Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I'm saying it's your fault for deciding that mattered more than denying the GOP access to the White House and by extension, the Supreme Court.
    Yup. Way to shift that overton window rightward @Fugus. So glad we're talking about "stop the steal" idiots and "please let us have bodily autonomy" and "please don't make bribery legal" or "jews aren't trying to kill white people" instead of literally any other issues. You sure showed hillary. And everyone else in america. Thanks for fucking everyone over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Legit the SCOTUS now. They are not even bothering with the appearances anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    Oh for fucks sake.

This is why the shitheads win. They'll back anyone that the GOP puts in front of them no matter what, meanwhile we're over here wringing our hands about how, "Well Hillary just doesn't inspire me...I don't know if I should vote...."

Naw, I'll definitely blame some voters.
    I don't blame the voter, I blame the system.

The average voter only has enough attention and energy to vote on matters directly in front of them. You can't expect your average voter to be well versed in grand strategy, worrying worst and best case scenarios, etc. Its not the average voters fault that we live in a system where judges are appointed for life so they strategically hold on to their spots, the average voter had no say in McConnell a seat, the Democrats not relaliating. It is not the average voters fault that they became disillusioned with the entire political process in 2016...and the average voter STILL voted in favor of Clinton. The average voter is not responsible for the insidious nature of American political machine. A machine that candidates and office holders spend billions on to figure out. The average voter feels like the most they can really do is to vote for whats in front of them, so what are they supposed to do when they are tired of being dissatifisied with whats thrown in their face?

Its very easy for anyone here to say "well fuck it, I'll at least vote for the one in favor of my party". Not the average voter. Voters reacts because a good portion of their free time is spent escaping politics, not discussing it. The problem are the choices brought forth. If you're asking people to appoint you to one of the highest positions on this planet, the least you can do is sell them a dream and not act like they owe you.

This story is a symptom of a broken system that claims to be "for the people", but has been a upsell since 1775. If reps on either side didn't actually enjoy the way matters can be legislated from the bench without input from voters they would codify a matter. Guess what? A lot of them love this decision.

Inb4 expand the courts - fixes nothing if lifetime appoints are still in place. Only offers the party of the ruling President a slight but temporary advantage if the system doesn't radically change.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Yup. Way to shift that overton window rightward @Fugus. So glad we're talking about "stop the steal" idiots and "please let us have bodily autonomy" and "please don't make bribery legal" or "jews aren't trying to kill white people" instead of literally any other issues. You sure showed hillary. And everyone else in america. Thanks for fucking everyone over.
    I didn’t shift the window, sorry.

Don’t blame the voters, blame the candidate for running them off.

I didn’t show Hillary anything, she showed herself on that. Your flawed logic on this could lead to another Trump in the future if they blame the voters instead of the politician who then proceeds to act like they were owed the votes.

But as I said, I will accept my 3% of the blame which is the most the entire voter base who she ran off deserves. The rest is on Clinton, the DNC, Russia, and Comey.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    2016 was indeed a referendum on the courts, not just the supreme court. Trump stuffed the courts with so many activist conservative judges who are, AS WE TYPE, wringing their hands about making abortion not only illegal, but drafting up systems that they can pass whereby people will be rewarded with ACTUAL BOUNTIES for catching and/or reporting someone who lives in said conservative state who traveled outside said state to get an abortion.

I was saying it back in 2016. I didn't LIKE Hillary. But I at least knew what 2016 was for. Everyone was crying that she sent some emails on a private server BEFORE THAT WAS ILLEGAL. Some people were saying she literally runs a satanic cult that drinks unborn baby blood. But anyone with half a working brain cell knew that 2016 was going to determine the trajectory of our country's judicial system. Everyone knew RBG was old AF, and then she died and cuckservative resident turtle Mitch "the bitch" McConnell said that they needed to wait til after the election to fill the seat. A move for which there was no law or precedent. Just that conservatives want to rule by dictatorship, not democracy, so they come up with sneaky ways around actually having to abide by Democracy.

