Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    See, babies only matter until they are born.
    I mean brown babies never matter to conservatives even if they aren't born.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    I mean brown babies never matter to conservatives even if they aren't born.
    No, they matter to them. As a means of scape goating the actual problems.

Conservative solutions to problems is find someone to blame who is tangentially involved, blame them and rather than actually work to solve the problem.

Also, they matter so they can paint pro-choice people as racist. Because pro-choice people use abortion to kill non-white babies!
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    No, they matter to them. As a means of scape goating the actual problems.

Conservative solutions to problems is find someone to blame who is tangentially involved, blame them and rather than actually work to solve the problem.

Also, they matter so they can paint pro-choice people as racist. Because pro-choice people use abortion to kill non-white babies!
    The real Rightists say Pro-Choice wants to use abortion to kill all babies. Hail Satan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is what the start of police state looks like. Just ask the Jewish and Gypsy population from 1930's Germany.

I guess it's time to allow an employee at every Planned Parenthood to live in the clinic.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Trump, at some point, is going to pick up the anti-abortion movement as his own (despite, I'm sure, needing many of them himself). When he does that he will solidify his hold on the GOP as a whole. He will have control of the following:

1. GOP purse strings (already)
    2. GQP/MAGA/QNON crazies (already)
    3. GOP Anti-abortion movement personnel and grass roots and violent crazies, which include the religious conservatives who didn't support Trump, but do passionately believe in abortion bans.

This trifecta will get him the 2024 nomination and win for the White House (with Desantis, possibly, as his running mate).

Virtue signaling. I don't think any of the justices have homes in Florida.

If Roe vs. Wade is overturned, the US may be seeing a surge in maternal mortality. As it is, the US saw a 20% surge in maternal mortality rate in 2020. California was the only state that did not experience an increase in maternal mortality. The anti-abortion states are the states with the highest maternal mortality rates to begin with. Some in order of magnitude when compared to California. I guarantee that forcing women to carry through unwanted pregnancies will make the problem worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Isn’t their response to just “send them back to Mexico”?
    starve them first it's cheaper!!

- - - Updated - - -

LOOL what is this bill #1393 that won't stand up to challenges?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    If Roe vs. Wade is overturned, the US may be seeing a surge in maternal mortality. As it is, the US saw a 20% surge in maternal mortality rate in 2020. California was the only state that did not experience an increase in maternal mortality. The anti-abortion states are the states with the highest maternal mortality rates to begin with. Some in order of magnitude when compared to California. I guarantee that forcing women to carry through unwanted pregnancies will make the problem worse.
    Even worse, the forced carry-to-term just makes the poverty stricken that much worse. Nothing causes a larger financial strain than having a child, and in making the already-poor carry through pregnancies we'll see an increase in all the things the GQP hopes to gain. A dying middle class and a further income discrepancy.

Republican Who Put Tent on Nancy Pelosi's Lawn Slams DeSantis Protest Law

Laura Loomer, a far-right political activist who is running in a GOP primary for a U.S. House seat representing the state's 11th Congressional District, took to social media to slam the new law signed by Governor Ron DeSantis on Monday.

On Gettr, Loomer wrote that she's not supportive of the new law and referred to it as a "violation of the First Amendment" and stated that it is "unconstitutional."

Loomer, in the post stating her opposition to the law, mentioned a 2019 protest at Nancy Pelosi's California residence, where Loomer reportedly jumped a fence and set up a tent on the yard, calling it "one of my most effective protests." Loomer wrote that during that particular protest, she "claimed sanctuary on her [Pelosi's] lawn with illegal aliens to protest her refusal to fund the border wall."

Loomer went on to say that "as long as people aren't violent, peacefully protesting outside a politicians home on public property should be allowed."

Who's the special snowflake now?

Although San Franciscans probably have much thicker skin when it comes to political rallies and protests. I swear there are always some kind of protests each week. They are considered free entertainment. FunCheapSF even published a schedule of planned protests in the Bay Area.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2022-05-17 at 11:55 PM.

Holy shit...Loomer is probably right about it being unconstitutional. It's rare that she's right about literally anything, it's a banner day.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Holy shit...Loomer is probably right about it being unconstitutional. It's rare that she's right about literally anything, it's a banner day.
    I just think it's funny. Nancy Pelosi has been the target of many protests and she never once called the police on any of them. Her neighbors did call the police on Code Pink. However, she did not. Code Pink even occupied her San Francisco office for a whole afternoon, and she let them hang around her office.

