Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Since when did expecting basic competency become "elitist"?
    You don't get to decide how others play in randoms, If your bitching (I know its the OP just saying in general) about someone's DPS in a MMO that doesn't allow addons while doing Castrum Meridianum of all place's then yes "You" are being elitist.

The content got cleared, Move on. If someone wants to go in and cast one ability that's their choice, As long as it isn't causing a problem (and in Duty content it won't) then its whatever. Want to tell people how to play go make your own group.

There is a reason that every time a thread like this is posted the vast majority are saying stfu about someone's dps. Figure it out and take the hint.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Summoner is no longer a dot class. Summoners don't even have the excuse of things dying before they finish casting anymore, as the vast majority of their combat abilities don't have a cast time.
    It’s even more than that, because of how the rework were done summoner gets access to the majority of it’s kit a lot earlier than many other jobs do, as low as like lvl 25-30 even.

It’s not ”incomplete” in any major way like that by lvl 50 unlike some other jobs, the linked summoner is just bad at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    I do, why the fuck should i do the job of 2 people while the other one gets an easy ride?

- - - Updated - - -

People like you are Granyala are exactly why you get people like the sum i get in my group, why bother improving when there's always some sucker defending you for being shit
    I'm fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    True. No way to clear the very prestigious Castrum Meridianum with people pressing one button. :b
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    In content like that, who honestly gives a crap.
    I've been known to half ass it in there as well because I was busy talking to friends I ran with.
    Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    Yeah, when you join a completely random group via Duty Finder there is no agreed upon consensus that we have to "GO GO GO" and clear as fast as possible while maximizing DPS. If I just got home from work and want to fool around with some friends in Discord while I do a casual Duty Finder then I have every right to do so.

It's only when you join organized content that performance matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You don't get to decide how others play in randoms, If your bitching (I know its the OP just saying in general) about someone's DPS in a MMO that doesn't allow addons while doing Castrum Meridianum of all place's then yes "You" are being elitist.

The content got cleared, Move on. If someone wants to go in and cast one ability that's their choice, As long as it isn't causing a problem (and in Duty content it won't) then its whatever. Want to tell people how to play go make your own group.

There is a reason that every time a thread like this is posted the vast majority are saying stfu about someone's dps. Figure it out and take the hint.
    The problem here with people in this mentality is you look like a drooling hypocrite if you apply the same methodology to real life scenarios. It's not even about the DPS, just use some critical thinking to analyze the actual underlying issue:

• Sure the college project gets done if 2 people carry everyone through, but DONT YOU DARE criticize them for just showing up.
    • Everyone really enjoys the soccer game when Joey D sits there kicking the ball into his own team's goal, because he's RPing playing for the other team deliberately making it harder to win, not impossible, but harder.
    • Yes I don't mind my colleague getting the same promotion as me because his name is attached to the same report I worked on, despite the fact that he didn't actually contribute in any meaningful way.

The thing about these situations is the difficulty is irrelevant. It's about respect for your fellow players. No one here is saying lol bad dps; we're saying homie you're AFK. If you can't be bothered to do the bare minimum effort; press some buttons with a degree of frequency then you shouldn't be queueing anything that involves other people.

At the end of the day, if everyone played like that SMN you probably wouldn't clear the content, yes even CM, and that's why it's not fair. Bottom line.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    The problem here with people in this mentality is you look like a drooling hypocrite if you apply the same methodology to real life scenarios. It's not even about the DPS, just use some critical thinking to analyze the actual underlying issue:

• Sure the college project gets done if 2 people carry everyone through, but DONT YOU DARE criticize them for just showing up.
    • Everyone really enjoys the soccer game when Joey D sits there kicking the ball into his own team's goal, because he's RPing playing for the other team deliberately making it harder to win, not impossible, but harder.
    • Yes I don't mind my colleague getting the same promotion as me because his name is attached to the same report I worked on, despite the fact that he didn't actually contribute in any meaningful way.

The thing about these situations is the difficulty is irrelevant. It's about respect for your fellow players. No one here is saying lol bad dps; we're saying homie you're AFK. If you can't be bothered to do the bare minimum effort; press some buttons with a degree of frequency then you shouldn't be queueing anything that involves other people.

At the end of the day, if everyone played like that SMN you probably wouldn't clear the content, yes even CM, and that's why it's not fair. Bottom line.
    Yeah, those things would be contradictory and hypocritical, if they were in any way equivalent.

You know somebody is too serious about games when he or she compares msq roulette to college projects where you need to all contribute or there are actual consequences, such as failing the project assignment or having to carry the burden.

The issue with the analogy here is that most of those things are actual, real-life things with real consequence.