Meanwhile the Bernie Bros were (and some still are) malding over inane and useless factoids about Hillary that upset them. Like they took really big offense that she was paid money to give speeches. Something... literally every speaker gets. So while our judicial is going to the dogs, the Bernie Bros get to pat themselves on the back about how they "sent a message" to the "Democrat establishment". And while they're patting themselves on the back, conservatives are passing laws that allow people to hunt women down just for getting abortions, and judges will likely approve it.

Welcome to Gilead. I hope your "message" was worth it, because nobody even knows what the fuck it is now.

Oh and campaign finance laws are going down the shitter because conservatives don't want anyone knowing they're 70% funded by Russian money.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post

I didn’t show Hillary anything, she showed herself on that. Your flawed logic on this could lead to another Trump in the future if they blame the voters instead of the politician who then proceeds to act like they were owed the votes.

But as I said, I will accept my 3% of the blame which is the most the entire voter base who she ran off deserves. The rest is on Clinton, the DNC, Russia, and Comey.
    I'm sorry if you and others were too sensitive over something like a bad campaign hire that they voted for a well now celebrity rapist POS from a party that has wanted to break down everything good this country stood for since 1981, then yes you and the other voters are to blame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... If only Clinton hadn't let her pride get the better of her and hadn't ran off her own voters, we wouldn't be here. But no, she had to metaphorically backhand her own voters in the face and think they would fall in line because she helped to elevate Trump to give her the most damaged person to run against then only to lose to her own patsy....

If only Clinton had shown her voters more respect...

We can drop this blaming the voters any day now, you can repeat it 1,000 times and you will be wrong 1,000 times and won't do anything relevant to the threads in any of those instances.
    Yeah, totally Clintons fault. Not the narcissists upset that she didn't pander to them and refused to recognize Trump as the much, much, much greater evil that he was. Hillary was by no means perfect but anyone who would either choose to not vote or vote for Trump out of spite because Hillary didn't pander to them should be the only ones forced to deal with consequences of these abysmal Supreme Court rulings.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I don't blame the voter, I blame the system.

The average voter only has enough attention and energy to vote on matters directly in front of them. You can't expect your average voter to be well versed in grand strategy, worrying worst and best case scenarios, etc. Its not the average voters fault that we live in a system where judges are appointed for life so they strategically hold on to their spots, the average voter had no say in McConnell a seat, the Democrats not relaliating. It is not the average voters fault that they became disillusioned with the entire political process in 2016...and the average voter STILL voted in favor of Clinton. The average voter is not responsible for the insidious nature of American political machine. A machine that candidates and office holders spend billions on to figure out. The average voter feels like the most they can really do is to vote for whats in front of them, so what are they supposed to do when they are tired of being dissatifisied with whats thrown in their face?
    I used to post here, I am not even in the US and I can still remember myself insisting time and again that the biggest threat if Trump got elected was a chance he'd get 2-3 more Conservative Judges and then bye bye Roe. People could see the writing on the wall and talked about it. Fugus was active in these forums back then. There was nothing obscure or complex about the danger a SCOTUS dominated by Conservatives would pose to basic human rights; it was telegraphed by their beliefs, by what motivated their electorate the most, by the very fact that they had been building towards it. It is an active choice to place your need to protest, your own grievances, beyond a very real danger to basic human rights of others (or even of yourself, so many women or queer people voted for this). Do not excuse people that made this happen. Demand better

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Yeah, totally Clintons fault. Not the narcissists upset that she didn't pander to them and refused to recognize Trump as the much, much, much greater evil that he was. Hillary was by no means perfect but anyone who would either choose to not vote or vote for Trump out of spite because Hillary didn't pander to them should be the only ones forced to deal with consequences of these abysmal Supreme Court rulings.
    Here's the thing, Hillary didn't even truly snub the far left. She snubbed the far right. Her "deplorables" comment (that Bernie Bros like to bring up as the thing that drove voters away) was aimed specifically at people who would either vote for or consider voting for Trump. If someone on the left believes that the deplorables comment was directed at them, they need to go back to grade school for comprehension lessons. Unless they were seriously considering voting for Trump. In which case Hillary wasn't exactly wrong.

In reality, people's perception of a person changes if they're involved in too much controversy (or nontroversy in this case). Most of the people on the left who hated Hillary didn't have any kind of real basis for it. By the end of the campaign season, Bernie had endorsed Hillary and told all of his supporters to vote for her. Hillary had adopted many of Bernie's campaign promises, like 2 years of free college and better subsidies on health care, on top of forgiving student loan debt.