I just think it's funny. Nancy Pelosi has been the target of many protests and she never once called the police on any of them. Her neighbors did call the police on Code Pink. However, she did not. Code Pink even occupied her San Francisco office for a whole afternoon, and she let them hang around her office.
    Meanwhile, Narc fuckin Collins over in Maine is callin the cops on some polite chalk messages talking about damaging public property and shit.

It sure is interesting the difference between how members of different political parties handle and respond to protests. Democrats seem to largely welcome/accept/tolerate them. Republicans get super fuckin triggered.

Republican Who Put Tent on Nancy Pelosi's Lawn Slams DeSantis Protest Law

Who's the special snowflake now?

Although San Franciscans probably have much thicker skin when it comes to political rallies and protests. I swear there are always some kind of protests each week. They are considered free entertainment. FunCheapSF even published a schedule of planned protests in the Bay Area.
    As much as Loomer is crazy in a lot of ways, she is right on this. If you are on public property just holding signs up to make a point not threatening anyone, you are exercising your First Amendment rights. It shouldn't matter if it is in a park or on the sidewalk/street in front of a house.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    As much as Loomer is crazy in a lot of ways, she is right on this. If you are on public property just holding signs up to make a point not threatening anyone, you are exercising your First Amendment rights. It shouldn't matter if it is in a park or on the sidewalk/street in front of a house.
    Feels real fuckin weird being on the same side of an issue as Loomer, but I guess there are bound to be at least a few things we agree on. Like pizza is delicious, or that peaceful protest on public property is a First Amendment protected right and states cannot legislate that away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Only gonna quote the first one, but certainly a thread that should be read.
    Rep. Thomas Massie describes people who decide to have an abortion as "those who would prematurely end the life of their baby."

"The baby is not the body of the woman that it's inside of," he adds.
    That. Is. The. Fucking. Point. You. Egg.

The fetus inside her womb is not part of her body, and that means if she doesn't want it inside her body, it should be removed. Literally the entire argument for pro-choice.

That Massie think it's an argument for pro-life just demonstrates how little consideration he gives to women as being people, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That. Is. The. Fucking. Point. You. Egg.

The fetus inside her womb is not part of her body, and that means if she doesn't want it inside her body, it should be removed. Literally the entire argument for pro-choice.

That Massie think it's an argument for pro-life just demonstrates how little consideration he gives to women as being people, at all.
    An easy way I have described it which merges the whole scientific and religious views on it is by describing it like this. I had it shut down any response they could give.

“Your soul isn’t in your hand, your feet, your genitals, or even your brain itself. It’s your consciousness, your thoughts, your feelings, your hopes and your fears. Until that is there, you aren’t.

Aborting a fetus that hasn’t developed a consciousness is no more a murder than unplugging your brain dead relative off life support. The relatives soul has left the body while the fetus never had one yet and until It does, it isn’t a person, just a mound of flesh.

And if you want to argue about potential for life instead of whether it actually has a soul or not. Then science has already figured out how to turn mature cells back into stem cells and can potentially even inject them into an egg and create a baby so by your logic the skin flakes off my ass are as sacred as your children which is stupid to suggest but where a proposal of potential takes it.

So, it isn’t about what was or could be but what is. And if the consciousness isn’t there, then it isn’t murder.”

That leaves them with the choice of saying that unplugging their family member is murder which many of them won’t agree with and even call it a mercy or them having to say my ass skin is as sacred as their kids. Not response to it yet that wasn’t just acceptance or scoffing.
    Last edited by Fugus; 2022-05-19 at 01:16 AM.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    That leaves them with the choice of saying that unplugging their family member is murder
    Do you not remember the Schiavo business where they were arguing exactly that when they thought they could use that case as a club against pro-choice people?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Do you not remember the Schiavo business where they were arguing exactly that when they thought they could use that case as a club against pro-choice people?
    Sorry, I do not.

There was a group that argued unplugging a brain dead relative on life support should be a murder charge?

Edit: Found it

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terri_Schiavo_case
    Last edited by Fugus; 2022-05-19 at 02:57 AM.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

So pro-life that almost the entire Republican House voted against additional funding for the FDA to help try to boost production indirectly - more funding for inspectors to ensure plants coming back online are safe, keeping fake baby formula out of the market and more. IT's not much, $28M is literally nothing for the US government.

But it's telling that Republicans seem to largely have lined up against this bill intended to help mothers keep their newborns fed as de-regulated capitalism fails us.