Voters
570. This poll is closed
  • Accept

461 80.88%
  • Exit game

109 19.12%
Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Man some people are getting truly triggered over the fact they wont be able to be actively assholes anymore and you know what it's fucking glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudi View Post
    You seem to miss the whole point. The TOS might have been made by US lawyers with US customer laws in mind - but that’s it. It won’t stand a chance in most EU legislations, as mentioned above. It will be shredded into dust in Russian legislation with super protective customer laws.

I don’t know a bit about India, China, many other countries, granted. But the very concept that they can claim whatever they want in their makeshift tos and pretend it’s universally valid anywhere is faulty by design.
    I learned about this last year at university and you couldn't be more wrong.

Blizzard has every right to terminate your contract (because you agreed to their terms) and ban you from playing their game in the EU. They may also reserve themselves the right to ban you for not specifying any reason at all.

They have almost all the same rights as they have in the US with dictating how you can use their software and what you can do with it (because you didn't purchase the software, but a license that allows you to use a copy of it). The only big difference between the EU and US is that in the EU you are always allowed to create backups even if Blizzard says you aren't allowed to, but besides that it's very similar to how it is in the US.

FYI, the same also applies in Russia.

Legal nonsense posts like yours always pop up from time to time where people say how sure they are that they can do all with software they buy outside of the US, yet there has never been a case where someone successfully won a case against Blizzard lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    Man some people are getting truly triggered over the fact they wont be able to be actively assholes anymore and you know what it's fucking glorious.
    The funny thing is that this isn't even true. In fact, nothing is changing. None of the things said in the social contract are new or more restrictive. And it'll be possible to be an asshole in the future regardless, because they only have an abusable automated ban system and no real humans take care of that.

People are being mad over nothing basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    I don’t think that’s it. It’s more so the fact that they have to be told, almost like being told off for something they didn’t do. At least that’s how someone explained it to me once.

I do everything it says already so I guess "Accept" ?

What even is this thread lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    What even is this thread lmao
    Left Vs Right,
    Right Vs Left,
    Left Vs Left,
    Right Vs Right

I believe it is known as a "total ShitShow"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not read it and click Accept like I do with the ToS and EULA.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Because that's the crux, you need humans to review and police that, putting up rules for its own sake won't do shit unless you enforce them.
    As far as I am aware they still do have people working for CS. They have simply reduced that number. They have been able to do so based on the following:
    • The playerbase has shrunk over the years
    • They removed one of the biggest problem issues: Master Looter
    • They have utilised machine learning/AI to reduce the load that people need to bear

What all this means is that even though their number of CS staff may have been reduced over the last few years, that doesn't necessarily translate into there not being enough to get the job done just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    This thread is pointless, because Blizzard just can't ask me to stay polite, if at the same time game mechanics promote toxicity. It's like giving me a gun, but asking me not to shoot other people. Problem is, if it won't be 100% guaranteed, that others won't shoot me first, then shooting others - is the best gaming strategy.
    This is BS and you know it. I have never been toxic since LFD/LFG/LFR? Cross Realm BG queues were added. It makes holding other players accountable from a server side perspective harder sure, but toxic assholes choose to do it on their own, which sounds like something you choose to do and blame Blizzard for instead of holding yourself accountable and not being a dick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    I don’t think that’s it. It’s more so the fact that they have to be told, almost like being told off for something they didn’t do. At least that’s how someone explained it to me once.
    Yet there have already been told, and accepted the rules saying they would not. This is just an update. But again funny becasue people have been asking Blizzard to do something about toxic players, now they seem positioned to focus a bit more on it and people are losing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    I see this as the paper trail for a coming change on their end. Besides using automated systems and having too few humans for a proper review, there may be a lot that is seen as unhealthy to the community but isn't covered by the existing guidelines.

For instance: griefing in groups, obsessive ganking of low-level players by max level players, harassing people via new characters to circumvent how the ignore feature works, mass report abuse by bots/friends, etc. This contract is carefully worded not only for us but for them to improve their review process and action on egregious behavior. There is still no guarantee they'll improve, but it's our job to let them know when they haven't after they said they would.

That's all I can really say for speculation
    The thing is they didnt really need to update their ToS to reflect this though. As far as i remember griefing and being a jerk was covered by the old tos and pretty much covers all of this. All they had to do was start acting on it. A better report system could for sure be usefull but at this point it just comes off as another publicity stunt to me.

Accept because why would you disagree to anything it says? If you do disagree then I truly hope you don't choose to play the game.
    I <3 JK Rowling.

Quote Originally Posted by Krewshi View Post
    I'm just curious.
    I don't have much against what it says in the stupid pop-up. What I do have something against is the fact that I have to affirm the things it says. Imagine if every time you went into a new restaurant or pub/club, you had to sign a form that says you won't rape anyone that night. Of course I f'ing won't! Why the F do I have to sign this crap?!

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Accept. I’m not a fucking sociopath lol
    Why would anyone be called sociopath? ...