MSQ roulette is not your college project or promotion at work. It's more like...I don't know...playing beer pong for shits and giggles one night and getting upset that your one friend is laughing too hard to aim, or that no one is taking it seriously enough.

If you seriously started in on your friends for not trying hard enough - or ranting about how you're "carrying" them - just about any reasonable group of people will look at you like you've lost your mind. You start coming off like Walter pulling his gun at the bowling alley.

Instead of going in circles about this as these discussions are wont to, I'll ask this:

If third-party tools and the associated discussion that comes with them were to no longer be prohibited as per the ToS, what would you do with that? Imagine that you may use ACT openly and address people based on the information you can glean from it. What would that change for you?

Because I can tell you right now that an AFKing Summoner, or a Summoner spamming one button in a MSQ roulette isn't likely to do so out of ignorance and won't kindly thank you for advising them to use other buttons. So then what? Mr. or Mrs. Summoner was told by you in some manner or another that they are performing badly. Now we both know they'll most likely ignore you/brush you off or get into an argument about it with you.

So what have you gained? Ah, I see. Nothing. The only thing you stand to gain from it is:

1. The ability to fellate your own ego by publicly commenting upon your far superior DPS and incredulity at how another player can be so mediocre.

2. The ability to draw out an argument and likely post it to friends/social media for validation.

3. At the extreme end, if you manage to get people to embrace your mentality and Square to tacitly accept it, to get people kicked from duty finder msq-tier activities.

The chances that somebody playing "like a drooling something or other" as I imagine you would describe it would "mend their horrible ways" if you just give them a quick nudge and a heads-up via party or whisper chat is infinitesimal and we both know that, so can we stop pretending that this is somehow what it's all about? It feels like very bad LARP.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2022-05-17 at 01:35 PM.

[B]1. The ability to fellate your own ego by publicly commenting upon your far superior DPS and incredulity at how another player can be so mediocre.
    Well, yeah.

It's why I see all these constant awkward humblebrag posts in my server discord with a screenshot of ACT and a comment like, "How can this be, I'm not even geared, haha, wow look at that meter that's so weird!" or "I don't even play Red Mage wow how could this happen haha wow pugs I guess lol"

7+ Year Old Account
    DPS doesnt really matter in daily roulette

That said, it is disrespectful to other players to afk through it. Its faster if everyone does their part
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post

That said, it is disrespectful to other players to afk through it. Its faster if everyone does their part
    It is disrespectful, I would agree. But it's also something you can't change without going to the extreme of literally gatekeeping roulette and msq content. And honestly, I'd rather have 5000 Castrum runs with at least one player doing mediocre dps that lasts 3-5 min longer than one run where some showboating SAM starts ranting about his superior DPS and causes drama and fights in the group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    Well, yeah.

It's why I see all these constant awkward humblebrag posts in my server discord with a screenshot of ACT and a comment like, "How can this be, I'm not even geared, haha, wow look at that meter that's so weird!" or "I don't even play Red Mage wow how could this happen haha wow pugs I guess lol"
    Weirdchamp typical Limsa ERPers haha KEKW OMEGALUL GCBTW xD

How do you solve the problem of disrespect from lack of effort? It's a leisure activity and totally optional, what's to be held to account? I don't fail anything if my MSQ goes 3 minutes slower.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If the content got cleared who cares and unless you are doing salvage its very likely the content was cleared. Addon's can stay the hell out of FF14 and I'm more than happy to report anyone who brags about using them in game.

If you want addon's go play a MMO that allows them.
    Okay if you want addons out of the game how will you find out who the underperformers are in savages without them? Oh. Gotcha

Also, I love that the elitism is saying only savages matter as if there aren't wipes to underperformers in other areas of the game. Totally only savages, no where else. Yup!

- - - Updated - - -

Even funnier is they don't always know who has this basic competence without addons to tell them. Yet if you use that information to say anything guess who is in the wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    How do you solve the problem of disrespect from lack of effort? It's a leisure activity and totally optional, what's to be held to account? I don't fail anything if my MSQ goes 3 minutes slower.
    That's the exact point. You can already report anyone for actual deliberate griefing, but short of that, having Square allow you to confront players on their "bad play" will not help anyone except those who want to stroke their ego.

The worst part is that I have a feeling some people actually wish they could just lock players that underperform in their opinion out of the most basic surface level MSQ and roulette content. I'd be glad if those types of people never got humored, lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post

Sure but keep applying that "Dps doesnt really matter in BLANK" and just apply it to harder content. What if people start doing it in savages? Going to call them on it? How? You were using an addon to track their damage.

The problem is in some of this content what if you get a group full of these "blank doesn't matter in blank content" people? You can and will die to some fairly simple content because it isn't soloable for many.

