Activision firing people during Union vote.

So while everyone was distracted by blizzard diversity chart, this was happening, so distraction succesful I suppose.

https://twitter.com/MorePerfectUS/st...09226721857536

Activision Blizzard is union-busting in the middle of the union election by Raven Software game testers.

They've fired 12 team members, transferred others to different departments, and are now threatening promotions and benefits.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Who was distracted that actually matters?

10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't there any laws in the US that prevents people from being randomly fired?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    not in some states, and I hope it stays that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am sure wrongful termination can be applied here?
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Yes, but it typically will just be a few million dollar fine against Activision Blizzard who will write it off as a business expense.

Amazon and Starbucks have been hit by such things, and it hasn't slowed down their anti-union efforts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Not typically. They might get some money, but they usually don't get their job back.

All 50 states have "at will employment" which means that you can be let go/fired and they don't have to give you a reason.

To a point, a business cannot outright fire/discipline people for certain things.

One is the standard things(race/sex/sexual identity/age/religion). Other things is a business cannot fire someone for talking about work related stuff while at work. That include pay, raises, benefits, both bad and good employees/bosses and wanting to join or starting a union. This is a federal law that the NLRB will uphold and various states also have laws that the equivalent state boards will uphold.

Biggest thing is getting proof of whatever is going on, otherwise it is an uphill battle. Yes, they can sue for wrongful termination if they get proof and can be forced to get their job back, if they so choose to want it back if they can win said case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not unless they can prove they were fired for discriminatory reasons. Which is unlikely the case here.

Worker rights are really a joke in the US. Dystopian nightmare.