I think the premise could have legs if they don't overplay it on the girl power just for girl power's sake. Give it some substance, and we're gucci.

But DEAR GODS THE CGI IS TERRIBLE. It hurts, aaaaah. Why are we back in 2010 uncanny valley territory? Banner's Hulk doesn't look that bad! Oh wait, it's the budget isn't it.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I think the premise could have legs if they don't overplay it on the girl power just for girl power's sake. Give it some substance, and we're gucci.

But DEAR GODS THE CGI IS TERRIBLE. It hurts, aaaaah. Why are we back in 2010 uncanny valley territory? Banner's Hulk doesn't look that bad! Oh wait, it's the budget isn't it.
    Ya if you don't like "girl power" She hulk really isn't the character for you.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Ya if you don't like "girl power" She hulk really isn't the character for you.
    I have no problem with girl power, I'm just hoping it's more than "this needs to have girl power in it, so that's what we're putting in it". A story reason would be nice, which is what I'm hoping for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I have no problem with girl power, I'm just hoping it's more than "this needs to have girl power in it, so that's what we're putting in it". A story reason would be nice, which is what I'm hoping for.
    Funny how nobody ever talks about "boy power" in any of the myriad shows with a strong male character.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Funny how nobody ever talks about "boy power" in any of the myriad shows with a strong male character.
    Nobody talks about a "homme fatale" either. That's just how certain tropes play out.

Before I go ever-so-slightly off-topic , I want to say that I hope She Hulk is a good show and doesn't turn into some agenda-pushing woke garbage fire. The character definitely has potential that I hope is used to its fullest.

With that in mid, here is my fanciful dream plan for the MCU:

1) Buy Marvel from Disney for $100 billion dollars. I'll go as high as half a trillion if they wanna play hard-ball.

1.5) Buy any bits of Marvel that anyone besides Disney owns. Looking at you Sony, and you Universal.

2) Announce that all current Marvel-based projects that have not reached post-production (the fine-tuning stage where everything is pretty much done and ready to ship) will be declared null and void, and forced to shutdown.

3) Go on a hiatus for about 5-10 years, so that photorealistic CGI gets even better.

4) After the aforementioned hiatus, announce a revival of the MCU in full-on photorealistic CGI that will make the first Avatar film look like a student project done in Blender.

5) Ensure the fanbase that there will be little-if-any alterations of the source material. So no being more concerned about snowflake countries or minorities in the community who whinge no matter what anyway.

6) Make plans to buy DC from whomever owns it.

I thought it looked fun, but yeah, I hope they were rushed to made the trailer and the final CGI will look better because sheesh.

Hawkeye and Moon Knight turned out to be pretty average shows, so I don't really have high expectations for this one. Maybe it will surprise me. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    oh lol his reactions...
    In case anyone was tempted to take you or that channel seriously...

Says about all anyone would need to know, tbh. All it's missing is a Brie Larson thumbnail.

I fear too that Marvel have developed a time machine and travelled 50 FUCKING YEARS into the past to inject feminism in the She-Hulk character just for the purpose of score woke points in the present.

Unfuckingbelievable you guys.....simply unfuckingbelievable....I don't even..... LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post

Here's our first look at She Hulk.
    Outside of the CGI which looks awfully weird, everything else about this looks cool, the actress who they got to play Jennifer Walters looks perfectly casted too, comedy too even seems okay... but still damn that CGI... Oof

I always loved the She-Hulk character but was never huge into her comics. Always liked her as part of the avengers.

On a side note, why do we not have Rick Jones yet in the MCU? I know he is a side character to the Hulk, but this could be the the place to introduce him. Maybe they'll make him into a plot to bring in A-Bomb... possibilities are endless :P

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post

Says about all anyone would need to know, tbh. All it's missing is a Brie Larson thumbnail.
    You wouldn't believe the amount of grifters/man children I block on a daily basis on youtube, and even those I block, they still come back... In a way I kind of pity them, they are so jaded they just see wokeness everywhere, even when it doesn't exist. a solo women in a show come sout then its labelled 'woke'. Then when you call them out on what a strong female character is, they'll fall back onto the argument of Ellen Ripley every fucking time. But anything recent like anything that comes out now is 'woke'... I couldn't live that miserably. Do these people enjoy something that isnt the bubble of their childhood nostalgia? Its very sad.

