asking me not to shoot other people. Problem is, if it won't be 100% guaranteed, that others won't shoot me first, then shooting others - is the best gaming strategy.
    I have literally never seen a more psycho-fucking-pathic American post before

"If i am giving a gun i am going to shoot everyone else cause its not guaranteed they wont shoot me first, shooting everyone is the best strategy"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ztkraptor View Post
    I'll not accept and just stop giving them 15 a month. no big deal.

In B4 white knight soy.
    too bad you've literally been pressing accept this very same TOS since 2004, so whos the soy now?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    There is no mechanic in the game, and I've said it before, that promotes toxic behavior. You keep blaming mechanics when in truth, it is yourself.
    speaking he said if he was given a gun he would start randomly shooting people cause they may shoot him first, yeah i wonder who is the fucking crazy one, them or the "mechanics"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Risale View Post
    If as you said it is part of the TOS then there is no need for them to force you to hit either accept or exit the game as per these images at least in the EU.
    A social contract is not enforcable a TOS on the other hand is.
    Just add the exact text to the legal TOS and your good, having this as separate addition just won't work and if they ban you over it then they can be forced by a court to reinstate you.
    idk if you noticed but first time logging in you are also shown the TOS which does already include everything shown here, this is literally just a social contract to give a more upfront section on toxicity which is already covered in the TOS, but the TOS is huge so they rather show this separate from the TOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Malcho View Post
    This game is becoming more trouble than it's worth.
    May as well get into fitness or take up painting.
    Because being a normal, polite human being is so hard right? Says a lot about you lol.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    You can’t call a painting gay for not doing enough dps.
    I sure as hell am going to try

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ArmatisUlv View Post
    Because being a normal, polite human being is so hard right? Says a lot about you lol.
    I think peoples issue with the social contract is that they are being told what to do. I think it also leave room for exploitive behavior where people try to abuse the system to get people banned; but that's just speculative at this point. You would think the need for this "social contract" wouldn't even need to exist honestly. But then again we did just have 4 years of bad orange man and 2 years of covid not to mention the riots so people are pretty charged these days and all it takes is a random comment drop into trade chat and the whole system melts down.

Yes they own the account however they have in the past been forced to give back accounts to suspended/banned players due to the fact that these players still had game time on their accounts. As soon as that was up they lost those accounts but still Blizz was forced to give them back even if temporary.
    Do you have a link, or any proof of this? A quick google provided zero supporting articles about Blizzard ever being forced to unban an account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Yes they own the account however they have in the past been forced to give back accounts to suspended/banned players due to the fact that these players still had game time on their accounts. As soon as that was up they lost those accounts but still Blizz was forced to give them back even if temporary.
    When? Do you have some actual proof of this? Because im not aware of this ever occurring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoreyai View Post
    quit wow two years ago, lost 113 lbs, looking and feeling better than ever.

resubbed to see whats going on and quit within 30minutes, this game really isnt what it used to be.

A ''social contract'' from the company who's Billionaire CEO threatened to kill an employee is laughable and pandering.
    And you stay for the community? Go outside man. Enjoy your health man! Don't wast time with us basement lords.

Also to the moderator from before- I didn't see the warning sorry. I honestly do not even know what this topic us but I teach math. Drinking and interpreting data is what I enjoy doing after work.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    "Don't be a dick"

[accept] /[exit game]

That sums it up, big MMOC argument of the week.
    TBF MMOC posters have a storied history of defending their right to be an asshole

Blademaster
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    Its not, its just that some gamers feel entitled to act anti-social and abusive in their online presence.
    Abusive players aren't welcome in World of Warcraft. But what is wrong with anti-social behavior? Some people want to play the game and not hang out with you. Can't force them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    Its not, its just that some gamers feel entitled to act anti-social and abusive in their online presence.
    Yep, and then we get annoyed at them for disrespecting other players with a complete disregard for teamwork, effort or having any idea how their role/class works. Then when we finally snap and call them out for not doing the bare minimum to avoid wasting four other peoples' time by doing the slightest bit of research or developing a sense of situational awareness, they can't handle it.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

I will press "accept" with out reading just like normal.

how is this any different from before? why do people care about this?

Assholes are angry about a message telling them not to be assholes? Snnnnnooooooowwwwwwffffflllllllaaaaakkkkkeeessss

Going to do like I always do. Press accept and not to read a damn thing and play as normal.

Ive never read a single ToS.

I also dont bother reading the tag on my shirt, im sure ive been washing it wrong the whole time. And it has never effected me.

This is just a means to appease the soft. If words ina digital world hurt your feelings, you have worse things going on in your life than a video game.

I suggest you sort that out.

Im a heavy set, hispanic, bald, bisexual.

Never once has being called gay, fat, bald, or a spic ever offended me.

Its like if someone were to say something nasty to you in a language you dont understand. It doesnt hurt and you dont care.... because words only have the power you give them.

Id be more agreeable if the social contract stated that one acknowledged they are in a online space, with people of all wlaks of lofe, and may not bend to your delicate disposition in this world of WARcraft. If you are easily offended you should exit the game.

This is business as usual with with a little glitter on top, just to make the sensative feel safe. By my heel, I care not.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Yep, and then we get annoyed at them for disrespecting other players with a complete disregard for teamwork, effort or having any idea how their role/class works. Then when we finally snap and call them out for not doing the bare minimum to avoid wasting four other peoples' time by doing the slightest bit of research or developing a sense of situational awareness, they can't handle it.
    Not gonna lie...that's why I always avoided pugs like the plague

Quote Originally Posted by sunxsera View Post
    This is a fantasy game and not real life. If your char wants to pick that stupid flower then pick that flower faster than anyone else.
    Yes, it's annoying sometimes - but toxic? I think you need a bit more self-confidence here.
    It's just a small game: "pick quest item XQ fast" that everyone forgets after a minute.
    Everyone has the same problem ... learn to manage it like an adult.
    No. Problem is with time consumption. Read my traffic jam example again. What's your goal, when you sit in traffic jam? To get home or to work as fast, as possible? Not because you want to compete with anybody. But just because time - is your resource and you don't want to waste it. It's PVP players, for whom competition just for the sake of competition - is their goal. But we are PVE players, who are forced into PVP or pseudo-PVP situation. So what? When somebody doesn't respect his place in queue, thinks, that he is somehow better than others, thinks, that his business is more important than yours, so he tries to overtake you (when player arrives later than you, but tries to complete quest quicker than you - it's "overtaking") - this makes you angry, right? And if something makes you angry, then it's toxic by definition.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I have literally never seen a more psycho-fucking-pathic American post before

"If i am giving a gun i am going to shoot everyone else cause its not guaranteed they wont shoot me first, shooting everyone is the best strategy"
    But it's true. In real life you're punished for shooting others. But what if game doesn't punish you for doing it? Don't you think, that if shooting others is the best gaming strategy, then at the end all players would have to use it due to chain reaction? Same here. If other player uses the most effective gaming strategy and he isn't punished for doing it by game developers, why wouldn't you use the same strategy? To stay polite? What if staying polite means losing? Would you play game, where you're doomed to lose?

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.