But no, Hillary had been through Benghazi and the EMAILS. And then apparently she cheated in the primaries but nobody could ever gather evidence that she cheated Bernie in the primary beyond some vague feeling that the press had swung votes in her favor or some BS like that idk.

And then the worst part, Trumpers smelled blood in the water and came running. Finding disgruntled Bernie Bros, they offered false succor. They pretended to care about Bernie and the Bernie Bros (you know, the candidate/people whom they were calling names a couple of weeks prior to this). And the Bernie Bros accepted their fake concern.

I'll tell you the entire reason the Bernie Bros didn't vote for Hillary. It's not because Hillary snubbed them and she ran a bad campaign. No. She was promising everything the Bernie Bros wanted in a candidate.

They didn't vote for her because the smear campaigns against her were just too successful. The human mind begins to associate a person as being a "bad person" if they're involved in enough controversy, even if nothing comes of it. The controversies I listed above were the big ones, but ever since Benghazi, Hillary was hit by a never ending stream of nontroversies by the Republican party. They KNEW she was going to be the candidate after Obama. After all, she was going to be the 2008 front runner until Obama. So then everyone knew she'd be running in 2016 and running smear campaigns through Fox News every week was the perfect way to just make people associate her with "bad". Most campaigns only get 6 months or so to really hard focus controversies on their opponent. Republicans basically had 15 years to embroil her in controversies.

Pizzagate? Satanic baby blood drinking rituals? Benghazi coming back up every 2 months? Foggy Bottom? Sidney Blumenthal? GETTING PAID FOR SPEECHES HOW EVIL? The claims that the Clinton Foundation was Laundering money?

Does anyone remember all these scandals thrown her way, and nothing came of any of them?

It's kind of a shame the GOP wasted their 15 years of smear campaigns, setting up for success, on Trump. Everyone said it back in 2016. They didn't really care who sat in the prez seat. They needed a warm body on their side that would approve hundreds of conservative judge appointments. Trump managed to appoint 514 judges during his time in office. And all of us, ALL OF US, said that this is what was going to happen.

I'd say I hope the Bernie Bros enjoy their decision. The reality is that so many of them back at the time just said if Bernie wasn't president that they'd rather see the country burn down than vote for Clinton. Guess we get to see how tough their nuts are and how sincere they were in saying that, now that it's actually happening.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Here's the thing, Hillary didn't even truly snub the far left. She snubbed the far right. Her "deplorables" comment (that Bernie Bros like to bring up as the thing that drove voters away) was aimed specifically at people who would either vote for or consider voting for Trump. If someone on the left believes that the deplorables comment was directed at them, they need to go back to grade school for comprehension lessons. Unless they were seriously considering voting for Trump. In which case Hillary wasn't exactly wrong.

In reality, people's perception of a person changes if they're involved in too much controversy (or nontroversy in this case). Most of the people on the left who hated Hillary didn't have any kind of real basis for it. By the end of the campaign season, Bernie had endorsed Hillary and told all of his supporters to vote for her. Hillary had adopted many of Bernie's campaign promises, like 2 years of free college and better subsidies on health care, on top of forgiving student loan debt.

But no, Hillary had been through Benghazi and the EMAILS. And then apparently she cheated in the primaries but nobody could ever gather evidence that she cheated Bernie in the primary beyond some vague feeling that the press had swung votes in her favor or some BS like that idk.

And then the worst part, Trumpers smelled blood in the water and came running. Finding disgruntled Bernie Bros, they offered false succor. They pretended to care about Bernie and the Bernie Bros (you know, the candidate/people whom they were calling names a couple of weeks prior to this). And the Bernie Bros accepted their fake concern.

I'll tell you the entire reason the Bernie Bros didn't vote for Hillary. It's not because Hillary snubbed them and she ran a bad campaign. No. She was promising everything the Bernie Bros wanted in a candidate.

