Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    Sounds like you don't understand them, let's just look at the list of 7 helpful tips that were given to Black people to help them comply with Jim Crow:
    That's nice, dear, now do how white people were an oppressed class under Jim Crow.

With DEI, we should never assert that a minority is lying.
    Gonna need a citation for this.

Never dishonor them. Never suggest they are of an inferior class. Never pretend we are smarter than them. Never curse them or make fun of them. Never comment on their appearance.
    So, basically act like a professional in the workplace? The horror.

It's arguable that we should follow these laws
    What laws? You've only cited workplace regulations and recommendations by non-government agencies.

So minority groups can claim that all white people lie, suggest we are inferior and dumber than them. They are allowed to make fun of white people and curse us.
    Which is a shitty thing to do.

However, what you're not getting is that generalizing and making fun of white people almost never has actual political consequences for them as a demographic. Whereas open bigotry against women and minorities can and does pose a political threat to those groups. The power disparity is a very real factor that can and should be taken into account, and as a result one is inherently more problematic than the other.

Then again, that level of analysis is more than I expect from people who think not being able to say slurs is literally the second coming of Hitler or whatever. Rofl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    I never said JUST LIKE JIM CROW ERRHERRURR. I said it is the closest thing in the western political sphere to what Jim Crow laws did, and I can directly point to their policies that line up to Jim Crow laws, just changing the word Black to White. I never said it was government implementation, though governments are introducing DEI offices and enforcing these same things to government employees.

If you are going to respond, at least bother to read accurately.
    Jim Crows laws denied people the right to vote and put people in jail for getting married to someone of the opposite race. It is sick to compare these things and shows a blatant disregard for the experiences of black people. You equate white hurt feelings with black torture and terror, and that says a lot about how you view the world.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    That's a fact. It's not up for debate. Men and women have different social roles. That's a fact.
    That’s the definition a loud bunch of people haven chosen. This was not what it meant a before, and probably not what it will mean in the future.

A lot of people deciding to say the same thing does not make it true. Being born with a penis makes you a man, while a vagina makes you a women, there are things in between and outliers, these are anomalies.

Going against these fundamentals is fully a social construct though. I still think your logic is flawed and socially driven, we are just never going to agree on this and that’s ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Syncr View Post
    They aren’t flawed enough to change anything, nothing is ever 100%.

If you struggle with the idea of what a biological male or female is then that’s a you issue
    Nobody struggles with what a biological male or female is, and nobody gets in trouble for recognizing it.
    -ynnady

I don't see a point in living in a society with rules decided by algorithms and computers. Humans judging and determining behaviors of other humans through instinct and nature is the only thing that makes sense in how to interpret our own humanity. Simplifying it down to a balanced equation just puts society in homeostasis/equillibrium. No chance for growth or debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    That’s the definition a loud bunch of people haven chosen. This was not what it meant a before, and probably not what it will mean in the future.

A lot of people deciding to say the same thing does not make it true. Being born with a penis makes you a man, while a vagina makes you a women, there are things in between and outliers, these are anomalies.

Going against these fundamentals is fully a social construct though. I still think your logic is flawed and socially driven, we are just never going to agree on this and that’s ok.
    That's not a definition. It's a fact. Can you explain why blue is a boys color and pink is a girls color.... biologically? With genetics? No, because it's a social designation. Do women wear heels because genetics? Because their vagina? Then why were heels for men originally for hundreds of years? The fact that you can't acknowledge this reality speaks volumes about how you have to insulate yourself from simple facts to deflect criticism.
    -ynnady

kind of seems like a tool to leave humans out of the equation. = why hire writers etc. when you can just use this tool.
    apply this shit to stuff like story,setting or whatever and you won't need to hire much more than the grunts to build whatever game you're making.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not a definition. It's a fact. Can you explain why blue is a boys color and pink is a girls color.... biologically? With genetics? No, because it's a social designation. Do women wear heels because genetics? Because their vagina? Then why were heels for men originally for hundreds of years? The fact that you can't acknowledge this reality speaks volumes about how you have to insulate yourself from simple facts to deflect criticism.
    I'm more amused by these folks' implication that they all have x-ray vision and can see other people's junk in order to know how to 'correctly' assign them particular pronouns.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    What does color have to do with having a penis? The fact is you are a man and cannot give birth, how is anything else relevant?

