Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    Ok that makes a lot of sense. You could argue Goblins have the same role, with the Dendrologist minion from HS.

To be fair, HS does a lot of cool stuff with the Warcraft universe, because they aren't limited by having to 3D model. A gnome paladin ? sure, why not. Gnomes are Priests of Light, and Gnomes are fierce warriors, why cannot there be some gnome paladins?
    Female kobolds? well there's obviously female kobolds in Warcraft lore, but noone ever bothered making a 3D model for them. But drawing a picture of one is easy, so of course HS has female kobolds.

Hearthstone stretech the lore of Warcraft in believable direction. It naturally adds to the world building. And I would argue they do it way more tactfully than WoW does sometimes. (Shadowlands, duh)
    Just trying to say that HS does seem to actually be a thing in WoW. Certain npcs talk about playing it and such. So saying cool things like gnome druids are in hearthstone gives them a foot in the door cause it means someone in WoW is at least curious enough about the concept to make a card, saying "it's in HS therefore it should be WoW canon" like a guy a few quotes ago was doing is too far imo.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Monks and warlocks fully unlocked when? They can't use the raid tier excuse with those, as it's a simple switch flip with no new art.

Back then the restrictions were in my opinion somewhat justified and reasonable. Now that there's mechagnomes whatevers, troll paladins, pandas, vulpera(??) and lord-knows-whats running about, any arguments based on lore this or that seem like utter garbage. You want a gnome druid, whatever, give them cub & kitten forms to boot, does anyone seriously care that much?
    The lore, whatever this magical and mysterious The Lore ever was, is bent, twisted, deformed and desecrated from infinite aspects enough already. At least from some purist's perspective, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    Long story short: every single race should be able to choose and pick whatever class they want to play.

It seems that developers are too afraid to challenge and experiment with some of these foundations that almost doesn't mean anything in reality. Finding the ways and then allowing players to pick a class and their favorite race, and combine them together, would be an ideal and satisfactory outcome. Some of these magical inventions should take place now, without any fear.

I'm not invested in WoW, nor I play this game, posting out of nostalgia believing that the ancient and almost religious stubbornness isn't a right way to go. And with a upcoming cross-faction, the all-time sworn enemies Horde and Alliance are coming to play together for the rest of the time. It only a proves that they can do more with breaking up those ancient chains. The old men and women who wrote Warcraft aren't any fabric of any reality, everything can (and should) change in favor of a better future.
    Not true at all. From a lore perspective. Their 100% is a reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now the only things that are stopping Blizzard from doing all classes all races are:

1. Unique class specific attributes like race-dependent customization or accessories - i.e. totems and forms. Would not really do unlocking Demon Hunters for all and then having them turn into stock elven demon on meta.

2. Some starter experiences making little sense for specific combinations, like Draenei Warlocks.

(2) They can fix by making these specific combos a Exile's Reach only start. But (1) will take years, if will happen at all. For example DH for all would require demon forms for many races, that alone would probably require a good year or two of work by several dedicated artists and engineers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    Ok that makes a lot of sense. You could argue Goblins have the same role, with the Dendrologist minion from HS.
    Who?

/10 char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    Demon Hunters should be limited to just Elves and Vulpera.
    ROFL Vulpera. Bite your tongue!

5+ Year Old Account
    first add panda demon hunters, then you can add anything u want

Quote Originally Posted by Hastis View Post
    first add panda demon hunters, then you can add anything u want
    Well, since China's feelings take precdent, and green eyes are a sign of demonic corruption in their culture, hard to say if that will happen.

1+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I agree with you, I think that in this day and age it is unacceptable and low to belittle race because of some racial differences.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Well, since China's feelings take precdent, and green eyes are a sign of demonic corruption in their culture, hard to say if that will happen.
    The likelihood is greater for something like that to actually happen, and then magically go away by an undocumented change when the CCP tells Blizzard to change X or their game gets the boot from their market.

Quote Originally Posted by ifrah View Post
    The likelihood is greater for something like that to actually happen, and then magically go away by an undocumented change when the CCP tells Blizzard to change X or their game gets the boot from their market.
    They already did that.
    Back in WC3, Pandaren had green eyes. When they were added, it was changed to yellow because of the sensitivity to chinese culture.

There are Troll Paladins in Hearthstone. Followers of Shirvallah.

I don't know where he gets his wild theory from, but these are clearly not Tauren:

"The ered'ruin long predate Sargeras' betrayal.
    Before Sargeras freed them, the doomguard were the titan's hounds forever enslaved to police the use of arcane magics. Sacrificial magic was considered the greatest violation of life and the doomguard were attuned to instantly punish those who delved into such sorcery. After freeing the doomguard, Sargeras recruited them into the Burning Legion as enforcers and shock troopers."
    That is definitely not a Gnome. That's just a pale Night Elf kid wearing their parent's tier set. Prove me wrong.

They already did that.
    Back in WC3, Pandaren had green eyes. When they were added, it was changed to yellow because of the sensitivity to chinese culture.
    Citation needed.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Aedruid View Post
    That is definitely not a Gnome. That's just a pale Night Elf kid wearing their parent's tier set. Prove me wrong.

Oh shit. I totally forgot my glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Citation needed.
    "During the development of Mists of Pandaria and Pearl of Pandaria, the pandaren were originally depicted with green eyes, but Blizzard artists later learned that green eyes are believed to be a sign of demonic corruption among certain Asian cultures. In the interest of being sensitive to those cultures, the pandaren's eyes were changed to gold.[137][138]"
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Pan...tes_and_trivia