Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Tuckers still playing to Vladdy Putin.
    "The more I think about it, it takes a lot of gall for eye patch McCain to attack moms who are worried about baby formula as pro-Russia," Carlson said. "That is probably one of the most outrageous things I have ever heard now that I am thinking about it. Why not just answer the question, why the attacks? What does that tell you?"
    WHAT THE FUCK IS EVEN THIS SENTENCE? How do these two things even fucking correlate?

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    WHAT THE FUCK IS EVEN THIS SENTENCE? How do these two things even fucking correlate?
    Why would one ever expect to make logical sense of the sounds that come out of Tucker Carlson's mouth? You know, when it's not just hanging agape as if he's really shocked by something but the top half of his face hasn't quite caught up to the shock and is still in a state of confusion.

And once again it seems the Russians are not to be trusted. It looks like they may be planning on going back on their deal, made through the UN and the Red Cross, to end the Azovstal siege. The defenders were conditionally surrendering under the agreement that they would be exchanged for Russian PoWs but now, after the fact, Russia media and politicians are wanting the Azov regiment named an official terrorist organisation, the banning of releasing of prisoner swaps and the establishment of Donetsk Nuremburg trials.

15+ Year Old Account
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61484222
    I dont know if its a moral compass, a sense of changes & posititioning or just big balls but that is one hell of an appearance.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61484222
    I dont know if its a moral compass, a sense of changes & posititioning or just big balls but that is one hell of an appearance.
    He actually spoke out against the invasion before it happened and this isn't his first appearance on state media speaking the truth. So either he has some kind of protection from someone important or he is being allowed to do this to soften the impact of a failed war. Hard to say.

But seeing him put that sour-faced warmonger in her place was enjoyable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    He actually spoke out against the invasion before it happened and this isn't his first appearance on state media speaking the truth. So either he has some kind of protection from someone important or he is being allowed to do this to soften the impact of a failed war. Hard to say.

But seeing him put that sour-faced warmonger in her place was enjoyable.
    I got no idea but by just reading the article and the fact that its Goebells chanel #1 and that the staff got stunned. Who knows.
    Either way its good at least for the time being. Im baffled that it went throught, kinda gives me hope Putler aint so safe in his seat as he would wise.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

And once again it seems the Russians are not to be trusted. It looks like they may be planning on going back on their deal, made through the UN and the Red Cross, to end the Azovstal siege. The defenders were conditionally surrendering under the agreement that they would be exchanged for Russian PoWs but now, after the fact, Russia media and politicians are wanting the Azov regiment named an official terrorist organisation, the banning of releasing of prisoner swaps and the establishment of Donetsk Nuremburg trials.
    Once the evac news came out, I was going to mention that they're all getting executed now, but decided to hope for the best instead. But, yea, should have known. It's Russia. Of course they're betraying their words. The defenders knew they're getting executed if they surrender, and held for so long because of that. It must have been hell for the months, for them to conclude Russian execution is preferable option to fighting to the last.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Once the evac news came out, I was going to mention that they're all getting executed now, but decided to hope for the best instead. But, yea, should have known. It's Russia. Of course they're betraying their words. The defenders knew they're getting executed if they surrender, and held for so long because of that. It must have been hell for the months, for them to conclude Russian execution is preferable option to fighting to the last.
    Perhaps they were operating on the notion that affecting a ceasefire to get the civilians out safely was worth whatever Russia would do to them afterwards.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Perhaps they were operating on the notion that affecting a ceasefire to get the civilians out safely was worth whatever Russia would do to them afterwards.
    I was under the impression that the civilians were already out of the plant though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Russians Line Up for McDonald's as It Leaves, Mirroring When Chain Opened

Wow. I tried to recall the last time I had McDonald and came up blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Wow. I tried to recall the last time I had McDonald and came up blank.
    I know exactly when, because most of my coworkers and I went that morning for a shame/depression breakfast. But watching Russia sprint backwards and seemingly erase decades of progress in the matter of a month is sure wild. That's quote a 90's picture, though.

I'm shocked! You don't say!

The Russians going back on their word and lying? Impossible!

