Poll: What do you think?

Page 47 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's not a very safe assumption to make regarding opening up other classes to Dracthyr. It might take some work, especially with spellcasting animations, so I'd imagine that the first classes they'd open them up to would be spellcasters -- Mages, Priests, and Warlocks, since they lend themselves towards the combat style of the Dracthyr better. Everyone else would come later, since they'd have to come up with new rigging for melee/tanking (and hunters, in particular given bows/guns).

But to say that it will never happen is asking to get mocked heavily and openly since you don't work for Blizzard, nor can you see into the future.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    It's not a very safe assumption to make regarding opening up other classes to Dracthyr. It might take some work, especially with spellcasting animations, so I'd imagine that the first classes they'd open them up to would be spellcasters -- Mages, Priests, and Warlocks, since they lend themselves towards the combat style of the Dracthyr better. Everyone else would come later, since they'd have to come up with new rigging for melee/tanking (and hunters, in particular given bows/guns).

But to say that it will never happen is asking to get mocked heavily and openly since you don't work for Blizzard, nor can you see into the future.
    I'm betting dracthyr will ship with full animations.

Worgen and gobs have had monk animations since mop launch and they yet have the class as an option.

Only thing we need is lore justification.

I think after an expansion of mingling with mortal races and fighting alongside them it'll be enough to at least get the basics opened up to them.

By that I mean war, hunt, mage, rogue, priest.

Others might need a bit more work like DH DK.

Paladin is a given imo since Dragons hold tyr in reverence and im totally not biased.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    No, the Dracthyr Evoker being one in the same is literally a feature;

https://dragonflight.blizzard.com/en-us/
    I see that as, we're too lazy to ship dracthyr with more class options and evokers with more race options so here's how it sounds better and not like a copout.

I mean mop shipped out with all races having access to monk. Chronologically speaking, did all those races have enough time to train as a monk for launch? If yes, then why can't dracthyr already be learning how to fight as a warrior after their inclusion into the H/A?

But w/e, I'm willing to wait for my drac pally. Enough time to come up with a name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    I see that as, we're too lazy to ship dracthyr with more class options and evokers with more race options so here's how it sounds better and not like a copout.
    Uh why? The design goal of the Dracthyr Evoker is to make you a playable dragon akin characters like Alexstraza and Wrathion. Those characters can't be other classes, they're just dragons, and their class is their race.

The same applies to the Dracthyr.

I mean mop shipped out with all races having access to monk. Chronologically speaking, did all those races have enough time to train as a monk for launch? If yes, then why can't dracthyr already be learning how to fight as a warrior after their inclusion into the H/A?
    Well actually, Goblins and Worgen couldn't be Monks in MoP, and to this day (over a decade later) they still can't be Monks. Goblins and Worgen came out BEFORE MoP did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sooo my thinking is, teriz is living in this thread so he can hardcore defend what he can about this race, even if its dumb. Literally skipped over pages of dh drama just a moment ago.

I think demon hunters should have the ability to fly in demon form, and or while gliding. Want to know what muscles do? They make you stronger. Meaning a dh can keep itself in the air and fly, contrary to the dracthyr there of lack of back muscles

Uh why? The design goal of the Dracthyr Evoker is to make you a playable dragon akin characters like Alexstraza and Wrathion. Those characters can't be other classes, they're just dragons, and their class is their race.

The same applies to the Dracthyr.

Well actually, Goblins and Worgen couldn't be Monks in MoP, and to this day (over a decade later) they still can't be Monks. Goblins and Worgen came out BEFORE MoP did.
    Again, dracthyr are not typical dragons, neltharion made them to be ideal soldiers as he was inspired by mortal races.

Soldiers constantly adapt and learn new ways of combat. And if dracthyr are truly meant to embody everything good about dragons and mortals, then there's even more reason to have them learn the ways of combat from the races that inspired their creation.

The only reason worgen and goblins can't be monks is because their starting experience takes place before mop. Regardless both have full monk animations.

LFD, can't be monks since there weren't any pandas in the twisting nether.

I fully expect worgen and gobs to have access to monks soon now that ER is a thing

Also, how's naming a drac "kaiba" with white skin and blue eyes. Teehee
    Last edited by Varx; 2022-05-17 at 02:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    And iif dracthyr are truly meant to embody everything good about dragons and mortals, then there's even more reason to have them learn the ways of combat from the races that inspired their creation.
    But they're not. He combined the essence of dragons with the adaptability of mortals in order to construct a biological weapon that can use all 5 dragonflight powers. It has nothing to do with being able to be other classes.

