Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    <snip>
    No, habibi, you still need to meet the minimum qualifications for a position even under a diversity hiring scheme.
    You might be one of the most bad faith posters I've ever seen on this forum. I'm actually kind of shocked. Do you talk to everyone like this? How the fuck do you manage to maintain any healthy relationships at all? Like... I'm finding it hard to even respond to you because everything in your response is a straight up dismissal, ignorance of provided evidence, strawman, or is just a straight up lie.

If you want to have a real conversation, then I'm down. Also, never call me habibi again, it's not cute and I don't consent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32345113/

"Data indicate that 82% of transgender individuals have considered killing themselves and 40% have attempted suicide "
    Which says nothing about whether or not said ideations or attempts occurred before or after transitioning.

You're still lying, habibi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Which says nothing about whether or not said ideations or attempts occurred before or after transitioning.

You're still lying, habibi.
    The pivoting and the goal post moving from you two. What is the matter? This doesn't help your side at all

This is one of those few times where people on both sides of what shouldn't even be a debate agree over how pointless and dumb an attempt to meet in the middle is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    You might be one of the most bad faith posters I've ever seen on this forum. I'm actually kind of shocked. Do you talk to everyone like this? How the fuck do you manage to maintain any healthy relationships at all? Like... I'm finding it hard to even respond to you because everything in your response is a straight up dismissal, ignorance of provided evidence, strawman, or is just a straight up lie.
    The person who immediately shifted to a bevy of ad hominems when challenged to actually substantiate statements like "minority opinions are required to be taken as gospel", "workplace DEI initiatives and NGO recommendations are the same thing as Jim Crow", "not being a judgmental asshole at work doesn't bode well for the future", and "acknowledging there's a power disparity between demographics in the context of assessing what constitutes hate speech is the same sort of thing that caused the Holocaust" is calling someone else bad faith poster, huh?

I'm feeling that the circus is intensifying in this Chili's tonight.

If you want to have a real conversation, then I'm down. Also, never call me habibi again, it's not cute and I don't consent.
    I thought that sometimes you need to be critical of someone's appearance?
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
    God is a gendered term, you should use "xid" to be more inclusive you bigot!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    This is one of those few times where people on both sides of what shouldn't even be a debate agree over how pointless and dumb an attempt to meet in the middle is.
    I mean it's not really an attempt to meet in the middle, it's just plain old stupid.

Really carries the same sort of "corporation being out of touch" air as that whole gravitational pull of the Pepsi logo incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Syncr View Post
    The pivoting and the goal post moving from you two. What is the matter? This doesn't help your side at all
    How the hell?

The person we were responding to literally said "After gender transition."

The study provided mentioned nothing about before or after.

And we are the one's moving the goalpost?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    In China they have the social credit system to monitor their subjects

And now in America they have this... They're going to trial it in games first, then Facebook/Twitter and soon after roll out the final version in real life.
    This is the most out-of-touch, stupid, paranoid, bizarre comment I think I've read on MMO-Champion in quite some time, and that's saying something. I sincerely hope for your sake it's a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    If someone were to lose their arm in an accident and we give them a prosthetic, would we consider that person as perfectly able? Cured even?
    You can take it up with the entire mental health profession if you want, but that's how all dysphoria is diagnosed. You no longer have dysphoria when the distress is gone. Dysphoria, of all types, is defined by the distress (as are most mental illnesses actually). It is rich for you to claim that other people are denying how mental health works while you claim you know better how diagnoses work than the DSM does.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

this just occured to me

this tool is the reason why we are not getting evokers in any other race

drakthyr is their ultimate ticking all diversity checkboxes race

gg blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    There is a clear difference between making LGBTQ people feel equal, belonging and comfortable and literally implying that being heterosexual and having a slim and curvy figure is wrong.

If you take a discrimination and switch polarities to 360 degrees to compensate, it will only create another discrimination which isn't better than the old one.
    "My discrimination is better than yours! Yours is unintentional, mine is intentional!" -woke people

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    drakthyr is their ultimate ticking all diversity checkboxes race
    Y'all will just say anything that passes through your head, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    I feel like you two are arguing about two different things. Male and Female as sex, and Male and Female as a gender (One physical, and one social), unless I am missing something here. Usually that is what ends up happening when people argue these sort of things.
    That's exactly the point. Transgender people aren't asking to be identified biologically as the opposite sex. They are asking to be identified socially as the opposite gender.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Kinda had to single this one out. You know that there are women who can't birth children either, right? Do they just not get to be a person at that point? Is that really one of the benchmarks you think is relevant for distinguishing things like sex or gender? Yikes...
    The fact you're even trying to argue this, lets me know that you aren't worthy of anyone's time. Beyond the fact that you completely took what was said out of context just to try and make some dumb ass "woke" point, is pathetic. And real women don't need your kind of bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    There is a clear difference between making LGBTQ people feel equal, belonging and comfortable and literally implying that being heterosexual and having a slim and curvy figure is wrong.

If you take a discrimination and switch polarities to 360 degrees to compensate, it will only create another discrimination which isn't better than the old one.
    Where is it implied that being heterosexual and slim/curvy is wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    That's exactly the point. Transgender people aren't asking to be identified biologically as the opposite sex. They are asking to be identified socially as the opposite gender.
    Pretty much, but transgender opponents refuse to ever engage in that discussion (because they know they don't really have good arguments). Instead, they stubbornly insist there is only ONE meaning to "man" or "woman" and it's defined biologically (and of course they just ignore all outliers like ambiguous genitalia or XXY etc. with 'those are irrelevant exceptions').

Once you get them to admit it doesn't quite work that way, it's usually not that far off to them accepting they might be wrong. But 99% of them will never admit it, and just retreat into the usual rhetorical defenses ("if I cut the balls off a male dog it doesn't magically become a female dog!" and so on).

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    "Truth" is not about word definition games.

Nobody denies gender dysphoria is real. It's in the DSM.

Nobody denies this.

Wait what?
    It is being taught in schools, on social media if you speak out against it you're being banned. And yeah MAP is a real thing taught at college-level academia. The world is fucking broken and disgusting, and some people are pushing for it to be that way in the name of "inclusion". So yeah, the message seems to be Go fuck yourself if you think otherwise it seems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    And yeah MAP is a real thing taught at college-level academia.
    Lol, what?