Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Kinda had to single this one out. You know that there are women who can't birth children either, right? Do they just not get to be a person at that point? Is that really one of the benchmarks you think is relevant for distinguishing things like sex or gender? Yikes...
    How do the two relate? Why are you making this leap?

We are not making a list of human sub-categories that cannot birth, he just said that men cannot birth.

Kinda had to single this one out. You know that there are women who can't birth children either, right? Do they just not get to be a person at that point? Is that really one of the benchmarks you think is relevant for distinguishing things like sex or gender? Yikes...
    Yeah that’s just called a woman who has reproductive issues. That doesn’t make her a man.

The minority of fringe cases do not make the facts.

“Black people have darker skin”

“Yeah well there was a black person born an albino so I guess he isn’t black”

Christ people

Just going to leave this here for a good read. "Midwifery Students Taught How to Care for Males Giving Birth"

In a module about caring for women during childbirth the students were initially provided a “Skills Workbook” on catheterization that contained significant guidance about handling male genitals, and caring for biologically male “birthing people.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    Leftists like to compare things to Jim Crow a lot, but DEI is a heck of a lot closer to being the new Jim Crow than anything else in the western political world.
    Say you don't actually know what Jim Crow entailed without saying it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Transgenderism isn't gender dysphoria. Transgenderism is objectively not a mental illness. Gender dysphoria is. Am I surprised you are this ignorant about the terms you are throwing around? Nope.

He didn't say there were "physiological differences" between males and females.

This is about misgendering someone specific, not talking about "physiological differences" between males and females.

Once again, this is about misgendering individuals. This has nothing to do with saying "Females have vaginas", which nobody has ever been banned for.

I mean I have more but you can just like, Google this, you know
    I'm sure that you have more irrelevant stories that don't have anything to do with what we were talking about, but I don't know what value they would be.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Just going to leave this here for a good read. "Midwifery Students Taught How to Care for Males Giving Birth"
    This is truly just getting out of hand. I guess we are hitting the great filter sooner than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Syncr View Post
    Yeah that’s just called a woman who has reproductive issues. That doesn’t make her a man.

The minority of fringe cases do not make the facts.

“Black people have darker skin”

“Yeah well there was a black person born an albino so I guess he isn’t black”

Christ people
    It's almost like arbitrary social categories are flawed and we should be careful about treating them like rules that we have to force people to live by.

You are so, so, so close and don't realize it at all.

- - - Updated - - -

It's definitely happening and being labelled under misgendering. If you haven't seen this, then you haven't been looking for it and gotten lucky to not stumble across it.

I mean, it's sure heading in bad directions. The people implementing these rules are so unhinged that they think portraying a little boy who wants to grow up to be an engineer is a harmful stereotype. Or a little girl who wants to grow up to be a dancer. Or that a guy might not immediately know how to change a diaper. Or that being extremely obese might be a reason you're having problems finding a romantic partner. That showing a guy as being daring and courageous and a girl as loving and caring are topics that need to be "handled with care"

I'm not sure if you fully grasp the complete nonsense that the DEI principles and regulations around them are sinking the world into. Leftists like to compare things to Jim Crow a lot, but DEI is a heck of a lot closer to being the new Jim Crow than anything else in the western political world.
    You know the Advertising Standards Authority isn't a government agency, right?

Do you realize how unhinged it is to say "A set of private companies setting up private rules that only apply to themselves is JUST LIKE JIM CROW"? Do you realize how much that shows a complete disregard for the abject suffering Jim Crow inflicted on people? "The company that runs the TV channel wants commercials to be nicer... this is just like laws that led to mass imprisonment of people for being black!" It's pathetic.
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    It's almost like arbitrary social categories are flawed and we should be careful about treating them like rules that we have to force people to live by.

Having a dick is not a social category. Actually, it seems like it may be at Blizzard, you even get 0 points for it.

I agree with the OW dev. Formulated representation is creepy and backwards af.

Computers know best. They're better at understanding humanity than humans. Or is it just dictating what humanity is....