They didn't vote for her because the smear campaigns against her were just too successful. The human mind begins to associate a person as being a "bad person" if they're involved in enough controversy, even if nothing comes of it. The controversies I listed above were the big ones, but ever since Benghazi, Hillary was hit by a never ending stream of nontroversies by the Republican party. They KNEW she was going to be the candidate after Obama. After all, she was going to be the 2008 front runner until Obama. So then everyone knew she'd be running in 2016 and running smear campaigns through Fox News every week was the perfect way to just make people associate her with "bad". Most campaigns only get 6 months or so to really hard focus controversies on their opponent. Republicans basically had 15 years to embroil her in controversies.

Pizzagate? Satanic baby blood drinking rituals? Benghazi coming back up every 2 months? Foggy Bottom? Sidney Blumenthal? GETTING PAID FOR SPEECHES HOW EVIL? The claims that the Clinton Foundation was Laundering money?

Does anyone remember all these scandals thrown her way, and nothing came of any of them?

It's kind of a shame the GOP wasted their 15 years of smear campaigns, setting up for success, on Trump. Everyone said it back in 2016. They didn't really care who sat in the prez seat. They needed a warm body on their side that would approve hundreds of conservative judge appointments. Trump managed to appoint 514 judges during his time in office. And all of us, ALL OF US, said that this is what was going to happen.

I'd say I hope the Bernie Bros enjoy their decision. The reality is that so many of them back at the time just said if Bernie wasn't president that they'd rather see the country burn down than vote for Clinton. Guess we get to see how tough their nuts are and how sincere they were in saying that, now that it's actually happening.
    Or. Or. She supported legitimately terrible things. Like bombing even more children. The amount of hand wringing about Bernie bros smh. And you wonder why Democrats keep chasing off people who would otherwise vote for them.

Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    Or. Or. She supported legitimately terrible things. Like bombing even more children. The amount of hand wringing about Bernie bros smh. And you wonder why Democrats keep chasing off people who would otherwise vote for them.
    Ah yes, Kilary the Warmonger. Meanwhile Trump bombed a lot of children and helped others bomb children.

And the Bernie Bros were never going to be vote for Hilary regardless of who she was. They weren't even gonna vote for Bernie because they were GOP sock puppets.
    Last edited by Ivanstone; 2022-05-17 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post

Legit the SCOTUS now. They are not even bothering with the appearances anymore.
    This. I kind of feel that since the bid to expand the Supreme Court failed last year, they're doing whatever they can right now in case Democrats get enough of a majority to attempt expansion after the midterms.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium

I'll frame this in another way that will maybe come through and show you how silly this sounds...

"Don't blame the people who voted for Trump, blame Trump for being such an absolute piece of shit. Clearly all the people backing Trump have only 3% responsibility in the state of the nation."

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I'll frame this in another way that will maybe come through and show you how silly this sounds...

"Don't blame the people who voted for Trump, blame Trump for being such an absolute piece of shit. Clearly all the people backing Trump have only 3% responsibility in the state of the nation."
    You guys really care about white knighting for Clinton more than you care about this case it seems.

Big difference, the people who voted for Trump actually voted for what he stood for which was evil as hell. He failed to deliver on much of it thank god. You blame the voters who WANTED that shit as well as the politician who gave it.

Not the same as a politician who snubbed their base and expected them to just go with it.

And to the one who said it wasn’t Clinton it was the smears against her. Your saying this didn’t happen?

https://amp.washingtontimes.com/news...joins-hillary/

Because it was the last straw for me.

No matter how much you white knight for her, it won’t change the fact that it’s on Clinton why I personally didn’t vote for her, you can blame her on that. It was her pride, her ego, her arrogance that cost that vote.

And if they try and fuck up like you guys are doing here and blaming the voters instead of themselves, then they invite another Trump in the future screwing their voters when they think they have them in a bind like Clinton did.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    You guys really care about white knighting for Clinton more than you care about this case it seems.

Big difference, the people who voted for Trump actually voted for what he stood for which was evil as hell. He failed to deliver on much of it thank god. You blame the voters who WANTED that shit as well as the politician who gave it.

Not the same as a politician who snubbed their base and expected them to just go with it.

And to the one who said it wasn’t Clinton it was the smears against her. Your saying this didn’t happen?

https://amp.washingtontimes.com/news...joins-hillary/

Because it was the last straw for me.