10+ Year Old Account
    What does color have to do with having a penis? The fact is you are a man and cannot give birth, how is anything else relevant?
    Whether you treat someone as X or Y is entirely contingent on your perception of their external gender signifiers (like their preference for wearing certain colors or styles of clothing), not their junk. That's what makes it a sociological construct, unless you are implying you have some form of magical dick detection.

Transgenderism isn't gender dysphoria. Transgenderism is objectively not a mental illness. Gender dysphoria is. Am I surprised you are this ignorant about the terms you are throwing around? Nope.

He didn't say there were "physiological differences" between males and females.

This is about misgendering someone specific, not talking about "physiological differences" between males and females.

Once again, this is about misgendering individuals. This has nothing to do with saying "Females have vaginas", which nobody has ever been banned for.

I'm sure that you have more irrelevant stories that don't have anything to do with what we were talking about, but I don't know what value they would be.
    Why are you moving the goal post so hard? I specifically said you will be banned for saying these type of things, and most of those things that the other guy said in this post people have been banned for.

Idk if you think this helps your point, but it makes it look worse if you didn’t know that

If color has nothing to do with having a penis, why is blue a boys color and pink a girls color? Why do women typically have long hair and men short hair? Why do women typically wear skirts and men pants? Why do women typically wear heels and men don't? What is the BIOLOGICAL explanation for these things since you say there exists no social category?
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you moving the goal post so hard? I specifically said you will be banned for saying these type of things, and most of those things that the other guy said in this post people have been banned for.

Idk if you think this helps your point, but it makes it look worse if you didn’t know that
    You're claiming they're being banned for holding particular ideological beliefs when in reality they're being banned for spreading hateful misinformation or specifically targeting other users.

Only person that's moving goalposts here is you, habibi.

It's not "moving the goalpost" when someone says that people get banned for saying gender dysphoria is real and then posts someone saying "transgender people are mentally ill". THAT person is moving the goalpost. Those aren't the same statement. It's not my fault you guys have to lie.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    You're claiming they're being banned for holding particular ideological beliefs when in reality they're being banned for spreading hateful misinformation or specifically targeting other users.

Only person that's moving goalposts here is you, habibi.
    No, let me walk you through some of the context here

Poster specifically said “men can’t be women”

Ninespine said “nobody disagrees with that”

I said “that’s funny because people are being banned for it”

Then he setup some weird goalpost that I didn’t notice, sometbing about people aren’t being banned for pointing out the differences or something.

Then I link an article literally saying exactly what I said people were being banned for.

Then he setup some weird goalpost that I didn’t notice, sometbing about people aren’t being banned for pointing out the differences or something.

Then I link an article literally saying exactly what I said people were being banned for.
    All of the examples provided were people deliberately attacking and misgendering an individual person, not making broad statements about things or saying "males have penises". If you don't understand the difference between targeted harassment and saying "There are physiological differences between males and females", I don't know what to tell you.
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    If color has nothing to do with having a penis, why is blue a boys color and pink a girls color? Why do women typically have long hair and men short hair? Why do women typically wear skirts and men pants? Why do women typically wear heels and men don't? What is the BIOLOGICAL explanation for these things since you say there exists no social category?
    Wait what?! I don’t agree with any of those.

Wait what?! I don’t agree with any of those.
    All of those are, once again, facts. They are facts that your "Everything is biology" horsehsit can't explain, because that horseshit is anti-reality. In reality, man and woman are complex social categories that include tons of non-biologically defined arbitrary phenomenon, like colors and clothing and hairstyles.
    -ynnady

It's not "moving the goalpost" when someone says that people get banned for saying gender dysphoria is real and then posts someone saying "transgender people are mentally ill". THAT person is moving the goalpost. Those aren't the same statement. It's not my fault you guys have to lie.
    First off, you did move the goal post sweet heart.

Second off, let’s see how stupid this sounds.

What’s the difference between transgender and gender dysphoria then. Let’s hear it

10+ Year Old Account

And then proceeded to cite an article where the person being banned had her account axed for repeatedly saying it in a context of specifically targeting other users.

It's almost as if the offense was being a shithead and attacking other people rather than simply stating a belief in the abstract. Or are you implying that holding those beliefs necessitates attacking others? Rofl.