7+ Year Old Account
    accpet ? Like im not a psycho lol

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Why would anyone be called sociopath? ...
    didn't you know, we can just stop doing all the therapeutic evaluations. Just give them this form and BAM... done.
    We can do that with everything. Solve any societal problem with a form you have to accept to.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

This is already in the terms of service, which I already signed. Why should I have to sign something because THEY rape THEIR EMPLOYEES? I wasent ever the problem. I wasent WHY blizzard had to sell their entire fucking company. And il be damned if I have to be blamed for it
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSuze View Post
    You've mistakenly made the assumption that I'm not capable of buying MORE poutine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You realize the EULA already says they can ban you for whatever reason, right? Your idea that it has "poor legal strength" is irrelevant, you already accept the EULA when you make an account, this is just an extra warning before you start the game.

I mean, if it helps you sleep at night to think "Man, if Blizzard went to court over this they'd lose!". But...it wouldn't go to court because their EULA covers this.

https://www.blizzard.com/en-us/legal...ense-agreement

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Blizzard reserves the right to terminate this Agreement at any time for any reason, or for no reason, with or without notice to you. For purposes of explanation and not limitation, most Account suspensions and terminations are the result of violations of this Agreement. In case of minor violations of these rules, Blizzard may provide you with a prior warning and/or suspend your use of the Account due to your non-compliance prior to terminating the Agreement or modifying or deleting an Account.
    Emphasis on "any reason, or for no reason"
    You do realise that the EULA is exactly what i'm talking about as well?
    It's the whole reason i know this stuff is not to be taken too seriously.

- - - Updated - - -

This, except that they DO have the funds, just don’t want to spend them.

For example, my local legislation is very protective in terms of customer rights. The law explicitly states that any obligation or agreement that might have been imposed by a direct or indirect contract is immediately null and void if it diminishes your customer rights guaranteed by the law - without invalidating entire contract, or with invalidating it entirely, at customer’s discretion. It also treats any subscription-type agreement as a single contract, regardless of how many billing periods there are and regardless of there were or there there not breaks in service provision. The customer is also entitled for 100% refund, at customer’s discretion, for any fees paid in case of supplier violating the contract or not fulfilling it entirely. The only limit is 3 years limit for a civil claim. Therefore if blizzard or any other company does something wrong and violates the contract - from the local legislation point of view, not their point of you - you are essentially entitled for a refund over the past 3 years, plus interest.

Blizzard won’t process such refund, but banks that issue cards will, so again, it does not matter what blizzard thinks.

Bottom line? I will press any button to keep the game working because it cannot hinder me in any way.
    Pretty much, with the addendum that those three year limits are very flexible and in themselves dependant on local laws.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    It's not a contract in a legal sense and Blizzard has full carte blanche to deny service to literally anyone they want. There is no legal aspect to this discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

You're right, you can issue a charge back.. which you already could. Want to know how many people with banned accounts have done so? If you think this will stop them from banning you for being a cunt you have a nice surprise on store. People have been being banned for years. If Blizzard had any concerns whatsoever that they would suddenly get a backlash of Europeans performing chargebacks they wouldn't have done this, which means they don't have such concerns, which means that it isn't a problem now.
    You really have no idea what you are talking about.
    Or you do, but only in the scope of US laws, and do not realise those are quite irrelevant when doing business abroad.

As to the "moral" aspect of the discussion: It all depends entirely on the stuff left unclarified; what is hate speech, what is discussion, etcetera?
    I do not intend on spreading any abuse in WoW, didn't intend to do so before either. But without proper clarification as to what these things entail, what the actual implementation looks like, well it's impossible to say if it's another retarded attempted powergrab or just a harmless bit of "Don't be an asshole." codified.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Toxicity is in part what made the game great. Barrens chat used to be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by HotSauce View Post
    This is already in the terms of service, which I already signed. Why should I have to sign something because THEY rape THEIR EMPLOYEES? I wasent ever the problem. I wasent WHY blizzard had to sell their entire fucking company. And il be damned if I have to be blamed for it
    What? It's two different issues... This is to address toxicity in the game, not the company culture. Do you think before you type?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    This "ToS" wouldn't hold up against EU rules so it doesn't matter anyway.
    except it has for 17 years mister armchair lawyer.

- - - Updated - - -

You seem to miss the whole point. The TOS might have been made by US lawyers with US customer laws in mind - but that’s it. It won’t stand a chance in most EU legislations, as mentioned above. It will be shredded into dust in Russian legislation with super protective customer laws.

I don’t know a bit about India, China, many other countries, granted. But the very concept that they can claim whatever they want in their makeshift tos and pretend it’s universally valid anywhere is faulty by design.
    its worked for 17 years, idk what "lawschool" you went to, but this has been in the TOS for 17 years, this is just a social contract that brings some of that TOS to the front to make it easier to read, instead of having to read through 20 pages to find the "dont be toxic" which is far more common in the game.

you have literally accepted this social contract every time for the past 17 years you have logged in, just now they are making it more transparent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good