Page 24 of 84 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    she is just not letting Turd's Lawyer get in barely any questions lol
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    she is just not letting Turd's Lawyer get in barely any questions lol
    I really enjoyed the judges comment "what if any is not a cure all".
    Error 404 - Signature not found

She is so unlikeable. And her lawyer is crap.

- - - Updated - - -

She's done already? Amber bolted out the door. The judge ain't even out yet. ROFL

5+ Year Old Account
    I was a bit baffled last week when she said she was abused, ended up on the floor, then stopped to tell everyone that they have a really, really, beautiful floor, like she is talking about something that happened to someone else, and she just needs to flaunt her fancy floor, she isn't abused on a cheap floor like the peasants!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    I really enjoyed the judges comment "what if any is not a cure all".

watchin it while on Asmongold's stream. hes roasting her just as much too. though he admits Johnny won't win . but he does say Amber's rep is ruined and Johnny basically just wants people to know that she isn't 100% innocent
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

So Heard's defense is now everyone else is a liar, I am right. She called her lawyers incompetent, essentially, and not doing their job (Obviously). Anytime there is clear obsession and abuse on her end, she tries to twist it around and say otherwise. Like - I can understand this in some context, as that's true. Sometimes people plead and beg to stop things from happening, to prevent further abuse.

But it's another thing to do this towards someone who is actively avoiding you and wanting to get away from you, and not be around you. It's not also uncommon for this to be an abuse tactic, true. But it's repeatedly the same incident with evidence that it's (almost) always Johnny trying to get away, while Amber begs him to stay or not go away.

Anyone whose been abused emotionally probably has heard those exact statements formulated in different ways multiple times. It's sad reading it, and hearing her say otherwise and having so many people come out against her. With no evidence to almost anything, she's just setting herself up for failure even if Johnny does not win this case (Which would be baffling at this point in time).

I can't wait for the south park episode....

That recording where she's cackling like a demon while taunting, insulting and belittling him.. Holy shit that was creepy

The only way I see Depp losing is if it's on some stupid "Well she called you an abuser and both of you are, therefore she was telling the truth" angle. She's clearly vile herself and lied about a fair amount of what she claims happened. Common sense destroys her narratives; why/how are you out partying and on late night shows literally hours after you claim Depp tried to kill you?

It genuinely feels like, best case scenario for her, they were in an imperfect marriage and treated each other badly and she called him an abuser to get some petty revenge, and worst case was the perpetrator of most/all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    The only way I see Depp losing is if it's on some stupid "Well she called you an abuser and both of you are, therefore she was telling the truth" angle. She's clearly vile herself and lied about a fair amount of what she claims happened. Common sense destroys her narratives; why/how are you out partying and on late night shows literally hours after you claim Depp tried to kill you?

It genuinely feels like, best case scenario for her, they were in an imperfect marriage and treated each other badly and she called him an abuser to get some petty revenge, and worst case was the perpetrator of most/all of it.
    She will win, despite being a liar and a psychopath.

And that has nothing to do with her being a woman or a victim. It has to do with the legalities of what is and isn't defamation.

This has been a mutually toxic and violent relationship, and much if not most of it was initiated by Heard, but that is irrelevant to the technical question before the jury. Namely, was Depp violent and would the term "domestic abuser" apply to him in the broadest sense of the definition? And there the answer is yes.

Him getting any favorable verdict would be shocking and would be instantly overturned in appeals.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    That recording where she's cackling like a demon while taunting, insulting and belittling him.. Holy shit that was creepy
    What video is that? There are so many...

I saw this one video of her being in court for abusing her former girlfriend (has she been in court for abuse for all her relationships??), she did this wicked smile at the accusations, like "yeah, i did that, whatchagoingtodoaboutit??"

Totally creep city!

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    What video is that? There are so many...

I saw this one video of her being in court for abusing her former girlfriend (has she been in court for abuse for all her relationships??), she did this wicked smile at the accusations, like "yeah, i did that, whatchagoingtodoaboutit??"

Totally creep city!
    It was audio only. She was clearly on drugs, insisting JD suck her dick, cackling like crazy.

Amber's sister's testimony looks really good for Amber. She's the only person to say she actually saw Depp abuse Amber. Depp is going to need one hell of a cross examination to recover.

Rocky's was a bit laughable when she started crying claiming Amber had two black eyes in a picture she clearly didn't have any black eyes. It was a bit surreal and kind of killed any credibility she had. Like has she ever seen someone wake up without makeup before in her life?

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Anyone seen the OP alive? After all that shilling for AH (ouch painful initials) last few days in court he must've snapped.
    Havent gone any where. Just found this to be very unproductive and decided to stop contributing.

He's only back because Amber is having a good day in court. Honestly, if I heard the testimony today and none of Amber's her claims would be way more believable. Amber taking the stand was the best thing for Depp.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Amber taking the stand was the best thing for Depp.
    Yup, her taking the stand was a like watching a plane crash she lied so obviously so many times I don't think anything can save her case. The whole thing is based on the her being believable but lying and fighting so many times over the tiniest thing even when it's obvious she was lying made things so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post

The trial isn't about deciding who's the better person and handing them a prize. It's about knowing if Heard defamed Depp by calling him an abuser. Considering his behavior could very easily be interpreted as abusive (regardless of her own shitty behavior) and how defamation is very hard to prove in the US, Depp likely won't win the case. But that's not what he's seeking, he's targeting the court of public opinion where people do treat this as a game show where the "better" person wins.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    The trial isn't about deciding who's the better person and handing them a prize. It's about knowing if Heard defamed Depp by calling him an abuser. Considering his behavior could very easily be interpreted as abusive (regardless of her own shitty behavior) and how defamation is very hard to prove in the US, Depp likely won't win the case. But that's not what he's seeking, he's targeting the court of public opinion where people do treat this as a game show where the "better" person wins.
    Exactly. And the bar is set pretty low in her favor. Hypothetically even he pushed her away after she antagonized him for hours then the law would protect her - and similar scenario was described by him.

The recordings absolutely destroyed her public image. Her testimony destroyed her image. The facts that came up next to her actions prior to the trial have destroyed her reputation.

Depp's reputation will more or likely stay the same in terms of 'fans and liability'. I don't think they original accusations actually really did anything but make people double down on whether they liked him or not, or just remain neutral as a lot of people are with celebrities. Of course he lost jobs but that's more due to optics than actually liking him. Post trial, opinions will be reinforced once again. Either you already liked him and glad he got his story out, don't and will celebrate him losing the trial, or just move on with your opinion of him.

The biggest picture is for those who have been in relationships with someone like Heard or in a codependent toxic relationship where one side took things way out of their mutual boundaries (even if toxic for most). Man or woman. Heard has all the markers of an abuser, seen in both men and women and to see that bullshit put in the open in public is vindication for people who have had to deal with people like her. Depp ain't no saint but Heard is on a completely different level. Her kind of manipulative behavior in conjunction with the physical is horrible. Then she tried to exploit the sympathy people have for those who actually gone through DV for favor and attention? She is a terrible person. Thankfully put her acting skills on full display for future casting directors to review. Depp lost his jobs over rumors. She is going to lose hers because she clearly sucks at playing a victim in front of an audience. Villain? Sociopath? She can do that very well though

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The recordings absolutely destroyed her public image. Her testimony destroyed her image. The facts that came up next to her actions prior to the trial have destroyed her reputation.
    I always do enjoy watching a career self-immolation unfold in front of our eyes.