No doubt it is disrespectful to your group members to afk your way through the content but those people are also protected from being called on it because they can report you for using an addon to track their damage. That is where it gets a bit silly.

- - - Updated - - -

It is disrespectful, I would agree. But it's also something you can't change without going to the extreme of literally gatekeeping roulette and msq content. And honestly, I'd rather have 5000 Castrum runs with at least one player doing mediocre dps that lasts 3-5 min longer than one run where some showboating SAM starts ranting about his superior DPS and causes drama and fights in the group.
    I'd rather have the showboating people that get the run over quicker. What would you rather have? Elitist pricks bragging about their incredible DPS as the content dies or a group full of AFKers and you die in easy content?

- - - Updated - - -

The worst part is that I have a feeling some people actually wish they could just lock players that underperform in their opinion out of the most basic surface level MSQ and roulette content. I'd be glad if those types of people never got humored, lmao.
    I think the difference is locking out afkers and people who refuse to help. I have no problem with a bad player that is at least trying.

I'm fine with new players in daily roulette.

I'm fine with bad players in daily roulette.

I'm not fine with people who just coast through doing nothing.

We are all in the same place at the same time, please respect my time as I will respect yours. Nothing drove me crazier in this game was pre-change MSQ daily where 1-2 dipshits would just afk for 75 percent of the run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Sure but keep applying that "Dps doesnt really matter in BLANK" and just apply it to harder content. What if people start doing it in savages? Going to call them on it? How? You were using an addon to track their damage.

The problem is in some of this content what if you get a group full of these "blank doesn't matter in blank content" people? You can and will die to some fairly simple content because it isn't soloable for many.

No doubt it is disrespectful to your group members to afk your way through the content but those people are also protected from being called on it because they can report you for using an addon to track their damage. That is where it gets a bit silly.
    This isn't even a What If.

Anyone that's made regular use of the party finder for such content knows there are players who bring that sort of mindset with them into that as well, too many people don't leave it at the door when their crap was put up with in more easygoing content prior to that.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    This isn't even a What If.

Anyone that's made regular use of the party finder for such content knows there are players who bring that sort of mindset with them into that as well, too many people don't leave it at the door when their crap was put up with in more easygoing content prior to that.
    Oh I know it isn't a What If, but a reality of the game if you take the pugging route. It is just mocking the 'DPS doesnt matter' comments that are directed at MSQ and other lower forms of content as if it is magically not a thing in the savage content. Then you have people that are blasting addons but likely have no problem using said addons to find underperformers to remove them from content. It is quite funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pissing your (general you) pants because someone "roflcopters" it in freeloot content that dies no matter what you do is pretty much the definition of elitism.
    I'm all with you with the basic competency and putting in effort in content that can actually kill you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    Since they stated they'll take a look at the most used plugins and try to incorporate them I sure as hell hope they also take a look at their macros.
    Customizable DoT timers first please. :'D
    But yes, I do agree that more QoL is never wrong. People should have the option to choose.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem here with people in this mentality is you look like a drooling hypocrite if you apply the same methodology to real life scenarios.
    FULL STOP.
    It's a friggin' video game that most people play in the downtime from real life in order to relax and wind down. Stop making cringe real life comparisons please. Just because a player doesn't take FF too serious (Heresy, I know!), does not mean he goes through real life like that.

Not every player you encounter wants to do the high-octane maximum effort, ERMAGAAWD MY VIRTUAL PRIVATE PARTS ARE LONGER THAN YOURS! Minigame. That playstyle can be fun with likeminded individuals but do not expect that in random content.

ESPECIALLY in freeloot content.

TLR: my patience wears thin when people play so badly that they cause wipes. Anything else, I don't give a flying intercourse about when queueing randomly. Whether the dungeon takes 15 or 20 minutes is completely irrelevant to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Both should be easily doable and since you do not chain multiple spells within one macro should work no problem.

Personally, I guess I'm just too used to rapid target switching to be bothered by it. 10yrs of Shadowpriest/healing will do that to you. ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Then don't use the duty finder and create a custom group according to your standards, lol.

Trust me, when you have me in a dungeon where performance actually matters, you will have nothing to complain about.
    how does performance not matter all the time ??? Do you think you are so special that you join and be semi afk so that the fucking dungeons takes 30minutes instead of 15 ? If you join something how about you perform instead of wasting other Peoples time ?

This is so disrespectful to anybody playing normally
    Last edited by hzjf; 2022-05-17 at 05:20 PM.

Hmm the housing stuff seems to be fixed now and the plots stuck with participant zero seem to have actual winners now. Sadly that also means that all plots in the private wards are now taken as well, while still 80% of the FC plots waste away..

2 more weeks till the dead FC is mine.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.