No matter how much you white knight for her, it won’t change the fact that it’s on Clinton why I personally didn’t vote for her, you can blame her on that. It was her pride, her ego, her arrogance that cost that vote.

And if they try and fuck up like you guys are doing here and blaming the voters instead of themselves, then they invite another Trump in the future screwing their voters when they think they have them in a bind like Clinton did.
    You keep saying it was HER pride, HER ego, HER arrogance, but in reality it was yours. You weren't willing to see the writing on the wall. If a conservative candidate became President, they WOULD 100% GUARANTEED seat a fuck-ton of conservative judges all across the country, and on the Supreme Court. That was the fear. That's what happened.

I didn't like Hilary either, but you know what? Bernie said to vote for her. He asked us to swallow our pride and vote for her. And so I did. Because I trusted Bernie to know the situation better than I did.

So kindly fuck off with this whole "iT wAs HeR fAuLt GuYs HoNeSt" bullshit, we all know it's not true. The only person you're deluding here is yourself. I'm not "white knighting" anything. I never liked her. I think she's a bad human being and probably a mediocre politician. But in the end, that would've been far better than what we actually got.

Clinton is history....move forward, not backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Clinton is history....move forward, not backwards.
    This, so much this. Stop trying to go over it with every court case.

It won’t change the fact that she lost and no amount of blaming the voters will change the fact that when a politician snubs their base, they will run them off no matter how big of a gun they put to their heads. So if they make her mistake again it could lead us right back here.

So, bringing it up every time doesn’t change a thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    You keep saying it was HER pride, HER ego, HER arrogance, but in reality it was yours. You weren't willing to see the writing on the wall. If a conservative candidate became President, they WOULD 100% GUARANTEED seat a fuck-ton of conservative judges all across the country, and on the Supreme Court. That was the fear. That's what happened.

I didn't like Hilary either, but you know what? Bernie said to vote for her. He asked us to swallow our pride and vote for her. And so I did. Because I trusted Bernie to know the situation better than I did.

So kindly fuck off with this whole "iT wAs HeR fAuLt GuYs HoNeSt" bullshit, we all know it's not true. The only person you're deluding here is yourself. I'm not "white knighting" anything. I never liked her. I think she's a bad human being and probably a mediocre politician. But in the end, that would've been far better than what we actually got.
    You literally are giving Clinton a pass saying it isn’t her fault she ran off her voters and that it’s the voters fault for not voting for someone who actively acted like she was owed their votes no matter what she did, that’s your play… to claim it wasn’t her fault is bullshit at the highest level.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright dropping the Clinton stuff , keep lying to yourselves and clinging to your fantasies. You will just continue to be wrong and any election that follows your logic will risk throwing it.

But dropping it, go ahead and get your last words in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    You literally are giving Clinton a pass saying it isn’t her fault she ran off her voters and that it’s the voters fault for not voting for someone who actively acted like she was owed their votes no matter what she did, that’s your play… to claim it wasn’t her fault is bullshit at the highest level.
    No, it's not "giving Clinton a pass", Clinton has nothing to do with it. It didn't matter who was running against Trump, it could've been a fucking monkey in a suit, the important part was not letting a Republican win. Can you not grasp that? It has nothing to do with Hilary. Hilary doesn't fucking matter, she never mattered, all that mattered was not letting the conservatives flood the system with their judges.

EDIT: Ah, I see you edited your comment after I already quoted you. You totally got me, dude. Well done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, they're saying Clinton did not "run off her voters", and that her voters were thinking people who were capable of making their own decisions and thus bear full responsibility for the weight of those decisions.

Stop pretending your hand was forced and you didn't have a choice. You did. And you made that choice. And that means you bear responsibility for that choice.

You're the one who keeps bringing up Clinton, to deflect away from your responsibility for your own choices. If your vote contributed to Trump winning in 2016, even by omission, you share some responsibility for that outcome. Without reference to Clinton at all.

@Endus

Not going into the full thing because I said I was dropping it but.

I said I accept my 3% responsibility to it. I am not taking the bulk of it though which they act like it is.

And I didn’t bring this up. Slacker76 did on page 1. Someone almost always does.