- - - Updated - - -

What does it mean to be a human if a computer is our judge?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Having a dick is not a social category. Actually, it seems like it may be at Blizzard, you even get 0 points for it.
    Man and Woman are social categories, just like racial categories are.
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Having a dick is not a social category.
    It's also not the basis for categorization of male versus female, funnily enough.

Or do you refer to people with dyed hair by their natural color exclusively? Rofl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    So are Democrats- and you can get used to that. Btw, i'm an independent. But funny how you think that because someone doesn't agree with your minority left wing world views...that they suddenly get labeled as "right winger" or "conservative". Get out of YOUR echo chamber of wokeness. The world doesn't want what you are trying to force on it.
    You're about as independent as I'm conservative lmao. You really should try and make more effort since you aren't really fooling anyone.

And once again you're hilariously misinformed since the world over constantly points and laughs at American conservatives and conservative values. Feel free to take a quick trip through Europe and ask about things you have been crying about on this forum, I don't think your fragile sensibilities will be able to handle the actual truth of the matter rather than the delusions you're operating under .
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

How do the two relate? Why are you making this leap?

We are not making a list of human sub-categories that cannot birth, he just said that men cannot birth.
    The poster below you inadvertently made the point for me. It's obviously not about JUST providing a context-less statement. Nobody JUST says "men cannot birth". Anyone spouting this stuff is trying their best to just boil everyone down into nice, little categories to make sure everyone stays in their place with little to no regard for outliers.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Say you don't actually know what Jim Crow entailed without saying it.
    Sounds like you don't understand them, let's just look at the list of 7 helpful tips that were given to Black people to help them comply with Jim Crow:
    Stetson Kennedy, the author of Jim Crow Guide (1990), offered these simple rules that blacks were supposed to observe in conversing with whites:

Never assert or even intimate that a white person is lying.
    Never impute dishonorable intentions to a white person.
    Never suggest that a white person is from an inferior class.
    Never lay claim to, or overly demonstrate, superior knowledge or intelligence.
    Never curse a white person.
    Never laugh derisively at a white person.
    Never comment upon the appearance of a white female.
    With DEI, we should never assert that a minority is lying. Never dishonor them. Never suggest they are of an inferior class. Never pretend we are smarter than them. Never curse them or make fun of them. Never comment on their appearance.

It's arguable that we should follow these laws for all people, but the DEI and CRT tenants follow that you can only do these things in a negative manner if you are in a position of power, which they claim all White people are in. So minority groups can claim that all white people lie, suggest we are inferior and dumber than them. They are allowed to make fun of white people and curse us.

I never said they were the exact same, but it's getting pretty dang close. If we were having companies specifically gathering groups of black people to have them critically look at their black privilege there would be outrage, but this happens to groups of white people all the time in certain settings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man and Woman are social categories, just like racial categories are.
    This is where you are wrong, but you are welcome to embrace this delusion.

Junk, tell me about gameplay not crap that affects nothing.

This is where you are wrong, but you are welcome to embrace this delusion.
    That's a fact. It's not up for debate. Men and women have different social roles. That's a fact.
    -ynnady

Do you realize how unhinged it is to say "A set of private companies setting up private rules that only apply to themselves is JUST LIKE JIM CROW"? Do you realize how much that shows a complete disregard for the abject suffering Jim Crow inflicted on people? "The company that runs the TV channel wants commercials to be nicer... this is just like laws that led to mass imprisonment of people for being black!" It's pathetic.
    I never said JUST LIKE JIM CROW ERRHERRURR. I said it is the closest thing in the western political sphere to what Jim Crow laws did, and I can directly point to their policies that line up to Jim Crow laws, just changing the word Black to White. I never said it was government implementation, though governments are introducing DEI offices and enforcing these same things to government employees.

If you are going to respond, at least bother to read accurately.

- - - Updated - - -

You know the Advertising Standards Authority isn't a government agency, right?

They aren’t flawed enough to change anything, nothing is ever 100%.

If you struggle with the idea of what a biological male or female is then that’s a you issue