The only reason worgen and goblins can't be monks is because their starting experience takes place before mop. Regardless both have full monk animations.
    Yeah, but they still can't be monks.

If Blizzard won't let Worgen and Goblins be Monks for "reasons" (despite having their animations available for a decade), what makes you think they're going to allow Dracthyr to be other classes when they're advertising them as a race/class combo?

But they're not. He combined the essence of dragons with the adaptability of mortals in order to construct a biological weapon that can use all 5 dragonflight powers. It has nothing to do with being able to be other classes.

Yeah, but they still can't be monks.

If Blizzard won't let Worgen and Goblins be Monks for "reasons" (despite having their animations available for a decade), what makes you think they're going to allow Dracthyr to be other classes when they're advertising them as a race/class combo?
    I'm not saying that, I'm just saying that soldiers naturally adapt and hone their skills and itd be natural for the dracthyr to learn how to fight differently when they'll be literally surrounded by 12 other classes in SW and org.

Like I get why their only dracthyr now, as impatient as I am. But one or even two expansions down the road you really think some dracthyr aren't gonna be interested in something other than evokers. It's the natural course of lore progression.

Monks and gobs will definitely have access to monks soon, especially after blizzs recent comments on race And classes.

Maybe make all worgen and gob monks start in ER. Having their starting zone be in a cata time bubble is not enough anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Luckily for us the Blizzard art department doesn't have a muscled dragon man kink..
    Nice projection. What Blizzard doesn't have is a sensible art department because this soyshit smells like the furriest fuckinado I've ever seen. Give me back Samwise.

Honestly I'm fine with just shoulders , tabards, and belts for dracthyr as long as combat is available for visage form and especially if we get more visage models.

I think that's a reasonable trade off.

"I feel like making my visage a tauren today, and tomorrow I'll be an elf."

Big plus if xmog is separate between drac form and visage form.

Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    Nice projection. What Blizzard doesn't have is a sensible art department because this soyshit smells like the furriest fuckinado I've ever seen. Give me back Samwise.
    The guy who loved drawing panda furries?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    The guy who loved drawing panda furries?
    Pandyr aren't furries.

Pandyr aren't furries.
    Lol, keep telling yourself that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Lol, keep telling yourself that.
    One look at them is all I need to know.

One look at them is all I need to know.
    Really you are technically correct in that the anthro race itself isn't furry/scalie/whatever but that they attract furries. So while Tauren, Pandaren and Pandyr, Worgen, Vulpera, and Drackthyr aren't "furry", they do attract furries. So WoW has been "furry" since the Warcraft days.
    Last edited by Calfredd; 2022-05-17 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    I think demon hunters should have the ability to fly in demon form, and or while gliding. Want to know what muscles do? They make you stronger. Meaning a dh can keep itself in the air and fly, contrary to the dracthyr there of lack of back muscles
    As supported by the fact that IRL birds are buff as shit.

Do... Do you think that furries are solely attracted to thin, "weak" looking characters? I wish I was blessed with your ignorance

For a game with such an active community, it's surprising that more players have not tipped Blizzard off to this issue. It seems clear from the response on the forums that everyone is as surprised as the developers at this discovery. As for what this means for Moira, we'll likely get clarification in due time. It does seem like she'll need some sort of redesign, or perhaps Blizzard will simply fix the back end and make sure that the illusion presented by the character's cloak doesn't stand out so much in-game. Whatever remedy they decide to adopt, it seems increasingly unlikely that Moira will be making her debut in competitive play anytime soon.

they are just a reskin of the dreadlords or the female succubus if you want to be more exact. remove the soi, implement the beef
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSuze View Post
    You've mistakenly made the assumption that I'm not capable of buying MORE poutine.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Really you are technically correct in that the anthro race itself isn't furry/scalie/whatever but that they attract furries. So while Tauren, Pandaren and Pandyr, Worgen, Vulpera, and Drackthyr aren't "furry", they do attract furries. So WoW has been "furry" since the Warcraft days.
    Soythyr and Vulpera are furries. Soythyr are uberfurries tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    Do... Do you think that furries are solely attracted to thin, "weak" looking characters? I wish I was blessed with your ignorance
    Nothing stops you from embracing denial like I did! Furry art is usually very specific.

Nothing stops you from embracing denial like I did! Furry art is usually very specific.
    Oh you sweet summer child.