Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What could have we gotten instead of Mechagnomes

When I see mechagnomes I feel like telling them this: "Homer, you're as dumb as a mule and twice as ugly."

They should have been a quest unlockable extra barber customization like night warrior for gnomes. Right now they stand as the least played race and can't help feeling like that allied race slot could have been taken by literally anything more interesting.

What would you have liked to get instead of diaper bots?

Broken or vrykul come to my mind first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    When I see mechagnomes I feel like telling them this: "Homer, you're as dumb as a mule and twice as ugly."

They should have been a quest unlockable extra barber customization like night warrior for gnomes. Right now they stand as the least played race and can't help feeling like that allied race slot could have been taken by literally anything more interesting.

From memory, all allied races are VERY close to each other in representation - all being extremely low. It may be the least played, but it cant be by much i wouldnt think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've wanted Mechagnomes since dealing with Mimiron in Ulduar. I would have liked them then. I still like them now.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    No one would play as a broken, Vrykul should've come instead of Kul Tirans, not Mechagnomes. Mechagnomes are ok.

The reason why Mechagnomes are playable because they're literally Gnomes with some tweaks.

So if you're asking what we have instead, it would have to be something of comparable effort to tweaks to an existing race.

Broken or Vrykul would be a lot more work to implement than Mechagnomes.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    From memory, all allied races are VERY close to each other in representation - all being extremely low. It may be the least played, but it cant be by much i wouldnt think.
    Void elves?

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Broken or Vrykul would be a lot more work to implement than Mechagnomes.
    Broken have used the Tauren skeleton since they were first introduced. They'd just need to improve their current model and make a female one.

That said, I don't know if "deformed draenei" would go over much better than mechagnomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    Void elves?
    What about them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Mechagnomes were fine. However people wanted full robots and not the weird junkyard cyborgs we ended up getting.

Kul Tirans should of been Drust or at least some diluted bloodline.

Some very simple ways to improve Mechagnomes -

• Give them an ENTIRELY Mecha option with some robot heads too
    • Do some more "horror" esque modifications - These undead skeleton mechagnomes are GLORIOUS!
    • Give us their heritage armour in the other shades FFS! Why do Maghar Orcs have the different colours, but MechaGnomes don't when their armour is meant to match their skin tones? /facepalm
    • Make MechaGnome Shamans please!
    • Make "Transformer" style Mecha-Druids, that turn into a literal Tank, Helicopter and other equally crazy stuff for their druid forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Kul Tirans should of been Drust or at least some diluted bloodline.
    For KT Males I just wish there was a lot more variety in the faces.

For Females... I just wish they had SOME kind of personality. Maybe make them more Amazonian? ANYTHING. They're just so plain and dull and frumpy looking.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2022-05-17 at 08:27 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Should have gotten high elves instead of void elves.

Manari for the Horde instead of Draenei++.

Taunka instead of Highmountain Tauren.

Vrykul instead of Kul Tirans, or at least have Kul Tirans actually look similar to normal humans, at the bare minimum the same height.

Gilgoblins instead of vulpera.

Full-on Mechagnomes instead of cyborg-gnomes.

((Seriously, why did they invent a bunch of new races we had never heard of instead of giving us long-requested ones?))

But the main thing I'm depressrd about that patch is that it had two zones, and Mechagon was fucking awesome. Like, they put an awful lot of time, effort, love, and interesting mechanics into it. And then Nyalotha got practically nothing. Why????? I would have GLADLY sacrificed every part of Mechagon in its entirety to havr all of that work spent on a cool new Old God zone and race.

We should've gotten furbolgs. A few tribes have a connection to NE's (along with that one tribe from the azuremyst) and the horde marched through most of the areas they live in during the war of thorns. Plus, they can be druids.

Don't get me wrong, they would probably have a low player pop but they would at least give the alliance a tribal race (which is more unique than gnomes that love tech even more than current gnomes).

10+ Year Old Account
    While I completely disagree with the idea of them being a barber customization due to the amount of code & difference from other races, I feel like Ankoan would have been a better choice. It would have played off the Nazjatar story well, it would have led to a potential reunion with the Jinyu as well as an oft requested model joining the Alliance. Story-wise, their leadership would provide a fantastically different view for the other races to consider. Plus, it would have felt unique like the Vulpera did as opposed to just feeling like a partial customization as we got.

Nothing, as they were added during a patch that was heavily involved in why they were being added.
    If you think you can just rewrite all of BFA to be better, you aren't alone. But in the reality the rest of us live in, we were only ever going to get Mechagnomes for Alliance there, as they seemed dead set on Vulpera being added to horde.
    Absolute best you can hope for would be some other faction from BFA, but there was none that were allied with the Alliance other than Kultiran, right?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of MechaGnomes, the Alliance should have gotten a leader such as Jaina or Genn killed off to get closer to how many leaders the Horde has had killed off.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post

Considering the connection to the content, nothing. Skinny humans, maybe?

Else, not many other options to replace them due to content connection.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Considering the connection to the content, nothing. Skinny humans, maybe?

Else, not many other options to replace them due to content connection.
    Does it need a connection? Mag'har pretty much came from nowhere. i don't think the alliance going to get jinyu would be any weirder than hopping timelines to get au orcs.

There are also ways to make connections to content (i.e. furbolgs or dryads joining the alliance due to all the destruction in darkshore or they could've made those quillboar in stormsong friendly then join afterwards like vulpera). of course, these are all hypotheticals, but still.

7+ Year Old Account
    Mogu or Sethrak. Mogu even have male and female models and we found one clan that wasn't hellbent on enslaving everyone. Perfect allied race if you ask me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malorne the White Stag View Post
    Does it need a connection? Mag'har pretty much came from nowhere. i don't think the alliance going to get jinyu would be any weirder than hopping timelines to get au orcs.

There are also ways to make connections to content (i.e. furbolgs or dryads joining the alliance due to all the destruction in darkshore or they could've made those quillboar in stormsong friendly then join afterwards like vulpera). of course, these are all hypotheticals, but still.
    I'm talking about the obvious direct connection we make with Mechagon, and the story leading up, unless, you believe we shouldn't have helped the Rustbolt, or offered them away? We literally had it served, and it was obvious.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

All they need to do is add the option for a mechanical head and torso in their customization options update. They could look like the Northrend ones, or at least an updated version of it. Metal hair would be cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Should have gotten high elves instead of void elves.

Manari for the Horde instead of Draenei++.

Taunka instead of Highmountain Tauren.

Vrykul instead of Kul Tirans, or at least have Kul Tirans actually look similar to normal humans, at the bare minimum the same height.

Gilgoblins instead of vulpera.

Full-on Mechagnomes instead of cyborg-gnomes.

((Seriously, why did they invent a bunch of new races we had never heard of instead of giving us long-requested ones?))

But the main thing I'm depressrd about that patch is that it had two zones, and Mechagon was fucking awesome. Like, they put an awful lot of time, effort, love, and interesting mechanics into it. And then Nyalotha got practically nothing. Why????? I would have GLADLY sacrificed every part of Mechagon in its entirety to havr all of that work spent on a cool new Old God zone and race.
    LITERALLY NONE of these have to do with the Legion or BfA story.