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...to-2022-05-18/

It is done. A historic moment so Russian genocidal menace has to think bit more than just twice before even considering an invasion to Finland (and Sweden) ever again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post

It is done. A historic moment so Russian genocidal menace has to think bit more than just twice before even considering an invasion to Finland (and Sweden) ever again.
    As long as Turkey STFU of course. Though if the other 29 say 'yes!' it is likely that some compromise will be found. But yes, I for one will feel safer when it's all finalised and even now it feels a lot better already.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    The most interesting is that Russia seems cool with both Finland and Sweden joining NATO

https://thehill.com/news/3488987-fin...n-nato-calmly/
    Finnish president Niinistö, told CNN’s “State of the Union” that Putin’s reaction during the phone call was a “surprise.”

and
    , Kremlin Press Secretary Dmitry Peskov told Sky News on Friday.
    (Translation of "existential threat" for OP: Russia will not launch nuclear missiles against Finland and Sweden.)
    Not particularly surprising. They're both EU members. He really can't do anything to them because of it.

There's a reason Ukraine was trying to get added to the EU within weeks after NATO told them no. It's not officially a defensive pact, but it effectively is. If Putin invaded Finland, other countries in the EU would send forces to directly aid them.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    As long as Turkey STFU of course. Though if the other 29 say 'yes!' it is likely that some compromise will be found. But yes, I for one will feel safer when it's all finalised and even now it feels a lot better already.
    Turkey already made it clear what they want. How much of their claims is even true is another thing. VETO right or not, I doubt they can alone just block our entry

...or how much russian bot replies on Youtube videos wish it to be so

10+ Year Old Account

And this represents a further failure of one of Russia's external goals in this whole fiasco: the failure of their attempt to weaken NATO's position in the world by "intimidating" other countries with their show of "military might." Not only have they failed to demonstrate that military might, but they've actively incentivized their immediate neighbors into joining NATO. Russia really does seem to operate on street thug tactics... act big and tough, pick on the little guys, deny everything, and try and use fear and intimidation to scare people into doing what you want. The problem, of course, comes when the little guy actually punches back, and the people they're trying to scare go to some actual tough motherfuckers for some backup.

I almost wish certain someones weren't on a protracted forum vacation, so that they could explain how this all is really playing directly into Russia's grand plan of bringing the mighty low west. 'Cuz by my factoring, the west just got a bit mightier.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Not particularly surprising. They're both EU members. He really can't do anything to them because of it.

There's a reason Ukraine was trying to get added to the EU within weeks after NATO told them no. It's not officially a defensive pact, but it effectively is. If Putin invaded Finland, other countries in the EU would send forces to directly aid them.
    In addition to the added defense agreements this has, of course, the added benefit... and added Russian bemoaning... of formalized NATO installations right on Russia's doorstep.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2022-05-18 at 07:23 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Turkey already made it clear what they want. How much of their claims is even true is another thing. VETO right or not, I doubt they can alone just block our entry

...or how much russian bot replies on Youtube videos wish it to be so
    Indeed, I'm looking forward to be living in a NATO country again. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post

Art. 42.7 of the EU treaty is pretty robust, yes. Not as ironclad as art. 5 but still quite robust for the EU.
    Last edited by Iphie; 2022-05-18 at 07:32 AM.

Definite change in tone on Russian state media of late.

Our weapons are still effective (despite everything), Putin isn't being told the truth about what is going on, all our lives are in danger, not sure how tehy can win the war.

Not sure if they are starting to panic or if it is laying the groundwork for martial law/conscription. I'd lean more towards the later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definite change in tone on Russian state media of late.

Our weapons are still effective (despite everything), Putin isn't being told the truth about what is going on, all our lives are in danger, not sure how tehy can win the war.

Not sure if they are starting to panic or if it is laying the groundwork for martial law/conscription. I'd lean more towards the later.
    Not sure about that really, you can see in the clip that a few are not convinced by the host(?). I hope it's just a last gasp and they'll move towards de-escalation. Also 'We're not shelling Kyiv or Kharkiv'...euh, yes you do, don't lie (Oh, wait...russians...) and the few times Belgorod oblast got hit that could have come just as easily from Belgorod while trying to shell Kharkiv.