Also I haven't paid one single bit of attention to that Amber Herd trail. But I know there are people obsessed over it for some reason I don't know why
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-05-18 at 09:50 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    You wouldn't believe the amount of grifters/man children I block on a daily basis on youtube, and even those I block, they still come back... In a way I kind of pity them, they are so jaded they just see wokeness everywhere, even when it doesn't exist. a solo women in a show come sout then its labelled 'woke'. Then when you call them out on what a strong female character is, they'll fall back onto the argument of Ellen Ripley every fucking time. But anything recent like anything that comes out now is 'woke'... I couldn't live that miserably. Do these people enjoy something that isnt the bubble of their childhood nostalgia? Its very sad.

Also I haven't paid one single bit of attention to that Amber Herd trail. But I know there are people obsessed over it for some reason I don't know why
    On one side we have @Ihavewaffles who just links vids intead of expressing his opinion (when he knows it's unpopular) because he thinks that shields it from criticism ( really brave) and on the other side we have a dumbass "expert" in the vid who doesn't even know who Titania is , She-Hulk archnemesis ( is this a joke? Jesus).

The circus came to town.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Presumably because it's a case of a woman who did some objectively shitty stuff, so they want to make sure everyone knows it happens. But I can safely say I have no information on (or interest in) the topic beyond what I saw in that Legal Eagle video briefly summarizing it.

The dialogue was pretty cringe, and the CGI looked awful, but honestly par for the course with the Disney shows lately so another skip on that front.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Presumably because it's a case of a woman who did some objectively shitty stuff, so they want to make sure everyone knows it happens. But I can safely say I have no information on (or interest in) the topic beyond what I saw in that Legal Eagle video briefly summarizing it.
    I know poop is involved thats about all I have taken away from it
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    because 'boy power' doesnt come along with guys upstaging females over and over. girlpower is ALWAYS girls beating boys and it gets cringe REALLY fast. If its girls overcoming their own weaknesses the way 'boy power' does then its fine, nobody is bothered by that, but when you need to emasculate males over and over to prop up your female lead then its awful.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    I fear too that Marvel have developed a time machine and travelled 50 FUCKING YEARS into the past to inject feminism in the She-Hulk character just for the purpose of score woke points in the present.

Unfuckingbelievable you guys.....simply unfuckingbelievable....I don't even..... LOL
    My fox what will those dastardly villains do next force wokeness into the Xmen? How dare they!
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    because 'boy power' doesnt come along with guys upstaging females over and over. girlpower is ALWAYS girls beating boys and it gets cringe REALLY fast. If its girls overcoming their own weaknesses the way 'boy power' does then its fine, nobody is bothered by that, but when you need to emasculate males over and over to prop up your female lead then its awful.
    Ya become movies never make woman damsel’s in distress, take away there agency, make them nothing but trophy’s for men, fridge them for main character development, or other wise infantilize them so men can be portrayed as lady kills, hero’s or just cool because they get the girl.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Supposedly, Hulk isn't in it very much (which I think makes sense, She-Hulk should get the focus). I've also read that the whole series is a "mess." But I guess we'll see.
    I mena its nice to see an update on him, we got nothing until shang chi post credit scene, and he was in his banner form, not hulk, so i hope we get some explanations on that.

Well i would argue a lot of marvel series kinda being a bit bloated or a mess, because they close everything 6 eps.

What i do hope is she breaking shit up, instead of just doing gags, what i miss from the super powered heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    She Hulk sleeping around a ton was a ongoing Gag in her comics for a while so I wouldn’t be surprised if they fall back on it quite a few times.
    The thing i dislike was using the applicative, like, maybe it would be funny some years ago.

I was actually surprised to learn that Moon Knight is apparently somewhat divisive, and outright hated in some cases. I thought it was one of the better Marvel shows.
    Moon Knight was great when it was dealing with the main character's issues. Less so when it was just being a superhero show. I liked the hippo lady, though. So that's a plus.

Yeah, if both of you could just not watch it, that'd be neat. Save the site some bandwidth by having less whinging about "agendas" and things being too "woke." It already seems to be upsetting you both lol

I would suggest a re-reading of my post ( with special attention to the current existence of time machines)